It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The human body allows interaction with physical world.
The human body dies and is easily recycled by nature.
The human body identifies the person amongst the persons. The individual versus the crowd.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The human body allows interaction with physical world.
The human body dies and is easily recycled by nature.
The human body identifies the person amongst the persons. The individual versus the crowd.

And allows for similar copies to be made.
edit on 24-8-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So you think that a persons spirit would be formed immediately grown up or fully knowledgable? Can't newly formed spirits be 'baby spirits' that need to learn?

I was under the impression that the common belief is that spirits are just as eternal as the gods. That we are reincarnated over and over, and when we finally die at some point, all of the secrets of the universe will be revealed to us.

My point is, on THIS belief, if the spirits haven't learned all that they're going to learn in the 500,000 generations of humans that have lived and died (that was a guess), then they must be really stupid. Either that or the whole premise of spirits is a fabrication.

As for new spirits being born when we are born, I really haven't thought about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The purpose of us being in a human body is that we wouldnt be if we werent.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

If you cannot say what it is, you cannot say what it is not.

Am I missing something here? If I stumble across a thing and I don't know what it is, I can still say that it is not a heart, or a doorknob, or a bear.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I suppose we need a body to live in on the earth. Perhaps if we had hatched on another planet we would be in a different type of body were it say arid or under water.

What I do know is that I would like to make a few changes to my human body. I am grateful for the one I arrived in and wouldn't fault it as such but:

would like a pair of wings as the roads here are horrendous,
would want a fur layer to grow in the winter,
would like a number of inbuilt technologies such as complete memory recall, ability to read minds and talents such as to sing, drawer, the ability to hold a data base of info so that without effort or research some of the things the various sciences are discovering, I could read, absorb and understand.
Oh yes, one more thing I want to be able to breathe under water also. I hear we are evolving all the time so I am optimistic that perhaps when I come round for the next trip on earth..

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Rather than post some philosophical response on the Star Trek type reference of "carbon based lifeforms" and "it's life Jim, but not as we know it", I'll toss this in the pot.

"The blood is the life". In very overgeneralized terms, the statement in the movie Constantine that water acts as a kind of lubricant for passing to the spiritual worlds has long been recognized in different ways. Then consider that the blood has iron in it and is moving around constantly, but the iron does not react strongly to a magnetic field, as in we can't pull the blood out of someone with a strong magnetic field. So mix all that together and you get a moving liquid with iron in it that doesn't react much to magnetic fields but could conceivably create a kind of odd electromagnetic effect that more easily allows the manipulation of the body by a spirit presence. Consider the electromagnetic effects seen in some hauntings. So I could say, I think therefore I am, and I bleed therefore I live.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The body is here for the spirit to get practiced in.
The spirit is you. The body is your vehicle.
You get this vehicle, in its frailty and finiteness so that you must live healthy and joyous as best you can, but also do the work required.
The work, again, is practice, at being and doing.
The spirit may or may not be infinite.
I'm hoping it is.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I always wondered this.. if god was so all knowing and all powerful, why the hell did he make human bodies? Gotta feed it constantly and always have water.. very annoying really.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
We are born into bodies to suffer and be judged for it...kidding...kind of??
Honestly, my feeling is that we're eternalinfiniteuniversal essences of one kind or another...and these bodies are our experiential vessels to explore creation for one reason or another...all be it a good one!!
And that our original design has devolved, so to speak, whether as part of its original design, or as of some other design's design for our design.
And that we have the capacity to over-come this current state of humanity, to come full-circle and to become stronger than we ever would become before.
There's the positivistic optimism for the day

LOVE

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
...for us to question what the purpose of us being in a human being is...or isn't...and what the consequences of that might be, and to invent nefarious and beautiful reasons why it might be so, using whatever we deem relevant to our position on the subject...

If there is anything that human loves to do, it's to utilise the creative principle inherent in thought to manifest at some level the result of that thought...but deny the mechanism by which it occurs, and why that would be relevant...

Å99

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We are here to experience physical reality. The spirit cannot touch, smell, taste, hear, smell except by memory and unless it has physical experience it has no memory . Phsical reality , including our bodies, is the creation of an omnipotent being and is essentially an image, a projection and a medium which 'allows' us to feel, think, communicate, do, create, love, hurt, et al..in word LIVE in the physical. And the most amazing thing is that it all seems so real, so final, so detached from God, so personal. But that is the way it is meant to be, don't you see?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Maybe we exist as a means for the earth to experience itself?

Don't think that makes sense.

I'll try again,

“I tell you, we are on earth to fart around and don’t let anybody tell you different”
Kurt Vonnegut

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
Maybe we exist as a means for the earth to experience itself?

Don't think that makes sense.

I'll try again,

“I tell you, we are on earth to fart around and don’t let anybody tell you different”
Kurt Vonnegut

Yeah, well he would say that wouldn't he. Not the he himself farted around.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe we are in human bodies so our soul can experience living in a 3d world in which it could never do without the body.
We are in human body because we live on earth, before earth was formed, we were something else in another type of body on another planet doing the same thing.
The purpose is to raise the vibration of the planet to ascention status, then we can seed another planet and do it all over again.
Raising the vibration is done through conscoiusness of humans through many generations. At certain conscious levels, there will be more inventions being thought of, but the big one which is quantum will not be shared until there is peace on planet earth. Only then will we be able to travel the universe.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

who is noone, i would like to meet them being that they hold the answer........

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The human body raises its chakra vibration level every time it passes wind. Food for thought!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Is the chakra located near the anus?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I accept that you have found a purpose to yourself, but please don't have the arrogance to assume your purpose should apply to everyone. It is our right to determine our own purpose. Call it an exercise in creativity.
edit on 24-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I never defined anyone else's specific purpose. But the general purpose stands. It's not arrogance. It's very simple truth. It's a very simple truth that eludes many people and causes so much of their confusion, and therefore, their willingness to succumb to their enslavement.

If people weren't feeling choked out by the world around them, they would barely find a reason to seek for a purpose.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Exactly right. But you said the functioning human organism is the broadcaster.

That cannot be true. You cannot control your functions. You can't add height to yourself. You can't grow your hair the way you want it simply by thought.

No. I'm saying your functions control you. You are your bodily functions, and the body that functions. A song cannot play the instrument it comes from.

I'm glad we agree on the other points, to an extent.

But your bodily functions do not control you, unless you let them. They can attempt to exercise power over you, but you give it authority by succumbing. It's not easy at all, by any means, to resist some things. But you can resist. And if you can resist, and the brain is also a part of the body, (therefore, it cannot technically war against the body, or else the body becomes diseased and will not stand) so there must be a place from which resistance is derived outside of the body.

Now the environment can help to be a reminder in order to help supplement the power that resists. But what is that power that actually provides the resistance and the information, by which the information gathered from the environment is able to help the brain combat?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join