It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

People who are trying to find a higher understanding to life, admit that they don't HAVE an understanding to life. That's self honesty, they are honest with themselves and they have a certain humbleness and humility. But people who think they KNOW what life is and what existence is.....

...and push their 'knowledge' onto others as Truth, I avoid them like the plague.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Visitor2012 because: I asked a question as to if he ever had an OBE. But I'm no longer interested in the answer.

There is truth. If you avoid the truth, you will always be in confusion.

No one is telling you what your exact path is. But there is a means by which to do it.

For example, if you perform surgeries on people for a living, then there is a process to surgery in general. That is a fact. There is the testing, the diagnosis, the confirmation, then the preparation, involving planning and gathering the necessary tools, getting the proper help, and performing the procedure as per general surgical protocol. Then there is the talking with the (hopefully) family/friends, etc.

But if you're performing surgery on a toe, or a heart, or an ear, each surgery is different. And there are thousands of different kinds of surgeries that can be performed. And not every surgeon is going to perform every surgery, and most will only perform their type of surgery in their own way for most of their careers.

But, they all have a standard protocol.

It is this protocol to which I refer.

If your basic understanding is malfunctioning, everything you do will be in vain. Though you might gain for a while, you will ultimately lose track of all.

If a surgeon fails to leave sanitation out of his protocol, he will be okay for a while. But eventually, somebody's gonna get really sick.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Just stop it. This is a NICE thread and everyone has a right to their opinion.
That's all we have with this subject ... opinion. So ... stop with the name calling.

You're in utter denial. That's fine. You're welcome to that. But you accuse me of name calling and all I did is point out the facts, which you need no book, but to simply inspect any event outside of yourself, anywhere, to learn. But you called me stupid.

I will point out that this is another representation of hypocrisy.

If everyone's opinion is welcome, then why do you wish to halt me from discussion? I never told anyone to stop.

Hypocrisy.

If you are so blind as to not be able to clearly see these little things, then how could you expect to see grand life as it is?

The word hypocrite means "actor" or "pretender".

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Hey ya jiggerj!

Okay ... since we don't know for sure then that opinion is as good as any other.
Kinda sucky though .. isn't it? All this suffering in an organic body and nothing to show for it.
What a waste ....

So you'll only understand that logic if it is given by someone that hates what is good instead of someone who loves what is good. Got it. Got your number. As I said before, JiggerJ is too honest to stay on his side. If he lives, he will be coming around. Wait and see. As honest as he is, when he does come around, he's not going to have too much pride getting in the way of speaking the other direction. Bonus.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is the longest life we know and is indistinguishable, in our perception, from eternity since it is impossible to imagine the future without ourself in it. From our point of reference, a day is one day of many. To a fruit fly the end of day one is probably middle age. But, to them, it is likely perceived as an eternity.

When was the conscious last day you never actually woke up from sleep?
What do you recall being before you were alive in this life?
How can a human say there is possibly a better life than that of a human? We can eat nearly anything, we can trip out on stuff or trip over the grand canyon wall.

I think this is the best possible life *I KNOW*.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

( I say this as I'm dealing with a summer flu .. and not to gross you out but my tongue is ulcered to the point of being raw ... so someone tell me what higher purpose any of this can possible provide??? I'm not seeing it).

It's your tongue. Don't you get it yet. It's very simple. Fix your words.

If you don't believe me, then try fixing your words for a day. Watch what happens.

God rewards both the good and evil for their good deeds, and punishes the good and evil for their bad deeds.
He allows the good to die and suffer and the evil to thrive, and sometimes vice versa as well. His judgment is impeccable and without respect to persons.

So no need for you to be oh so bothered with any conversion. Try something that makes sense and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Unfortunately purpose, reason and truth is subjective therefore us, we and our do not apply. No matter how similar a group, community or world as a whole seems, under a microscope each is different. Purpose, reason and truths require a creating agent, without one it's all just meaningless chaos. I like to think circular rather than a linear. No start and finish point, just infinity. No absolute answer, just the next question. No beging and end only what was, what is and what will be.... holding true no matter how far back or forward one could look.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is why babies that can't do any action at all still get sick and die. It's not because they committed some sinful action. It's because they're in the state of sin and therefore separated from God's power and they're in a state they weren't designed to operate in.

Not necessarily so.

When Jesus was asked, multiple times, about why people got sick or died, they asked, "What sin did they or their parents commit?" And He responded, "None at all. But so that the Son of God would be magnified."

Do you think that when Jesus was resurrected, we went back to the Old Testament? Or did not Jesus die for us for the New Testament? Therefore, we are living under His reign.

But also know, like I said before, but not me, but He said it before, God rewards the good and evil and punishes the good and evil. When Job was punished, his family was eviscerated. It is for a purpose beyond our extremely limited comprehension. But I know the purpose of Job's suffering. Because honest people will always remember, even after reading about Jesus' suffering, people will still think of all Job went through (because it is to Job with whom people relate more closely) and they will think, "I could never survive that."

You judge the way the old Jews judged. Be careful of that sibling.

But at least you understand the meaning. And that is the point. Much love and grace to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No one knows ... so there are no right or wrong answers. Based on your thoughts and experiences and learning .. what is the purpose of us (our real selves .. our spiritual consciousness) being stuck in these human bodies?

Is there no purpose at all? We are what we are? No reason at all? No God? No spirit?

Does the fact that we are in these human bodies that get sick and break down evidence that they are not 'intelligently designed?

Or do we have a creator-god who is really cruel? A dead beat dad who enjoys watching us suffer?

Or is our 'creator' really other organic life forms (aliens) ... but if so then still the question remains why did the ultimate creator (god) put our spiritual essence into these human bodies?

Or is the fact that we are in frail human bodies evidence of an intelligent designer putting us in organic bodies to learn higher spiritual lessons? LIke compassion? Like suffering with the world so we know we are all together somehow? Broken bodies are an opportunity for others to step in and help which is good karma and helps us develop spiritually, etc etc?

Or is it something else altogether???

That's what I'd like to know your opinion on .... If there is a higher being that has created humanity, why do you think He decided to stick our spiritual essence into these fallible and sickly organic bodies that are so very limited and that suffer and die? Was He being cruel? and uncaring? Was He thinking we would grow spiritually from the experience? Or are just what we are for no reason ... there is no 'what purpose' to answer?

I don't have the answer. I'm asking the question. What do you think?
Anyone's answer is as good as anyone else's.
So please ... share what you think. I'd LOVE to hear it!

Where here because we are and it couldbe no other way we didnt really have a choice in the matter. As far as why we our here well i suppose where here to live our lives to the best of our abilities and hopefully learn something along the way. As for if there is a God i believe thats up to each individual i believe to a large extent we make our own truths and by extension our own realities.

PS flyer you never disappoint

edit on 8/24/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

.. what is the purpose of us (our real selves .. our spiritual consciousness) being stuck in these human bodies?

To experience pain and struggle? Apologies if that's already been theorized here

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think we chose this bodily experience and that it will all make sense after death. We are limited to our 5 senses therefore I believe we can't truly understand our purpose.

In my opinion I think we are light choosing to manifest in a "fallen state" to better understand dark. We are the yin consciousness trying to understand yang consciousness. Think of it this way, creation can only create and destruction can only destroy yet we humans have the free will to choose between the two. We are truly amazing beings when you really think about it.

I actually have a question for you guys. We know that when light goes out there is darkness, but what is there when darkness goes out? Twist your minds around that one.

edit on 25-8-2013 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2013 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Its late, but.......it seems to me the ....human body is a whole universe of organisms of varying mico macro scopics
We are composed of a heap of independent beings bugs and enzymes etc....

To the person who thinks, therefore is.....from whence do those thoughts spring?
Do they not run like a news screen crawler willy nilly through your conscious attention span 24 /7 whether you pay attention or not?
Think your own thoughts implys you know what they will be before you think them.....because you consciously direct yourself to think them......
But that's not how it works.....thinking is like seeing with your eyes, only inside your head.

ie....no conscious control there.....passive reception....so where DO thoughts come from?

edit on 25-8-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

It has to do with "The Senses"
It is an "Experience" Thing.

You only get one shot at it,
so aim right and don't let anyone bull# you.
S&F
edit on 25-8-2013 by Wildmanimal because: truth

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
what's the point of wondering about the point?

all theory and no action, and the old crazy fools at the top of pole still run it all..

just jump in and have fun, try to learn as much as you can, and help as many people you come across who need it you can, that's the point i chose for being in this human body..

"your life is yours to create" -existentialism
edit on 25-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I am to be and to be is being. So I am a being by being

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
On "what is the purpose of us being in a human body?"

In asking this question you are providing the answer. We are living breathing purposes.

edit on 25-8-2013 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
it is one of the higher forms a being incarnates as on the path to becoming a buddha .. all forms are to teach lessons along the path ..

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I would say, although we are "imperfect" - life, existence, and the universe in general, is pretty amazing.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I've always had a soft spot for one of the gnostic notions (or direct experience allegedly) that a mad god who thinks he's the creator has created this flawed massy mess and we have forgotten our free spirit roots and been mind wiped to dance the creation dance for his amusement, cased in meat suits... to roughly paraphrase.

And/or the Gaea being that is the earth needs "hands" to create tech and someday spawn on other rocks in the sterile cosmos, so made us (and the vessels were promptly filled by bored spirits in eternity) to eventually sail off and create other Gaea beings across the universe... of course.

And there's the McKenna spin on this where the being prodding us to develop higher tech are shroomy fungus spores, for the same reproductive travel purposes, but that doesn't address souls, though.

The notion we incarnate to learn is old and has some logic to it, and the thought we are property of old "gods" who feed off fear and hate has some twisted logic, too, unfortunately, as well as eons of human history to back it up... in fact, in light of undeniable UFO sightings, being the property of higher beings seems to make some sense (as Fort and others have suggested)... why they would keep us around is the uncomfortable, speculative part... and perhaps feeding off emotion or watching bad melodrama answers that.

If such is the case, the reasons are probably incomprehensible to us, though. But all in all, random chemical reactions without souls is just another guess and goes against much evidence and experience of spirit. In all cases, our plight as humans in this world is strange... a future holographic game or historical simulation would also explain some of the odd things that happen, too.

Maybe we are, after all, souly chess pieces in a game between a good god and a bad god... winner take all, though the game is rigged because one of the players is omniscient... and a cheat!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

The reason I use digital gaming for examples is because of the whole "as above, so below". We are the "below" in comparison to the other side but digital games are the "below" in comparison to us. There are a whole lot of parallels to spirituality and digital simulations and person can see it once they get past the stigmas.

I kinda agree with the idea. From my point of view there is even a leveling system to the characters we play.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join