It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Eviscerates Media: Thrill Kill of White Athlete Is ‘Trayvon Martin in Reverse, Only

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

40 murders a day..why this one special?..never in all my years have i heard any president give condolences on the murders that happen on a daily basis..show me were this has been any sitting presidents policy
no offence to the victim and his family

edit on 22-8-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

and there is certainly [color=amber]no doubt they will be charged and will [color=amber]serve some time in prison.
so you say but i'd ponder quite the opposite.
i'd even go so far as to suggest they won't be charged as 'adults'.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
A friend of mine's sister, age 22, was shot in the back of the head by a gang member "for fun" -- her 5 year old was in the car with her, they were getting out with groceries. Officially he was never found, though his 'accessory' friend I believe was. The horror this caused so many people and every holiday for decades is so unmeasurable.

I think part of the problem in our country is that we run a legal system like we're all five years olds -- like murder is always the same thing. Oh yeah unless it's a hate crime (can it be a hate crime) which seems to be invoked regardless of whether it IS an only whether the race is visibly different.

Murdering someone you think might kill you or seriously harm you is self defense.
Murdering someone who breaks into your house is self defense.
Murdering someone who did you or someone you love horrifically wrong is premeditated murder but sometimes the circumstance actually give some legal leeway for this (really).
Murdering someone by genuine accident is a horrible tragedy but an accident. Stuff happens.
Murdering someone by negligent accident like drunk driving is still murder.
Murdering someone FOR FUN reflects someone so completely screwed up in the head that if I believed in the death penalty, this would be where I'd apply it. Since I don't (not actually because I don't believe in it but because I don't believe our system has the competence to address it correctly and justly), then I think such people should pretty much be institutionalized on medication for life -- or perhaps better, sold as indentured servants to any country that wants them.

There is really nothing more heinous than someone who murders another person for glee.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

never in all my years have i heard any president give condolences on the murders that happen on a daily basis
sorry you missed the dog and pony show
over baby-face Martin.
google it, there's plenty.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod
reply to post by Honor93

40 murders a day..why this one special?..never in all my years have i heard any president give condolences on the murders that happen on a daily basis..show me were this has been any sitting presidents policy
no offence to the victim and his family

This would have been perfect timing for the President to make the statement... "I just want everyone to know that if I had a son he would have looked just like one of these three killers.."

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

It relates because:when a white man kills a black man,it gets made much of-but when a black man kills a white man(for sheets+giggles even,like in this case)-it seems to be of no consequence,just one of those things.Same as in my country-thousands upon thousands of white farmers,business owners,elderly people,people in every walk of life has been murdered by black hijackers,robbers,burglars,tsotsis in general-sometimes in the most hair raising grotesque ways-but if you speak out about it,you're either ignored or branded a racist.But if a white person had to kill a black burglar breaking in,the white home owner is up for murder.If a white person here had to kill a black for fun-it would be all over the papers,the news on TV,etc globally.Reason you don't hear of it is because whites here know better,they don't go around killing blacks-99% of violent crime+murder in my country are commited by black men.Think im racist?do some research for yourselves.The truth does'nt make you a racist-it makes you a teller of the truth.
Don't believe me? Whoever don't-do some research,google black on white crime South Africa.Or white farmers genocide south africa.Or car hijacking victims south africa,

There was a case some years ago where a pregnant woman got shot through her pregnant belly-and the child survived-another search string to follow up on if anyone's interested.
We here in South Africa has accepted that "white" lives seem to count for nothing.There by you,you are now starting to see.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo+add

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

so youre refering to 1 controversial case out of thousands of murders..so from there on obama or whoever should give statements about the murders of that day..i still dont understand what this case has to do with or how it correlates with martin/zimmerman..again i ask why is this case so special that i deserves special attention..there was controversy in the martin case..should obummer have gotten involved..no, and no specific reason to be involved in this
to be clear im no obama supporter and he should NOT of gotten involved with the martin case

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by neo96

The killing of the athlete is not comparable to the Trayvon case. Why? Because these three boys were immediately arrested and will appear in court, and there is certainly no doubt they will be charged and will serve some time in prison. Zimmerman? released the very same night by police without charge, Trayvon had not even been identified when they released Zimmerman. So no, this is just another desperate attempt to compare apples to oranges and you know better.

We all agree they are going to jail, but what you seem to not understand is you don't normally go to jail for killing in self defense. Zimmerman went to jail for being labeled a white trigger happy cop want-a-be that killed a 17 year old black kid presented by all media outlets by a picture of a 13 year old.

Once Zimmerman was found guilty in the eyes of the media, a hand full of black leaders, AND the President's direct involvement the pressure was there to arrested him with full knowledge that they had nothing on him but self defense. Zimmerman isn't even white nor does he identify himself as white but the word white guy killing a black kid was used in every case. While in this case it is hard to find any reference to the killers other than "teens" when they are basically black criminals that just happen to also be teens.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
2 black kids and one white kid

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod, and no specific reason to be involved in this
to be clear im no obama supporter and he should NOT of gotten involved with the martin

That is the whole point here...why did nationwide media, all the prominent black leadership, and even the President get involved to the point that they ALL painted Zimmerman as a murderer and not a person who used self defense and painted a 17 year old black male well on his way to a life time of criminal activity as a 13 year old looking innocent kid?

Now after this huge Martin circus we have this case and we see and hear nothing....nothing. Where is the media screaming how bad the black killers are, where are the prominent black leaders on their soap boxes preaching about this case, AND might as well throw the President in the mix too since he thought the Martin case was so important that he needed a news conference to give his point of view to all Americans.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by vonclod, and no specific reason to be involved in this
to be clear im no obama supporter and he should NOT of gotten involved with the martin

That is the whole point here...why did nationwide media, all the prominent black leadership, and even the President get involved to the point that they ALL painted Zimmerman as a murderer and not a person who used self defense and painted a 17 year old black male well on his way to a life time of criminal activity as a 13 year old looking innocent kid?

Now after this huge Martin circus we have this case and we see and hear nothing....nothing. Where is the media screaming how bad the black killers are, where are the prominent black leaders on their soap boxes preaching about this case, AND might as well throw the President in the mix too since he thought the Martin case was so important that he needed a news conference to give his point of view to all Americans.

the difference is it was unclear what happened in the martin case and it seemed no real investigation..zimmerman was released..there were questions and those with agendas used the media to whip it up..obama is just stupid..thats the power of the media
in this case the 2 black teens and one white teen were caught pretty quick and charged..oh they confessed so its pretty black and white..no games to be played here..but other people with agendas will try and bend things to their benefit..no difference really
its all bullsh#t..read between the lines/lies

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

no, i responded to your nonsense comment about "never in all your years" ... so, just how young are you ?

no one said anything about daily murders except you.
however, i'm sure i can pull quote after quote about many tourists who have been attacked or killed during this administration, why should this death be any less acknowledged ?

how it correlates ?? who said it does? not i.

i'm more disturbed by the Mona Nelson case and lack of media coverage ... no so surprisingly, Obama and Co were counting crickets then too.
(however, they weren't guests in this country either)

[can you imagine the media circus if Mona was white and the child black?]

there was no obvious controvesy in the TM/GZ case until Sharpton and Co got on board ... where are they now ???

funny thing though, all the whining and posturing for more than a year didn't convict the alleged criminal, did it ?

just like now, these kids will not be criminalized, they'll be presented as victims of society and the economy, just watch and see.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by neo96

The Right Wing doesn't seem to understand the controversy in the Martin case...an unarmed kid was shot dead and the guy who did it walked away. That isn't the case with this.

An unarmed jogger was shot dead and the guys who did it drove away... not the same?

ETA - Not to mention one of the kids charged with murder (just like Zimmerman was), has been exposed as a racist with his tweets.

So, I guess your right, this isn't the same, Zimmerman was accused of being a racist through ginned up media, while James Edwards, in his own words, admitted hating white people. We have a potentially real case of racially motivated murder, and the media doesn't want to get involved.

Zimmerman was a racist with ZERO evidence, while these kids are just 'misled' and culturally deprived while the evidence of racism is plain as day.

You're right though, nothing to see here, move along...

What you're failing to see here is that the 'Right' is actually upset about the glaringly obvious lack of consistency in the Media and the Government, no one is politicizing this on the Left, because it is a loser for them.
edit on 8/22/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not in any way claiming that my opinion is the only one that matters here. My point is that the facts matter, and on these both Rush Limbaugh and you are wrong. If you seriously think this case is the mirror image of the Martin/Zimmerman case -- or "the Trayvon Martin case in reverse", then that shows how skewed your view is.

Once again:

In the Martin/Zimmerman case, the shooter was not arrested, and the murder victim was given a toxicology exam -- as if the victim was drunk or high and so precipitated the attack. There would not have been an investigation of Zimmerman, if there hadn't been much national outrage concerning the matter. This was the case of a white/latino adult stalking a black teenager and in the end of the altercation shooting dead said teenager. To make it worse, the police didn't even notify Martin's father until some time the next day, even though they had the dead teenager's cell phone and could have contacted him through that.

This current case is about two blacks and one white/Caucasian teenagers stalking and dry-gulching a Caucasian Australian. The three suspects were soon after arrested and I imagine they have already been charged with murder. Were the three suspects or at least the two black suspects let go, and the dead murder victim given a toxicology exam? If not, then there is little similarity between these two cases. This is not my opinion, this is stating the obvious.

As to the criticism of the president not voicing his opinion on this case or even being aware of it, I again fail to see the double standard. How many murder are there everyday in the US? A hundred or so? Does one expect every case to be commented on by the national media and the president -- or even just all the most outrageous ones? I certainly don't.

The president spoke out regarding the Trayvon Martin shooting because it appeared to be such a miscarriage of justice -- particularly when it appeared that there was no real investigation of the shooting going on, which lead to the ensuing outcry about it.

In this case three punks (a racially mixed group) killed someone out of boredom. They were soon arrested. The news media has reported on it -- even at the national level. What more needs to be said about it at this point? Moreover, why should the president speak out about it at this point? Has there been such egregious miscarriage of justice in this case -- like it could be argued occurred initially in the Martin case, when Zimmerman was not being treated as a criminal suspect?

To claim this case is the Martin/Zimmerman case in reverse is false in so many respects. And to claim the media and the president are spinning this case differently because of the racial make-up of the suspects and the victim is purely opinion based, and is an effort to disparage the MSM and the President -- both of which I am usually not a defender of -- for purely political gain. And the OP is doing it as well, to wit:

"Rush Limbaugh Eviscerates Media." One doesn't eviscerate anyone or any entity by making trumped-up and specious claims about it.

As to the particulars of the media response, this recent case happened last Friday, so we are now five days into it, and there has been national coverage, and folks like yourself and Rush Limbaugh are already expressing outrage at the difference in coverage between these two cases. Well, you know what? You and the former Oxycotin addict and talk show host should be outraged, but for the exact opposite reason: this case is getting far more media coverage and sooner than the Trayvon Martin slaying did:

For about 10 days, the (Trayvon Martin) story remained obscure. Television news from nearby Orlando aired a few segments. The Orlando Sentinel published two brief articles, and the twice-weekly Sanford Herald ran 213 words. Otherwise, there was media silence. This is an account of what happened before everyone knew Trayvon Martin's name.

Early Reuters story on the Trayvon Martin case

I suggest people read this story in order to better remember how the Martin case played out initially. One thing that definitely didn't hapen was Rush Limbaugh eviscerating the media for taking so long to even start following the Trayvon Martin case.

Obama first spoke about the Trayvon Martin case on March 22 or 23, 2012, over three weeks after Martin's murder, and about a week and a half after the case received national attention, so perhaps Rush, you and others should wait another couple of weeks before even contemplating that Obama might comment on this recent Oklahoma case.

Once again, you're trying to portray this matter in a very biased manner while conveniently neglecting to actually compare the facts of the matter.

edit on 22-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

As to the criticism of the president not voicing his opinion on this case or even being aware of it, I again fail to see the double standard. How many murder are there everyday in the US? A hundred or so? Does one expect every case to be commented on by the national media and the president -- or even just all the most outrageous ones? I certainly don't.

He shouldn't address the murder rates of places like Chicago and DC? A majority of these crimes are Black on Black crime. Where is the daily outrage? He has a "Peace Prize". He cant make "peace" between gangs? He cant allocate the DOJ on this? He cant say "if I had a son, he would look like a victim killed on a Saturday in the streets of Chicago?"

Why dont you hold this man to a higher standard? The same standards he wants you to believe he has? The same standards he expounds every time he needs to create controversy? Seems you are all right with his silence. Sad.

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
The president spoke out regarding the Trayvon Martin shooting because it appeared to be such a miscarriage of justice

He also had beers with a Black guy and a White LEO. Was that a "miscarriage of justice"? Seems he doesn't have a problem getting involved when it comes down to minorities. Well, there's minorities involved in this case too.

Right?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

im well past 40, my daily murders comment related to your question(i believe) of why obama or the wh hadnt made a statement..why should he this case is cut and dry..and being that there is no controversy here imho, i questioned why he would comment on this case if he didnt make statements on all other murders..yes he got involved in the martin case and should of stayed out of it..i dont really know of any others that he has got involved in?
i guess he could give condolences to the family being the victim was a visitor to the country.
i hope the little pukes get all they deserve

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

i didn't ask such a question so it didn't, but, you are free to think otherwise.
i'm well aware of the 'why', no need to ask.

like i said, the man (obama) has -0- diplomacy skills as he has demonstrated that repeatedly for nearly 6yrs now.

this case is not so 'cut and dry' as the victim isn't an American or doesn't that hold any weight with you ?

dont really know of any others that he has got involved in
so, his opening Beer Summit doesn't ring any bells for you eh?

oh, so you guess he could ??

i guess he could give condolences to the family being the victim was a visitor to the country
well, i suppose that's better than

wtf is obama supposed to comment on
so, we agree ?

ETA -- because you said you weren't aware of Obama 'offering condolences' for random deaths/murders, i thought i'd help bring you up to speed

so, here's a few, all from separate incidents and none about that other case and there are plenty more, so do tell, why shouldn't he make an official statement ?

www.usatoday.com...
news.yahoo.com...
blogs.wsj.com...
www.theguardian.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
grumpyelder.com...
www.reuters.com...
globalgrind.com...
offthebench.nbcsports.com...

edit on 22-8-2013 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You and others don't seem to get it: Obama spoke out about the unsettling lack of investigation in the Trayvon Martin case because the local police and DA weren't investigating Zimmerman and had essentially dropped the case. In other words he spoke out because a miscarriage of justice was occurring: an unarmed black teenager had been shot to death by some cop wannabe with a history of run-ins with the law, and the creep wasn't even being investigated for a possible crime.

In the case that is the point of this thread -- as in lots of black-on-black violence -- have their been any accusations of miscarriages of justice, that self-acknowledged adult shooters and killers of minors are being let off scott free? There are none that I am aware of, but feel free to inform me of any that you know about. In addition, Obama tried to do re-inact some past gun control laws that were allowed to lapse under Bush II, but we all saw how that was fought tooth and nail, primarily by the Republicans and the NRA. Are you aware of US crime statistics? The murder rate is down to levels from 50 years ago. Yet you fault the president for not doing more about crime, in particular black-on-black violence, which in reality is more of a case of poor-on-poor violence, which the economy has a lot to do with, as well as educational opportunities.

Obama just signed some executive order that is to help black youth get better educational opportunities, and a bunch of ATSer's were complaining about that, claiming the order was to stop disciplining black kids in school. In addition, Obama has spoken out about how black men need to take more responsibilty for their communities, so he has indirectly spoken about black-on-black violence. Admittedly, he hasn't done a whole lot for the economy, but again he has a hostile Republican congress that he has had to fight for any and all economic stimulus bills, and now we have this sequester that is only hurting the economy.

But you know, this isn't the point of this thread. I addressed the primary premises of this thread, yet, for example, you then bring up this point about Obama. Why? Let's keep to the point of this thread and compare the facts of the Martin/Zimmerman case and this Chris Lane case in OK, and the media coverage of both events, including how soon the two stories each received national coverage, and then let's ascertain if Rush Limbaugh's claims -- and those of the OP and his supporters in this thread -- hold water that this more recent case is the Martin/Zimmerman case in reverse, and that relatively speaking this more recent case has gotten less coverage than the former one.

First and foremost, I haven't heard anyone claiming that the police or DA in the OK case are letting the ball drop in the investigation of this recent shooting. If the facts are otherwise, please let us all know. The outrage in the Martin case only occurred a couple weeks after the actual killing and only because of the poor way the authorities were handling it and essentially not conducting a criminal investigation. And once again, there was very little coverage of the Martin case for the first 10 days after it. Here we are only five days after this killing in OK, and hit has made national coverage with just about all news media, and there are already threads about it here at ATS, and Rush Limbaugh and other White Entitlement types are raising cain that yet more hasn't been made of it.

The fact that so much as already been made of it -- a case that appears very cut and dry with the perpetrators being prosecuted straight away, and a case in which the White Entitlement folks are mischaracterizing the case by claiming all the assailants are black, which has been shown to be patently false accusation -- so quickly relative to how slowly the Martin/Zimmerman case became known, and yet the White Entitlement crowd are bellowing in indignation shows just what a racial double standard we still have in this country -- and I don't mean the kind of reverse discrimination that Rush Limbaugh and his crypto-racist fellow travelers are decrying.

We have a case where three punks - two black and one white -- killed a white college student, and have confessed to the crime, and are evidently being prosecuted and kept in jail, and still people are bringing up President Obama and somehow blaming him for not dealing with this case. I would say I don't get it, but I do: it all has to do with the color of his skin.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is no way a reverse Trayvon Martin .. that's laughable at best..

These are three teens who admit straight up they were bored so decided to kill someone, and also admitted they planned to kill someone else later that day before they were caught..

Rush can suck it .. he lost all relevance years ago

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by peck420

White guy kills black kid = media uproar and huge debates. The POTUS even made statements...

3 black kids kill white guy = hardly any coverage, no statement from the POTUS...

Yah! 3 black kids get bored and kill an innocent white guy!

hmmmm...What's wrong with this picture

ATS amazes me every day...Deny Ignorance anyone?
edit on 22-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join