It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Eviscerates Media: Thrill Kill of White Athlete Is ‘Trayvon Martin in Reverse, Only

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh went after the mainstream media over its shallow coverage of the racial details in the Oklahoma shooting of student Chris Lane “for the fun of it.” On his radio show Wednesday, he said the case is like “Trayvon Martin in reverse, only worse.”

“This is nowhere near self-defense…this was cold-blooded, first-degree, recreational, for the fun of it because they were bored, murder,” Limbaugh said.

T hrill Kill ? or Overkill ?

White house 'not familiar' with the murder of Chris Lane

Who wil Obama Identify with this time ?

Yeah well this is political madness part deux with the Martin,Zimmerman trial fresh in everyone's mind while both sides are spinning this to their advantage let us not forget Chris Lane is no longer among us.

The thread is more about the politics being played as they were previously played never letting a 'good crisis'-tragedy going to waste.

Time to get off this ride, and say a prayer for one lost, and other one for souls to be found.

So say I.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I fail to see how those two cases relate?

2nd.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
I fail to see how those two cases relate?

2nd.

Really ?

If I had a son he look like..... ?

The endless media circus around the trial ?

A foreign visitor gets murdered, and they have nothing to say ?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

White guy kills black kid = media uproar and huge debates. The POTUS even made statements...

3 black kids kill white guy = hardly any coverage, no statement from the POTUS...

A whole bunch of people protested in support of Trayvon by wearing hoodies. I don't see a bunch of people out jogging.

It's two murders where the people involved were from two different racial groups. One murder got HUGE exposure, the other not so much.

link   
First of all it's a horrible tragedy and a disgusting crime but it seems the only similarity is that it was a crime in which the victim and perpetrator were different races. The three teens have been arrested and charged.

link   
Peck seriously? You fail to see how they are related?
The ONLY difference is one white guy was involved with two Afro-Americans in the ruthless killing, so the Afro-American community get's a free "Race Card" on this.
THIS is not about race, it's about kids killing for fun. Which is wrong.
If 3 white kids killed an Afro American for FUN? How about 2 Whites and one black?
We'd have more trouble on your hands then you could shake a stick at.
THAT'S the point.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

They relate because the Trayvon case pissed people off and they see a chance to get revenge across the headlines at the very least.

To hell with the fact Oklahoma is NOT what you'd call "racially peaceful" in the best of times and NO ONE needs this crap fired up just for publicity and political points. Oklahoma isn't Florida. People could get hurt or killed if this goes BIG like Florida did on any level.

Check the Race relations history of Tulsa...about 100 miles from where this happened and a bit of a drive from where I'm sitting. This is the wrong wrong wrong case to be trying to make hay with. Shame on Rush and anyone else trying to stir this up.

In my opinion, when it comes to stirring trouble? If you don't LIVE there to suffer the aftermath? Well... please don't.

It is only my humble opinion.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A basic formula for media reporting;

Caucasian shooter with a legally owned firearm- report 24/7

Anyone with an illegally obtained firearm- crickets

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Martin in reverse?? What kind of brainless idiot would even believe it the same thing in reverse? These kids killed for fun to see someone die, not in ANY perceived self defense.

“This is nowhere near self-defense…this was cold-blooded, first-degree, recreational, for the fun of it because they were bored, murder,” Limbaugh said.

Well, DUH. That's why they were charged with murder. And they ADMITTED to doing it because they wanted to see someone die, and for the fun of it. His argument collapses because, wait for it—they already admitted as much.

These three youths who killed this young athlete HAVE been charged and WILL (likely) pay the price, so what's the deal? Leave it to Limbaugh to make an issue where there is none, and where there is no relevance to the Martin case. But hey, that's what he does. He wants his rating, so he'll make it an issue others won't, and if others do he'll take the opposing side.

Are you implying that the media *should* give relentless sickening coverage to this crime, simply because they did with the Zimmerman/Martin crime, which is completely unrelated? I see they media beating crimes into the ground far too often (the most recent with the GA school shooting: the local media has been running it into the ground so much that it's sickening and unnerving). And I agree that the media pay undeserving and sickeningly continuous coverage to a large number or crimes. But what does the one have to do with the other?

I guess according to RL the media should blow every single white/black, black/white crime into a frenzy simply because they paid so much attention the the aforementioned (Martin) case. And that it's NOT anywhere NEAR "Martin in reverse," well:

I really don't see the point in this thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

That is how Zimmeran was potrayed in the media, and here ?

We have the real deal.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The only people "playing politics" with this are the Republicans and those on the Right.

No one is defending the three punks that shot Lane, they were promptly arrested and hopefully will be convicted and spend their life in jail.

The Right Wing doesn't seem to understand the controversy in the Martin case...an unarmed kid was shot dead and the guy who did it walked away. That isn't the case with this.

The Right Wing keeps talking about the "race card"...but look who is playing it!!!

No one is defending the three kids who committed this crime...on the other hand, Zimmerman was the Right Wings hero for killing a black kid...and yet you still don't seem to get it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I was just thinking the same thing. This could get ugly there quick if the media grabbed and ran with it.

"Time to bust out the crossbows boys"

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by peck420

White guy kills black kid = media uproar and huge debates. The POTUS even made statements...

3 black kids kill white guy = hardly any coverage, no statement from the POTUS...

A whole bunch of people protested in support of Trayvon by wearing hoodies. I don't see a bunch of people out jogging.

It's two murders where the people involved were from two different racial groups. One murder got HUGE exposure, the other not so much.

Do you really think that is why the Martin/Zimmerman trial was national news?

The MAIN difference between these two cases is this:

Zimmerman/Martin: Man shoots and kills unarmed kid, gets away with it.
Lane Shooting: Three kids shoots and kills an unarmed kid, charged with murder and will be convicted.

That is the difference.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by neo96

The only people "playing politics" with this are the Republicans and those on the Right.

No one is defending the three punks that shot Lane, they were promptly arrested and hopefully will be convicted and spend their life in jail.

The Right Wing doesn't seem to understand the controversy in the Martin case...an unarmed kid was shot dead and the guy who did it walked away. That isn't the case with this.

The Right Wing keeps talking about the "race card"...but look who is playing it!!!

No one is defending the three kids who committed this crime...on the other hand, Zimmerman was the Right Wings hero for killing a black kid...and yet you still don't seem to get it.

And in the Trevon case the only ones playing politics were the left wing liberals.

Both sides are guilty of using tragedy to score votes and sway public opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

In the OKC case it's even worse because it WASNT supposedly "self defense" -- it was for "fun".

So yes, they will go to jail -- but the crime IMO is more sickening.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Thank you for not reading the OP,

Much appreciated.

The thread is more about the politics being played as they were previously played never letting a 'good crisis'-tragedy going to waste.

And:

Time to get off this ride, and say a prayer for one lost, and other one for souls to be found.

As always some on ATS just love to misrepresent opinions for some odd reason.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

In the OKC case it's even worse because it WASNT supposedly "self defense" -- it was for "fun".

So yes, they will go to jail -- but the crime IMO is more sickening.

I think you are missing the point.

With the Trayvon Martin case, there was a valid discussion to be had.

Should we allow someone with a conceled carry license to initiate/provoke and altercation, and then shoot and kill the person when things aren't going their way? Should we allow someone to shoot an unarmed person if they "think" they are in danger?

These are valid discussion, whatever your opinion is on them, they are valid discussions.

There is no valid discussion in the Lane case. Three horrible individuals committed a horrible crime and they should go to jail over it. End of story. Unless you want to play the race card, and then it isn't end of story.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I read the OP, and it is you playing politics with a kids murder.

Or are your Obama bashing links an accident?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't care about the political issues concerning this crime.

If they are found guilty of murder. I want to see them dance at the end of a rope. All three and in public.

Our justice system is screwed up. It doesn't really punish criminals anymore.
edit on 21-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If you guys are so desperate for a public outcry...logout, and go create public outcry. You may have some difficulty garnering support though, the suspects are already arrested.

I keep seeing people complain about the Sharpton's...well, go be the white community's Sharpton.

You want the President's support, go create enough voter unrest to interest the vultures (politicians).

I am choosing to not participate in the race baiting game any more, whether the bait comes from the crazies or the President, and let's be frank, the only thing these cases do have in common, is the race bait oppurtunity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join