It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Eviscerates Media: Thrill Kill of White Athlete Is ‘Trayvon Martin in Reverse, Only

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

So...by ignoring the race issue, you are inadvertently promoting it? Do I have that right?

Ignoring a problem does not make it go away.

And besides, as soon as someone takes up the issues that you propose, they'll immediately be labeled a racist.
edit on 21-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Trayvon Martin case surely had more substance to it - stand your ground etc etc.

This seems open and shut - mindless barbarity. No debate

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
A foreign visitor gets murdered, and they have nothing to say ?

I have seen no "absence" of reporting in the MSM

Eg BBC
CNN
Fox News
ABC News has multiple articles from the last 2 days.

How is this "nothing to say"??!!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by neo96

The Trayvon Martin case surely had more substance to it - stand your ground etc etc.

Stand your ground had nothing to do with Zimmerman martin trial.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

A foreign visitor gets murdered, and they have nothing to say ?

I have seen no "absence" of reporting in the MSM

Eg BBC
CNN
Fox News
ABC News has multiple articles from the last 2 days.

How is this "nothing to say"??!!

Miss the link with the white house saying Chris who ?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
used to be blacks where minorities and whites got away with murder.

THere was a study that said, I believe by 2030, whites will be minorities.....

shoe on the other foot

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Was it not a talking point raised in the media coverage during the course of the trial ?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Was it not a talking point raised in the media coverage during the course of the trial ?

Yep one that had no basis in reality or was used even by the defense.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

White guy kills black kid = media uproar and huge debates. The POTUS even made statements...

Um, George Zimmerman is a Hispanic.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by peck420

So...by ignoring the race issue, you are inadvertently promoting it? Do I have that right?

Ignoring a problem does not make it go away.

And besides, as soon as someone takes up the issues that you propose, they'll immediately be labeled a racist.
edit on 21-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

Oh look...more 'woe is me and my race' instead of actually doing something.

You want the circus, go be the ring master.

Plain and simple

You didn't see Sharpton or Jackson stop any of the many, many times they have been labelled a racist, have you?

I am getting pretty sick and tired of white guys bitching about how 'bad things are', but not one willing to actually stand up and do something. Seriously! IF things are that bad, do something about it.

FFS, this threads are making me pretty freaking ashamed of my white side...

And for the record, I didn't tell you (or anybody else) to ignore, I said that I will be ignoring it. I told everybody else to stop feeding it...which is how you get rid of most vermin (rats, trolls, etc.), so it should work for race baiters.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

no - how is that relevant to the alleged lack of coverage by the MEDIA?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Guess the WHITE HOUSE stopped watch news few weeks back.

THAT WAS THE POINT.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

The race debate has to be talked about. Not fed sugars though.

Sharpton and Jackson are only so much longer for this earth and I don't see anyone in the wings. With the exception of a few MSNBC talking heads and they don't seem to have any traction.

I do agree with you…I think. This should be about criminals and innocent victims. Not race.

And regardless of race, if they are found guilty, I think they should hang by the neck, until dead…dead…dead.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by peck420

White guy kills black kid = media uproar and huge debates. The POTUS even made statements...

3 black kids kill white guy = hardly any coverage, no statement from the POTUS...

A whole bunch of people protested in support of Trayvon by wearing hoodies. I don't see a bunch of people out jogging.

It's two murders where the people involved were from two different racial groups. One murder got HUGE exposure, the other not so much.

It's not three black guys that killed a white guy. It was two black guys and one white guy -- apparently all buddies -- who killed a white guy.

Here's an article with an image on a video that shows the suspects:

Australian Herald Sun

Also unlike in the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case, the shooters in this case are being treated as perps/criminals immediately after the crime. In the Martin/Zimmerman case, the dead teenager was treated as a criminal, because only he -- not Zimmerman -- was given a toxicology test, and Zimmerman was not held in police custody as a suspect in the commission of a crime, i.e. muder.

On of the main reasons the Martin/Zimmerman case caused such outrage is because the shooter was initially let go, scott-free, and there appeared to be no criminal investigation of Zimmerman. Only because of national outrage was an investigation made and case case brought against Zimmerman.

In the case at hand, it was a racially mixed group that did the killing, and they are being treated immediately as suspects in the crime, i.e. murder. So no, this is not the Trayvon Martin case in reverse. Conservative pundits and hoi polloi alike, including ATS members, who claim otherwise are either (a) plain ignorant, (b) willfully ignorant or (c) completely disingenuous -- not a pretty set of choices, but it is what it is.

Please tell me if I got something wrong here. If not, then all of you crying reverse racial discrimination are all wet on this one.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: Added a link

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
A basic formula for media reporting;

Caucasian shooter with a legally owned firearm- report 24/7

Anyone with an illegally obtained firearm- crickets

So why is this case being reported across the media then? I've heard/read about it from any number of sources, including a Huff Po story on it from yesterday.

People seem to be so itching to claim a racial double standard, that they jump at any chance to make one, even when the facts manifestly contradict it. But at least this shows us who all the crypto racists are -- both in the media, and on online boards like this one.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So now that I have demonstrably shown that this thread is based completely on false premises, and that Rush Limbaugh has been shown to either be a irresponsible, ignorant political pundit or an odious mendacious one, can we all agree that threads should not be based on anything Limbaugh says?

And what of the OP and those who back his argument in this thread? Apparently they didn't bother to do any checking themselves to see if Limbaugh's claims about the race of the three attackers in this case were true, nor can they apparently see the stark differences between this and the Martin/Zimmerman case, which I laid out in an earlier comment. And apparently they intentionally stay blinded to other news media reporting on this case, so that they can claim that the MSM hasn't reported on this case. Will they now post a comment to acknowledge their pre-conceived notions causing them to jump to assumptions in this case? I'm waiting to see 'em...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You have to start going all the way back to the history of America, not just the years since the civil rights act, or as some would like to paint or since the 60's, the lie that equality and equal treatment of blacks became instantaneous, the hard fact and truth is if you continue to approach the race problem from modern times and continue to not mention the lynchings, the murder and senseless what amounts to thrill killing perpetrated by whites on blacks who had absolutely no way to address or get justice for instead of sweeping it under the rug and hoping that most people forget that any of that happened over a very long period of time.

That is a subliminal ugly chapter that people keep sticking their heads in the sand and only arriving at the conclusion that the race issue is only something new and we have always had an equal playing field, you get these conservatives that completely ignore these atrocities that were commonplace and actually a cultural norm in America for hundreds of years before the relatively lately addressing of civil rights, do you really think that the passage of a mere 40 years of government ordered legislation to equalize the races will completely make the playing field even compared to the hundreds of years right here in America? where blacks unfortunately were only considered property, women forcibly raped, killed, lynched hunted down by mobs for such things as talking back to a white person, whistling at, like Emmit Till purportedly did or even having relations with white women.

Yes we need to move on but that history unfortunately is still a part of a many closed door conversation, you still have people running down and chaining blacks to pickup trucks within the last decade and assaulting them or killing them for the color of their skin, so I think that when you use numbers, you do not want to start using a scorecard of who did who the most wrongs to who we know who is at the top of the scorecard with blood on their hands by a huge margin, but clearly the blacks in America have not historically been the aggressors towards white people, but this is the picture that is attempted to be painted, it is not the truth.

Sure anyone killing anyone is wrong, but I think a lot of people that get so bent out of shape because the press isn't covering these incidents like the Trayvon Martin case, I would hope that they could also handle the fact that no one talks about the many blacks strung up on trees, by mobs and entire towns of whites that got no coverage, justice, retribution or apology, there should be no statute of limitation on cold blooded murder, do we forgive and forget? why certainly, do these facts and the past give an excuse to murder and kill others? of course not, it's just that black people do get sick of the picture people try to paint that is not fully accurate or that people will not face the past and actually admit it does have an adverse affect on the future if not properly addressed and talked about in the public forum, the injustice waged against blacks in America is unequaled on scale of anyone except the American Indian genocide, again many people only consider what they see now when they decide to make a huge fuss about a racial incident of blacks against whites and suddenly flip the truth of who really is hands down if you want to use a race card the historical, violent bullies of other ethnic groups.
edit on 21-8-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

So now that I have demonstrably shown that this thread is based completely on false premises, and that Rush Limbaugh has been shown to either be a irresponsible, ignorant political pundit or an odious mendacious one, can we all agree that threads should not be based on anything Limbaugh says?

Not really for an odd reason seem to think your opinion is the only one that matters here, a trend I have noticed as of late of course ad hominem attacks like the above pretty much negates any point that was trying to be made.

And what of the OP and those who back his argument in this thread? Apparently they didn't bother to do any checking themselves to see if Limbaugh's claims about the race of the three attackers in this case were true, nor can they apparently see the stark differences between this and the Martin/Zimmerman case, which I laid out in an earlier comment. And apparently they intentionally stay blinded to other news media reporting on this case, so that they can claim that the MSM hasn't reported on this case. Will they now post a comment to acknowledge their pre-conceived notions causing them to jump to assumptions in this case? I'm waiting to see 'em...

What of the op ?

Didn't read it ?

Failed the comprehension of those last comments ?

Time to get off this ride, and say a prayer for one lost, and other one for souls to be found.

Rather clear what that means Yes ?

People are entitled to their opinions as are You no need to make mountains out of sink holes.

Opinions have been stated let the readers decide for themselves or just want to go around telling people what to think ?

Might want to turn down the superiority complex a notch or two some friendly advice.

edit on 21-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'm more surprised the White House didn't stage a "gun debate" on this story.

BTW.......

Where were the Parents?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join