It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Facts About The Ongoing Fukushima Nuclear Holocaust That Are Almost Too Horrifying To Believe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

And what does the malfunction of a radiation monitor in a nuclear power station in Washington state have to do with Fukushima?

edit on 20-8-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Right now on Tuesday nite in Texas......the Japanese stock market is falling over the news release of the leak....
edit on 20-8-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Where do you think the rain water comes from when it rains? Heaven?

The gov't will keep upping the "acceptable" radiation levels in our water and our milk, until they can't hide it anymore - and people are dying.

That's their plan.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

It was a rhetorical question. Guess the people investing in pharmaceuticals will be making a killing in a few years.
Maybe i should hop on board.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Having worked in the nuclear field, I can say with confidence that an accident such as Fukushima is epic or biblical in proportion as mentioned. The nasties that result from normal operation and remain resident in the fuel cells are very dangerous to say the least if not controlled. The advantage of TEPCO is that the plants are next to the ocean and the residue is flowing into the water, which is a nice convenient shield for neutron, beta, and gamma radiation. But this is only a publicity convenience. In this respect, the event is minimalized. However, the latent effects are unimaginable. The half life of some of the isotopes that result from fission can be quite long and a lot of this stuff will no doubt float around in the ocean and wreak havoc, not to mention those which decay to gaseous elements and de-aerate from seawater and migrate to populated areas.

It's bad. It's really bad.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

So is any seafood safe to eat? I cannot seem to find an answer.
I had followed the Fukushima thread from the beginning up until a year ago
& had to void it due to anxiety (not from the thread just in general) so it was
not helping me situation. THX!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

can you give us more info on the situation? We need a full blown briefing!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

How much continues to leak into the Pacific Ocean over the next 20 years is just guesses. At Chernobyl, the radioactive dust settled on the surface of the land--just fractions of an inch in depth. A larger quantity of radioactive pollutants at Fukushima will enter the ocean that is miles deep.

If the oceans are instrumental in the ecosystem functioning then am i to assume that by killing off whats in the ocean, we all die? I have hear it time and time again, without sea life the food chain would be seriously effected.

Certainly there will be an effect.
However, consider this:
Uranium concentration in seawater has been shown to be consistent in various locations around the world, even at depths up to 5000 feet, at 3 parts per billion (ppb). With a total of 1.3 × 10^22 liters of seawater in the oceans, we can approximate a supply of 4 billion tons of uranium in the ocean. This can be compared to current estimates of only 20 million tons of uranium reserves on land.
The total mass of radioactive material at Fukushima was likely on the order of equivalence to 100 tons of Uranium. If spread evenly throughout the Oceans of the world, it would barely be measurable. Of course it won't be evenly distributed, and the ocean near Japan will definitely be noticeably effected at some point. Probably a substantial portion of Pacific seafood will have measurable radiation for a decade or two. But not an ELE at this point, IMO.
edit on 20-8-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by Thorneblood

My problems is that all the good bits are strewn around. A thread that long needs to be cleaned up. There are too many people asking questions and speaking their mind that the important info gets pushed to the back.

I guess im just not a fan of threads that go on for hundreds of pages.

I agree with you. Threads like that are just too long and not many of us have the time to read through all those pages. Whenever important information is posted, it should be started as a new thread and then all the different threads should be logged in its own forum. Certain subjects deserve their own forum and I think Fukshima fits the bill.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
To understand the ramifications of what is happening now, one needs to revisit the disaster:
  • The Fukushima-Daichi Nuclear Plant was constructed to withstand a 8.0 magnitude quake, based on historical earthquake records. Understand that this does not mean it will operate normally during such an event, but that it will safely shut down. Nuclear power plants do not operate by injecting fuel; they will, if not throttled, melt down from an uncontrolled chain reaction. The control rods must be fully inserted to shut them down.

• The earthquake in March 2011 was a magnitude 9.0, much greater than the magnitude 8.0 the plant was designed to handle. Had records been checked beyond the arbitrary time span set, it would have been discovered that the plant should have been built to magnitude 9.0 or better levels. Still, the plant apparently went into shutdown mode (scrammed) successfully.

• The earthquake destroyed the transmission lines connecting the plant to the power grid. When this happens, there is no power coming in from outside to perform the shutdown, so all plants have two backups: diesel generators which can supply necessary power indefinitely as long as they have fuel, and batteries which can supply power for a few hours in case the diesel generators fail. If the batteries are ever used, it is a red flag to get some power in there NOW.

• The tsunami contaminated the diesel fuel, causing the diesel generators to shut down in the middle of the scram. At this point, the plant was shutting down on battery power only.

• Portable generators were brought in to maintain power; it appeared at the time to me that there was a problem with the connectors on the plant and the connectors on the generators mating, and the installation crews had to wait for instructions on how to proceed.

• The plant did experience a total power failure at one point until the portable generators could be installed.

• It was discovered that a cooling pump had failed and this was causing the fuel to melt down faster than normal. It is quite possible that the failure occurred because of damage sustained, but only became apparent when the pumps shut off due to a lack of power and then failed to start back.

• At some point, a decision was made to start pumping water directly into the reactor cores. Understand that the Fukushima-Daichi Plant did not use pressurized water reactors (PWR) but rather the less safe boiling water reactor (BWR) design. This meant that the reactor was already exposed to water circulating in the main lines, whereas in a PWR design the reactor water never leaves the reactor building containment. This meant that any break in the main steam lines was a direct break into highly-radioactive water.

• The heat from the reactors began to cause the spent fuel rods stored atop the reactors to become exposed to air as the boronated water covering them boiled away. This left them just as radioactive as the cores.

• At least three cores melted down completely and buried themselves in the bedrock under Fukushima-Daichi.

• The cooling attempts caused superheated, radioactive steam to rise from the cores while they were melting down, creating a cloud of high-intensity radiation over Fukushima-Daichi.

• The cores at some point made contact with the oceans, allowing the water to cool them back to a solid form. They did not stop reacting, however... nothing can stop that once they have melted into a solid mass. They will continue reacting for many many decades.

The radiation is not in Japan... it is escaping in two different venues. The airborne radiation has been carried away from the island by prevailing winds, and the vast majority of the radiation has precipitated out over the Pacific Ocean. The leak (which has actually been happening for at least two years now) is putting radioactive elements into the ocean water and currents are moving it away from Japan toward the Northern Pacific.

What will happen is that the life in the affected area of the Pacific Ocean will either adapt to survive despite the high radiation levels, or it will die. We will probably lose several species in that area while others will adapt (and we have already probably lost what we will lose). The amount of radiation reaching the United States is minimal and I doubt we will see anything really noticeable over it.

Japan's biggest concern is their fishing industry, which supplies a major part of their diet. If the fish are from an area which has been contaminated, they are eating radioactive food with heavy metals in it. That, if it happens, will create a nightmarish future for the Japanese people, as they will begin experiencing severe rises in cancer rates and sickness.

There is absolutely nothing that can be done at this point. Nothing. What has happened has happened and the process that leads to the radiation cannot be stopped by any means known to science. What is, is, and I see no sense worrying about it.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Japan to raise severity rating for Fukushima leaks to level 3

TOKYO, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Japan will raise the severity rating of a recent toxic water leak at the destroyed Fukushima nuclear plant to level 3, or "serious incident", on an international scale for radiological releases, underlining the deepening sense of crisis at the site.

Contaminated water with dangerously high levels of radiation is leaking from a storage tank at Fukushima, the plant's operator said on Tuesday, the most serious setback to date for the clean up of the worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl.
www.trust.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
www.lawfulpath.com...
Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars

Humanity is the enemy to the elite and they want all the resources for themselves, and maybe a few useful slaves.

1...Radiation atmospheric testing is an act of war on the citizens of this planet. They declared war, and we unable to even comprehend that such a cold and ruthless mind could exist, didn't understand.

2...Nuclear plants were a declaration of war on humanity. Again, we don't comprehend.

3...Flouride, and Poisons are a declaration of war and we're the enemy. Again, we don't comprehend.

4...Coexit, GMO, and all the poisons in everything, HAARP and weather wars, are all declaration of war on the enemy human. We still don't get it.

5....Vaccines, Medical, Biological Warfare are all acts of war.

6...Fukushima, is an all out nuclear war on the citizens of this planet. And its more than enough to do its job unless its stopped. They're just waiting and playing at distractions, crashing economies, harming people here and there for sport and distraction.

Its truly hard to see the forest for the trees and comprehend the extent of pure evil involved and what we have in office, running for office, in media, in corporate seats, and in power behind the scenes.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
While their stooges and scientists find them solutions, ie radiation eating bacteria, pollution eating bacteria, reverse sine, and cancer cures, transhumanism, prolonged lifespans genetically. A tantalizing array of things quickly buried, not used in this disaster....because the only time they intend to use them is after the waiting is over and we're gone.

Its up to US to wake up our communities and get a movement so angry and in their faces that they can't ignore it.

But they have declared war, so it will then depend on the will of those who serve them, as to how they would deal with us.

Do any of them have a heart?
edit on 20-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I heard they are going to try and freeze the ground around the plant to stop the leaks - an ice wall if you will. Not sure how they are going to do that but that's the idea they came up with.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Awesome post redneck! Thanks for the great information.

I have a question. If the fish can be contaminated with the radioactive metals in the ocean. Wouldn't one assume because fish eat other fish, that the radioactive material will spread throughout the oceanic food chain?

I can see this effecting a whole lot more than just fish in the coastal waters off japan.

If this isn't an ELE event its certainly a harsh blow.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Yes, the radiation will spread out from the primary contamination site(s), but MuzzleBreak is completely correct above: the farther it spreads, the less dangerous it is. "The only solution for pollution is dilution," to quote a phrase.

The initial cloud of contaminated air above the plant did waft across the US shortly after the disaster and did bring with it some elevated levels, but that atmospheric leak has lessened to a great degree and we will probably not see any future atmospheric readings spiking. The oceans are resilient, and will absorb this radiation. It was a disaster, it is disconcerting, but it is not, I repeat NOT an ELE by any means.

Even if it were, we can't do anything about it now. That's why I finally stopped posting in the main thread. Nothing more to do but let the future happen on this, and there are things I can affect to concern myself with.

TheRedneck

edit on 8/20/2013 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

That will be something to see... freezing the ground around a mass of reacting enriched uranium that is producing heat out of control. Might as well try to freeze a couple pounds of dynamite in the middle of an explosion.

Then again, I don't doubt TEPCO will try it. They have been playing bonehead since the first shovel of dirt was dug up to build the thing.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Damn, can i as what your experience is without you revealing to much? Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Wow, thanks for taking the time to post that.

I heard what Shane Smith had to say about it and now i am hearing more and more main stream articles about it as well, very scary.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Despite how serious of an issue Fukushima is the reality is that we can do nothing about it. Live your life and live it well, for it is short, even when it is long.

I know this will kill a ton of people and that I may have a greater chance of getting cancer than not, but again, since there is nothing I can do about it, why worry.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join