It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops are legalized gangs...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
reply to post by missvicky

I find it funny that when we point out the obvious, the first reaction from the boot lickers and the cops on here is "well, what do you want...no cops?".

Did we say that? No. What we want is for the so called "good guys" to weed out the bad ones and stop rehiring them down the line. What we want is some kind of retribution for when a bad cop goes bad. Not just a plush cushy desk job or vacation for a month til it blows over. What we want is for Internal Affairs to do their damn job.

Get it coppers? Is that too much to ask or is it "all or nothing"?

edit on 20-8-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

What I get sick of is the guys that post on a thread like this: "I'm a good cop and I can tell you the bad ones are only about 10% of the force" or something to that effect. Well I don't know that anyone has seen or experienced that ratio, especially as the amount of posts exposing Cop Behavior on ATS. Well, my question to those Cops that post those rebuttals, is , if it's only about 10%, why isn't the 90% controlling it? I have had too many experiences in my life to see Police as a gang, and I have always lived in small towns!
If a Cop were to ask me " what do you want? No Cops?" My answer would be "Yes. No organized police force because they can't be trusted. Let Street Justice bring it to a Judge that is too afraid of NOT being JUST".

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It takes a criminal mind to be a really good cop, so with that I have noticed only by appearance, because it is not good to judge on stereotypes, the number of cops that actually look like thugs, have more tatoos all over their neck, their arms and everything, seem to be a bit more menacing and rude, ever asked a cop for directions or anything ? they will give you a very bad vibe like, what are you talking to or asking me anything for attitude, throw away that old image of the clean cut, looking like a fresh recruit out of bootcamp cops.

I know someone that was a cop, then became a hardcore criminal because he was caught selling guns and drugs from busts, so I do agree that cops really nowadays especially if you live around any urban or city setting seem to act just like the very criminals they are supposed to be executing the law upon in lots of cases and honestly I do not think it is an isolated small percentage either.

As far as a gang I am not sure if I go that far but law enforcement just like anything else needs checks and balances, needs to weed out the bad seeds and get rid of the bad elements, what is needed is community oversight of police, since our taxes pay for their services, also get rid of internal affairs, there is no need to have it and then break down that blue code crap, this is what creates the gang or cliche mentality and I think Police would be better off, there should be no us, them when it comes to our public servants even if they are law enforcement.

edit on 20-8-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Cops are legalized gangs...
Water is wet; Ice is cold; The Sun is hot; and Birds can fly......

[align=center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=FFF129]All the people I know, they wanna be left alone
Some people! I don’t know? They won’t to leave you alone
I guess you gotta be just... be just like them

Now the biggest gang I know, they call the Government
And a gang is a weapon that you trade your mind for
You gotta be just... be just like them[/font][/align]
[align=center][color=757575]Jane's Addiction Oct 25, 1990[/align]

[align=center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=FFF129]Ya know the Gang and the Government
are no different

The Gang and the Government
are no different

The Gang and the Government
They're no different!

It makes me 1%

It makes me Only 1%

It makes me 1%[/font][/align]

edit on 8/20/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You said a lot there, OP. While I acknowledge we’re slowly allowing our country to become a police state, your generalization about “all cops” being “trigger-happy, steroid abusers, who will jump at the first chance to illegally assault, taze, or shoot, you” is a bit overboard and doesn’t help your argument any.

Who do you suggest enforce the laws of this nation if not police? We certainly can’t police ourselves….though I wish we could. Unfortunately there are far too many among us wholly incapable of even the slightest measure of good judgment and/or behavior.

the cops that aren't crooked protect the ones that are, so where's the difference to you? and yes we can police ourselves, we've done it for thousands of years, read a book now and again.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Well you can't change human nature. There will always be bad people in the world and that obviously includes police departments. Sometimes bad people slip through the cracks of the hiring process, sometimes cops go rogue after being hired. Just like some teachers go bad or any other person in any other career.

My point is even if an officer goes rouge and the department does their job by arresting/firing the officer, what's to stop another bad one from slipping through the cracks of the hiring process? What's to stop that cop that has been honest and good his entire career and then suddenly goes bad? Tell me how do you stop human nature?

You guys act like if all the bad cops were arrested today there would never be a bad cop again. That is never going to be the case. Just like you will never see 100% of the population obeying the law. You will never see 100% of priests not molesting a child. You will never see 100% of teachers not molesting a child. You will never see 100% of lawyers being honest.

Also the people that make these blanket negative statements about police share some of the guilt at driving the wedge between the public and the police, as are the bad police.

I am a good cop and have always been one. I have never witnessed any injustices committed by anyone I work with. I constantly speak out about bad cops. I work in a high school and routinely teach the students about what their God given and constitutional rights are. I tell them when they don't have to obey an officers orders. I do things the right way and so do my coworkers.

Yet on a daily basis I am criticized, judged, deameaned and treated like dog feces just because I have a badge. See if I judged someone like the way I am judged, I would be called "corrupt" or "rogue" or "racist". But when people do it to me it is okay, because I am just a cop.

All the negative treatment I receive has made me no longer want to work in law enforcement. And I will tell you this, a majority of my coworkers feel the same way. We are all looking to get out even though we love or at one point loved our job.

So when you have nothing left but the true "rogue" cops, you can lay part of the blame on the people that just hate cops because who they are. The constant mental abuse we receive is not worth it.

That being said, I fully support the arrest and stripping of credentials of any officer that violates a citizens rights.
edit on 20-8-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Really? I am not corrupt. So please tell me how I have protected bad police?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Why don't these good cops take care of cleaning up the force of bad cops, since the good cops are such caring people and want to do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TorqueyThePig

Really? I am not corrupt.

I would bet you are not a cop...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Really? I am not corrupt. So please tell me how I have protected bad police?

you've never ever ever done absolutely anything wrong in your life? hell i met me an angel, never thought we had them on earth.

save it dude, i come from long line of cops and your smoke blowing expedition means little to me or the public.
although i would add it's certainly not the fault of any individual , this sick society we have found ourselves in, effects everyone and everyone should share in the blame.

never runs your lights because you were a little late for something.
that may seem funny to you and i, but when you think about the lives you risked just so you wont be late, yeah that's a crime dude.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Why don't these good cops take care of cleaning up the force of bad cops, since the good cops are such caring people and want to do the right thing.

wont ever happen buddy, trust me on that, it's a club (FOP) and you aren't invited. one thing you know when joining the club, never snitch on another club member or face dire consequences.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

wont ever happen buddy, trust me on that, it's a club (FOP) and you aren't invited. one thing you know when joining the club, never snitch on another club member or face dire consequences.

And they wonder why no one buys into 'I'm a good cop'. Maybe they mean I am not as corrupts as some of my co workers.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You guys act like if all the bad cops were arrested today there would never be a bad cop again.

Maybe not. But it would sure deter the other bad ones from being bad. No?

Or the alternative is what you guys do now.......which is nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

I'll definitely wait until I experience that type thing first hand, thank you very much.

until then I will continue to interact with, and treat all that I come into contact with, with the very same due respect I would anticipate myself.

I don't think you'll have long to wait to experience it first hand. Speaking generally, US cops are "pushing" right now and looking for pushback.

We've got police that have openly harassed civilians from aircraft. We've got police that love to sneak-n-peek and break things. One of our local cops actually built a bomb to set off in a nightclub. If you want a good view of what is happening, I suggest you use a news news aggregator and search on terms like:

1) police
2) sheriff
3) deputy
4) cop
5) similar terms

I was reading feeds from only several hundred US news sources and the aggregator was finding over a dozen cops a week being arrested for serious crimes - murder, rape, theft, etc. If you only knew how difficult it is to bring criminal charges against a cop, any cop, you would understand that the police crime rate is much, much higher than those statistics indicate. If I would have had direct access to the main news feeds, these numbers would have been much higher.

Seems I recall a few years back that a San Antonio cop actually raped a transvestite. At one time, there was also a permanent speed trap for revenue collection on the NE side of the city on the interstate.

edit on 20-8-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

We could ask Serpico I suppose. Even 40 years later, he is being called to testify for whistleblowers. The power of corruption is eternal and well-rooted anywhere you have more than a handful of cops in one place.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I never said I haven't done anything wrong in my LIFE. Along time before I was a cop I smoked a little marijuana, drank alcohol underage, did a little street racing and got into a few fights. That is the extent of it.

I have never done anything illegal or unconstitutional since I became a cop. I honestly could care less if you believe me. However you are accusing me of being corrupt so the burden of proof is on you.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

We do nothing?

www.kpho.com...

www.boston.com...

moon.patch.com...
www.commercialappeal.com...

Things are being done. Not every incident or video claiming an officer did something wrong is true. Sometimes bad people slip through the cracks. It happens in every aspect of life.

Even if every bad cop was arrested and fired, more bad ones will find their way in. That's life. But to say nothing is being done is a farce.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

If more good cops exposed the bad ones, the cycle in itself would slow down, public opinion would change. The less we see crimes against the citizens who pay your bills the less we will think of the police as dog feces. But when on a regular basis you see people rights abused everyday, because you have orders to keep the people, even law abiding ones down.

The attitude is going to continue to fester, when we see on mass the so called "good ones" standing up for those they took an oath to protect from being victims of crime maybe then you will get your respect. But you like me have the internet, you have a tv I am sure, your eyes work you are employed. Your blinders seem to be off, so I ask what's the problem? Because most LEO on here seem asleep because every time they reply they have never seen a thing.

Problem is it sounds like the same sort of testimony engrained to keep there brothers from ever facing justice as well. On the stand or on the internet your appeal will remain the same until as I said the so called "good ones" take back the system from the culture that has overtaken it, a culture of "Enforce and Imprison" no longer "To Serve and Protect" unless your a bank or a politician since police still do a great job protecting those interests and not a good job of enforcing and imprisoning though I digress.

The whole system, make up, and culture of the "Gang" needs to change before the public will change and trust them again is my opinion..

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

I have never done anything illegal or unconstitutional since I became a cop.

If you have looked the other way or ignored wrong doings by other police then you have.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

Maybe it's not that we don't see a thing, but it's the fact that the small percentage of cops that get arrested make for a better story then the cop that does something good. So of course you are going to see more negative media. How about broadcasting the positive we do? Did you here about when I stopped a student from pipe bombing my high school back in 2010? Did you hear about when I arrested the student who had a load 1911 and the intent to kill a student back in may of this year? Probably not.

I am sorry that it surprises you that I have never witnessed a corrupt cop at my agency. I am not saying there aren't any, I am simply saying that I haven't witnessed anything bad. If I did I would report it. I am sure the cop bashers don't believe me when I say that.

Also if I work in Florida there is not much I can do about a bad cop in Chicago. Alls I can do is speak out against it. I have written letters to an agency where I thought a cop should of been terminated for what he did.

I've also joined Oathkeepers. And like I said before, I educate the students at my high school on proper police procedure, constitutional rights and about situations where they don't have to obey law enforcement (consensual encounters etc). I do my part yet still get treated like feces for what others do. I, unlike these blanket cop bashers judge the individual by their character and actions, not an entire group. Yet I am still the one that is called prejiduce, or racist, or a red coat, or unconstituional.

So perhaps it is not me who has the blinders on.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Not that you will believe it but if you read my earlier post you would have known that I have never witnessed a fellow cop committ any kind of crime at my agency.

So it stands. I have NEVER protected a bad cop. I have NEVER lied for a bad cop. I have NEVER covered for a bad cop. Nor will I EVER do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join