It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detaining my partner: a failed attempt at intimidation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

So wouldn't that include at least a portion of ATS?

Let's see our blacklist!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
I came across some very interesting comments about this story...

As usual, the real dirt usually is hidden in some of the blog comments:

(Notice the obvious slander tactic: by calling Snowden’s documents as "Stolen")

External Content trimmed... please see the original post, or the Guardian article..

It's sheer harassment. Always has been, always will be. I'm just kind of surprised the UK has taken up the same vile practice, though I'm not sure why there's anything left in me that thinks they're not all playing out of the same playbook. www.theguardian.com...

edit on 18-8-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

Thanks for that expansion so much, this is smelly as Hell now. The World Government
or whatever else you'd like to call it is succeeding handsomely with the most repugnant
part of the Fifth Protocol. If you can't logically discredit somebody, financially destroy them
so they can't even defend themselves from your lies.
Justice no more, the people have unwittingly paid for their own chains... many times over.
edit on 18-8-2013 by derfreebie because: Success is sometimes fatal.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
With PIE (pre-internet encryption), the cloud is perfect safe. There is no need to ship documents on thumb drives. Since customs has become jerks about insisting on inspecting computers and such, many business persons (almost said men) just encrypt and upload before leaving foreign countries. I've even got my CPA doing this routinely. Greenwald certainly knows how to do this stuff; well at least now he does.

It wouldn't surprise me if whatever was on the thumb drives was a honeypot of sorts.
honey pot (just in case you don't know the term)

If the agents know what they are doing, they look at the thumb drive on air-gapped linux boxes. But it wouldn't surprise me if some government schmuck put a questionable thumb drive on a networked system and infected the network with a virus.

TNO

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Man, I would LOVE to see some guys like neo96, xuenchen or wrabbit respond to this.. How would THEY justify those acts of state-terrorism?

Neocon at its best, I think.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Other Thread on Topic

Wish Granted!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
How many time did they check her booby's for a booomb?
They were obviously quite FOND of her to keep her so long.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It was a guy, hence why it took so long.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is just typical of our UK govs. They (UK govs) are like guard dogs for the US.
We still have the police waiting for Mr. Assange outside an embassy in London.
When the US govs say "jump" the UK govs ask "how high?"
Good luck to all the journalists out there that still have some credibility & integrity.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

This is how correction officers treat inmates. They play all kinds of games. And here is the crux: There is not a damn thing you can do about it.

That is an insulated society. Free from ANY oversight. They have the inmates cordoned off. No one is looking over their shoulder and if they are, they are down with the abuse.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I guess this is what happens to peoples partners when you write about the NSA.

Standard scare tactic. "They" are just letting them know Big Brother is watching!

edit on 19-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This story is so disgusting I'm surprised it doesn't leave a trail of slime behind it!

The US (with support of the UK) government has shown itself to be nothing more than pathetic police-state thugs.

[profane imagery removed]

edit on 8/19/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: [profane imagery removed]

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
this poor guy was detained without them even reading him his MIRANDA rights? ! travesty!

but all jokes aside, this really is starting to become a sick joke. they keep on doing it and we keep on taking it, like we are in prison being gang raped... bend over... pick up the soap.
edit on 19-8-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

We dont have Miranda rights in the U.K im afraid.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is some seriously disturbed abuse of power. None of us are exempt from the possibility that we could be detained, for whatever reason they concoct.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
This is some seriously disturbed abuse of power. None of us are exempt from the possibility that we could be detained, for whatever reason they concoct.

No better method to instigate fear and to bring about total obedience. TPTB know it's abuse, they just don't care.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
All i can say....Illuminati

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

Absolutely.

The in-your-face nature of this act serves to kow everyone else, for fear it will happen to them or their loved ones if they stand against it.

Straight out of Orwell...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
At least he got a phone call.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
At least they cant say that they suspected a booby bomb!!
Maybe they suspected a dynamite pecker!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
about time we got some decent threads in here. This place was starting to look like a Fox media extension.
I see this as the start of the end for independent free speech for the media not sanctioned by the PTB.

I guess they are right on schedule.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join