It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logged out while typing my response

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why does ATS have this stupid auto log out feature every so often. I was finished hammering out a response only to click submit and notice I was auto logged out. Lost all my points. That's super annoying and I'll never be able to get my thunder back.

/rant
edit on 15-8-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
If you haven't learned by now to type out long threads in notepad or whatever else, it's honestly your fault if you lose your work.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Cookie Cutting

reply to post by FlySolo

How often are you being logged out? If it's often, it may be due to your browser not having cookies enabled for abovetopsecret.com. Without cookies, the software must repeatedly verify who you are, which is a major hassle.

The procedure for enabling cookies will depend on your browser (and, in some cases, add-ons), but unless you're on a public or nonsecure computer (such as in a library or Internet cafe), enabling them makes posting a lot easier. I only have to log back in about once a month or so from my home computer, for example.

As for losing posts, I know the pain, believe me. There are easy ways to avoid losing posts, however, such as hitting CTRL-A and CTRL-C to save a copy of the edit window's contents to your computer's clipboard before previewing or submitting a post (CTRL-V will paste it back). I do that, and use a separate text editor, which also allows me to use macros, spellchecker and other niceties.

It's a little extra work up front, but can save a lot of grief if something goes wrong, and I use a separate editor on all the discussion boards I frequent for that very reason.

Whatever the case, we definitely want you to be able to post without unnecessary pain, so please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

Now now, you can't blame me for this.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
If you haven't learned by now to type out long threads in notepad or whatever else, it's honestly your fault if you lose your work.

Why should we have to rely on this? Why can' t ATS just do a simple update.

Even on 4chan, You can return to the same page and copy and past previous text.

here on ATS. Every word you type has a percentage of just Going back a page on you and
Forcing you to rewrite.

Its a pretty big issue, I on several occasions have closed the ATS window simply because it decides to jump back a page.

I don't want to copy and past my entire rant. Nore should i have to. Many sites out there have this lock in feature where it will prompt you before leaving the page. ATS does non of these.

Also does not save text. Maybe they need the extra room or something? Why are people fighting these requests with such an uphill battle.

FYI, If ATS requires you to type in notepad rather than on the actual posting page itself that makes ATS rather primative don't you think?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

This isn't just ATS, this is all forums man. It's a basic forum rule: if you're typing up a long response, write in notepad first. I mean, honestly, this is forums 101 here.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
An absolute must have for anyone!!!!

Seriously

Lazurus Form Recovery

Notepad Shmotpad... this is what you need.
Peace, NRE.
edit on 19-8-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: fix link

new topics

top topics

join