It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low for the Tea Party

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

1) death pannels are overhyped rubbish made up by your media. They are no diffrent than the pannels medical insurance companys use to descide who gets treatment or not, infact nhs pannels are more leneint than alot of insurance companys plus if you get a no guesd what you can pay for private treatment guess you gotta let that anglophobia out as i dont see how this is relevent anyway.

Guess what? In America, if your insurance says no, you can pay for it yourself!!!!!!! That’s what makes it NOT a death panel (at least for now).

yeah doctors make mistakes but there are far more qualified than you or me in makeing such descions. Plus its why i said it should be a pannel of 3 that decide.
Follow the money. If I had a vested interest in diagnosing you with something I could charge you for…what would you do?

well no one may havereported your post hence why its there.
Or it wasn’t offensive or out of line??

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Someone needs to explain to me why the hell I have to talk about their nan who lives in the UK.

To justify the welfare complex in the US who already said they agree with it being too massive earlier in the thread which leaves me only to figure someone wants to troll and insult others for whatever reason.

I wish there was a ignore option for certain members i really do.

Hint stop hitting the reply tab.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sorry did you read what i said. I said in uk if the nhs say no you can pay for it your self too.
So its just like a insurance compnay sayinh no. We have private hospitals here in the uk. Again something you need to learn about abit before commenting on. Dont just go with what your dumbed down media tell you.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I continuously see these allusions to people living high on the hog with disability. You do realize that the average disability claim nets about seventeen grand a year. That is just above the poverty line for a family of two, and just below for a family of three.
Sounds good but when your girlfriend (or significant other) makes a decent living, that’s extra money. Couple that with the unemployment benefits, food stamps, etc……Not high on the hog but certainly more FREE MONEY THAN ANY ABLE-BODIED AMERICAN should collect without winning the lotto!!

Oh, and FTR - though I am currently in the process of getting disability ( four years and counting - thus proving it's not just something one signs up for and gets ) - I worked for well over thirty years with my diagnosis before my health finally deteriorated to the point where I no longer could work. In fact just leaving the house to go to the grocery store is an ordeal that sometimes takes days of build-up and work to manage.

These tales being told of late model luxury cars and frequently luxury vacations? I can't say that there might not be people who have figured out how to game the system... I can only say that my life is nothing like that at all. In fact I currently do not even own a car.

With that, I'm back out.

Some people deserve/need it for a legit reason….that’s what it’s for. I have no problem with that AT ALL!

You still didn’t answer the question I’ve turned on you 3 times now. Do you think PTSD from a car wreck is in keeping with the spirit of Jefferson’s idea?

I won’t ask again because obviously we both know the answer. It was a rhetorical question.

edit on 12-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I said its too massive i didnt say it needs stoping alltogeher. Reform is the word i used i believe.

If ayone is trolling is youeith your snide, arrogant and sarcastic responced to anyone that disagrees with you. And hence my attitude toyou.
edit on 12-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Could be you did suffer a life altering trauma and you managed to get over it. You worked through it. You suffered, but you emerged from the experience scarred perhaps, but not destroyed. Great for you. But not everyone can do that without help.

PTSD sufferers are stuck in their trauma and can not get through it alone. Perhaps yours should be the helping hand that reaches out to them. Let the strength that got your through your suffering, help someone else. They need to know how you got better.

The best thing about PTSD is that it is curable. The worst thing about is not being believed, once you summon the courage to ask for help.

PTSD is real. It takes real courage to admit you need help. But no disease can be cured, no problem can be solved unless we admit that it exists.

True post traumatic stress disorder sufferers deserve respect. It is awful to admit how awful it was. Worse, to admit that now, even though you were tough enough to survive the trauma, you can’t get over it. You can't pull what is left of yourself together, no matter how hard you try. Not by yourself.

Anyone with the courage to ask for that help, deserves it.

Is PTSD Real?

That help, comes with a PRICE.

I do see a lot of people willing to just "walk" over someone because they lack the empathy or sympathy most humans have.

No one is willing to address HOW to provide help for those in need.

Not just Charity. Not just friends and family. Where do these people get the help they need?

Serious question.................

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by seabag

Sorry did you read what i said. I said in uk if the nhs say no you can pay for it your self too.
So its just like a insurance compnay sayinh no. We have private hospitals here in the uk. Again something you need to learn about abit before commenting on. Dont just go with what your dumbed down media tell you.

I stand corrected.....

There are still death panels....but they can be avoided with the proper funding.

edit on 12-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You are caught up on the car accident aspect I think. If a person has PTSD and that PTSD prevents them from being able to function? Then, yes, I do think it applies to Jeffersons position. In this specific case the poster did not mention the physical injuries he/she might have sustained, which may well also be a factor.

In my case I was born with a congenital heart defect that led to a cardiac arrest, literally hundreds of inpatient hospitalizations, so many ER visits that I honestly couldn't venture a guess and four heart surgeries - three by catheter and one full open heart.

My case was a statistically rare one. The congenital defect I was born with is fairly common - but having problems like I did - well the odds are somewhere in the range of winning the lottery.

Given that, can I judge that a person who had a car wreck might not also have extensive mitigating factors as well? I was in a wreck in '96 where I was ejected from my car while going about 65 mph. I walked away with a couple of broken bones and an avulsed skull. That does not imply, at all, that everyone who is ejected from a car at 65 mph has suffered exactly the same injury as I have. Some might walk away with fewer injuries, others more... and some not at all.

Every situation is unique.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Not just Charity. Not just friends and family. Where do these people get the help they need?

Well…from you….the tax payer.

Unless you’re a vet; they get it from…..whoops….you.

My only point was people are getting it for BS! You know it…I know it…who doesn’t know someone on disability that isn’t disabled? Be honest!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well as i said no diffrent too the insurance death pannels really. Not your fault you dont get accurate reporting.

Anyway on topic i just think disabilty should be decided on by 3 doctors not by a microbiologist (me) a buissnesman (you) and whatever the hell neo does (seal clubber? Kitten drowner?
)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

the only 3 doctors that you need here are a head Dr. a back Dr and a good lawyer.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

My only point was people are getting it for BS! You know it…I know it…who doesn’t know someone on disability that isn’t disabled? Be honest!!!

Sure they are.

But.....

How do we fix it?

That is the question I asked.

ETA, Our current "fix" is broken. Our social programs are a farce. You cant add more investigators, cause that just builds into the Big Government aspect of it all. Really, what is the fix to the Millions who ARE walking around with mental problems?
edit on 12-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You are caught up on the car accident aspect I think. If a person has PTSD and that PTSD prevents them from being able to function? Then, yes, I do think it applies to Jeffersons position. In this specific case the poster did not mention the physical injuries he/she might have sustained, which may well also be a factor.

Well, where do they fit?

….poor, lame, impotent, blind, and other inhabitants of the county as are not able to maintain themselves.

Not able to maintain themselves?

Are you saying that the majority of the 150 million people in this country sucking the America teet REALLY can’t live without it? Or are you saying “we shouldn’t judge” and just give it to everyone with a prescription?

Do you know how many “doctors” write medical marijuana prescriptions for everything from headaches to depression?

Show of hands - Who doesn’t meet that criteria?

If people RATE disability they should get it....that's why it's there. You seem to be trying to justify all bogus cases with your case and that's not honest.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

the only 3 doctors that you need here are a head Dr. a back Dr and a good lawyer.

Well that why its broken. In the usa and UK

There should be 3 indipendant specilists. That way fewer fraudsters should get through.

Vigalantes who know little about medicine forming disability lynch mobs is not the way yo go.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

There should be 3 indipendant specilists. That way fewer fraudsters should get through.

Who is going to pay for that? Oh, that's right! ME!

You're just adding another person in the loop to get paid....nothing more.

When you offer free/easy money there are MANY takers, friend.

link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Vigalantes who know little about medicine forming disability lynch mobs is not the way yo go.

Proof please, other then a "hate letter" blamed on the Tea Party.

Thanks......

link   

If people RATE disability they should get it....that's why it's there. You seem to be trying to justify all bogus cases with your case and that's not honest.

To the contrary, I have stated many times that people do game the system and have said that the system desperately needs an overhaul.

What I am saying is that it is absolutely wrong to dismiss another persons potential disability simply out of a general feeling that a car wreck should not have caused PTSD.

My personal opinion is very strongly against the bogus cases... they are the reason I've had to fight for four years ( and counting ) to try and get some help.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

To the contrary, I have stated many times that people do game the system and have said that the system desperately needs an overhaul.
Fair enough!

What I am saying is that it is absolutely wrong to dismiss another persons potential disability simply out of a general feeling that a car wreck should not have caused PTSD.
Someone has to call BS….right? How does the fraud end if nobody cries foul?

My personal opinion is very strongly against the bogus cases... they are the reason I've had to fight for four years ( and counting ) to try and get some help.

Then you of all people should have a good BS detector!

You're like all of the LEGAL immigrants who wait in line while the illegals take their spot. I'd be ready to kill some scammers!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Who is going to pay for that? Oh, that's right! ME!

You're just adding another person in the loop to get paid....nothing more.

When you offer free/easy money there are MANY takers, friend.

I understand that.

Thing is you want help to get to the people thats needed.

But you want to get rid of the fakers.

We both want that. But how to do that?

Only way i can see that is if medical proffesionals come up with some solid guidlines and rules and a tribunal of proffesionals to enforce it. With strict penaltys for fraud.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

That's a damn shame too.

My opinion on it?

Overhaul. Case by case. Yes, it would take time, but I dont know any other way to fix it.

Having some sort of Emergency guidelines to help the most serious cases. People that cant wait.

Its so screwed up Heff...............

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join