It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low for the Tea Party

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So let me see if I understand your question Mr, Heff.

Does someone( combat veterans) have a better claim to social services provided by government at tax payer expense versus someone who has done nothing in service to this country ?

I say they do.

As all military servicemen do they actually have done something instead of the majority who just take and give nothing back( civilians).
edit on 12-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by CryHavoc

No, sorry. Uneducated people don't get to decide if I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from getting hit by a drunk driver. If they really want to take it out on someone, they are more than welcome to take it out on the drunk that hit me and caused the problem.

PTSD from a wreck!!

Ya, you deserve disability.

Problem identified!

So weredid you get your phycology degree from?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

As I stated, not all trauma causes PTSD.

Do the soldiers returning from Iraq with PTSD have a valid claim? Or is your collective view that these guys are just the wussies who couldn't cut it? After all other combat veterans return home totally fine. There are genetic and biological factors involved - not just shared experience. Some information that you might find educational.

I was there in 2003….I don’t have PTSD...at least I don't let it stop me from FEEDING MYSELF!! Your point was correct that not all trauma causes PTSD. My point is also correct that not every bad experience in one’s life rates disability pay...actually, most don't.....it's called LIFE HAPPENS.

You failed to answer my question. Do you think that was the spirit of Jefferson’s criteria (that you posted earlier)?

Just as being sad is not the same thing as being Bipolar - PTSD is different from just having lived through some bad stuff.
No, it’s how bad the experience affected you, what your mentality was before the event, what your mentality is about what you DESERVE, etc.

ETA: With that I bow out, rather than further derailing into this tangent. As for those who disbelieve that PTSD is legitimate? I earnestly suggest that you take a bit of time to thank God for the ability to have that perspective at some point. Those of us who do suffer from it would all much rather be in your shoes.
Amen! Peace!

edit on 12-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

I'm sure doctors tell there clients a lot of things, I mean they want to collect a steady check too.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

So weredid you get your phycology degree from?

I don’t have one….my degree is in business.

I do have a good BS meter though….I also have an aversion to being screwed over.

(my furry friend)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

So let me see if I understand your question Mr, Heff.

Does someone( combat veterans) have a better claim to social services provided by government at tax payer expense versus someone who has done nothing in service to this country ?

I say they do.

As all military servicemen do they actually have done something instead of the majority who just take and give nothing back( civilians).

Depends on ifdrafted or VOLUNTEERD.

Fact is if disabled everyone should get helped.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Depends on ifdrafted or VOLUNTEERD.

Fact is if disabled everyone should get helped.

The criteria must be steep though, otherwise we have the parasites we have today. I know a guy who gets disability for the loss of his child.

Look…..we all know that’s REAL PAIN…losing a child (and he got divorced).....but does that mean we need to subsidize his Vegas vacations (he goes once a year….son died in 2007).

That is the scam we have going on today! I call BULL SPIT!

edit on 12-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm sorry but if you see headlights coming at you when you close your eyes you are not disabled your just feeling sorry for yourself.

link   
reply to post by seabag

Then you have no right nor have I too judge ones mental illness.

Things like this are for Doctors and only doctor and oned in the correct feild to judge.

Hounding someone as a fake based on opinion especialy a mental illness is dangrous and reckless.

Thisis the problem with the OP letter. Whrn unqualified people start callimg the shots mistakes will be made.

Best solution is send a disability claimant to 3 relivent doctors with a needed2out of 3vote.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You do know there has not been draft in the US since Vietnam right?

You do know that the excessive fraud and abuses of the current system takes away 'help' from those truly in need right?

You do know that not all mental impairments classify as 'disability' right ?

And for the record my father because disabled back in 88 only slowed him down, but it sure the hell didn't stop him.

Bottom line 'disabled' is only a state of mind and a so called 'legitimate' excuse to get someone else's money.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

I'm sorry but if you see headlights coming at you when you close your eyes you are not disabled your just feeling sorry for yourself.

Are you a doctor? If no your opinion matter nothing.

Nor does mine that may or may not agree with you. I wont post it asits irrelvent and rightly so untill i get qualification in mental health.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

More rubbish from the rubbish dump.

Disabled is only a state of mind?

Yeah i will go tell that to my nan with the muscle wasting dease and cant get out of be 75% of the time

No not all disabled are unable towork. But alot are. I am classed as disabled but still work but im smart enough to know not all disabled peoole can.
And the only ones who should make that descion are qualified doctors.
edit on 12-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Then you have no right nor have I too judge ones mental illness.

WAIT A MINUTE! You have death panels in your UK “healthcare” system. Bureaucrats and administrators decide who lives and dies based on COST. Yet you’re throwing a fit on who gets disability benefits in America?

Things like this are for Doctors and only doctor and oned in the correct feild to judge.
Right! Because there is no fraud in the healthcare industry!

Do you mistake Doctors for saints?

Hounding someone as a fake based on opinion especialy a mental illness is dangrous and reckless.
We all come here with a thick skin. If you don’t want to get grilled, don’t open up. I don’t see my post pulled…..

Thisis the problem with the OP letter. Whrn unqualified people start callimg the shots mistakes will be made.
QUALIFIED people make a LOT of mistakes….just like the rest of us. I have a degree in business and almost a decade of experience yet you still don’t accept my posts on business. WHAT GIVES???
What does it take to become an expert??

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Its no opinion I know what a life changing accident can be like I have no use for my right leg other then a kick stand but yet i manage to wake up every morning do my chores/P.T work on my online biz and cook my wife dinner. I refuse to sit around felling sorry for myself just to collect a free check.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by neo96

More rubbish from the rubbish dump.

Disabled is only a state of mind?

Yeah i will go tell that to my nan with the muscle wasting dease and cant get out of be 75% of the time

No not all disabled are unable towork. But alot are.
And the only ones who should make that descion are qualified doctors.

Go right ahead tell your nan in the UK what an American said.

More rubbish ?

Like IGNORING this ?

You do know that the excessive fraud and abuses of the current system takes away 'help' from those truly in need right?

And this:

You do know that not all mental impairments classify as 'disability' right ?

And this:

And for the record my father because disabled back in 88 only slowed him down, but it sure the hell didn't stop him.

Which by the way is congestive heart failure you know that muscle that supplies o2 to the body ?

Have anything of substance ?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Or maybe he should nap off the clock?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I really eant to sleep but a few points.

1) death pannels are overhyped rubbish made up by your media. They are no diffrent than the pannels medical insurance companys use to descide who gets treatment or not, infact nhs pannels are more leneint than alot of insurance companys plus if you get a no guesd what you can pay for private treatment
guess you gotta let that anglophobia out as i dont see how this is relevent anyway.

2) yeah doctors make mistakes but there are far more qualified than you or me in makeing such descions. Plus its why i said it should be a pannel of 3 that decide.

3) well no one may havereported your post hence why its there.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I continuously see these allusions to people living high on the hog with disability. You do realize that the average disability claim nets about seventeen grand a year. That is just above the poverty line for a family of two, and just below for a family of three.

Hardly the life of Riley.

Oh, and FTR - though I am currently in the process of getting disability ( four years and counting - thus proving it's not just something one signs up for and gets ) - I worked for well over thirty years with my diagnosis before my health finally deteriorated to the point where I no longer could work. In fact just leaving the house to go to the grocery store is an ordeal that sometimes takes days of build-up and work to manage.

These tales being told of late model luxury cars and frequently luxury vacations? I can't say that there might not be people who have figured out how to game the system... I can only say that my life is nothing like that at all. In fact I currently do not even own a car.

With that, I'm back out.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Its no opinion I know what a life changing accident can be like I have no use for my right leg other then a kick stand but yet i manage to wake up every morning do my chores/P.T work on my online biz and cook my wife dinner. I refuse to sit around felling sorry for myself just to collect a free check.

WOW!

That's the spirit I'm talking about. Quitters are a dime a dozen!

thesaneone doesn't fall into that category!

Wake up, Americans! Do Work!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

More substance than you.

Im sorry please explain how someone who has no muscle control can work? Unlesd they get a job testiing beds

Yeah heart faliure great my grandad had that and worked too. You can be quite mobile until late stage.

I wish there was a ignore option for certain members i really do.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join