It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Sighting Filmed Over La Prairie Quebec, Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Looks pretty legit.

Not sure what it is, but IMO the people filming are having a genuine sighting of something they can't understand. If it's hoaxed, I'm pretty damn sure it's not by them.

Also interesting that it is not visible to the naked eye. It seems to flare up and be pretty bright so I'd think it should at least produce a glimmer in such a dark place. Maybe not though, maybe it's really far.

They're subtle Canadien accents are kind of funny.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like the user account for the OP's video has been terminated...
edit on 7-8-2013 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Tptb got there already

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Looks like at the bottom of page one there's another video of it posted.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Interesting footage gonna watch it on my tablet when I get home and get on the wifi. Even more interesting that the account has been terminated

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakehuman
On July 15, 2013 a surprised family notice a blobbing pulsating and exploding light in the sky, they get their high tech camera to record the object, when zooming into the object they are very surprised! A large shaped craft with a lot of plasma bursts of light is seen in very good detail, the recorder explains:

I was out on the balcony with family around 9:45pm June 15th, 2013 and we saw a strange glowing orb in the sky near the horizon where the sun had set earlier. As I zoomed in with my camera which is a Canon SX40HS with a 140 times zoom, I saw this orb changing colours and shape. You can hear myself and the rest of the family freaking out on what it is. The 2 lights on the left hand side are just lights on the side of the house across from us. Have never seen anything like this in my life.

edit on 7-8-2013 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

Lets see video is no longer there the Canon sx40sh does NOT have a 140x zoom it's 35x optical the rest is digital it's a bridge camera has a fairly small sensor so not that great for what they tried to do also using digital zoom really is a no no if you want good quality.

Just saw the link further down LOL autofocus at night when will people learn how to use the equipment they have.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The video does not even seem to be of the night sky. Just in my opinion it looks like they are filming something through the trees. Because you can actually see something(tree and tree branches) moving around in the wind which is causing the blinking or flickering light effect.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Hi all had a quick look at this video.

Right first I downloaded the video and loaded it into Adobe Lightroom I used that to boost the light level to an extreme level here are the images!

When they first look at the house lights opposite them

The little blob about a third in from right edge and halfway up is the lights they think is a ufo you can see the dark band across the image that will be tree line or hill line that light is BELOW that level.

Next image they move further over.

The light they are wanting is a little brighter BUT still below the tree/hill line !!!

A view of ligthroom screen showing the file name.

It's a pity there is no daylight shot to compare with.

A DSLR at night would be better and I wouldn't use auto focus at if trying to do that, he would have had a better image not using full zoom that would reduce the shake.

To give you an idea the sensor on the camera used is 1/2.3" which is second in from the right on the bottom row.

Most DSLR's have a sensor size APS-C which is second in from the right on the top row in the img below.

Larger sensor better noise levels in low light.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakehuman
On July 15, 2013 a surprised family notice a blobbing pulsating and exploding light in the sky, they get their high tech camera to record the object, when zooming into the object they are very surprised! A large shaped craft with a lot of plasma bursts of light is seen in very good detail, the recorder explains:

I was out on the balcony with family around 9:45pm June 15th, 2013 and we saw a strange glowing orb in the sky near the horizon where the sun had set earlier. As I zoomed in with my camera which is a Canon SX40HS with a 140 times zoom, I saw this orb changing colours and shape. You can hear myself and the rest of the family freaking out on what it is. The 2 lights on the left hand side are just lights on the side of the house across from us. Have never seen anything like this in my life.

edit on 7-8-2013 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

The video appears to have been removed from youtube, could you post a link?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Combine harvester through the trees or something. The folks are certainly genuine (-1 for not being able to use manual focus though!) but it doesn't take much to get this effect. The only thing that could probably give it any weight is the location of the light, if THEY deem it to be in a strange place. But yeah it's a light behind trees. Pretty natural occurrence

Removed because they probably realized it's a video of a tractor light behind trees or something and didn't want to look like fools...

ps Good work wmd_2008

edit on 7-8-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
Awesome footage!!

edit on 7-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

umm.. i like ufo videos as much as the next guy. but this video to me shows a campfire in the darkness shielded by trees/branches and maybe a couple ppl. wont bother commenting on the acting. night time but not a star in the sky? no zoom out for point of view?? sorry.. we've raised our standards for ufo videos these days. this just doesnt cut it for me.

edit: ok saw the zoom out at the end. still doesnt show anything. still not impressed. way too dark.
edit on 7-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
makes me think of a extreme closeup of a campfire through some trees

too bad so shaky~

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is some of the most interesting footage I have seen on ATS, and appears to be legit.

Any chance it could be LED's?
edit on 7-8-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
makes me think of a extreme closeup of a campfire through some trees

too bad so shaky~

the way it's shaking seems deliberate.

is there a bin anywhere on this site? lol

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
From 3:40 onwards you can clearly see people moving around the fire, possible hand in hand. As they move it reflects off of each person.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It looks like a campfire or something shining through a swaying tree to me. You can even see the outline of leaves as the tree sways back and forth.

I'm guessing a campfire up on a hill behind a tree in the distance.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
disregard..
edit on 7-8-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

About 8:00 minutes in the video, it looks like people walking around the campfire.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yup. So let's move on to something actually in the sky - this California sighting from July requires attention, ideas and rational explanations - www.abovetopsecret.com... !

edit on 7-8-2013 by markymint because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

WRONG. There's nothing clear about this video. The light is too far away to be seen by the naked eye and you're trying to feed us some crap about clearly seeing people holding hands around a campfire on a digital camera in near pitch darkness?

Think before you post, I'll show your ignorance absolutely no mercy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join