It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO To Launch Nationwide Investigation into Planned Parenthood

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So ok, skimmed the thread here. its laughable of course
"Investigate" (read: come up with some reason to defund) PP.
More war on women nonsense

Got the wingnuts suggesting to remove all forms of government help birth control..and of course welfare.

And then the right is wondering why their party is going the way of the Whigs. irrelevant and nonsense talk catering to the most fringe elements that drift off into some dream of Somolia.

I fully encourage the anarchists (pronounced: "Libertarian") to continue on their vocal insanity. Such people need to be marked and understood as the social luddites they truly are.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Not really, this is the same exact thing as when a right winger says "Why do you hate america?" whenever a liberal says anything political. This is just the other side doing it so it makes sense to some people.

"Oh, you have a problem with planned parenthood committing fraud? Why do you hate women?"

As long as there are enough stupid people to get distracted by the neon topics like abortion the money can continue to flow and go wherever the hell its going.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Got the wingnuts suggesting to remove all forms of government help birth control..and of course welfare.

No that's just all us 'wingnuts' listening to them tell us to 'Stay out of their wombs'.

Deal.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Not really, this is the same exact thing as when a right winger says "Why do you hate america?" whenever a liberal says anything political. This is just the other side doing it so it makes sense to some people.

"Oh, you have a problem with planned parenthood committing fraud? Why do you hate women?"

As long as there are enough stupid people to get distracted by the neon topics like abortion the money can continue to flow and go wherever the hell its going.

It would hold more weight if for the past what, 6 years they weren't targeting specifically that organization over and over from every angle they can possibly think of.
Bit like the KKK suddenly just wanting to investigate the NAACP's accounting because they are pretending they are worried about fraud.

Nobody is stupid enough to take them at their word about it being just about corruption. Consider this thread itself..even the wingnuts know its not (talking about how its just a whore's enabler clinic or whatnot.)
Gutter politics, gutter people, and no...the typical Joe American will eventually look at this, see its obvious glaring agenda, and dismiss the righties even further.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

No that's just all us 'wingnuts' listening to them tell us to 'Stay out of their wombs'.

Deal.

Prevention is preferred than a 18+ year bloodletting of the system. a condom is cheaper than welfare.
This is conservative.
You liberals that want to bring in as many government sucking bodies as possible drive me up the wall. Pay for their welfare yourself, or chip in so a poor person can get a pill. You can't stop the action, but you can minimize the consequence.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I am so glad these buffoons in Congress have finally decided to do something about the job situation, instead of obsessing over sticking things (like ultrasound probes) into vaginas, never-ending votes to repeal the ACA, and mindlessly screaming "Ben-gazzi!!!" Yes! Spend a fortune to Investigate something that has been legal for 40 years and that more than 50% of people think should remain legal. Does anyone think this is anything but an appeal to a rabidly fundamentalist base? And I was kidding about the jobs part. These wackaloons hate Obama so much, they will sabotage the economic security of American workers just to try and make him look bad.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Well intelligent people use logic and are not thrown off by who or why. Fraud is fraud and it shouldn't matter who is discovering what is going on, it does not make it right or change it.
But as long as stupid people get easily distracted by stupid left vs right debates nothing will ever change.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Prevention is preferred than a 18+ year bloodletting of the system. a condom is cheaper than welfare

Treating others like human beings and having faith they can control their 'animal' instincts, and it's none of their concern.

That is what it means to be liberal.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you all don't want to get knocked up do what my healthy wife and I do, it has worked for over 18 years and its free its called pulling out.Before anyone says one of us is broken we both get regular check ups and all is in working order.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Well intelligent people use logic and are not thrown off by who or why. Fraud is fraud and it shouldn't matter who is discovering what is going on, it does not make it right or change it.
But as long as stupid people get easily distracted by stupid left vs right debates nothing will ever change.

Its a debate that can be considered amongst the intellectuals.
Fantastic. that targets about 15% max of the population. the other 85% are average or below and will understand only one of two things on these actions
the Right is once again attacking women, boo
or the Right is finally stickin it to the whores. yay
Even this thread demonstrates such dynamics, and has polarized the low brows accordingly. As far as the intelligent debate, well, a truly intellectual debate would be, why focus on corruption of PP when there are much larger and more influential organizations (such as oil, arms, and the like) that dwarfs such concerns of PP yet are being completely ignored (answer is obvious, they own the politicians).

So, in the end, there is no actual intelligent debate when its basically shaking down a street vendor and ignoring the super mall corruption behind them.
To suggest this is politically neutral is foolish on any level anyhow.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Prevention is preferred than a 18+ year bloodletting of the system. a condom is cheaper than welfare

Treating others like human beings and having faith they can control their 'animal' instincts, and it's none of their concern.

That is what it means to be liberal.

Treating people like human beings. Yes.
Human beings procreate. its why your here, its why I am here.
Its what is being slapped on billboards, in music videos, movies, books, etc.
Its a species full of crack addicts...but crack meaning a different term.
And suggesting that they won't do their drug unless it is fully thought out and responsible..well, that's beyond even a toddlers nieve concepts.
Do you have faith in people overwhelmingly being able to control their base genetic needs, especially when its available and can alleviate some mental stress that being poor gives? Do you honestly?
If yes to that question, when did you arrive on earth, and is your species carbon based?

The only answer is education, prevention, accessability to contraception. This nonsense about pray the lust away is 100% made of fail. I would think quitting food and living on sunshine and love would be far more likely.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You don't need a partner to relieve stress or to get through those tough teenage urges.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And here we are America. Attacking women`s health instead of going after the actual vile corporations. While a women`s health business is under attack the banks and other massive companies are robbing the American people blind.

Such backward logic in the world today coming from many of the common people.

I really have a hard time understanding the logic of `they can rob me blind but they cannot fund women`s health.`

If planned parenthood made a some bad moves they should be set on the right track but what about all the companies who behave with zero regard for anything except profit? What about all the companies who could careless about anyone` s health and poison the land and air?

Is planned parenthood really a target to go after?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This nonsense about pray the lust away is 100% made of fail.

I agree people do need to stop praying to those false 'benevolent' prophet's in government.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
If you all don't want to get knocked up do what my healthy wife and I do, it has worked for over 18 years and its free its called pulling out.Before anyone says one of us is broken we both get regular check ups and all is in working order.

Not the best of advice. Why are you opposed to conventional contraception?

Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.

Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly.

Couples who have great self-control, experience, and trust may use the pull out method more effectively. Men who use the pull out method must be able to know when they are reaching the point in sexual excitement when ejaculation can no longer be stopped or postponed. If you cannot predict this moment accurately, withdrawal will not be as effective.

Even if a man pulls out in time, pregnancy can still happen. Some experts believe that pre-ejaculate, or pre-cum, can pick up enough sperm left in the urethra from a previous ejaculation to cause pregnancy. If a man urinates between ejaculations before having sex again, it will help clear the urethra of sperm and may increase the effectiveness of withdrawal. Pregnancy is also possible if semen or pre-ejaculate is spilled on the vulva.
www.plannedparenthood.org...

Are you opposed to conventional contraception?
edit on 6-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Those reproductive rights? Those rights happen when she spreads her legs. After that she has a life in her, it was her choice to roll the dice. Once that choice leads to another life inside of her the choice was already made. Anything less is not taking responsibility.

Pro-choice happens when she decides to have sex with the opposite sex.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Not at all, I'm just pointing out that if your broke and want to get your freak on at least try to pull out.

(If it's a one night stand please wear protection)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I hope you live in Pakistan, or some country that you can feel at home in, because here in the USA we don't force women to be victims of their biology and slaves to their sexuality. We don't punish women who have sex by forcing them to carry and give birth to unwanted children.

Sex isn't immoral. Sex is a healthy activity that provides entertainment, exercise, a sense of well being, intimacy and bonding between couples and a sense of self esteem and belonging. When it comes to sex, everyone is an artist.

edit on 6-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The only answer is education, prevention, accessability to contraception. This nonsense about pray the lust away is 100% made of fail. I would think quitting food and living on sunshine and love would be far more likely.

Did you mention family values ?

Or is that a thing of the past ?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

This nonsense about pray the lust away is 100% made of fail.

I agree people do need to stop praying to those false 'benevolent' prophet's in government.

Gotta say Neo, its always fun butting heads with you. Your consistent..always a pain in the arse, but good guy nonetheless (and a big jerk of course)

Anyhow, backing out of this convo. sides are heard, and now its just touting ideals like every other thread from all sides of the coin.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join