It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO To Launch Nationwide Investigation into Planned Parenthood

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i do not have too much contact with the planned parenthood system.... but i suspect it is as corrupt as HUD is in administering the Section 8 Program...

a whole lotta 'pontius pilate' hand-washing with section 8 contractors & the awarding of voucher letters admitting clients to avail themselves of inexpensive rentals....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
the GAO is springing into action - words words and more words so long as they report what their masters tell them to report - in their case nuthin matters especially the phoney report to report a phoney sunshine number - sounds like the chief of GAO is wanting another raise - better go get that low down or down low or err ahh.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Although the church condemns the use of contraception, most Catholics use contraceptives (even the practicing ones). But then I am not a Catholic (yet), so whatever.

However, my issue isn't with what the Pope says. It is with a group of people that harbor the belief that I owe someone free contraceptives and medical care. They should feel free to supply all those things, using their own money, to people that they feel need it.

Stay out of our wombs..... but pay for anything that we need to fix our wombs?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Just as a comedian once said,

"How is pregnancy 'accidental'? Do you trip up and fall on a -----?"

If a person reads the labeling on contraceptives, they should know that not one says its guaranteed to work 100%. So this means do not engage in an act that can result in reproduction unless you are prepared to handle the consequences...be it catching an STD or getting pregnant.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Stay out of our wombs..... but pay for anything that we need to fix our wombs?

That's right. The government should stay out of women's wombs, men's prostates and all other medical issues. Medical issues should be between a person and their doctor. Medicare and Medicaid are tax sponsored medical insurance programs that cover all kinds of health issues, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, broken legs and any other health issues that can arise.

But certain lawmakers are obsesses with woman's wombs and continue to make laws that intrude on a woman and her doctor, prying and inserting themselves into a women's private areas. They're insisting on unnecessary procedures, like vaginal probes, forced counseling, waiting periods and they're singling out certain doctors, requiring more of them than that of other doctors, who perform similar procedures.

reply to post by ButterCookie

If a person reads the labeling on contraceptives, they should know that not one says its guaranteed to work 100%. So this means do not engage in an act that can result in reproduction unless you are prepared to handle the consequences...be it catching an STD or getting pregnant.

No one should have sex unless they're prepared to start a family? Pfft! That's completely out of touch, unrealistic and naive.

edit on 7-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Medicare and Medicaid are tax sponsored medical insurance programs that cover all kinds of health issues, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, broken legs and any other health issues that can arise.

Yes, I am fully aware of that.

I am against them too. Anyone get that yet?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

No one should have sex unless they're prepared to start a family? Pfft! That's completely out of touch, unrealistic and naive.

She said "Prepared to handle the consequences", not 'prepared to start a family'.

There are options available, including a legal abortion that do not entail starting a family. You seemed so well informed, I'd think you would have known that.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Good to know that your disdain for the elderly, and otherwise disenfranchised, is unbiased.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

If an adult man and woman knows that sex CAN lead to reproduction, then yes. I stand by my point. Do not engage in it if you cannot afford the responsibilty.

I understand that sex is also done for just the pleasure, but biologically, it still CAN result in reproduction. Contraceptives are a way to help REDUCE, not totally eliminate the possibilty of pregnancy.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I don't think that's what Buttercookie meant. Medicare and Medicaid do NOT pay for abortions.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Good to know that your disdain for the elderly, and otherwise disenfranchised, is unbiased.

As I have asked before:
What gives you the right to force your beliefs on anyone else? You think I should be forced to CARE?

You have railed about Christians forcing their beliefs on others, yet you expect everyone to accept yours, to the point of spending our money on them.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

So if a woman, who is using contraception, become pregnant, she should be forced to carry and give birth to a child she doesn't want and can't afford to care for?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
For those interested, I have revived an old thread that touches on the subject of a woman's equal responsibilty in unplanned pregnancies.

Men's Rights Activist Group for their Right to opt out of Parenthood

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

And Butcher was right. When I mentioned medicaid and medicare, I was not talking abortions at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

As I have asked before:
What gives you the right to force your beliefs on anyone else? You think I should be forced to CARE?

You have railed about Christians forcing their beliefs on others, yet you expect everyone to accept yours, to the point of spending our money on them.

Totally agree.

This has why I don't understand liberology...they engage in forcing people to 'care' for everyone to the tune of forcing them to fund their lifestyles. Makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

And Butcher was right. When I mentioned medicaid and medicare, I was not talking abortions at all.

This is what Butcherguy wrote:

She said "Prepared to handle the consequences", not 'prepared to start a family'. There are options available, including a legal abortion that do not entail starting a family. You seemed so well informed, I'd think you would have known that.

Do you or do you not support a woman's choice to end an unwanted pregnancy? Butherguy thinks you do.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think you may be misunderstanding what Butcher was saying. He agreed with me in that a woman should not be engaging in any activity that leads to reproduction if she cannot afford/ handle the consequences, referring to the raising of the child or paying for her OWN legal abortion.

I could be wrong, but he will clear this up if I am.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

This is what Butcherguy wrote:

She said "Prepared to handle the consequences", not 'prepared to start a family'. There are options available, including a legal abortion that do not entail starting a family. You seemed so well informed, I'd think you would have known that.

Do you or do you not support a woman's choice to end an unwanted pregnancy? Butherguy thinks you do.

So are you saying that abortion is the only alternative to 'starting a family' when you risk getting pregnant and do get pregnant?
Hmmm?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I think you may be misunderstanding what Butcher was saying. He agreed with me in that a woman should not be engaging in any activity that leads to reproduction if she cannot afford/ handle the consequences, referring to the raising of the child or paying for her OWN legal abortion.

I could be wrong, but he will clear this up if I am.

Indeed, that was my point... agreeing with you on the point of taking responsibility for one's own actions that lead to a result that is undesired.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

This is what YOU wrote:

She said "Prepared to handle the consequences", not 'prepared to start a family'. There are options available,

[b[including a legal abortion that do not entail starting a family.

edit on 7-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join