It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO To Launch Nationwide Investigation into Planned Parenthood

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by SaturnFX

The only answer is education, prevention, accessability to contraception. This nonsense about pray the lust away is 100% made of fail. I would think quitting food and living on sunshine and love would be far more likely.

Did you mention family values ?

Or is that a thing of the past ?

My family has values...are you suggesting yours doesn't, or needs some sort of government to teach you what they are?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What are "family values"? Do you have a list?

How do they apply to contraception and sex education?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well intelligent people use logic and are not thrown off by who or why. Fraud is fraud and it shouldn't matter who is discovering what is going on, it does not make it right or change it.
But as long as stupid people get easily distracted by stupid left vs right debates nothing will ever change.

Its a debate that can be considered amongst the intellectuals.
Fantastic. that targets about 15% max of the population. the other 85% are average or below and will understand only one of two things on these actions
the Right is once again attacking women, boo
or the Right is finally stickin it to the whores. yay
Even this thread demonstrates such dynamics, and has polarized the low brows accordingly. As far as the intelligent debate, well, a truly intellectual debate would be, why focus on corruption of PP when there are much larger and more influential organizations (such as oil, arms, and the like) that dwarfs such concerns of PP yet are being completely ignored (answer is obvious, they own the politicians).

So, in the end, there is no actual intelligent debate when its basically shaking down a street vendor and ignoring the super mall corruption behind them.
To suggest this is politically neutral is foolish on any level anyhow.

I was not saying this is politically neutral, what i was saying is that stupid people continue to get caught up in stupid left vs right debates and that is why things do not change. If you are an "intellectual" i hope im not, you continue to push this left vs right argument and then you move on to start rambling about oil and arms.
That is not intelligent debate, that is falling in line like you are supposed to- ignore the money and just try to argue about political BS like a good little sheep, people like you are the problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I do have sex, ....
I pay for my condoms, thank you,....

Whoa...Condoms?!!! Heathen!

edit on 6-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just more evidence that the GOP is on its way to becoming a weak, fragmented regional political party. Alienating over half of the nation's voting public should be a terrible plan, but God bless those GOP idiots and their inability to see what's obvious to everyone else. If all goes well, they'll fracture into two "3rd parties" and lose all governing influence at the national level. Then, I guess they can push for state secession (involving the handful of backwoods states they own, of course) and force us to declare war on them again (it's been a while since them rednecks got slapped down and reminded that this is a nation and not just a collection of rural counties). Hell, that could be fun. It'd make some great TV programming at least.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Killing life so she can have entertainment? You make the choice when you have sex. If you take the chance you pay the consequences.

In life we take what we want, then pay for it. If you decide to have sex and you roll the dice wrong be a human being and pay for it. It is a very simple value taking responsibility for your actions. What does that have to do with Pakistan?

Go ahead and take what you want, one way or the other you have to pay for it. Whether its a lifetime of wondering who your baby may have become or you do the right thing and take care of what you did by raising that child.

Take want you want, and pay for it.
edit on 6-8-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Sex is NOT strictly for procreation. Women are no longer slaves to their biology. Women are NOT baby machines. We do not force women to give birth as a punishment for physical enjoyment.

That genii isn't going back into the bottle. Sexual freedom from procreation is here and it's not going away. Like it or not, a woman can choose to "spread her legs" and to NOT have a baby because of it.

Honestly, I can't figure out why anyone would want a force a woman to give birth and become a mother to a child that she doesn't want and detests.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by butcherguy

Why does it matter what the career choice of the people who attend PP are? Just because prostitution is illegal doesn't mean they can't be treated when things go wrong. Id' rather these people have these problems taken care of anyways. Last thing we needs is more mouths to be fed by people who can't afford to do so or spread of diseases because let's face it people will solicit prosititutes regardless of the legality of it. Also, of all the government agencies that should be targeted for waste and mismanagement, I'd say that PP would be at the bottom of my list. How about we start with agencies like the DHS
edit on 6-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

If a person chooses to live a careless and risky lifestyle, they shouldn't be able to rely on the tax payers who are living responsible lives to foot the bill for the unwanted pregnancies, contraceptives, and STD maintenance.

By the way, the Republican platform on Planned Parenthood was not to end it- it was to stop having it be funded by taxpayers.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah the choice can't be any more clear

Democrats:

People are more broke,less free,more dependent, and more intellectually challenged.

Go on read us the score of 70 years of Democratic 'help'.

The Democratic way is reverse darwinism social engineering the environment to suit the individual that is nothing but stagnation.

The Republican way?

Cowboy the hell up and GIT R DONE and don't expect other people to pay for your existence.

Hell Yeah the CHOiCE is crystal clear.

Yet oddly enough the people of the conservative states are living beyond their means.

10 states maxed out on credit cards

No. 10: Louisiana No. 9: Texas No. 8: South Carolina No. 7: Oklahoma No. 6: Arkansas No. 5: Nevada No. 4: Alabama No. 3: Georgia No. 2: Mississippi No. 1: Alaska

Looks more like that do as I say and not as I do conservative template to me.

Just like Mississippi, leading state for teen pregnancy yet the most conservative when it comes to issues like having providers of women's health services.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I prefer to live in a world where people who can't afford STD tests or birth control can go and get it for free. Planned parenthood does a lot of good for society, you just wouldn't notice.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Yet oddly enough the people of the conservative states are living beyond their means

That was hilarious do tell what makes a 'red' state or a 'blue' state?

Governor?
State Legislation?
How they vote during a presidential election?

Inquiring minds want to know.

That list is garbage.

Yeah someone sure has a bad case of 'do as I say not as I do'.

Just like Mississippi, leading state for teen pregnancy yet the most conservative when it comes to issues like having providers of women's health services.

Let me get this straight It's conservatives fault for teen pregnancy?

Hell they should just kill it then it won't be a 'problem'.

Right ?

And any list that doesn't include California or New York is full of crap

At $617.6 billion, California had by far the biggest total debt, more than twice the total of No. 2, New York, with $300.1 billion owed, according to State Budget Solutions, a research and non-partisan advocacy group

California and New York 'Blue' states

Texas, with $287 billion owed, New Jersey, with $282.4 billion, and Illinois, with $271.1 billion, ranked next among states with the biggest total debt, according to State Budget Solutions. Vermont had the smallest debt load at $5.85 billion.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So who is not living within their means again?

California,New York,Illinois, might as well add New Jersey with the Rino running it.

Spin me another story how the left is so 'financial responsible'.

Oh that was too rich.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

If a person chooses to live a careless and risky lifestyle, they shouldn't be able to rely on the tax payers who are living responsible lives to foot the bill for the unwanted pregnancies, contraceptives, and STD maintenance.

By the way, the Republican platform on Planned Parenthood was not to end it- it was to stop having it be funded by taxpayers.

Which would effectively end it, or severely cut back on the amount of people it helps. Most of the women using Planned Parenthood are young women with no access to other healthcare. I can tell you that after I got out of school if it werent for Planned Parenthood I would have lost my reproductive capability and quite possibly my life. I love how this whole responsibility thing gets used by the braindead parrots. If you are going to Planned Parenthood you are by definition being responsible.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Which would effectively end it, or severely cut back on the amount of people it helps. Most of the women using Planned Parenthood are young women with no access to other healthcare. I can tell you that after I got out of school if it werent for Planned Parenthood I would have lost my reproductive capability and quite possibly my life. I love how this whole responsibility thing gets used by the braindead parrots. If you are going to Planned Parenthood you are by definition being responsible.

Noooo....

If a young woman does not have access to healthcare, then she should not be having an abortion because she should not even be engaging in reproducing anyway.

This is where responsibility kicks in. Why get pregnant knowing you can't raise it nor abort it on your own?

And planned parenthood should not be used as 'free healthcare'. There is medicaid that is provided by the state for routine checkups, tests, labs, and REAL healthcare. Planned Parenthood is an advertisement for liberal lifestyles: "Have all the irresponsible sex you want- we'll take of it on the tax payers' dime."

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
I was not saying this is politically neutral, what i was saying is that stupid people continue to get caught up in stupid left vs right debates and that is why things do not change. If you are an "intellectual" i hope im not, you continue to push this left vs right argument and then you move on to start rambling about oil and arms.
That is not intelligent debate, that is falling in line like you are supposed to- ignore the money and just try to argue about political BS like a good little sheep, people like you are the problem.

The whole no such thing false LvR line is absolute nonsense.
There are very different ideological differences. The politicians that represent the different ideological differences may be flawed, but to suggest that there is no differences and its just pretend division tactics is a sign of someone whom simply refuses to research the actual points.

Are you suggesting then that politicians are showing no difference, or the actual ideals are not different?
And anyone whom calls someone a sheep is typically themselves full of wool. shortcut to having to think about an issue..just dismiss everyone whom already did the groundwork.

And no, it doesn't surprise me that the discussion about the bigger entities with real corruption having more merit for investigation went over your head and how the attack on a smaller focused ideologically pivotal organization is related to the topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

If a young woman does not have access to healthcare, then she should not be having an abortion because she should not even be engaging in reproducing anyway. This is where responsibility kicks in. Why get pregnant knowing you can't raise it nor abort it on your own?

Do you understand that accidental pregnancies happen? Did you know that over 50% of all abortions are preformed for women who were using birth control the same month that they conceived? Using birth control is responsible behavior. Accidents happen and abortion is a social insurance contract that when it birth control does fail, there is a solution. Nothing irresponsible about that.

And planned parenthood should not be used as 'free healthcare'. There is medicaid that is provided by the state for routine checkups, tests, labs, and REAL healthcare. Planned Parenthood is an advertisement for liberal lifestyles: "Have all the irresponsible sex you want- we'll take of it on the tax payers' dime."

Not all doctors and clinic accept Medicaide, but Planned Parenthood does, when it's allowed to.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Walton Pratt issued his permanent injunction after the U.S. Supreme Court in May refused to hear Indiana's appeal in the case. Days later, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued an administrative ruling siding with Planned Parenthood.
\
Indiana had sought to prevent Medicaid enrollees from accessing health care at clinics operated by Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky because the organization provides abortions.

Planned Parenthood, represented by the American Civil Liberties Union, had argued that a 2011 Indiana law targeting the organization should be blocked because it probably conflicted with a federal Medicaid statute that protects patients' rights to make their own decisions about health care providers.

"This decision recognizes the rights and liberties of health care providers and the women they serve," said ACLU of Indiana Executive Director Jane Henegar. "We hope lawmakers will now see where federal law and the Constitution draw the line to protect individuals against government intrusion."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Just more evidence that the GOP is on its way to becoming a weak, fragmented regional political party. Alienating over half of the nation's voting public should be a terrible plan, but God bless those GOP idiots and their inability to see what's obvious to everyone else. If all goes well, they'll fracture into two "3rd parties" and lose all governing influence at the national level. Then, I guess they can push for state secession (involving the handful of backwoods states they own, of course) and force us to declare war on them again (it's been a while since them rednecks got slapped down and reminded that this is a nation and not just a collection of rural counties). Hell, that could be fun. It'd make some great TV programming at least.

Lol, yeah let's just kill everybody that doesnt agree with us. You fake liberals are just a bunch of authoritarian trash.

What's "obvious to everyone" except brainwashed people is that most Americans agree that abortion in certain circumstances should be legal. The problem is forcing tax payers to pay for it when they dont believe in it because of religious reasons. Isnt religious freedom a liberal concept?

Most libtards and neocons would rather turn it into a political football and argue about it then have a rational debate. Or they are like you and just want to make childish, inflamatory comments about "slapping down rednecks" that dont believe the same way you do. Heil Obama, amirite?

www.gallup.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Sex is NOT strictly for procreation. Women are no longer slaves to their biology. Women are NOT baby machines. We do not force women to give birth as a punishment for physical enjoyment.

That genii isn't going back into the bottle. Sexual freedom from procreation is here and it's not going away. Like it or not, a woman can choose to "spread her legs" and to NOT have a baby because of it.

Honestly, I can't figure out why anyone would want a force a woman to give birth and become a mother to a child that she doesn't want and detests.

A serious lack of empathy.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Planned Parenthood is an advertisement for liberal lifestyles: "Have all the irresponsible sex you want- we'll take care of it on the tax payers' dime."

That's pretty much the crux of the argument. Please ignore the sad strawman put forth by the left. They use the same simple minded tactics to derail the debate into an emotion based call for equality or a flame-fest of childish insults.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So ok, skimmed the thread here. its laughable of course
"Investigate" (read: come up with some reason to defund) PP.
More war on women nonsense

Got the wingnuts suggesting to remove all forms of government help birth control..and of course welfare.

And then the right is wondering why their party is going the way of the Whigs. irrelevant and nonsense talk catering to the most fringe elements that drift off into some dream of Somolia.
:
I fully encourage the anarchists (pronounced: "Libertarian") to continue on their vocal insanity. Such people need to be marked and understood as the social luddites they truly are.

Wing nuts, eh?

I take it from your statements here that you believe the government should be involved in a woman's reproductive rights?
I am saying they shouldn't, including paying for it.

You may want to pick up a dictionary, there is an entry on anarchism in there.
edit on 7-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
So many posts have made it clear that the people writing them have a belief that the community has a duty to support those who can't or refuse to support themselves.

Why do they insist on forcing that belief on others by means of laws and taxes?

ETA: Some posters even whined about 'Christians' pushing their beliefs on others, yet their beliefs are okay to force on others.
edit on 7-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join