It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO To Launch Nationwide Investigation into Planned Parenthood

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's about time !!

Those thieves have been picking the taxpayers pockets for decades.

I'm sure some people there do some good, but I think the corruption outweighs everything else.

Members of Congress announced Monday that the General Accounting Office (GAO) will conduct an investigation of every dollar of federal funding going to Planned Parenthood and other organizations that support less restrictive abortion. The purpose of the probe will be to determine how these organizations have spent taxpayer funds and whether funding has been used fraudulently.

The abortion industry giant performed a record number of abortions in 2012, and received $542.4 million in taxpayer monies, which represents a record amount of funding.

“Planned Parenthood and other organizations that provide abortions clearly benefit from Uncle Sam,” said Vitter, “but there’s no accounting to prove how they actually use that money. This GAO report would shine a light on how our tax dollars are being spent.”
"No accounting"

And, before anybody starts with 'it's phony' .....

In late July, Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast (PPGC) agreed to a $4.3 million Medicaid fraud settlement that included the refunding of $1.4 million of fraud to the state of Texas. State Attorney General Greg Abbott charged PPGC with falsifying records to use government funds for abortion follow-up visits, as well as for charging for services never provided.

Last year, the Alliance Defending Freedom reported that Planned Parenthood had committed between $88 and $99 million in fraud and abuse.
How 'bout all THAT ?

In September of 2011, the Obama administration announced that it would bypass state authorities in New Hampshire and restore Planned Parenthood’s funding directly.
Now What ?

GAO To Launch Nationwide Investigation into Planned Parenthood

This ain't no phony scandal !!

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Yes. It is!!!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow. Senator John---I mean Vitter, a fanatical right winger going after planned parenthood. You could knock me over with a feather I'm so surprised.

So when the results come back and it's found that even less than 3% of Planned Parenthood is about abortion, will you stop using the hack Breitbart as a source? Funny how you don't mention the hack source. He gives real journalists, like myself, a horrible name. Also will you guys that scream about he government invading your privacy with regards to background checks on guns, finally respect a woman's uterus' privacy? Let me guess, your privacy is more important.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Yes. It is!!!

It looks like 70% of the pie could be chalked up as 'prostitute maintenance plans'.

Got any pies to tell us how many patrons of planned parenthood are prostitutes?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Yes. It is!!!

Yes, it is a scandal.

And this will be yet another 'chalk up one more for Obama' .....

PP is a massively corrupt outfit.

All who support this corruption are no friends of the majority of American Citizens.

Wake UP people !!

The good people at Alliance Defending Freedom have forwarded me the settlement agreement between Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast and the United States of America, the Texas Attorney General, and whistleblower Karen Reynolds, for charges that PPGC committed Medicaid fraud between 2003-2009. The settlement was signed by all parties on July 24 and 25.
Planned Parenthood Abortion Business Has Engaged in $12.5 Million in Medicaid Fraud

reply to post by DarkKnight76

What's wrong with Breitbart ?

Did THEY do the fraud ?

NO, PP did the fraud.

Media Ignores Planned Parenthood Found Guilty Of Medicaid Fraud, Ordered To Pay $4.3 Million

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

And you are totally convinced that your chart is 100% true and honest.

Brought to you by the same "accountants" that brought you the corruption

I'm sure you are completely humbled.

But I forgot, it's all for the common good.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Why does it matter what the career choice of the people who attend PP are? Just because prostitution is illegal doesn't mean they can't be treated when things go wrong. Id' rather these people have these problems taken care of anyways. Last thing we needs is more mouths to be fed by people who can't afford to do so or spread of diseases because let's face it people will solicit prosititutes regardless of the legality of it. Also, of all the government agencies that should be targeted for waste and mismanagement, I'd say that PP would be at the bottom of my list. How about we start with agencies like the DHS
edit on 6-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Why does it matter what the career choice of the people who attend PP are? Just because prostitution is illegal doesn't mean they can't be treated when things go wrong.

Maybe some people don't want to donate their earnings (taxes) to the treatment of.......

diseases contracted due to the nature of their work.

You get that, right?

Whores get STD's for a reason.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Media Ignores Planned Parenthood Found Guilty Of Medicaid Fraud, Ordered To Pay $4.3 Million

Perhaps we should Ban Dentists too.

“As alleged, these operators of dental practices throughout Connecticut defrauded the Medicaid program of more than $20 million over a two-year period,” said U.S. Attorney Fein.

Dental Practice Operators Charged in $20 Million Medicaid Fraud Conspiracy

That should put a smile on your face.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Just another attack in the War on Women and their reproductive rights;

Members of Congress announced Monday that the General Accounting Office (GAO) will conduct an investigation of every dollar of federal funding going to Planned Parenthood and other organizations that support less restrictive abortion.

"All organizations that support less restrictive abortion" means affordable, safe and accessible abortions is what is really under attack.

Whores get STD's for a reason.

Right, because only whores get STD's

More than half of all people will have an STD/STI at some point in their lifetime.

Recent estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Infection show that there are 19.7 million new STIs every year in the U.S.

In 2008, there were an estimated 110 million prevalent STIs among women and men in the U.S.. Of these, more than 20% (22.1 million) were among women and men aged 15 to 24 years.

The total estimated direct cost of STIs annually in the U.S. is $15.6 billion (2010 US dollars).

In a national survey of US physicians, fewer than one-third routinely screened patients for STDs/STIs.

Less than half of adults ages 18 to 44 have ever been tested for an STD/STI other than HIV/AIDS.

Each year, one in four teens contracts an STD/STI.

One in two sexually active persons will contact an STD/STI by age 25. [

About half of all new STDs/STIs in 2000 occurred among youth ages 15 to 24.

The total estimated costs of these nine million new cases of these STDs/STIs was $6.5 billion, with HIV and human papillomavirus (HPV) accounting for 90% of the total burden.

Of the STDs/STIs that are diagnosed, only some (gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, hepatitis A and B) are required to be reported to state health departments and the CDC.
www.ashasexualhealth.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

“As alleged, these operators of dental practices throughout Connecticut defrauded the Medicaid program of more than $20 million over a two-year period,” said U.S. Attorney Fein.

They did ban the guilty parties, but...

“Although Gary F. Anusavice was barred from Medicare, Medicaid, and other government health programs back in 1998, he allegedly continued to defraud taxpayers by using an elaborate shield of companies and individuals—including Dr. Zamani—to hide his involvement,” said HHS-OIG Special Agent in Charge Waddle. “Working with federal and state partners, our investigators will penetrate such schemes and help bring suspects to justice.”

like they say, zebras don't lose their stripes.

YES, shut all of 'em down.

There's plenty of honest people to fill the gaps.

Where are the honest people at PP ?

Maybe they should re-organize like Acorn did

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Just another attack in the War on Women and their reproductive rights;

Members of Congress announced Monday that the General Accounting Office (GAO) will conduct an investigation of every dollar of federal funding going to Planned Parenthood and other organizations that support less restrictive abortion.

"All organizations that support less restrictive abortion" means affordable, safe and accessible abortions is what is really under attack.

This is about the financial criminal activity.

Not the social issues.

Let the honest people run the social programs, not the criminals.

Anybody that supports the criminals is a criminal.

I'm sick of paying for it.

Just think about how much it costs taxpayers to investigate and prosecute these boneheads.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Let the honest people run the social programs, not the criminals.

Right.............and let's only elect honest politicians..............

edit on 6-8-2013 by windword because: Where's all the good people go?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Does this dentist get taxpayer funds? Now in a perfect world, any organization found guilty of any kind of fraud should never ever get another red cent of tax payer funds.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Right.............and let's only elect honest politicians..............

Honest people running many social programs are not politicians.

Honest people are not tempted to steal from fellow citizens.

PP is infested with criminals.

Government handout programs always attract scum and vermin.

The honest people need to blow more whistles.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Right, because only whores get STD's

I never said that, did I?

Whores get it because of their line of work. I suppose you can understand that?

They make money having sex. Then the taxpayers get to pay for the results of their illegal moneymaking activities.

I suppose you would support smokers getting lung transplants on the taxpayer's dime... especially if smoking was illegal and smokers were making a profit from smoking???

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

And I suppose the customers of these "sex workers" are innocent and never walk away with STD's and pass them on, either? What do you propose, asking women if they're "whores" before treating them? How about asking all men if they've been with a whore before treating them too?

Let's legislate Christian morality too!

edit on 6-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I am a libertarian.

What do you propose, asking women if they're "whores" before treating them? How about asking all men if they've been with a whore before treating them too?

I propose a simple solution.
Have everyone take care of themselves.
Don't pay for anyone's STD treatment with tax dollars.

Let's legislate Christian morality too!

Where did this come from?
I am against most of the laws that we have on the books.

I also against forcing people to pay for other people's mistakes.
edit on 6-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yes. It is!!!

Notice the chart says "affiliated." PP refers most people out for care who then charges for services be it individuals or Medicaid.

Of the money given to PP, a very large portion does not go to direct care activities.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Tax money shouldn't be going to Planned Parenthood regardless.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join