It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO To Launch Nationwide Investigation into Planned Parenthood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by jimmyx

You truly believe that Dems are for the people, and aren't as corrupt as Republicans??

At a minimum, most cynical view...the Dems pander to the growing poor population and shrinking middle class...While the GOP pander to the religious far right, corporations and the wealthy.

So whatever thier motivation...pandering for votes or sincere concern...the choice to choose democrats over GOP is a no brainer IMO.

One is more apt to help the majority of Americans than the other.

One is more apt to help then the other???

Now that is too funny.

Stay politically biased I guess.

Oh, and I guess that the poor and middle class are without religion???

And don't ever think that the Dems are for the middle class. I am considered middle class and nothing they have pushed has made my life any better.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by butcherguy

3 million kids between the ages of 13 and 19 come in with an STD each year. Saying nothing about teen/child pregnancy, by your logic and cynical view which judges someone's character based on a profession and assigns that profession based on whether they get pregnant/stds, we now have 3 million kids each year who are prostitutes. What's the solution then?

I don't need a solution.

You seem to need one, so why don't you pay for it?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah the choice can't be any more clear

Democrats:

People are more broke,less free,more dependent, and more intellectually challenged.

Go on read us the score of 70 years of Democratic 'help'.

The Democratic way is reverse darwinism social engineering the environment to suit the individual that is nothing but stagnation.

The Republican way?

Cowboy the hell up and GIT R DONE and don't expect other people to pay for your existence.

Hell Yeah the CHOiCE is crystal clear.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

My solution is to start by having people like you look at the problem honestly, instead of projecting. How much does that cost?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

How about people taking responsibility for their own actions without a Govt stepping in to "help" at every step.
That wouldn't cost me much.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

How much are you willing to spend on helping the victims of child abuse? Because, there is an alarming number of children getting pregnant or contracting STDs due to this cause. What kind of money are we willing to throw at that?
edit on 6-8-2013 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

How much are you willing to spend on helping the victims of child abuse? Because, there is an alarming number of children getting pregnant or contract STDs due to this cause. What kind of money are we willing to throw at that?

Don't you mean how much other peoples money are you willing to spend.

Gotta laugh at the outsourcing to government and just throw money at perceived problems means they 'care'.

Have an argument that is not emotion based?

Because Emotional governance is a bridge too far that people should dare not cross.

I and others do not derive our morality from others, nor government, the way it is meant to be.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Child abuse is one thing.

18 year olds with STD are something else.

The Child has no choice in the matter, so, that is one of the Govt helps I am okay with.

Providing teens with birth control and everything else is not what the tax payer should be funding.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
you will never end abortions by abolishing roe v. wade...you will end SAFE abortions....go back and read WHY roe v. wade was passed in the first place...too many mutilated and/or dead women. my mother who was a nurse back in the 40's, who is now 84 and in a convalescent home with Alzheimer's, worked for a country doctor who performed them all the time, but, had to keep quiet about it for fear of being imprisoned...but... back then it was called "female problems"....and some were performed on the wives and daughters of wealthy, religious, and republican men.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

My solution is to start by having people like you look at the problem honestly, instead of projecting. How much does that cost?

So your solution is a lot of lip service.

Go talk the STD's into submission.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
you will never end abortions by abolishing roe v. wade...you will end SAFE abortions....go back and read WHY roe v. wade was passed in the first place...too many mutilated and/or dead women. my mother who was a nurse back in the 40's, who is now 84 and in a convalescent home with Alzheimer's, worked for a country doctor who performed them all the time, but, had to keep quiet about it for fear of being imprisoned...but... back then it was called "female problems"....and some were performed on the wives and daughters of wealthy, religious, and republican men.

Funny how that argument doesn't work for gun control.

'You will never end murder by banning guns' ,but hell do it anyway.

Funny though that people accept all the other LAWS concerning the preservation of life, and how a person who kills a pregnant women get's charged with a double homicide.

The law is inconsistent.

I digress another argument that plays on emotion.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So they willfully committed a crime and you seem to be proud of that??

I guess we should just legalize child abuse. Because after all, with the current laws in place, just makes it so the people involved won't speak of it.

You Progressives are a funny funny bunch.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Oh, and I guess that the poor and middle class are without religion???

"far right religious"...is what I said.

The poor and even middle class most often "practice" thier religious beliefs...while the far right fundementalists wear thier religion as moral facade/shiled while practicing things in thier daily lives that are contrary to that facade.

Ted Haggard pretty much sums up what I think of far-right fundementalists...

Leader of the US National Association of Evangelicals and all the while hiring Male Prostitutes and snorting Crystal Meth.

Most Americans practice a different kind of religion than that.

The GOP appeals to the vitriolic, hypocritical religious base. Jesus didn't have an ATM sitting beside him while healing the sick or feeding the poor....but to the GOP...what good is feeding people or healing them if there isn't a pay-day involved.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

So they willfully committed a crime and you seem to be proud of that??

I guess we should just legalize child abuse. Because after all, with the current laws in place, just makes it so the people involved won't speak of it.

You Progressives are a funny funny bunch.

They are quite a bit of cognitive dissonance in that group.

Kill the children

Save the Children

They lack consistency.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I actually agree with you. I do not think it is the governments place first to forcibly take my money and second to put it into things of which I do not approve.

I was playing a bit of devil's advocate and trying to pushing out a few real arguments. I agree emotional based arguments are indeed terrible to use. That is why I try to be as rational as I can.

If people feel moved to help victims of child abuse then it is up to them to organize and raise funds privately to do so. Same for foolish teenagers, and poorly practicing prostitutes. None of this should be compulsory. None of it should be funded by my money unless I give consent.

I for one am glad that PPH is having it's books looked over. I wish there was more that could be done with out looking like some heartless ogre.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Good since the creation of PP by Sanger was to get rid of the 'less desirables' in this country that specifically targeted minorities.

To repeat since the Care Act PP doesn't even need to exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I love your one sided slant on how evil the GOP is, and how the Dems walk on water.

Your funny.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah the choice can't be any more clear

Democrats:

People are more broke,less free,more dependent, and more intellectually challenged.

Go on read us the score of 70 years of Democratic 'help'.

The Democratic way is reverse darwinism social engineering the environment to suit the individual that is nothing but stagnation.

The Republican way?

Cowboy the hell up and GIT R DONE and don't expect other people to pay for your existence.

Hell Yeah the CHOiCE is crystal clear.

Your right and wrong the Dems like to give money to the people and the Republicans like to give it to the corporations. Then again both parties are happy to hand out money to its supporters Republican farmers in the midwest get payed not to grow anything while big companies get nice tax breaks in Democratice states. They are really one and the same. Both give tax payer money away to gain support. Then they play a little game and pretend they are different and some people are dumb enough to buy it.

As for the GAO? I have had to deal with those bean counters before when they decided our SEAL and SF teams were using to much ammunition to train and they suggested using simulators instead. That was brilliant. Almost as brilliant as tellling us that US forces in Somalia were firing more rounds than had been projected in the budget so they must be doing something wrong. Of course that was before 911 when Bush and the Congress handed the DoD and military contrators a blank check and 3 spent a couple trillion. If you could take one weeks waste from that mess you could fund planned parent hood for 100 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Funny how that argument doesn't work for gun control.

'You will never end murder by banning guns' ,but hell do it anyway.

Funny though that people accept all the other LAWS concerning the preservation of life, and how a person who kills a pregnant women get's charged with a double homicide.

The law is inconsistent.

I digress another argument that plays on emotion.

sorry pal...but as a left of center guy, I believe in the 2nd amendment and I'm not for "banning guns".... and as far as your "other" arguments....here's a list of falsehoods by the anti-abortionists:
civilliberty.about.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Good since the creation of PP by Sanger was to get rid of the 'less desirables' in this country that specifically targeted minorities.

To repeat since the Care Act PP doesn't even need to exist.

gee....a different opinion on Sanger than yours...shocking, I tell you, just shocking
www.salon.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join