It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO To Launch Nationwide Investigation into Planned Parenthood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
How bout a GAO audit of the military for those 10,000$ commodes and 500$ hammers?
How about that?

Either you are about liberty or you are against it, and some folks here have clearly come out against it. You can't pick and choose.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Why does it matter what the career choice of the people who attend PP are? Just because prostitution is illegal doesn't mean they can't be treated when things go wrong.

Maybe some people don't want to donate their earnings (taxes) to the treatment of.......

diseases contracted due to the nature of their work.

You get that, right?

Whores get STD's for a reason.

So I shouldn't have to pay for medical treatment for our mercenaries shooting people in the middle east?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Why does it matter what the career choice of the people who attend PP are? Just because prostitution is illegal doesn't mean they can't be treated when things go wrong.

Maybe some people don't want to donate their earnings (taxes) to the treatment of.......

diseases contracted due to the nature of their work.

You get that, right?

Whores get STD's for a reason.

So I shouldn't have to pay for medical treatment for our mercenaries shooting people in the middle east?
yes, that is correct.
You get it.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

No, as a woman and additionally you may not speak for me.
So dont bother trying again.

I have no use for PPH, never will. Its a personal choice of mine.

And as I said, Sanger and her own words were so intolerant I wont post them.
en.wikiquote.org...

She was afterall the founder of the PPH that some worship.

But like I said, even though some worship at its alter, no excuse to allow them to commit FRAUD!!
edit on 6-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Wow you are an idiot.
I'm not sure you could come across as any less educated.
Do you not have sex? Do you not use contraception?

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

I do have sex, and if I happen to come down with an STD, I will be paying for the treatment.
I pay for my condoms, thank you, I don't make anyone else pay for them.

You know what planned parenthood helps with? Having less people on welfare. Keeping people healthy, and providing services if you don't have a million friggin bucks.

I wasn't aware that condoms cost a million friggin bucks. I must have been undercharged every time I have ever purchased them.

I am just fine with planned parenthood keeping those welfare numbers down, but they should do it on their own dime, not mine.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

No, as a woman and additionally you may not speak for me.

I haven't tried to speak for you, I asked you a question.

You haven't benefited legalized from birth control?

I have no use for PPH, never will. Its a personal choice of mine.

What does that mean? You use a private physician, or are you against birth control, for yoursel,f all together?

Do you think that no one should use legalized birth control?

edit on 6-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

You haven't benefited legalized from birth control?

Not the topic of the thread now, is it?

Like I said, its the FRAUD!

Question: Why should Planned Parenthood be funded by the government anyways?

Answer: So that it can commit fraud, to pilfer money from the taxpayers?

I think there should be no need for PPH, (not that there ever was, it was started
as a eugenics operation) now as every American will have health care under the ACA, right?

Oh....wait. Loads of tax money spent on what??? Everything but the real healthcare women need.

Tsk tsk tsk. :shk:

If PPH wants to stay in business, let it get private funding entirely!
Why should the taxpayer foot the bill???

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It seems that the legitimacy of Planned Parenthood and it's mission is being discussed in this thread. You brought up Margret Sanger, as if her political views on eugenics effects the mission of Planned Parenthood to provide affordable birth control and women's reproductive health services to low income women and that her involvement invalidates their existence.

Panned Parenthood may have or may not have committed fraud, that has yet to be seem. All the OP has been able to show is that PP settled a lawsuit, without admitting guilt.

Members of Congress announced Monday that the General Accounting Office (GAO) will conduct an investigation of every dollar of federal funding going to Planned Parenthood and other organizations that support less restrictive abortion.

The fact is, this "investigation" is a witch hunt designed to shut down PP and all other institution that promote safe, accessible and affordable birth control and abortion.

edit on 6-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
lol

Awesome when people against women's rights and legal abortions like to hide behind loopholes to achieve their goals. Conservatives don't want anyone to have abortions. Just think about all those cute little babies!

Except the poor and brown ones of course. Many women who do choose to have abortions choose to do so because they cannot afford another mouth to feed. But conservatives don't want to help poor people either. I mean, why should THEIR tax money be used to feed and clothe the poor when it can be used to create guns and missles to kill the brown people overseas?

So let me see if I've got this straight. We can't have abortions because THINK OF THE CHILDREN. But if those children wanna eat? Tough. It's about time they learned their lessons about being born to the disadvantaged or ignorant. If they had chose to be born to a nice, wealthy family this wouldn't have happened. Poppa needs a new Predator drone because those Pakistani's are gettin' uppity.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

No need to be RUDE.

You know what planned parenthood helps with? Having less people on welfare. Keeping people healthy, and providing services if you don't have a million friggin bucks.

Less people on 'welfare' eh ?

SERIOUSLY?

Those services ARE welfare government subsidized sex lives !

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I think there should be no need for PPH, (not that there ever was, it was started as a eugenics operation) now as every American will have health care under the ACA, right? Oh....wait. Loads of tax money spent on what??? Everything but the real healthcare women need.

WRONG!

For nearly 100 years, Planned Parenthood has promoted a commonsense approach to women’s health and well-being, based on respect for each individual’s right to make informed, independent decisions about health, sex, and family planning.
www.plannedparenthood.org...

Planned Parenthood offers an estimated three million women annually with birth control, breast exams, pap tests, cervical cancer screenings, STI testing and treatment and other health services – all which, are services that made readily with the help of taxpayer money. Providing nearly one million pap tests and about 830,000 breast exams each year, de-funding Planned Parenthood may increase the already alarming numbers of women in America that have fallen victim to cervical cancer.

If you do the math, that’s a staggering 1, 860, 413 services to diagnose and prevent cervical cancer. If that isn’t telling enough of Planned Parenthood’s positive impact in America’s health, take into consideration statistics providing by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In 2007, reports indicated that 12,280 women were diagnosed with cervical cancer.
students.com.miami.edu...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

You brought up Margret Sanger,

Nope, someone else did and rightly so, however I was happy to point out her intolerance.

as if her political views on eugenics effects the mission of Planned Parenthood to provide affordable birth control and women's reproductive health services to low income women and that her involvement invalidates their existence

Her view of eugenics IS the mission of planned parenthood.

Panned Parenthood may have or may not have committed fraud, that has yet to be seem. All the OP has been able to show is that PP settled a lawsuit, without admitting guilt.

Hmmm why would they settle? They thought that might stave off an investigation?

So....they returned taxpayers money...they took $542.4 million in taxpayer money!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
How bout a GAO audit of the military for those 10,000$ commodes and 500$ hammers?
How about that?

Either you are about liberty or you are against it, and some folks here have clearly come out against it. You can't pick and choose.

So someone getting money from government for their 'healthcare' is free?

Tell me more about that so called 'Liberty'.

People are free to do whatever the hell they want, but don't expect others to be their pimps.
edit on 6-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Her uterus must not be so private.

If she ended up pregnant she obviously has been sharing it with some one!

That being said with contraception being the way that it is. With tools like the morning after pill. There really is no need for abortion! Especially partial birth abortion! Nothing short of murder in my eyes!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well clearly we all see who is still stuck in the 50s that women need a 'big,strapping Government' to take care of them.

Stay out of my womb they scream, BUT PAY for my healthcare, and birth controls pills!

Can't have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So i guess the idea here is to keep stupid people arguing about abortion to ignore the fraud that is going on.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

okay, then if I have an unplanned child, and I can't take care of it through PP, I'll send it to your loving home.

I hope yóu like toast-humanoids for my genes don't work well ith humans

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by xuenchen

okay, then if I have an unplanned child, and I can't take care of it through PP, I'll send it to your loving home.

I hope yóu like toast-humanoids for my genes don't work well ith humans

sounds like a real wholesome plan !

here's the address...

950 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC 20530

(No C.O.D.'s accepted)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Hmmm why would they settle? They thought that might stave off an investigation?
So....they returned taxpayers money...

Lots of corporations do that everyday.

they took $542.4 million in taxpayer money!

They are awarded funding for specific health care needs, which they do provide. See the statistic I provided earlier.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join