It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs: What Were They

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
after reading this i agree completely that extrateresterial vehicles have never visited earth
with everybody and there grandma carrying a phone camera these days why have we no proof
most serious researchers are now focusing on cases in the 40s and 50s because they know any new case of blurry lights just wont stand up.
i used to believe but thanks to sites like ats i am now convinced whatever might be out there has never come here

ufocon.blogspot.ie...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

What about the ancient alien theories?
Countless civilizations have reports and stories of beings from the sky coming in ships to earth.

Have you done any research into that area?
I don't have any good links on hand at the moment, but it wouldn't be hard to find a ton of information either on ATS or elsewhere with a couple minutes of searching.

Personally, I have no doubt they have been here in the past and continue to return presently.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Your link makes the same argument that can be made about religion and almost anything else. Pics or it didn't happen kind of thing.

I do agree however it is good to look at the past, but bear in mind, the further back you go, the more likely the possibility of misinterpretation is due to lack of understanding.
edit on 3-8-2013 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was not a believer. I am not a non-believer. Does that make sense? Nope not really. So what's my point? When I saw the one and only thing I have ever seen that made me pull off on the side of the road because my non-believing mother yelled "LOOK AT THAT" and I saw strange STRANGE lights in the sky, I wasn't even able to pull my phone out much less get to my camera app to take a picture of it before it was gone.

Due to that personal experience, I would believe a personal account of a sighting before a picture or video. Call me crazy.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

ancient alien theory is bunk it is actually a disgrace to our ancestors and the wonders they built
if they were here where are the signs.why the need for secrecy
im sure when humans advance enough to travel the stars they will announce it proudly
also im sure if et ever gets here they will announce themselves
why travel that far without some sort of intentions beside hiding and secrecy it makes no sense

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

if you dont mind
could you explain the sighting in more detail

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I had to look up the thread, there is a typo in it that says "my mom was driving" but I was driving, it's explained later in the thread. Been a while, I was paraphrasing, I almost forgot about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I had to look up the thread, there is a typo in it that says "my mom was driving" but I was driving, it's explained later in the thread. Been a while, I was paraphrasing, I almost forgot about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks
i read the thread and that sounds like a very interesting sighting you had
but sadly,and im not doubting you but its just another story that we have all heard before without proof there is nothing
and with the technology that the average citizen has in there hands these days no proof will always be more powerful

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Eh I encourage skepticism, I was a skeptic before that night, in those moments I was a believer, in moments since I am undecided.

I know three things, I saw it, I have a witness, and I can't explain it

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

i think im just a skeptic believer
i really wish i could have seen something like you have
i want to know but since really looking into the subject there seems to be to much dirt to sift through to find that one piece of gold
hopefully one day in our lifetime we will finally know the real truth

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The case of the unknown is not a case of yes or no
its the case of keeping a open mind and leaving no doors closed
you might miss the most important thing ever

I also believe the majority of ATS is a open minded people, and then there are the few that only operate in black n white

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

i want to know but since really looking into the subject there seems to be to much dirt to sift through to find that one piece of gold

I never wanted to see it. The topic terrifies me. I tend to keep my eyes away from the night sky now.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think the UFO mystery remains, the ET one will as well. This is despite the fact that the tales of landings, strange beings, humanoids telling us to stop building nuclear weapons and offering enlightenment have virtually dried up.

Why?

Well because we are probably dealing with a number of different phenomenon and extraterrestrial vehicles are only one possible explanation. I actually think any accounts of extra-terrestrial visitation will actually be fairly rare.

Think about how we sent probes to the moon in the 1960s and then actual human beings (assuming you believe we did actually go). But then once 1972 was out man has never been back and only the odd probe made a fly by ever now and again since.

Maybe there was an age when ET did visit here long before humans appeared. Maybe once or twice they have visited more recently. But 50 years ago, 100 years ago etc. is a tiny fraction of time. We could well find that there was once intelligent life on Mars but it's dark secrets are buried deep below the surface, or a truly alien artefact may one day surface here on Earth that cannot be contained.

Things appear very quiet at the moment. But why does that mean ET has never visited us?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I never wanted to see it. The topic terrifies me. I tend to keep my eyes away from the night sky now.

pleaes dont
keep looking and hopefully next time you can record something extraordinary
someday someone has to..maybe it could be you

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
According to MUFONs site... Last month there were 770 worldwide UFO sightings. Which averages to 25 a day. That would make 9,125 sightings or so a year. Let's round that down to 9,000 sightings each year. In 2010, an estimated 1 billion cell phones were in use worldwide, which increased with each year until today. So being generous and only starting in 2010, that means in the last 2 years and 7 months, there has been an average of 23,250 UFO sightings. Yet still no clear picture or videos of these "UFOs"? Nothing suspicious in that?

You can see why so many members repeatedly quote and harken back to cases of the 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's. In which there mainly would be only stories of these encounters. But, according to statistics, there are far more sightings now than there were in those time periods. Let's say only 5% of current sightings are actually "real" UFOs. That would make 4,951 cases in the last 2 years 7 months. Let's go even lower and say only 1% are "real". That makes 233 real UFO cases in the last 2 1/2 years. Still nothing concrete to show in the 1% of the cases in the last 2 1/2 years? Why not? Surely a camera phone would have been in possession in the very least half of those cases.

My example is only 1.5% of time, in the 65 year popularity of the UFO phenomenon. Camera phones were in use before 2010, camcorders have been in use and widely available since the early 80's, cameras have been in use since the beginning of reported sightings. But still no good, solid, closeup photo or video of a UFO. They reportedly don't spend all their time flying around 10 miles above in our atmosphere. Plenty are said to land, abduct people, etc. So an excuse that they aren't close enough to get a good photo video, wouldn't be true.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Smart way of debunking but just doesnt work. Most of us see through you like a cheap veil.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

pleaes dont
keep looking and hopefully next time you can record something extraordinary
someday someone has to..maybe it could be you

Seen all I need to see
Come hang out with me in my corn field and I'll let you watch the skies

edit on 3-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Greetings,my first post on ATS. Please be patient :0)

I am a UFO witness and after reading your post I would just like to add my two pennies worth.

From what I can tell from your writings is that you are not a non believer as such but rather a serious doubter. Which is good IMO. I have read many posts from doubters stating the same thing IE no pics no proof which technically is true but that is also not proof that there isn't something out there...

In my case my sighting was over in 90 seconds . I'm not sure if people realise that when you see something your brain can not readily explain its works it's butt off trying to figure it out and a camera does not come into the equation. Once I went through the obvious options in my mind (plane , helicopter, lantern etc etc ) i only then 'came to' and told the other half to pull over). Now I guess you should know that before this night I was not a believer as such but always thought realistically there has to be something out there . I had never looked into UFOs before and only knew of high profile cases. (I Had never heard of orange orbs ,my vision of a ufo was a flying saucer.)
Ok so by now we had pulled over. I took my eyes off the objects to get my phone, open car door, put pass code into phone, turn on camera,turn camera from photo to video ( all adding time, objects getting further away. By now they had gone from large orange orbs to small orange specs ( sort of like a large orange star, like most orbs videos you see) . So I had missed the impressive part of my sighting and only had a 16 second clip of what on film looks to be 3 white stars so not convincing at all to others but I'm happy because it proves there was a least something and not completely making it up.
I guess what I'm getting at in my ramblings is that even with all the cameras out there it does not mean anyone will get 100 % proof , I highly doubt that anyone will accept a photo as definitive proof anyway. And there are thousands ofphotos and videos out there's and yes a LOT seem to be hoaxes but there are genuine ones out there to be found just dont expect a perfect picture... Have you ever tried taking a photo of a plane etc at night with a smart phone or ordinary camera? ( genuine question , I don't think it would be easy to get a clear picture.. I am going to try tonight ;0)

P.s this only relates to orb like sightings as that is all I have seen so can't comment on others.
P.p.s I am typing this up on an ipad which is seriously frustrating, laggy and slow, is this normal on an ipad?

Lastly ! Apologies for a rambling post . I was hoping my first ATS post would be awesome and convince others I'm not a whack job.... but with above problems and just back from night shift I may not have achieved that

That is all.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoplasm8
According to MUFONs site... Last month there were 770 worldwide UFO sightings. Which averages to 25 a day. That would make 9,125 sightings or so a year. Let's round that down to 9,000 sightings each year. In 2010, an estimated 1 billion cell phones were in use worldwide, which increased with each year until today. So being generous and only starting in 2010, that means in the last 2 years and 7 months, there has been an average of 23,250 UFO sightings. Yet still no clear picture or videos of these "UFOs"? Nothing suspicious in that?

You can see why so many members repeatedly quote and harken back to cases of the 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's. In which there mainly would be only stories of these encounters. But, according to statistics, there are far more sightings now than there were in those time periods. Let's say only 5% of current sightings are actually "real" UFOs. That would make 4,951 cases in the last 2 years 7 months. Let's go even lower and say only 1% are "real". That makes 233 real UFO cases in the last 2 1/2 years. Still nothing concrete to show in the 1% of the cases in the last 2 1/2 years? Why not? Surely a camera phone would have been in possession in the very least half of those cases.

My example is only 1.5% of time, in the 65 year popularity of the UFO phenomenon. Camera phones were in use before 2010, camcorders have been in use and widely available since the early 80's, cameras have been in use since the beginning of reported sightings. But still no good, solid, closeup photo or video of a UFO. They reportedly don't spend all their time flying around 10 miles above in our atmosphere. Plenty are said to land, abduct people, etc. So an excuse that they aren't close enough to get a good photo video, wouldn't be true.

Were do you look or find these ufo pics/clips ? I have seen hundreds and only started looking a year ago. They are out there I think the problem may be not the lack of visuals but your lack of believing what you are seeing. Most reasonable pics are automatically put into the hoax file without proof . I know because I do it myself. Exactly what will this perfect piece of evidence look like? My guess is that even a professional photo clear as day would not be believed by most skeptics.And until the day you all see if for yourself you will never believe a photo or video. Again I was like that myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chazam
reply to post by xszawe

Smart way of debunking but just doesnt work. Most of us see through you like a cheap veil.

what veil im not debunking
just stating sightings should be better in our age compared to stories from the 40s
its just hard to believe the proof we are all looking for seems harder to get compared to the technology we have now
out of the millions of people with cameras these days why is there not one single picture that says yes that is a ufo
if there was anything to prove we shoud have done so by now

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
after reading this i agree completely that extrateresterial vehicles have never visited earth
with everybody and there grandma carrying a phone camera these days why have we no proof
most serious researchers are now focusing on cases in the 40s and 50s because they know any new case of blurry lights just wont stand up.
i used to believe but thanks to sites like ats i am now convinced whatever might be out there has never come here

What is this thread suppose to offer? other peoples encounters or what? you seem to be telling us you are not a believer, you don't seem to be asking any question?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join