It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs: What Were They

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I had to look up the thread, there is a typo in it that says "my mom was driving" but I was driving, it's explained later in the thread. Been a while, I was paraphrasing, I almost forgot about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks
i read the thread and that sounds like a very interesting sighting you had but sadly,and im not doubting you but its just another story that we have all heard before without proof there is nothing and with the technology that the average citizen has in there hands these days no proof will always be more powerful

What kind of proof do you need? Do you need any proof at all? Why must everything boil down to proof? In some cases witness testimony can be so persuasive that it amounts to conviction, especially if thousands of witnesses come forward with the same evidence and there are radar records, pilot accounts, testimony from pilots, photographic evidence from credible witnesses and so on and so on. Eventually the evidence becomes compelling. It becomes so compelling that alternative explanations no longer work and accusations of delusion begin to sound hollow. Outside mathematics it is hard to prove anything 100%
edit on 3-8-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think the true story of the Dulce base solves it... pretty much for everything. And the story is that the alien stories were made up to cover up military projects. To me this whole 'aliens are here, aliens invasion' is starting to turn into BS because the few real cases that actually exist will turn out to be military and the rest stories - made up to cover up projects.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There is no proof at all that UFO's are extraterrestrial in origin. But they absolutely exist and i do believe people all over the world have seen them. I also believe people have had encounters with what the believe to be aliens. What they are and where they come from is what i have trouble with and i refuse to put all my eggs in one basket as that is how i used to think. I have read a vast amount of books on the subject over many years, attended lectures, met people who claim to have seen or had contact with unknown craft or entities and after all this time i'm no closer to understanding what they truly are. I don't think i ever will be.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaxsprat
Were do you look or find these ufo pics/clips ? I have seen hundreds and only started looking a year ago. They are out there I think the problem may be not the lack of visuals but your lack of believing what you are seeing. Most reasonable pics are automatically put into the hoax file without proof . I know because I do it myself. Exactly what will this perfect piece of evidence look like?

Finding photographs, videos, or stories about UFOs is an incredibly simple task online. This is a common, recurring tactic used by believers towards non-believers to try to make us seem "uninformed" of the "most serious cases". That we just don't know the best cases, photographs, or videos. It's a silly argument. I'm as informed as most members here are. The simpler response to that, is one to you. Post 3 clear closeup photographs of different UFOs showing it's not something explainable. I'd be interested to see what photos I have skipped over and not informed about.

My guess is that even a professional photo clear as day would not be believed by most skeptics.And until the day you all see if for yourself you will never believe a photo or video. Again I was like that myself.

You can't make an assumption that if any skeptic/debunker/non-believer saw a clear closeup photograph by a professional photographer, they would automatically toss it in the "hoax file". Because in 65+ years, there never has been one. But, what we do is begin with an Earthly, mundane, simple explanation. What many believers do, is start with a pre-existing belief and giving the benefit of the doubt that it's a UFO, and work backwards. Use this forum as an example. Someone will post a photograph or video, certain members will undoubtedly jump in and automatically say it's strange and looks like a good example of something unexplainable. Then someone will come along and post it's a balloon, bird, bug, etc. showing closeups or other examples that it is. Then it takes proving further it's not a UFO to the believers. That's ridiculous.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaxsprat

I would like to second both your post and Valentine's earlier post re: the state of mind during a sighting.
You are dead on that your brain goes into hyper-drive just trying to figure out what you are seeing - the thought of getting a camera out doesn't even enter in until after quite awhile - then generally its over! Mine was way before I carried around a cell phone with a camera. I might be more able to get a pic now - but it would look farther away than I was seeing it.

Another example is that I had a weird experience just yesterday. Driving home, I noticed a large white thing flying through the sky that I identified as "airplane from the side" - a perfectly normal thing, right? So, granted, I'm driving, but kind of keeping an eye on it for some reason. Until it suddenly was no longer there - Poof - not anywhere to be seen in the whole of the sky. It left me wondering what the heck happened to it?!?!? Could that have actually been another sighting for me? Or did the plane just change its angle somehow and...I dunno...I'm still thinking it was a plane and I just lost track of it somehow - and its certainly not proof of anything!! But you see, if it had been a genuine UFO, I would be none the wiser and with minimal head-scratching, I'm chalking it up to "whatever - most likely my mistake."

Anyway - I think you are spot on with the strangeness-factor sort of freezing up the brain of the observer until its too late to get an effective picture.

peace,
AB

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

This is a good point.

Why, even now when we have cameras with us wherever we go, do we have so few credible UFO photos?
There are a few of course, but not nearly enough to prove anything.

I partially agree with the article (reluctantly). Great UFO stories seem to be a thing of the past. The public is less interested now as well. We cannot ignore the tens of thousands of seemingly credible observations. Something was happening.

Every once in a while a good sighting will come up though. And as long as UFOs are still seen, there is hope for ufology.

Could it be possible that an alien civilization came and then left?
edit on 3-8-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i think the problem with ufology is that there are so many theories etc that you can make all fit to some degree. If ET is visiting us now then it has to be very very rare since there is so many ways of taking pictures and videos of them nowadays.I like to keep a open mind since the universe is a big old place and the chance of ET life has to be high in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i personally do not count points-of-light ... either daytime or nighttime... as UFOs, Alien craft or ET vehicles

i witnessed the NC 'Brown Mountain Lights' i do not call them UFOs

the early morning bright white dot in the sky near Morganton NC back in 1965 Christmas leave... was Not a UFO because it fit the characteristics of a weather balloon to me & my Army buddy Glenn Morris

but i did witness a boomerang shaped string-of-lights during the summer vacation in Hershey Pa back in 1959 around 10PM... the string of lights numbered 13... or 6 on each side of the center light at the point of the 'V'
the silent object glided overhead not more than a few hundred feet above the 3 storie buildings around us,
one other student saw the object with me as it passed over our heads... there were no tail lights so the sky was dark where one would normally see an aircrafts tailights if the object were FAA authorized...
We both rejoined the other group members and told what we saw about a silent 'V' of 13 lights fly overhead but by then there was no proof or evidence of what we seen just minutes earlier

then around 2-2:30 pm after the almost daily short rain in Orlando Fla... the year was 1972 somewhere late summer & before LaborDay.... As the hot rain steamed skyward off the hot roadway & parking lot in a multi-family community of 4 storie THs / Condos... i had a chance to see what looked like a AMC Gremlin shaped object that was just above the rooftops and between buildings... the sighting took maybe 1 whole second,,,
as the grey profile of a car floated in the misty air & was only visible between the dense fog banks some 40 yards away and some +60 ft above the ground

1996, dec 3rd, 11:00PM,Phoenix Az (some 3 months before the Phoenix Lights mass sighting)
outside on roof, listening to Art Bell radio show,,,

what appeared to be 3 owls gliding in a triangle formation was seen for a full 15-25 seconds as it passed almost overhead, traveling E to W at near 25-30 mph, and no more than 50 ft high
25 minutes later the same 3 owls in formation glided nearly overhead once again, but from W to E
i was temped to get a bright spot light... but feared that if the object was a govt thing that my location would be swarming with ill-intentioned MPs or black-ops guys the next day

those are the only UFOs i have ever seen

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I know what you mean, OP. But don't discount, just yet, that "they" might have been here alongside of us all along. And I ain't talkin' 'bout no Ancient Astronauts. Something closer. Something trickier. Or not. But a theory to still be considered.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is a great thread here on ATS that anyone, believer,doubter,borderline... should read, and do some independent research from the wealth of material out there as well. Basically, you need to take your current belief system and juggle it with what you will read here. It is that interesting.

It was posted by Muzzleflash, back in 2005, and to me, it discusses probably the most important documentation ever, concerning the possibility that, yes, something out of this world happened here.

The Ruwa Incident

Excerpts from the first few lines of this post :

On September 16-18th of 1994, a bizarre event occurred in Zimbabwe Africa 62 children at a school were playing in the schoolyard ; and the story of their 'encounter' is as follows virtually every single one of the 62 children iterate the exact same story; every detail is the same and none of them have ever gone agianst this story

That should be enough to cause you to read this, if you have not already.
P.S. Thanks Muzzleflash, I hope you do not mind me bumping your excellent thread.

edit on 3-8-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
after reading this i agree completely that extrateresterial vehicles have never visited earth
with everybody and there grandma carrying a phone camera these days why have we no proof
most serious researchers are now focusing on cases in the 40s and 50s because they know any new case of blurry lights just wont stand up.
i used to believe but thanks to sites like ats i am now convinced whatever might be out there has never come here

ufocon.blogspot.ie...

What do you have to say with that? What is your intent? Is it to show all those disillusioned people who is yet to reach your level of intelligence what you finally figured out? And how long did it take you to realize this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join