It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLIMATE CHANGING RAPIDLY!!!!! The North Pole is Now a Lake!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

True, BUT this particular cycle has been greatly affected by all the chemical pollutants we've pumped into our atmosphere.
Yes, cooling and warming is natural, but when humans add to the recipe, its uncharted waters.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

True, BUT this particular cycle has been greatly affected by all the chemical pollutants we've pumped into our atmosphere.
Yes, cooling and warming is natural, but when humans add to the recipe, its uncharted waters.

Just this cycle? How so? Any thing to back that up as evident? Or is it speculation?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

well... how long have humans had factories and rubber plants, mining and so forth on such large scales?

100yrs or so?...

When was the last ice ages, great freezes, great warms.... 500-100000yrs?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by ownbestenemy

well... how long have humans had factories and rubber plants, mining and so forth on such large scales?

100yrs or so?...

When was the last ice ages, great freezes, great warms.... 500-100000yrs?

And that proves what?! I am failing to see whatever connection you are attempting to make. Industrial revolution was well over a 100 years ago and even then, if we use that as our marker, we are ignoring eons of data that we are only beginning to analyze.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
jee's man take chill tablet for a second.
aren't people allowed opinions?

My opinion, is that in the last 150yrs we've had the industrial revolution, large scale mining, factories and plants built, nuclear weapons exploded, CARS and exhaust fumes, we've cut down forests, we've filled our oceans with nuclear waste, oil and toxins... all of this in my opinion contributes to chemical imbalances in our atmosphere and environment... do you disagree with this?

As such, any cycles that have been occurring since the days of the cave man now have a new variable, the human variable. How will thus human variable interact.. I dont know, but im sure we'll find out over the next 50yrs.

Will it force our planet to turn inside out and start talking? who knows..
Will it heat up the atmosphere? or turn our oceans into ice, I don't know.. do you?

All I can say is that scientists are proven wrong every single day, data and facts are found to be flawed, we still have no clue about many many many aspects of our planet, our atmosphere and the space around us. So for you to trumpet that its definitive is pretty arrogant of your own intelligence and that of mankind as-well.

Just because the scientists you chose to trust say its all normal, well hoo hah for you and them.

I'm still allowed my opinion so relax'.

If something major was occurring with the weather, the environment and such.. do you really believe the government would let scientists tell you? they kill people over a few billion in profits from WARS.. a world changing incident would be the most secret of all intelligence.

I came here for a light hearted chat about this topic, thanks for ruining my mood!
edit on 24-7-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Smallest recorded as in the smallest amount of recorded ice. It doesn't point to the opposite, unfortunately. Meaning record ice loss.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Doesn't matter If it is caused by the sun or man made, If the climate changes drastically we will have real life problems.
Floods, diseases and death, countless people displaced, the cost to the world economy.
People arguing If it is man made or not isn't the issue it's what may happen in the future to us all.

Now, the World Economy is man made for sure. And, it is just as fake and worthless as global warming. If this were true,there is a Bright side. Santa too would be exposed as a fake. But us grown ups already know that, but you kids don't want to hear it.
edit on 25-7-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
They can not even fix the radiation coming out of Japan's cracked nuke power plants and yet there are those who want us to pay billions for some carbon tax; some people say OK you are smart and I am dumb fix it ...Ole ye of great faith.....

Maybe we should write the Premiere or fearless leader of China and ask him to please stop building 3 dirty coal fired power plants for every EPA clean one we shut down; they build even if ours are not shut down...... Surely he will invite us to the table for dinner...You go I have seen the air in Beijing and it is a brownish yellow....Kids can not even go outside and play on certain days....Oh I forgot lead by example and all that stuff....as if the Middle kingdom will listen to anyone but it's own party line...

The USA and Europe are spotless compared to other countries of the world so without a consensus it is our money chasing after a doomed plan to begin with. But hey if it makes yourself happy support them until hell freezes over for all I care just don't ask me to count the farts my livestock does and pay a tax on the event for then we have a problem.

TPTB have declared war on our power plants and as you electric bills increase I hope you stay warm in the winter or cool in the summer and feel good about your 300% electric increase that is coming when TPTB get finished rapeing your gentile soul.

Sorry to be so crude but the young always have faith in someone..... us older folks tend to remember some very smart and what seemed like a good ideas at the time that proved to be totally proven wrong.

When I was a kid it was all about going into another ice age and we must do something to save the earth....Send money!! More studies needed!! Hey, we aren't kidding, please, for the children send whatever you can afford....etc etc. The only difference now is there are more hands in the cookie jar and marketing the idea is much more sophisticated.....Climate change instead of gobal warming was a great stroke of genius ....
iceagenow.info... first time since 1918 it has snowed there
iceagenow.info... Brazil says it is snowing there
iceagenow.info...
21 July 2013 - As reported by Civil Defense and Road Safety of Chubut, cars and trucks remain stranded in Garayalde height, on National Route 3 between Trelew and Comodoro Rivadavia. The place will be cut off until at least tomorrow.

iceagenow.info...

As people understandably become ever more skeptical about manmade global warming catastrophe claims … and congressional action on job-killing carbon dioxide control or cap-and-trade legislation remains extremely unlikely … President Obama and EPA have gone on the attack, promising punitive greenhouse gas regulations that will terminate countless jobs and put the government in charge of everything we make, ship, eat and do. To aid and promote this massive power grab, the climate alarm industry is pulling out all the stops – using our taxpayer dollars to advance this agenda.

It fails to mention the extreme cold that many places around the globe experienced recently. Europe and Russia in particular suffered through bitter cold the past two winters. The report likewise ignores the fact that average global temperatures have not risen at all over the last sixteen years; in fact, Earth has actually cooled slightly during the past decade.

So we can all believe what we or told or look back on our life experiences and realize we already have that Tee shirt and it never fit to begin with.

P.S.
Or they are all correct and we are all doomed...does not matter and not worth losing sleep over for the puny little humans can't change the sun or our position in the galactic plane or the next super nova that has us zeroed in for a major extinction event or some rock from space or, or, or, or, get over it.

These are the same people who do not think it is necessary to harden and protect our electric grid from a solar flare or EMP event which could turn the lights out for years and wow it is not a theory but something that has happened and will probably happen again....Let them spout the B.S. and if you don't give money they will go away just like a panhandler who picked the wrong spot. They care about the money not you or your kids future...Besides we will probably run out of something else much needed before we are toast on Earth's or the solar system barbeque... Oh what a terrible thing to say we must do something!! OK you stop passing gas let me know how that works out for you...I have already cut way back on mine

edit on 25-7-2013 by 727Sky because: .....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yeah the climate does tend to change quite rapidly. Especially since there are only 365 days in a year.

May seem pretty long and slow to some folks, but to me it goes by really fast. So I agree it does seem "rapid", but that's probably just our subjective limited perceptions.

Did you know the Great Lakes used to be glaciers? It was really recently too according to the geologists.
Pretty crazy how far of a distance and how rapidly the ice has melted.

See I agreed with both sides at once, haha!

edit on 25-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i read yesterday that the Nort Pole(Arctic) sea-lane traffic & shipping is going crazy with more ships & tonnage

i read in recent months that
the South Pole is amassing more ice than thought possible...

can a greater imbalance between the poles cause the axis to change a little?

will Siberia become a resort area...like a colder Riveria?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You beat me to it LightSpeedDriver.
The Global Warming Whack-Nuts seem to be ignorant of that fact.
Our climate is changing, however it is a natural process.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Anyone who claims to have certainty that climate change is not influenced by man is a whack nut.

If there was 100% scientific consensus on one side or another that would be one thing but there isn't.

When it comes to science people should pay attention to actual scientists of course there are those out there that for whatever reasons think that is a bad idea. IMO they are morons.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You beat me to it LightSpeedDriver.
The Global Warming Whack-Nuts seem to be ignorant of that fact.
Our climate is changing, however it is a natural process.

Please provide evidence of your claim...thanks. Otherwise it is a subjective post and you are entitled to your own opinion....sir.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I generally believe that there is climate change, and I do believe that we may be driving some of it. With that said though, this “blog” is being posted by someone with no more expertise on the subject then the average joe off the street. He claims his source is the “North Pole Environmental Observatory”, and that they are stating: “the summer ice is melting away at unprecedented rates. The sea of snow is now meltwater.”, yet I see nothing to substantiate his claims on their website:
psc.apl.washington.edu...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

There is something going on indeed. Some say natural, some say man driven (pollution, chemtrails, etc..). Has anyone ever thought of the Pole Shift Earth experienced and how that may be affecting our climates?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Summer Arctic ice melt carries monstrous $60 trillion price tag

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Oooh Oooh.
I wonder if there are any fish in that new lake yet.

People don't understand it seems, we can slow the progression of this climate change, we may not be able to stop it but we can dampen it. I personally do not want to live in a violent world if I do not have to. What am I saying mankind makes this a violent world, I meant violent climate.
edit on 25-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You know I like the way you think!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blindlyzack

to us flea yes to the big dog earth no, for we are fleas and ticks on the earth, it is her way of taking a flea dip.2000 years ago man kind was a mere 1000000 today we are 7 billion, seems we need to take a dip to thin our selves out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join