It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLIMATE CHANGING RAPIDLY!!!!! The North Pole is Now a Lake!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We're trapped inside a microwave planet, and the setting has been put on "defrost". lol

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

But didn't you hear there is more ice. Some people latched onto that cherry without understanding what the report actually said.

Your video shows the truth but I will leave a link for those who wish to understand.

www.skepticalscience.com...

I know many will ignore it. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I remember the Times newspaper, or was it the Daily Telegraph, reporting on the amount of undersea volcanoes that were now errupting at the poles. They must be more active than ever as there is a lot of 'complaints' about methane escape being disasterous.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

There are many articles on it and it is the permafrost not volcanos. Do a quick search and there is a wealth of info.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's astounding to see how often the argument of 'it's the sun driving climate change' is brought out. Solar activity and global temperatures are going in opposite directions and have been doing so for decades. It's not the sun.

You would think that climate change deniers would at least do a little research into the factor they're attributing the rise in global temperatures to. But then again, if they did then they wouldn't be deniers as they would realise that it is most certainly humanity that is causing it.

Can the sun drive the climate? Absolutely. Is it responsible for the current episode of warming? No.

The debate is not whether or not we are to blame, the debate is what we should do about it. It's knuckle dragging like this (caused by the continual pumping of propaganda by special interest groups) that continually places any sort of solution out of our reach. We are not going to solve climate change by cutting our emissions, it's far too late for that. We're going to have to adapt to a warmer world.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoExpert
The debate is not whether or not we are to blame, the debate is what we should do about it.

and the answer is.........

We're going to have to adapt to a warmer world.

Correct, until it starts to cool back off, as it did in the past and as it will again in the future.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by NoExpert
The debate is not whether or not we are to blame, the debate is what we should do about it.

and the answer is.........

We're going to have to adapt to a warmer world.

Correct, until it starts to cool back off, as it did in the past and as it will again in the future.

No one is arguing that the world doesn't go through warming and cooling phases. As a geologist it's one of the areas I study in depth and the world has indeed been a lot hotter (and cooler) in the past. The issue however is what the cause of the current warming trend is. It's not the sun. It's not any orbital change. It's not volcanic. It's us.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Yet the most amazing thing is what happens there during the winter months. The lake disappears and becomes solid ice. Simply amazing.

I assume you're being sarcastic?

Obviously, in winter the sea freezes. And the more open sea there is at the start of winter, the more there is that freezes over .....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Elliot

There are many articles on it and it is the permafrost not volcanos. Do a quick search and there is a wealth of info.

I provided a link to the permafrost melt and methane release on page 3 on this thread if anyone is interrested.

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
I remember the Times newspaper, or was it the Daily Telegraph, reporting on the amount of undersea volcanoes that were now errupting at the poles. They must be more active than ever as there is a lot of 'complaints' about methane escape being disasterous.

This thing is, if we discover 10,000 new volcanoes erupting undersea today, we don't know whether there might have been 100,000 erupting just 50 years ago .....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoExpert

The issue however is what the cause of the current warming trend is.

When you say current, what exactly is the time frame you are referring to? The last 15 years, 50 or 150?

In order to avoid the "continual pumping of propaganda by special interest groups", please don't link to 'skepticalscience' if you choose to reply.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
For what it is worth.

My wife's family lives up north (Canadian arctic) and agree that the weather patterns have changed from what they were 30+ years ago. They spend a month or so at whale camp in the Beaufort every year and the ice over the last decade has melted further north than ever before, in the last 3 years it has gone so far that they do not even see it in summer unless they go on a major voyage farther up north. They were raised in whale camps and did not even venture into town until almost adults and I will take their word for it.

Last summer we boated up the Mackenzie delta and over to Richards island and then over to Tuk. We were shown first hand the changes and spent a few weeks at whale camp with them.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoExpert

Obviously others have used data from sceptical science to belittle my present primary hypothesis.

Your response is expected.

lasp.colorado.edu...

Accorrding to the University of Colorado the short term trend for Total Solar Irradiance is up over the past decade.

lasp.colorado.edu...

According to the same University study the historical reconstruction also shows an upward trend covering the last 300 years.

You are free to follow whatever hypothesis you desire as a scientist. Untill proof is provided and a theory adopted, remember different scientists have different data sets and create different conclusions based off of those.

I believe the total solar irradiance has been going steadily up, since the Earth entered the new region of interstellar clouds (medium) proven by the bowshock study, and my data sets support my hypothesis at this time.

God bless,

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

There seems to be a couple of hundred million years of data in Antarctic ice cores to say it for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
As long as we realize this has nothing to do with man and if you think it does consider the effects of the decline of the last big ice age? Still smiling? No, because you've been proved wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I love the deniers - completely oblivious to the world around them. Makes me laugh.

And why are you guys debating man-made v.s. natural climate change?
Those who are so quick to say it's 'natural cycles', still act like it's not happening.

I don't think some people realize just how serious a changing climate is,
and what it could really mean.
edit on 25-7-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It seems that this sort of thing has happened before

www.snopes.com...

Now while this could of been a localized event. It does show that there have been periods in history were arctic melt was higher than normal.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Summer Arctic ice melt carries monstrous $60 trillion price tag

ca.news.yahoo.com...

revealing a surprisingly-overlooked aspect of climate change that could end up costing the nations of the world $60 trillion

"Could" is the keyword. And reveals the misleading nature of the article you linked.

It "might" cost that much, it "might" not.
It "could" cost a 60 trillion dollars, it "could" cost only 1.75 trillion dollars.

As a result, I am unable to become alarmed at mere speculation based on lack of data.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Hmm! I know what we should do about 'climate change'! We should pay more taxes! That will solve it!

Do you see what the real problem is?

It is not that climate is changing about which we can do absolutely NOTHING! What is happening is that some clever 'Harry' is making a quick buck from it. Now, some people might call this offensive, greedy, stealing, down right dishonest....any of the above plus a little more.

Come down to the real business, if the climate is changing....as it does, will your electricity bill doubling stop this? Will you not being able to afford food stop the ice melt?

Do you see what the 'denying' is about?

The last time climate change affected humans we were able to just move along to another, better area. Now we have borders, travel permits, visas, passports, border guards, people with guns with a 'get off my land' attitude!

Quite a different world from last time. And how are all those massive parasiting corporations going to leech the very life blood out of you by forcing you to stay in an increasingly uninhabitable situation going to afford champagne, caviar, exotic holidays, huge pay packets and bonuses if the sheep start running away to 'better climes'?

Oh to be so simplistic as to believe that an ant can stop an on coming train!!

edit on 26-7-2013 by Elliot because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I'm not worried about climate change or global warming at all.

It's a natural process that happens on every planet with an atmosphere. Man has survived such changes in the past, Man will do so again.

Still impressive pics. Fun to see nature in action.

Super, Super, Super ignorant.

Just because something is survivable does not mean theres no cause for worry. This could be disastrous

The only "Super, Super, Super ignorant." here is you. Read. Learn. Know.

Do not share your smallfolk's beliefs as facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join