It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLIMATE CHANGING RAPIDLY!!!!! The North Pole is Now a Lake!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Anyone who doesn't believe that man can affect the climate is fooling themselves. Its been proven, especially in areas such as rainforest defoliation, that we can change weather patterns by changing the surface environment. The retention of heat over large areas of concentrated cement, such as cities, being another example that comes to mind.

Don't get me started on the topic of chemtrails though...

As far as a “pole shift” is concerned, there hasn't been one on earth in a very long time (like several 100 million years), maybe not even since man has been walking the planet. There has been magnetic polar wander, but that is a normally occurring event that has been going on since forever. Now, the sun has flipped poles in recent years (I believe 2001), and I believe that it may be in the process of flipping them again here with the upcoming solar maximum.

edit on 7/25/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yup . Methane is the number one worry we should have.

When I posted a research paper about it a year ago everyone screamed alarmist since that time it has become excepted science.

I think it was said it could cause an extinction level event within one lifetime. Worst case of course.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

well did a search and this came up psc.apl.washington.edu... no pics of a lake but then i look at a few nice pic of a lake psc.apl.washington.edu...

edit on 25-7-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Actually Arctic melt ponds are fairly common and usually do not last long before draining out.

Here are pics.

www.google.com... biw=1120&bih=720

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
now i could swear i remember people saying the north pole has had more ice recently than at any time in record. it seems there's conflicting stories, 'evidence' and "facts" about warmest this coldest that, blah, blah whatever, i personally will continue think neither 'climate change' side is true if i can't get corroborating info that overwhelmingly supports one side, it seems to go back and forth to me with no indication of the truth really being known by anyone.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

good memory science1.nasa.gov... are we next ? some say yes some no, my self in time we will know the sun come up in the east and sets in the west does it matter which way the compass point? for map readers and gps yes to me no, but then i a simple man one that does not need, nor use, or rely on tech. to find his way.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

But there is nothing stating that its abnormal for the area of the buoy to melt like that, and there is nothing I could find to support the claims of the blogger. Obviously they are buoys because the areas do at times melt into water. If that were not the case they would have just placed a permanent structure there.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

well 70 Deg it will be where is was 30 Deg in the winter where it was summer warm air there will be snow. when or better to ask how soon this i do not know but go back in time where there is snow was once jungle, rain forests, and tropical.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

true I was just point out a nice pic, and posting a real link to north pole.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by Fromabove

Yet the most amazing thing is what happens there during the winter months. The lake disappears and becomes solid ice. Simply amazing.

Thee is no global warming, or man made climate change as they like to call it now. It's all got to do with the sun and it comes and goes in cycles.

You are being so ignorant of the BIG PICTURE!

This is the first time I see a lake at the North Pole. All other melts I have ever seen of ice breaking up to show water between the ice cubes floating in the water.

If you look at my second post you can clearly see that more and more ice is melting. Over that span of time, the North Pole is much smaller now.

Once again, try to think of the implications of such a climate changing issue please.

Ok its the first time YOU see a lake at the north pole... but apparently the people that put a BUOY there seem to be pretty familiar with lakes in the north pole...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

OP, do you have any idea what the conditions in the Artic were like before the 'official' start of satellite era sea ice measurements?

This is the graph the IPCC included in its first climate report. Although there is reliable data from before 1979 ( the new 'official' start date), the graphic has been left out of all subsequent reports.

IPCC

Since about 1976 the areal extent of sea-ice in the Northern Hemisphere has varied about a constant climatological level but in 1972-1975 sea-ice extent was significantly less. In the Southern Hemisphere since about 1981, sea-ice extent has also varied about a constant level. Between 1973 and 1980 there were periods of several years when Southern Hemisphere sea-ice extent was either appreciably more than or less than that typical in the 1980s.

From the memory hole

Honest question, have you ever spent a sufficient amount of time to research the subject at hand? I'm asking, because i'm confident you wouldn't have posted this thread in good conscience if you had.

... and even deeper down the memory hole

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Just to put your concerns in context, if the sea ice melt was some unprecedented catastrophe, then we would be seeing sea levels rise, coastal flooding, women and children dying, general chaos at the beach. That isn't happening. I suggest doing a bit of unbiased research to see if this perhaps is a normal event as it appears to be.

The climate will change back to cold in winter time. The water will turn back to ice, and someone will make a thread just like this in July of 2014. The world as we know it will end, but most likely not tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Other parts of the North Pole are actually growing with ice.You could say that the caps are migrating by melting in some places and hardening in others.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Looks like I have a new place to go fishing.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Doesn't matter If it is caused by the sun or man made, If the climate changes drastically we will have real life problems.
Floods, diseases and death, countless people displaced, the cost to the world economy.
People arguing If it is man made or not isn't the issue it's what may happen in the future to us all.

You also could say it doesn't matter if you get lung cancer by smoking or just by that.
It does matter if you could avoid it if smoking was the cause.
And sure you die anyways, but lets say man is the main cause of global warming.
As someone the main cause was smoking for lung cancer.
But then that smoker just says; it wasn't the smoking, I couldn't help it! it happens! (which could be but the docters say otherwise) but still it's hard too prove it was smoking!
Who knows howlong that guy could have lived longer without grasping to air as he now does where his family suffers as well.

But yea just say as many say (not saying you); I'm 100% sure it's just the sun or just something what happens 'what we do or not'. But the scientists (as that docter) says otherwise, so even when being diagnosed he keeps on smoking and does not belief it for 1 second.
The doctor just shakes his head, you can't help him. He keeps saying I know someone who has gotten lung cancer and he never smoked! So it can't be for me as well that that was the main cause.

At least for him he doesn't make other people sick or he must have smoked near allot of other people all the time..

But yea it's like a government we hate; what you gonna do? you voted 20 times on someone else and nothing changed, only got worse. You don't smoke but everyone is, and they even smoke more and more! You say they shouldn't but you also know you need that car for you work, you also can't do without.
So even when you do something about global warming it doesn't matter anything really, there are 6 billion people (factory's, cars, boats, processing of meat and you name it, and there are only coming more of those each year!).

Still it's bad/sad/shamefull when they also say; it can't be us for 100% certainty that man is the main factor with the current climate change (which has set it in motion but this time not just the normal/natural cycle).
We could have gotten a stable climate for thousands if not tens ot thousands of years (or even way more!) in the future if we didn't changed so much in such a short time (such heavy smokers are a rare sight and never seen before.
And basicly everyone is smoking in the room where they are all in, you can quit but the room is still filled with lots of smoke wich gets even worse with each day...
In that case you might perhaps just smoke as well, it doesn't matter much in this case as it's with the case of global warming today but just don't say; it's not smoking which is making us ill and makes us die faster with 100% certainty..
edit on 25-7-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As the bowshock study revealed.

www.physics.usyd.edu.au...

The Sol system has entered a region of higher density intersteller medium (clouds) then previously experienced. This has added friction to the system and increased solar heat system wide. Planetary bodies are all experience a "warming" trend currently not just Earth.

As Earth heats, the permafrost layer of the surface in the Northern countries (Canada, Russia, Greenland) has begun to thaw. Stored in this layer is frozen methane hydrates. As the permafrost thaws, the methane gas is released from its frozen state. Massive amounts of methane gas has been released in the North polar region.

www.independent.co.uk...

Methane is the greatest accelerator to planetary warming trends scientists have identified thus far. This is a natural compounding of the issue facing mankind today.

At the end of the day, the Solar system is hotter due to reasons totally beyond the control of mankind. Sol is traveling through space 600,000 miles an hour and throughout her history has traveled through areas of differing interstellar medium densities resulting in major cliamte shifts in the past, present and future.

For us on Earth, we must address these changes truthfully, and united. The one thing Earth didn't have in past major shifts is a species upon it that naturally divides itself for personal selfish gain possessing the technology to destroy all life on Earth 40 times over. What will mankind do when only selfless giving and cooperation can save us from ourselves? Changes result in added pressure, will mankind crack, or turn into diamonds?

God Bless,
edit on 25-7-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And in 20 years we can look at the pictures of the ice at the NP getting bigger. It is a natural process that has happened since long before man got here, and will continue long after we are gone. My GMC Yukon did not contribute to this, but I'm sure there are some very happy plants out there... very thankful for the CO2 that I provide them.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Current satellite image doesn't show an ice free North Pole;

arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...

Sea ice coverage seems to be recovering nicely from its 2007 nadir.

South polar sea ice is trending steadily upwards too.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

True, BUT this particular cycle has been greatly affected by all the chemical pollutants we've pumped into our atmosphere.
Yes, cooling and warming is natural, but when humans add to the recipe, its uncharted waters.

Pollutants affect local environments, but has no effect on the global temperatures. BTW, CO2 is NOT a pollutant, and neither does it cause the "massive warming claimed by the AGW crowd".

Some people keep calling these changes "unprecedented", and those same people are completely ignorant to the fact that similar, and even WORSE climate Changes have happened in the past and all humans and animals can do is adapt.

Stop the damn God complex by some people who think they know how to fight against nature, the Earth, the Solar System, the Sun, the entire Galaxy and even the entire Universe... Sorry to rain in your parade but YOU CAN'T FIGHT THESE HIGHER FORCES...

The Arctic and Antarctic have been free of ice on more than one occasion, and life continued to exist.

In a similar event, the Medieval Warm Period, the Arctic glaciers receded/melted so much that the Vikings were able to settle closer, and closer to the pole. They were able to farm in lands that previously would not allow them to do so because they were covered in ice. They were also able to navigate the Arctic and we have even found evidence of these voyages. But hey, the Vikings must have caused that Climate Change with all their puffing and huffing exhaling CO2 from their lungs...

edit on 25-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
think this helps explain in more detail what has been happening and where we are at now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join