It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the African American People

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by undo

Blacks have PTSD because their great great great great grand daddy's were slaves?

How friggin moronic is such a statement? They live in the conditions that they do because they chose to do so, nothing more, nothing less. Notice they are the only race that blames others for their failures, and never takes responsibility for their own actions? Mexican immigrants who can't even speak English come from generational poverty and racial abuse in Mexico to pick fruit or sweep floors or do back breaking work in the USA and hardly complain one bit. Their kids go on to be successful and integrated into society. Same goes for the millions of Asian immigrants. How? Why? Because their families demand it, encourage and expect that their children will be better than they were themselves.

Blacks? No .. they promote the complete opposite, their cultural leaders tell them to blame others and expect to be given something for nothing. It's ingrained into their minds that they are victims from birth and entitled to reparations for something that never happened to them personally.

No one is holding the African community back but the African community.

You're merely speaking on the topical view, however it goes much deeper which I'm undecided as to whether I'll waste the time explaining.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by undo

I live in GA and to my astonishment I have to say that it seems that in my welfare run majority blacks town people are pretty happy about how they go with their lives be white, black or pink.

Nobody around here is claiming anything unless the welfare checks are late and they can not do their trips to Wall mart. Is interesting that the Zimmerman case of racial tensions have not even touch our town at all, yes Atlanta had some half arse protest but that was it.

I guess the best healing around my neck of the woods is to take the burden of the welfare weight out of the backs (African Americans) on the working class and tax payers and put the welfare recipients on some good jobs so they can be productive.

But as usual no politician knows how to accomplish that, is better to have the blacks (African American) on welfare than provide them with jobs.

God figure.
because even the illegal immigrants around here have jobs.
edit on 24-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

I guess the majority of your town (I know it isn't a city) is black and thus the majority are on welfare? I know you aren't insinuating that blacks outnumber whites on welfare?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

The fact remains that the war focused on slavery. The fact remains that slavery ended once and for all after the war. The debt was paid with blood. As for southern succession, yes, they wanted out, but it was because of slavery.

Its funny how the focus shifted to "freeing the slaves" 3 years into it.

And if freeing the slaves was the main goal, and all men are created equal, why did it take another 100 years for them to get basic civil rights? Even in northern cities?

Many of them migrated to the urban north after the war only to find that it was just as racist and unforgiving as the post war south. And to find that slavery existed in the north as well, just as wage slaves. People were paid just enough to have a roof over their head and maybe something to eat but in reality had no more rights than the common southern slave.

Blacks served in the confederate army because they were promised freedom. Also, some had misguided loyalty to their white masters.

www.stonewallbrigade.com...

Its easy for people to assume that. Here is a good article on the subject. The truth is not so black and white (no pun intended) as that.

The motivation of black Confederates was to protect their homeland with a faith of what the future could be. By 1860 there were 500,000 free blacks in the United States, the vast majority in the South.

Black Confederate loyalty was pervasive and real. American historians failed to recognize this loyalty. "By the summer of 1861 Southern blacks who supported and allied themselves with the Confederacy were looking to volunteer" [22]. Despite the Confederate government's refusal to admit blacks in the army, six Southern states did so otherwise, mostly consisting of state militias. Eyewitness accounts by officers in the Federal army offer some evidence of African American participation on the battlefields for the South. Records show that New York officers on patrol reported they were attacked near New Market, Virginia, by Confederate cavalry and a group of 700-armed blacks on December 22, 1861. The Northerners killed six of the blacks before retreating; officers later swore out affidavits that they were attacked by blacks and later complained: "If they fight with Negroes, why should we not fight with them too?" [23]

It is often forgotten that while slavery was among the major causes of the Civil War, its abolition was not the original goal of the North. President Lincoln sated he didn't want to interfere with slavery in the states where it already existed. Many Federal soldiers felt the same way, proclaiming if the war was one turned into a fight for abolitionism they would stop fighting.

Slavery was well on its way to dying out in the South. Thats just something else the history books don't want you to know about becasue it does not fit in with the perception they want people to have of nobly freeing the slaves.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Fromabove

preaching to the choir friend. everything you're suggesting is not the point of this thread. this thread is not about racism, it's not about reverse racism. it's not about white guilt. it's not about liberalism or conservatism. it's about millions of people in our inner cities, suffering with trauma from living in war zones every day of their lives.

I guess then your title should maybe have read, "Healing the inner city war plight suffered by blacks and whites." But I guess I misunderstood when you were singing the suffering of the African-American and had posted a video about black shooting victims and the lack of police presence to save them.

i explain further how i have developed a pretty well researched theory, that the reason they are not pulling themselves up by their boot strings is because 1) there's nothing to pull themselves up to (no businesses stay for long and most are in china now anyway) and 2) generational trauma, which farks ya up big time

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

preaching to the choir friend. everything you're suggesting is not the point of this thread. this thread is not about racism, it's not about reverse racism. it's not about white guilt. it's not about liberalism or conservatism. it's about millions of people in our inner cities, suffering with trauma from living in war zones every day of their lives.

I guess then your title should maybe have read, "Healing the inner city war plight suffered by blacks and whites." But I guess I misunderstood when you were singing the suffering of the African-American and had posted a video about black shooting victims and the lack of police presence to save them.

i explain further how i have developed a pretty well researched theory, that the reason they are not pulling themselves up by their boot strings is because 1) there's nothing to pull themselves up to (no businesses stay for long and most are in china now anyway) and 2) generational trauma, which farks ya up big time

Ok, let's say this is all true. We know that inner cities stink. So what do you do. Or, what would I do? I tell you a success story from the city. So here goes. And it's a true story.

I lived in the city downtown area and worked as a part time food prep in a local pasta shop at 3 dollars and 50 cents an hour. I lived in a one room apartment that shared a bathroom with 25 other units like mine. We shared the shower and washing machine as well. We had violence, rapes, killings and all that stuff. My future was bleak. So, what did I do?

I took out a grant for college and went back to school. I started my own business and currently make about 100K a year, sometimes more depending on the trade. I own a house and rent apartments and I have two cars. And it's not in the city.

I tell you this because if a person is going to be somebody they have to shake off the race chains that hold them, and the economic poverty that chains them no matter if you're black or white. Then work hard and be somebody. Make yourself something people would like to be, then turn around and help others do the same, which btw is what I do.

So poverty and race bondage is just a thing of the mind. It's a chain. break the chain and be free. Change the thinking and success is up ahead.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by searching411

In my neck of the woods welfare is a way of life, the people in it have been on it since welfare got established is generations of people that only knows how to ride the system and have become experts on it.

Sadly is not only African Americans that do this but also whites and Hispanics other ethnics groups like Indians and Asians are mostly business owners around my neck of the woods.

God figure.

Are they on welfare because there aren't any jobs in that little town?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

cool story.
now we just need to have more like it, all across the board.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What is "generational trauma" and why did the Irish--arguably one of the most abused ethnic subgroups in Western Europe and (for a long time) America recover from it so well?

What about the Jewish people with "generational trauma" that goes back thousands of years? They seem to recover very well as well.

I understand sympathy for people in a bad plight but I do not agree with this concept of "generational" trauma. Although I am sad and even angry at times that some of my forebears suffered in concentration camps, but I did not suffer "trauma" from that--got plenty of that myself form Afghanistan and Iraq and Kosovo.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

You and I are in complete agreement on this. I really wish people could understand it. No one helped me out. No one gave me a thing, not cared about me. It takes determination and effort but it can be done. And I know there are other success stories out there that are on the ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

reply to post by searching411

In my neck of the woods welfare is a way of life, the people in it have been on it since welfare got established is generations of people that only knows how to ride the system and have become experts on it.

Sadly is not only African Americans that do this but also whites and Hispanics other ethnics groups like Indians and Asians are mostly business owners around my neck of the woods.

God figure.

Are they on welfare because there aren't any jobs in that little town?

From what I've seen, they're on welfare because it's easier. I know of a man who lost his job, used up all of his unemployment (never looking for a job) and then went on SSI for life, at 39 years old. It's that easy for some to just suck on the milk of big government. Not everyone, but quite a few.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

okay, imagine the concentration camps were going on now, and that the nation's leaders had learned how to make it socially acceptable that the people inside the camps were no longer prisoners of the camps but didn't leave as the camps were the only homes they knew. and to blame everyone else for their predicament, so the leaders wouldn't have to take personal responsibility for the dilemma. it's a massive human rights issue, i mean of epic proportions.

now that's not to say this kinda thing does not happen to impoverished groups of various races all over the world. but this isn't all over the world. this is right here in the usa. and it isn't in the hills of tennessee. it's in squashed together living quarters with rampant violence, an every day event. day after day.

soon the whole country may look like that and wouldn't hurt for everyone to be aware of what it does to you, personally, and how to dig yourself out of it. the inner city black community needs new leaders. the ones they have in there now are opportunists who use isolated every day occurences to wrangle up further trauma to the people there. this has got to be corrected.

only way i can think of, for starters anyway, is for the people of the usa to express an outpouring of love for black americans as we did for the egyptians.

edit on 25-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
more funds/opportunities, etc are available for minorities (non-white). if parents choose not to involve themselves with their children's education and choose to raise their children with the belief that "they are entitled" then nothing changes for the generations in the future. blacks are victims because they choose to be victims. successful blacks/hispanic/indians got an education and installed themselves in the workforce. these minorities also marry and raise families together. they install morals and work ethics in their children. america is not the only nation that practices slavery. get over it. options are available, take advantage of them and stop being the whinning minority.
Agree completely. Its the culture that has to change. There are several groups of very successful minority immigrants in the US though they didn't go through slavery but definitely discrimination of some form similar to the Irish, WOPS, Chinese etc. The key is to educate and encourage the next generation to do better which many families fail to do. Its the weaker social fabric that we have been weaving since WWII heavily influenced with radicalism and liberalism (mainly through the use of MSM) that is decaying the society as we know it. One such pillar is the education system. We can always dive into other pillars of the society on this thread if needed be.
edit on 25-7-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
To add onto this. If Blacks are so held back, what about those that uave successfully pulled themselves from poverty, Oprah, Ursula Burns, Madam CJ Walker, the first American (and Black at that) female millionaire, Kenneth Frazier. I got these names from a quick 10 second search on google. But people aren't interested in how these folks got to where they are, its to hard they think to themselves, so they instead look up stories of poverty and rwlate to that instead of trying to make it themselves.

Lets move onto the rappers and hip hop artists who claim the ghetto they love so much? They capitalize on the conditions of the people who now live there, but do little if anything to help pull them out. Why do you me and mine to pay for your current oiving conditions when Im not much better off than you, but continue to buy your rapper icons music and support him by listening to his music?

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by undo

Blacks have PTSD because their great great great great grand daddy's were slaves?

How friggin moronic is such a statement? They live in the conditions that they do because they chose to do so, nothing more, nothing less. Notice they are the only race that blames others for their failures, and never takes responsibility for their own actions? Mexican immigrants who can't even speak English come from generational poverty and racial abuse in Mexico to pick fruit or sweep floors or do back breaking work in the USA and hardly complain one bit. Their kids go on to be successful and integrated into society. Same goes for the millions of Asian immigrants. How? Why? Because their families demand it, encourage and expect that their children will be better than they were themselves.

Blacks? No .. they promote the complete opposite, their cultural leaders tell them to blame others and expect to be given something for nothing. It's ingrained into their minds that they are victims from birth and entitled to reparations for something that never happened to them personally.

No one is holding the African community back but the African community.

edit on 25-7-2013 by chuck258 because: completely dicked that post up

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

stop the mind control for at least a generation or 2
identify and remove any promoters of institutionalized racism, as they intentionally promote divisions and violence.
what's that? no such thing? really?

He explained that the companies we work for had invested millions into the building of privately owned prisons and that our positions of influence in the music industry would actually impact the profitability of these investments. I remember many of us in the group immediately looking at each other in confusion. At the time, I didn’t know what a private prison was but I wasn't the only one. Sure enough, someone asked what these prisons were and what any of this had to do with us. We were told that these prisons were built by privately owned companies who received funding from the government based on the number of inmates. The more inmates, the more money the government would pay these prisons. It was also made clear to us that since these prisons are privately owned, as they become publicly traded, we’d be able to buy shares. Most of us were taken back by this. Again, a couple of people asked what this had to do with us. At this point, my industry colleague who had first opened the meeting took the floor again and answered our questions. He told us that since our employers had become silent investors in this prison business, it was now in their interest to make sure that these prisons remained filled. Our job would be to help make this happen by marketing music which promotes criminal behavior, rap being the music of choice. He assured us that this would be a great situation for us because rap music was becoming an increasingly profitable market for our companies, and as employee, we’d also be able to buy personal stocks in these prisons. Immediately, silence came over the room. You could have heard a pin drop. I remember looking around to make sure I wasn't dreaming and saw half of the people with dropped jaws. My daze was interrupted when someone shouted, “Is this a f****** joke?” At this point things became chaotic. Two of the men who were part of the “unfamiliar” group grabbed the man who shouted out and attempted to remove him from the house. A few of us, myself included, tried to intervene. One of them pulled out a gun and we all backed off. They separated us from the crowd and all four of us were escorted outside. My industry colleague who had opened the meeting earlier hurried out to meet us and reminded us that we had signed agreement and would suffer the consequences of speaking about this publicly or even with those who attended the meeting. I asked him why he was involved with something this corrupt and he replied that it was bigger than the music business and nothing we’d want to challenge without risking consequences. We all protested and as he walked back into the house I remember word for word the last thing he said, “It’s out of my hands now. Remember you signed an agreement.” He then closed the door behind him. The men rushed us to our cars and actually watched until we drove off.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation"
www.hiphopisread.com...

quite a few threads on this here

which leads to this
More Black Men In The Prison System Today Than Slaves in 1850! The Secret To Our Success

In the 1980's, as manufacturing and textile jobs were being taken out of these communities and shipped overseas to China, Taiwan, Haiti and beyond, there was a desperate need to create new jobs as America entered into a deep recession. The answer? Build more prisons!

Thus the mass construction of prisons began around the country all the while Nancy Reagan was whispering in children's ears to "just say no." And the only way to keep the prisons open twenty four hours a day was to have a "no vacancy" on the window. And the best way to have a steady stream of customers was to create "scare-the-#-out-of-you" mandatory minimum sentence drug laws that forced anyone in their right mind to take a plea bargain. So throughout the 80's ad 90's, that is precisely what America did. We targeted the most vulnerable, the ones who we knew would take that plea, because going to trial would be too costly to the state. And where did we find these great customers? In poor, urban communities. Yes, you guessed it! Black people! First-time, non-violent offenders, most of whom were addicts, would appear before the judge and face 15-to-life, 25-to-life sentences if they went to trial OR eighteen months if they took that plea bargain. So, just like a slave plantation, these men (mostly men at that time) would be shipped off to rural communities all across America, warehoused in these colossal cement structures, stripped of their voting rights, given penny paying jobs working for major corporations and forgotten about. When they returned home to their communities after serving time, these addicts were now hardened criminals, forced to learn a tough demeanor behind the barbed wire in order to survive. Back in the "hood," they wreaked havoc upon the community, teaching the young men how to hold guns, hold dope and take plea bargains. The viscous cycle of the prison industrial complex was birthed.

reminds me of this:
Willie_Lynch_letter_The_Making_of_a_Slave
www.finalcall.com...

I HAVE A FULL PROOF METHOD FOR CONTROLLING YOUR BLACK SLAVES. I guarantee every one of you that, if installed correctly, IT WILL CONTROL THE SLAVES FOR AT LEAST 300 HUNDREDS YEARS. My method is simple. Any member of your family or your overseer can use it. I HAVE OUTLINED A NUMBER OF DIFFERENCES AMONG THE SLAVES; AND I TAKE THESE DIFFERENCES AND MAKE THEM BIGGER. I USE FEAR, DISTRUST AND ENVY FOR CONTROL PURPOSES. These methods have worked on my modest plantation in the West Indies and it will work throughout the South. Take this simple little list of differences and think about them. On top of my list is “AGE,” but it’s there only because it starts with an “a.” The second is “COLOR” or shade. There is INTELLIGENCE, SIZE, SEX, SIZES OF PLANTATIONS, STATUS on plantations, ATTITUDE of owners, whether the slaves live in the valley, on a hill, East, West, North, South, have fine hair, course hair, or is tall or short. Now that you have a list of differences, I shall give you an outline of action, but before that, I shall assure you that DISTRUST IS STRONGER THAN TRUST AND ENVY STRONGER THAN ADULATION, RESPECT OR ADMIRATION. The Black slaves after receiving this indoctrination shall carry on and will become self-refueling and self-generating for HUNDREDS of years, maybe THOUSANDS. Don’t forget, you must pitch the OLD black male vs. the YOUNG black male, and the YOUNG black male against the OLD black male. You must use the DARK skin slaves vs. the LIGHT skin slaves, and the LIGHT skin slaves vs. the DARK skin slaves. You must use the FEMALE vs. the MALE, and the MALE vs. the FEMALE. You must also have white servants and overseers [who] distrust all Blacks. But it is NECESSARY THAT YOUR SLAVES TRUST AND DEPEND ON US. THEY MUST LOVE, RESPECT AND TRUST ONLY US. Gentlemen, these kits are your keys to control. Use them. Have your wives and children use them, never miss an opportunity. IF USED INTENSELY FOR ONE YEAR, THE SLAVES THEMSELVES WILL REMAIN PERPETUALLY DISTRUSTFUL. Thank you gentlemen.”

treaties with the natives often included clauses that they give up any escaped slaves among them and any future ones that show up
simultaneously black men were given a few little privileges
for killing natives en.wikipedia.org...

we see the same divisory tactics wherein, blacks are set against asians and latinos
with muslims for everybody to hate

nowadays we even see the spectacle of white supremacists and bigots
backing a latino, a mestizo for killing a black kid.

and the institution will endure
until it is acknowledged and destroyed.

then, the healing can begin.
edit on 25-7-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Interesting old interview!

Morgan Freeman says "Black History" is American History. Mike Wallace: "So how do we end racism" , Morgan Freeman: "Stop talking about it." How do you feel about "Black History Month"?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

holey rusted metal, batman!
gee thanks for thoroughly depressing me.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All I know is I didnt do s #it. I didnt own any slaves, a farm with slaves either. So for people to still scream about what my white ancestors did is a huge pile of horses #it. We werent even born, thought of or even generated in any form or way.

So I dont need to heal s# it. I love everyone. No matter what your skin color is if you are an a## hole, you are an a $$ hole. PERIOD. I dont need to say sorry, be extra nice or give anyone any special treatment, espically if they are black.

So this stupid guilt thing is one half of the problem. The other half is that victim mentality. So I think its time to MOVE THE FCUK ON!
edit on 25-7-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
What about those hundreds of thousands of White Union soldiers who died to end slavery?

You are right. Hundreds of thousands of white folks died to end slavery.
An ancestor of mine died at Sharpsburg.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Exactly. Like I said ... you can't force people to change. They have to WANT to.
And the inner city people don't want to change. If they did want to change,
they wouldn't be pumping out so many father-less welfare babies, but instead
they'd be going to school and making an effort to make things better.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join