It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Massive Fire Reported In The Basement At The JP Morgan Gold Warehouse On Wall Street, 20 F

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

They sent only two fire trucks to deal with the (carefully controlled) fire.

The other eighteen were fakes to carry the gold away in.

Boom..!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wonder if this massive gold ''sell off'' has something to do with ''Gold backwardation'' as mentioned in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Karen Hudes speakes about gold backwardation going to happen probably in a few weeks at the start of this month.

Explantion about gold backwardation:
www.thedailybell.com...

Antal Fekete: The price of gold is headed for extinction. I for one don't believe that the price of gold is headed for five digits. Long before that might happen, permanent backwardation* would shut down the gold futures markets. Gold could no longer be purchased at any price. Gold would only be available through barter. World trade is facing an avalanche-like transformation flattening out monetary economy into barter economy. Practically all economists, financial writers and market analysts have missed this possible scenario. They don't see the greatest economic contraction ever staring them in the face. They don't see the coming tsunami of unemployment. Very few see deflation as indicated by the progressive disappearance of cash gold. It never occurred to Bernanke that the new Federal Reserve notes he is printing galore could also go to purchase physical gold, causing the gold basis to shrink. Once the gold basis* goes permanently negative, the total U.S. debt, all $16 trillion of it, will not be worth one ounce of gold. That will pull the rug from underneath the international monetary system. Barter is the ultimate in deflation, and that is what the world economy is getting.

edit on 21-7-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

There was a Tweet from @FDNY confirming there was a fire in a commercial vault. Anytime there is a structural fire it is reported in the news and yes the mainstream news.

yeah and there was also a tweet a hour later saying it was under control....

again....

this is not a news worthy story.

and who are you to say what is news worthy, and what is not? every day on mainstream news i see some fluff news about a cute animal or an old person that does somthing out of the norm, are those news worthy? I ask, since you seem to be the self proclaimed messiah on what should be news and what shouldnt.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Well said good sir.

I knew I couldn't be the only one who finds it frustrating to be told what to think.

On a conspiracy site to boot.

Besides which - the fact that mainstream sources didn't pick up this story immediately means that some layers of information control were enforced.

"Computer? Why aren't you allowing me to upload my story?"

"Reuters says NO"

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

no a non story is the trayvon-zimmerman story. This has direct conection to the higher ups, this is at least worth looking into.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Thanks for the information - this is what I like, finding those gems of knowledge!.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
I wonder if this massive gold ''sell off'' has something to do with ''Gold backwardation'' as mentioned in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Karen Hudes speakes about gold backwardation going to happen probably in a few weeks at the start of this month.

Explantion about gold backwardation:
www.thedailybell.com...

Antal Fekete: The price of gold is headed for extinction. I for one don't believe that the price of gold is headed for five digits. Long before that might happen, permanent backwardation* would shut down the gold futures markets. Gold could no longer be purchased at any price. Gold would only be available through barter. World trade is facing an avalanche-like transformation flattening out monetary economy into barter economy. Practically all economists, financial writers and market analysts have missed this possible scenario. They don't see the greatest economic contraction ever staring them in the face. They don't see the coming tsunami of unemployment. Very few see deflation as indicated by the progressive disappearance of cash gold. It never occurred to Bernanke that the new Federal Reserve notes he is printing galore could also go to purchase physical gold, causing the gold basis to shrink. Once the gold basis* goes permanently negative, the total U.S. debt, all $16 trillion of it, will not be worth one ounce of gold. That will pull the rug from underneath the international monetary system. Barter is the ultimate in deflation, and that is what the world economy is getting.

edit on 21-7-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

bartering on a global scale will not happen, it can't work...and, if I want to buy some groceries for my family, I don't want to haul sack loads of barter goods to trade...there is a reason money has been around for a long, long, time, and will remain so. also, the wealthy will still control everything, they own the vast majority of the arable land on this planet, making them kings and dictators then, rather than the billionaire investors they are now......I'm not advocating a communism way of life, it didn't work, but income has to be shared on a more equitable and massive scale than what we are used to today.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
Here is a video:

just remember this. melting temperature for gold, 1,064 °C 1947.52 °F

Gold is also one of the least reactive elements, so if it goes "missing" It wasn't destroyed, and melted gold is still gold. Pretty interesting so many engines showed up.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

I can't find any other reporting on this story but 20+ firetrucks? Really?! Was it just a massive fire or over reaction?

For real! Sounds more like The Gold Rush than fire-squelching. ("Dere's gold in dem dere hills vaults, Leroy!")

On a serious note-- what good is a bank vault if it is not fire-proof? Geez.
edit on 7/21/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

To be fair, fire in New York is much hotter and more devastating than anywhere else in the world since 2001. It is known.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

and who are you to say what is news worthy, and what is not? every day on mainstream news i see some fluff news about a cute animal or an old person that does somthing out of the norm, are those news worthy? I ask, since you seem to be the self proclaimed messiah on what should be news and what shouldnt.

Well if you are one of those people who think that every office fire should be reported in the MSN then i guess i don't really have much of a retort to that statement......

FDNY it seems had the whole thing under control and the only person who seems to think that it was some kind of big deal was the guy behind the camera.

Also I would direct your question right back at you, who are you to say that this story IS newsworthy?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One day, people with smarts will realize that you can't eat gold.

Just sayin'....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Maybe some plane jet fuel got down there and the intense heat generated was only just enough to melt the gold and do no secondary damage?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow... there's still no new news about this. This is scary..

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well if you are one of those people who think that every office fire should be reported in the MSN then i guess i don't really have much of a retort to that statement......

FDNY it seems had the whole thing under control and the only person who seems to think that it was some kind of big deal was the guy behind the camera.

Also I would direct your question right back at you, who are you to say that this story IS newsworthy?

Ill answer your boomeranged question when you answer mine of which you so eloquently dodged, have you ever thought of running for office?

This wasn't an office fire at your local lawyers or insurance agency office space. This happened to be a fire at a place that has direct connection to world powers, the world banking system and a very rich family so for you to claim it as another office fire is odd. Why do you just claim this to be just another office fire? PLease answer my first question before you answer this one.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

edit on 21-7-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It really pisses me off that the media stations like CNN, FOX, etc. are not even writing about this, but the story about the lady who fell off a roller coaster in Texas is making headline news... God I hate the MSM.

Prime Exampe of CNN right now
edit on 21-7-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Is JP Morgan moving his gold around again??? not a good sign

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
It really pisses me off that the media stations like CNN, FOX, etc. are not even writing about this, but the story about the lady who fell off a roller coaster in Texas is making headline news... God I hate the MSM.

Prime Exampe of CNN right now
edit on 21-7-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

A mother falling off the biggest roller-coaster at one of the country's biggest theme parks while sat next to her child is probably bigger news than a small, controlled fire in a vault. Is the fire worth a mention? Maybe. It's not headline worthy though.

Get a grip.

edit on 21-7-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't comment much.

But it appears you are trolling and I'm calling it out.

You say -

'Well if you are one of those people who think that every office fire should be reported in the MSN then i guess i don't really have much of a retort to that statement...... "

How in the world can you possibly say "every office fire"?

What if it were the White House? - just another office fire?

A good portion of the world"s gold is right there.

Coincidence maybe, but this is not just any old office fire.

This is something that should be paid attention to and noted, if we were in the business of looking out for people.
edit on 7/21/2013 by csulli456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

I completely disagree with you. One person dying at an amusement park isn't that big of a deal, I'm sorry... But a fire in a gold vault, where gold could go missing (which would have huge implications) is a much bigger story... But we don't need to agree here. You think its no big deal, I think this could be something with the media blackout were seeing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join