It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Massive Fire Reported In The Basement At The JP Morgan Gold Warehouse On Wall Street, 20 F

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

I believe you're right.

Now, they aren't done with Egypt yet - Egypt MUST accept the IMF loan and enslavement -

The US gov't is such a bunch of greedy, stupid, destroying douchebags.......

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by fleabit
One day, people with smarts will realize that you can't eat gold.

Just sayin'....

Yup, trading with rocks is silly to me. I'm for a credit system. There is the infrastructure for it. I know, it's a pipe dream, but I'm still for it.

You cannot eat paper currency either.

There is a purpose of currency. This purpose is to facilitate trade.

Gold was used as a currency as "you get something of value when you give something of value". Gold has always been considered something of value by all cultures.

Gold stocks are limited as it is a rare metal. So you cannot use gold like paper currency which you can print till last tree standing (there are a lot of trees to make paper).

Paper currency is fine if there are rules to limit printing of paper currency. Unfortunately United States has decided to flout rules that it created by monetary easing or paying debts by creating money. US dollars have been an international currency for trade and for paying debts based on the limitations that US imposed on itself in creating the currency. Now everybody is having doubts about US dollar.

The paper currency has to be backed by something of value. That something must be "universally" considered as valuable. These universally accepted valuables are - gold, silver, and fertile land.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

lupin strikes again

edit on 22-7-2013 by RaikiEnki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
On Steve Quayle's site, a person wrote in:

Massive Fire Reported In The Basement At The JP Morgan Gold:FALSE FLAG -

FORMER FIREMAN RESPONDS I WATCHED EVERY VIDEO, EVERY ANGLE. BEING A FIREMAN FOR 9 YEARS HERE IS MY PROBLEM, NOT 1 FIRE TRUCK HAD A HOSE GOING INTO THE BUILDING. ALSO NOT 1 TRUCK WAS HOOKED UP TO A STAG PIPE, WHICH IS FOR YOUR INTERIOR SPRINKLER SYSTEM, THIS IS SOP FOR BUILDING FIRES, YOU ALWAYS HOOK UP TO FEED WATER INTO THE BUILDING FOR SPRINKLER SYSTEM AND HALLWAY HOSES. THOSE HOSES YOU SEE IN THE GLASS BOX IN BUILDINGS. THERE WAS NO SMOKE. NOTHING. UNTIL I SEE DIFFERENT THIS IS A BS FALSE FLAG EVENT. MIKE

I thought it was an interesting take on the event.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Looks like a drill.
Just cars. No stressed fireworkers. Everbody looks like being quite relaxed.

And where's the SMOKE?
Even a burning litter box would produce some kind of smoke. Smoke doesnt stay inside, even if the fire was in the basement.
No smoke, no fire. Just a drill.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I agree that gold as money is not needed in ideal world.

A worldwide central bank can create money based on some rules, and nations can borrow money from this central bank (perhaps at a very low rate, something to cover the cost of creating and maintaining the money).

However this system works only if NO nation prints its own money.

I am all for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

We got it folks! Front row seats for the continued looting of The United States of America. Anyway nevermind, what is the latest with Zimmerman? LMAO! What a #ing joke. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I was on wall street today driving around taking video coincidentally for a project I'm working on. From 2pm to 5pm or so. There was nothing, no firetrucks, no smoke no fire. This has got to be a hoax.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
There was nothing, no firetrucks, no smoke no fire. This has got to be a hoax.

Just a false alarm, which is why there was no smoke, no fire, no police, no hoses set up etc. The OP has obviously never worked in the CBD of a major city, it is a common occurrence.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Great timing.

www.telegraaf.nl...

Translation :

U.S. considering ban commodities trading Commercial Bank of tires WASHINGTON - The U.S. authorities are considering to set up commodity trading by banks a ban. That the Financial Times reported Sunday based sources. Senior officials of the Federal Reserve, the recent weeks have discussed the case with banks. This would put an end to the lucrative trade in include oil and gas by institutions like Barclays, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, wrote the paper.

Federal Reserve would be able to issue a ban for banks to have. Commodities in their possession Consent was incidentally started only after 2003. Trading in commodity contracts would be allowed to continue. According to regulators there might be of interest and competition as banks both physical trading and financial sides of the market held. The financial institutions indicate that commodity trading their understanding of matter and promotes the service to customers increases.

Now im not a Hatefull person , but as anything with JP morgan , i find this highly suspicious.

Trust works both ways , and the way this company operates is not one to trust.

TheGreazel.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
BURN IT ALL DOWN!!!

burn burn burn

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
My only question is how is it still standing? I mean steel framed building collapse when set ablaze in NYC apparently. More fire trucks there then at WTC7. So then will they be using thermite to take the building down just to be safe?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
why are we still going on about this...?

We know that there was a fire in a vault (were JP Morgan does not keep its gold) and we also know that the fire was quickly under control based on the FDNY twitter feed.

The only person who seems to have got over excited about this was the guy who made the YouTube video.

Other than this I really don't see how this is significant in anyway, its just a passing curiosity

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
the basements in buildings I've been in are concrete and steal - when will they learn to go w/ wood - it never burns.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Good i hope they was not insured lol

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
Gold stocks are limited as it is a rare metal. So you cannot use gold like paper currency which you can print till last tree standing (there are a lot of trees to make paper).

There are not only a lot of trees to make paper, but people can actually sow and grow new trees so that explains how they can keep on printing forever theoretically, until the Earth runs out of all resources, hits the sun or is too far away, or the sun produces too few energy because it's burned up - whichever comes first ofcourse.

Which is funny because my father used to tell me how money doesn't grow on trees, implying I should earn my money but well it is made out of trees really or cotton and linen. And ofcourse metals but who goes for that.

The paper currency has to be backed by something of value. That something must be "universally" considered as valuable. These universally accepted valuables are - gold, silver, and fertile land.

That should be a persons time and people can use the concept of time sharing a computer, like one big world clock and calender everyone agrees to and the bosses can support or object the usage of a persons time. With life expectancy of 75, then you get bonuses when you make it beyond that age because you have lived a healthy life. There should still be a point system but it would all be determined by how someone uses his or her time and if that produces money or not or if spending time on something is worth the risk etc.
edit on 22/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Expect the laws of physics to change today as the gold will be "vaporized" by the fire.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If you melt gold, you end up losing some of it anyway during the chemical reaction.

If it is an inside job, I hope they dont think it will disappear completley.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
why are we still going on about this...?

We know that there was a fire in a vault (were JP Morgan does not keep its gold) and we also know that the fire was quickly under control based on the FDNY twitter feed.

The only person who seems to have got over excited about this was the guy who made the YouTube video.

Other than this I really don't see how this is significant in anyway, its just a passing curiosity

Well put.

I did some scanning of the news and then went back to the FDNY tweet. The situation was over within 90 minutes (which would not be the case for a major fire.)

And, as you said, JP Morgan doesn't keep any gold there. The US gold reserves are kept in the Bullion Depository in Ft. Knox: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Probably a drill to protect the building because of a potential for the economy to crash and what could happen in the aftermath.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join