It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i like that very suspenseful

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by joeym1991

Oh please you're grasping at straws. TM's whole defense was based on hypotheticals as well as the race baiting, so you have no point anyway.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by joeym1991

Oh please you're grasping at straws. TM's whole defense was based on hypotheticals as well as the race baiting, so you have no point anyway.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

TM didn't have a defense. He's dead.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
reply to post by neo96

Were people not upset and furious about OJ the Simpson juice man getting off free this GZ case is similar man there was a lot of evidence to prosecute him it was glossed over same in the Oj case sad outcome but it is was it is.

People were kinda dumbfounded. Don't really know of anyone furious except maybe the Goldman family. There certainly were not violent protests or DOJ inverstigations.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Oh my bad, semantics. His defense was the prosecution. You know what I meant.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by seabag I may have experienced hell on earth….you don’t know!

And you don't know what African-Americans have experienced. Why can't you just listen and accept their account in this regard?

They are concerned about profiling. Profiling is a real thing.

I ask you, in all seriousness...what would you have African-Americans tell their children post Zimmerman verdict? They are saying they don't know what to tell their children. Should they run from a stranger who confronts them? Should they stay put for fear of escalating something inadvertently?

Can't run, shouldn't stay. Either way they may well end up dead.

Think of your own children. Try to understand if they faced this scenario. Realistically, what would you say to them?

If you can honestly imagine what that might be like, then you can let go of all of the other extraneous BS associated with the verdict and just look at the implications for Black youth.

They could start with telling their children that if they are being followed and close to home to go inside and stay there. They could dissuade their children from doubling back on someone who had stopped following them and assaulting them (that could lead to them getting shot as we have seen here). They could tell their children that if they are being followed and are scared to call the police instead of calling their girlfriend and making racial comments about the person following them. They could tell their children that if they are walking in the dark in the rain through a neighborhood that they probably shouldn't be walking on peoples porches since that can look suspicious and its also tress passing. There are a lot of things they can tell their children if they actually thought about it. It really comes down to just letting them know that they are responsible for their actions. Bad choices can lead to loss of life it has been that way as long as humans have walked the earth. This is not some groundbreaking case or the first time something like this has happened. "What do I tell my children?" what a dumb excuse. I had no problem talking with my kids after the Sandyhook shootings I told them the truth. This was not about race, a few people in our government, Jesse Jackson, Sharpton and MSM have spun it that way. Hell tell the kids not to believe everything they see on tv or read on the internet.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
reply to post by neo96

Were people not upset and furious about OJ the Simpson juice man getting off free this GZ case is similar man there was a lot of evidence to prosecute him it was glossed over same in the Oj case sad outcome but it is was it is.

i was one of the people that didn't think oj was guilty. i didn't let race stand in the way of my conclusions. i didn't let his past record get in the way, either. i based my view entirely on what the evidence seemed to suggest -- someone tried to frame him. too many really obvious things that tied him to the crime scene, to the point of being absurd. and it appears to me, someone is trying to frame zimmerman to the exclusion of all else and for the same reasons. it seems to me people are letting race cloud their vision.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Guess what? He could have been a SINGLE WHITE FEMALE also, and this entire incident could have been completely IGNORED and come and gone without ANY Media coverage whatsoever!!!! How about that????

How do you FEEL about THAT???? I am seriously interested in HOW the AMERICAN public FEELS about the way WOMEN are treated in the courts, and MEDIA etc. etc... I would LOVE to hear OBAMA's take on that!

edit on 20-7-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

How about his feelings on a FEMALE reporter being dragged off in the middle of an Egyptian protest- torn from her camera man and everyone else she knew in that country, the entire time having her clothes ripped from her body until she reached a back alley, completely naked... then raped by a GANG of protesters until she feared she would NEVER LIVE to tell about it, and feared her children would never see her again, because during her horrific assault, she believed she'd probably NEVER survive or EVER be found!

WHY did Obama NEVER speak about this??? Why did we NEVER hear about how this could have been HIS DAUGHTER?????

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
"Trayvon could of been me" SHOULD of been you. ya punk. jeez he drops some clangers.
bad as his misse's "all this for a flag" comment. real patriotic.
really have the USA's best interest's at heart?. nobama as we call him in the UK is a hypocrite.
As bad as bloody camaren. he's a prick too. and we wonder why were all pi$$ed off.

having an immigration problem USA? join the bloody club.no jobs?us too.

welfare not helping those born and bred in the country it was meant for? yes thought so, same here.

This whole trial stinks of a social engineering experiment. white vs black but zimmerman was hispanic
oh the race thing look how far we've come. divide & conquer.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I've said it once and I'll say it again, why didn't Trayvon Martin simply keep walking straight to his dad's apartment???

Obama needs to sit down and shut up! We have "Dumb" and "Dumber" as prez and veep.

I have absolutely no use for Barry or his puppetmasters. He needs to sit down and shut up!!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well I did wonder about miscarriages of natural justice as opposed to the court version of OJ's trail. Again who in their right mind would want a killer to go free? OJ was not a race thing because I Did not want a killer getting away with it. Chances are slim but I would not want OJ in my house. I do not know if he did it but it looks suspicious. Non of the people here on ATS know if OJ did it.

I repeat the OJ thing was not a race thing but the white bigots immediately jumped in assuming guilt and the black bigots jumped in assuming innocence because the issue of race is the 500lb gorilla in the middle of the room and both sides of the debate take turns in poking it and denouncing the other side's responses..

It seems to me as if white bigots just want to turn the clock back on what steps towards equality have been made but lack the cojones to come out and say so. Black bigots just want to stir it up. White bigots frequent act as if the black community is homogenous which it is not.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It has been over 150 years since the Civil War, why is America still a racist mess? Violence, starting with the most devastating war in America's history, to present day has been part of every little bit of progress the country has made.

WhY?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

The Civil War may have ended but the second phase of treating the blacks like little more than a worker class was only starting across this nation. It was well into the 60' and 70's before White/Negro drinking fountains weren't still available to be seen in some places. It was about the same time that beating blacks down Main Street while running the dogs across them was almost considered sporting by some Southern Sheriffs.

I'd say systemic and institutionalized Racism is all but behind us or as much as it will ever be in life. Individual? Well, it's recent enough to have been systemic to still carry deep inside many individuals. Including our President and First Lady to have heard them speak in unguarded moments going back across the years, IMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NellahB
I've said it once and I'll say it again, why didn't Trayvon Martin simply keep walking straight to his dad's apartment???

Right... because the 'Stand Your Ground' law doesn't apply to TM. (?)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I am an Anglo-American and yet, as a teenager I was once grabbed by a security woman at a Dept. store because she thought I had stolen cosmetics. It is a terrible feeling to be accused of something you didn't do. However, I didn't jump on top of her and start beating her head against the ground. I let her look through my bag so she could see I didn't steal anything. Problem with a some minorities is they think they are the only ones who are accused of things they are not guilty of. No, it happens to Caucasians also. We also feel a cold chill when driving down the street and there is a police car behind us. Even though most cops are probably good people who do their job right, a bad cop can ruin your life so there is always a little bit of fear there.

Whomever raised Trayvon apparently forgot to teach him to use his words instead of using violence. Or perhaps the lesson just didn't stick. But because of this, Trayvon is dead. It is really sad that the issue is being inflamed by the media and the president.

Sal

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Regardless of the agenda, He is right when he says that are still harshly discriminated. Hes keeping it real. These kids don't have father other then the game and their mothers are the streets. When they get locked up instead of showing them love and compassion they turn them into animals if they weren't already.
These kinds of comments do cause racial tension but they also cause racial awareness.
White people commit more crimes than any other race but its usually young black men in jail.
As we all know jails are a corporation so you guys already know what that means.haha even though its not funny.

Another note the streets are getting worse for the youths so they are not going get better. They are going to get worse and its going to catch like wild fire. Instead focusing on whos right and wrong, we should be focusing on how to make it better.

At the end of the day it doe not matter who wins. A child lost his life because of the streets, because of the mind sets being adopted, because education is joke. i can go on but its needs fixing so instead putting the blame lets take responsibility.

edit on 20-7-2013 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The incident was not about race, Martins parents said it was not about race

Investigators said it was not about race.

Obama just legitimized the theory it was about race.

Why?

There are rallies and protest today.

The Rev. Al Sharpton's National Action Network said the goal of the rallies is to urge the Justice Department to consider a federal civil rights prosecution in the death of Trayvon Martin.
www.cnn.com...
George Zimmerman, a Hispanic man, shot the African-American teenager on February 26, 2012. He claimed self-defense, and a Florida jury acquitted him July 13.

the goal of the rallies is to urge the Justice Department to consider a federal civil rights prosecution

Obama is closely aligned with the race baiter/hustler, Sharpton, don't kid yourself.
edit on 073131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The untimely death of Martin is being used to push gun control. They Holder, Obama and friends want to strike down 'Stand Your Ground' laws. It is obvious to me what they are doing, appeal to the herd's emotions to get more restrictive gun laws passed. Just look at all the protests against SYG, their propaganda is working.
I hope the states who have SYG laws will not bend over the FEDs and revolt when ordered to repeal SYG.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
The untimely death of Martin is being used to push gun control. They Holder, Obama and friends want to strike down 'Stand Your Ground' laws. It is obvious to me what they are doing, appeal to the herd's emotions to get more restrictive gun laws passed. Just look at all the protests against SYG, their propaganda is working.
I hope the states who have SYG laws will not bend over the FEDs and revolt when ordered to repeal SYG.

That's pretty odd considering the Martin incident had nothing to do with SYG. Once he assaulted and began beating Zimmerman it was self-defense.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by NellahB

Right... because the 'Stand Your Ground' law doesn't apply to TM. (?)

You don't have the slightest clue what the SYG law protects do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join