It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why yes, I will agree with 0bama. He could have very well been a pot smoking wanna be thug that attacks people from behind.

Makes sense to me,
edit on 20-7-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No one but the frothers are talking about little boy Obama. 35 years ago Obama would have been 17, the same age as Martin and by that age, yes Obama was fully aware how some people reacted to his skin color. And that matters because it's the same as today.

Racial division matters only as much as we allow it to anymore. No one race has more rights than another. And discrimination is not based on Race. Profiling and discrimination go far beyond skin color, like gender, age, nationality, goth, etc. Also speaking from experience there.

A lot of activists protest more than one thing. Trayvon Martin matters period. Not much that Obama does get's past anyone.

I didn't say he didn't matter.

Still, why would they protest his death if the evidence found Zimmerman innocent?

There were no riots or even protests regarding Casey Anthony.

Know why?

Because everyone wants to whine about Race, and Obama is egging them on.

I'm not dismissing those topics in the least, but the OP does because Obama said he can relate to a black teenager, stop everything Obama is race baiting again!

Well... he is.

You really should look up another members post and thread history before making such a damning accusation.

Lol. All those threads you posted are from over two years ago.

I posted a thread two days ago, explaining that, while everyone was distracted by the Zimmerman trial, the NDAA, after being ruled unconstitutional, somehow got signed back into action just a few days ago, behind everyone's back. Please check this thread.

I AM the one who dug that one up.

Nope. Already addressed Oakland. Oakland has some awesome activists, they also have a handful of morons that "will riot if the wind blows in a direction they don't like".

Didn't you make the argument that those actions, being carried out by those idiots, didn't count as rioting?

Looks like rioting to me.

And that's not counting everything that happened in other areas, and the Twitter feed that is STILL blowing up with death threats towards Zimmerman, along with random whites and hispanics.

You've underestimated the ignorance of the people on this one, and Obama's carelessness in emotionally provoking these already crooked people is basically poking the alligator with a stick.
Pretty stupid move.

Unless, of course, he had ulterior motives... like distracting folks from the NDAA, or other things.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You suggested I'd never heard of the NDAA. Yes, I knew about the court decision the other day because I read Chris Hedges site everyday. I also earlier in this thread mentioned something else that the Administration said, that the NSA gathering phone metadata doesn't breach the Constitution therefore cannot be challenged in court. So instead of crying about that, this thread is full of people crying about Obama saying he can identify with a black teenager. All of you making the assertion that Obama is doing this to fuel the emotions of black people, get them rioting... yet the only emotions that seem to be getting stirred are... the only people that seem to be being distracted are... ?

Ironic.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So instead of crying about that, this thread is full of people crying about Obama saying he can identify with a black teenager.

Read this reply

So what way do people want to have it?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

False dilemma.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They want to have it whichever way is politically expedient that particular day.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

False dilemma.

Okay, what are the other possibilities being ignored?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

False dilemma.

Could not have summed up the Potus's remarks any better

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse ruling in favor.

Majority rules

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Want to explain how Obama's statement is a false dilemma?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Want to explain how Obama's statement is a false dilemma?

Maybe because Obama is in fact not Trayvon Martin and didn't have the life he did so his statements are false the only thing they have in common is the color of their skin, that's the point Obama is trying to tell the public....

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
More violent protests, people throwing bottles and rocks into car windows,
just passerbys, innocent people getting attacked and possibly blinded
or what if there are children in the cars? Innocent children could be harmed.

Where are the loud calls for this type of senseless violence to stop?
Obama could put his presidential power behind a strong statement
of antiviolence, but noooooooo. He is too busy fanning the flames.

It is a crime of negligence that this is ignored,
and one of fanning the flames if it is encouraged!
Do they want innocent blood spilled?

A crowd of demonstrators became violent in San Bernardino, Calif., Thursday night they threw rocks at cars while protesting the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, police said.

The San Bernardino Police Department was responding to reports of vandalism when they encountered about 120 protesters. The group began throwing rocks and bottles at passing motorists, police officers and patrol cars, according to a police department press release.

Aerial video showed dozens of demonstrators running from galloping police horses as officers demanded they disperse from the intersection of Baseline and Waterman avenues.
www.nbclosangeles.com...

What is it going to take,innocent people to be killed before these baiters/whiners stop
throwing gasoline?

Is it going to make Jesse Jackson feel better if other people end up dead?
edit on 20-7-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

He was a 17 year old black male 35 years ago.
Are you suggesting he was never profiled?
Never met with racism?
Really?
lol

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i skimmed through these 23 pages, and haven't seen anybody post anything close to this.

obama is 52 now, at 17 he was still in high school dating white girls. there are pictures of him with at least one he took before the prom.

also look at this.

In 1971, Obama returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents, Madelyn and Stanley Dunham, and with the aid of a scholarship attended Punahou School, a private college preparatory school, from fifth grade until his graduation from high school in 1979.[17] Obama lived with his mother and sister in Hawaii for three years from 1972 to 1975 while his mother was a graduate student in anthropology at the University of Hawaii.[18] Obama chose to stay in Hawaii with his grandparents for high school at Punahou

now that's not so bad i mean every one that's interested in school wants to go to the best.

but this is what gets me.

Of his early childhood, Obama recalled, "That my father looked nothing like the people around me—that he was black as pitch, my mother white as milk—barely registered in my mind."[8] He described his struggles as a young adult to reconcile social perceptions of his multiracial heritage.[21] Reflecting later on his years in Honolulu, Obama wrote: "The opportunity that Hawaii offered—to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect—became an integral part of my world view, and a basis for the values that I hold most dear."[22] Obama has also written and talked about using alcohol, marijuana, and coc aine during his teenage years to "push questions of who I was out of my mind".[23] Obama was also a member of the "choom gang", a self-named group of friends that spent time together and occasionally smoked marijuana.[24][25]

from
Barack Obama

then we have this,

hmmmm, i wonder if this has carried on to this day, or if he truly has had a conversion. and doesn't see color.

from fifth grade through his high school graduation in 1979 -- he felt the first stirrings of anger toward whites. He says he also delved into black nationalism.

from
Obama's peers didn't see his angst

i could pull stuff like this all day long.

one thing is certain though, like all politicians, he speaks out of both sides of his mouth, to keep you from seeing what he's doing with his hands.

and this really made me laugh, it's from the second link.

Jeff Cox debated him in junior year. The issue was gun control; Obama took the pro-gun side and waxed him. "I thought my facts were going to prove themselves, and they didn't," Cox said. "Mainly because he was so good at maneuvering and framing the issue in his favor."

so he can take something he says he doesn't like, and make a argument and win, "Mainly because he was so good at maneuvering and framing the issue in his favor."

also here is a article from hawaii's starbulletin, that pretty much says that most of his high school life was pretty stress free.

Punahou left lasting impression on Obama

edit on 20-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think Obama Inc. is in kahootz with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

The 'timing' was impeccable. The day before the big 'protests' agenda.

Obama is very worried about the 2014 elections.

If Republicans get control of both Congressional Chambers, that means impeachment.

This could be the main reason for all the feeble distractions from the very real very big issues (too many to list) that are affecting all American Citizens today.

Obama's 'reputation' is at stake.

Even global warming won't thaw the frost on the brain.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Never met with racism?
Really?
lol

Sure he was 17 once, weren't we all? How do you know he was met with racism? I know nothing of Obama's past, it could all be manufactured as far as I know... You make a lot of assumptions in your arguments that rely heavily on emotions and seem to leave out most of the facts.....

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Right, I'm the emotional one.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Of his early childhood, Obama recalled, "That my father looked nothing like the people around me—that he was black as pitch, my mother white as milk—barely registered in my mind."

Reflecting later on his years in Honolulu, Obama wrote: "The opportunity that Hawaii offered—to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect—became an integral part of my world view, and a basis for the values that I hold most dear.

en.wikipedia.org...

So that woulda been 35 years ago ???

Obama, Trayvon could have been me?

Guess it is registering in his mind now that he can exploit people for his agenda.

edit on 20-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Obama is 51 years old now and he is the President of The United States.

Anyone saying oh, 30 something years he was a victim.... blah blah blah
Thats Nonsense!!!.

Even in the most extreme situation, such as a concentration camp, feeling victimized is not adaptive: Feeling your anger, planning an escape, attempting to survive any and all of these courses of action are preferable to indulging powerless, victimized feelings. Your attitude is a vital factor in determining whether you will survive or perish, succeed or fail in life. Viktor Frankl contended that many of the survivors of German concentration camps were able to endure because they refused to give in to feeling victimized. Instead, although stripped of all their rights and possessions, they used one remaining freedom to sustain their spirit; the freedom to choose what attitude or position they would take in relation to the horror they faced. "It was the freedom to bear oneself ‘this way or that,' and there was a ‘this or that.'" (Frankl, 1954/1967, p. 94)

Truely, I am sure that with his Harvard Law School college education,
he knows this. So why is he 'playing' the role of the victim?

Why is he 'leading' his followers to feel victimized?

Maintaining a child victim role leads to chronic passivity.

Victimized feelings are very often appropriate to the child's situation.

Children are without power, are helpless and are at the mercy of their parents.

Later as an adult, things happen that are sometimes beyond your control and understanding.

However, the adult who is still playing the child victim role responds like the deer that sees a mountain lion approaching and instead of fleeing the danger becomes paralyzed.

This person just keeps noticing over and over that the situation is unreasonable, unfair or threatening but doesn't make the appropriate adaptive responses.

In the case of the woman mentioned above, the tip off to the fact that she really preferred the child victim role was that she never made any substantial attempt to change her circumstances. Like so many of us, she would rather feel justified in complaining endlessly about her unfortunate cir¬cumstances while passively registering her dissatisfaction than actively changing her situation.
www.psychologytoday.com...

So in essence, even by basic understanding of psycology these so called 'leaders'
are serving to further make powerless the poeple they pretend to care so much about.

edit on 20-7-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Never met with racism?
Really?
lol

What I would like to see from the first half black president is calls for peace and unity. Do you really think this is how you fix race tensions. He could care less about fixing anything he wants people to be divided and it is time the black people finally wake up and see they are be played for fools by progressive scum.

It is the same reason Mr. King was killed they knew he would lead them in the right direction. But instead they fell into the progressive trap of hand outs and apathy.
edit on 20-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Even Salon.com is questioning Obama's motives !!!

Salon is a well known ultra Left Wing ding loon site.

When people hold their breath for your imminent words, isn’t it exasperating when you open your mouth, but don’t say much?

Finally the president has spoken about George Zimmerman’s acquittal. Even as the country waited for his singular response – the nation’s leader and a law professor who once looked like Trayvon Martin – the president danced around the issues. And what a dramatic anti-climax, listening to the president refuse to say anything insightful or profound about the acquittal. In signature professorial style, the president gave us the “context” to the episode and to black people’s “pain.” But he didn’t offer a meaningful opinion on the episode’s hot molten core: racial profiling, vigilantism, and “Stand Your Ground” laws.
Obama’s safe, overrated and airy speech

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join