It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Many people hear what these hired commentators for the news state and then just repeat it. Facts, it seems, really don't matter.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Oh my bad, semantics. His defense was the prosecution. You know what I meant.

Actually I didn't, but I welcome the clarification.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
i tell what i think. i think obama and his cronies are up to something and using TM as a smoke screen.
obama is using the rahm emanuel playbook he left behind and is pushing this as a race and gun issue.

like i've said, watch before much longer, there will come from somewhere, there will come some bill, law or more passed called trayvon's law and it will involve guns and race. that will further erode our rights.

they are also using it to get people's minds off the IRS and Benghazi Scandals.
edit on 20-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Many people hear what these hired commentators for the news state and then just repeat it. Facts, it seems, really don't matter.

Well, what I have noticed in my life is that there are two mentality types of people. On the one hand you have people who are analytical, objective-minded, who decide based on fact. Then you have the type who are moved or swayed by emotional appeals and don't care much for facts/logic if their heart-strings get pulled. You have the thinker and the emotional person. Thinkers don't really care about appeals to emotion, and for good reason, it's a fallacy. Emotional people don't care much for facts, statistics or details and make decisions on appeals to their emotional side or what feels good.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i tell what i think. i think obama and his cronies are up to something and using TM as a smoke screen.
obama is using the rahm emanuel playbook he left behind and is pushing this as a race and gun issue.

like i've said, watch before much longer, there will come from somewhere, there will come some bill, law or more passed called trayvon's law and it will involve guns and race. that will further erode our rights.

they are also using it to get people's minds off the IRS and Benghazi Scandals.
edit on 20-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I wish he would spin it into a national debt and unemployment issue. Hell, if you're gonna spin something into something it isn't u might as well tackle the 2,000 lb gorilla in the room.
edit on 20-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

There are rallys/protest all over that are calling for an end to Stand Your Ground. To assume this case has nothing to do with SYG is naive.

Race is being used to keep the masses emotional about it and demand action.
edit on 20-7-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

link   
No Obama it couldn't have been you and I don't think it's professional the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES get involved with any of this like trying to get federal charges against him. On what a civil rights charge?? Maybe change the gun law in Florida.

I think Obama would not have handled it the same way as Trayvon Martin did.
And I think every day as we go out into public whatever our energy is we are matched with it. Look close today see how you are feeling and see what type of people you come across. To me it sounds like they were both confrontational that night and it ended bad.

Didn't this Zimmerman get picked up for an impersonation of a police officer charger
A couple years back. It seems like from that to his over zealous watch captain bit he has some identity issues and abuse of power. I highly doubt he will stop now. Maybe a break but now he is introduced to te prison system and maybe even confident he can get away with it next time.

link   
It could have been him. What's the issue?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

There are rallys/protest all over that are calling for an end to Stand Your Ground. To assume this case has nothing to do with SYG is naive.

Race is being used to keep the masses emotional about it and demand action based.

Except it doesn't. Legally, Zimmerman used the basic human right of self-preservation (read: self-defense) in why the outcome was what it was.

I do however agree with you on your second statement. Race is being used here and it is sad. My grandmother weeps as I would believe many do that understood the significance of Martin Luther King Jr. and all he embodied. That isn't happening here. Sadly, while people are dying daily, this one small case has somehow (well not somehow; our president decided it needed the attention of his stature) has gripped the nation.

link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

No one ever hears about the people Obama had a hand in killing, and THAT all gets swept under the rug...

This thread isn't about that though is it?

Sure we hear about it, and we write about it, blog about it, protest about it, get arrested over it. What's funny is that some people like to cry every time the President opens his mouth. Obama's drone wars have nothing to do with the fact that he can relate to a black kid that was murdered. His having said that doesn't make us clap and cheer and forget about the NDAA, NSA or FISA, drones... we haven't forgotten anything.

Everything needed to take this President down is right there, but certain other people can't seem to get the politicians they voted for to do anything about those issues so instead they opt for selective/manufactured outrage/scandals and hop and down, froth at the mouth anytime a pundit, elected official and most especially the President talks about racial issues. Says a lot about them, IMO.

Nah this thread isn't about drones and the 16 year old american citizen blown to bits by one or the thousands of other innocents wiped off the map, no graves... no history, present or future for them... and the outrage people should feel about that was over-ridden by the echo chamber's outrage that a black president could identify with a black teenager.

You don't really hear that much in the echo chamber about drones, the NSA, the NDAA. You hear about false scandals a plenty though, and OMG The President said what?!

But somehow, Trayvon Martin matters a lot

Yes he does. We can multitask unlike some.

right around the time the NDAA gets thrown back into the game.

We didn't write this thread, some one who claims black people don't experience racism wrote this thread.

link   

Race is being used to keep the masses emotional about it and demand action based.

No it's not nieve, this was not a SYG case. The GZ's lawyers never claimed it as a defense. I don't care what people are trying to make this into, I care what the reality is of the case. The moment TM assaulted and started beating the crap out of GZ it became self-defense not SYG.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

I wish he would spin it into a national debt and unemployment issue. Hell, if you're gonna spin something into something it isn't u might as well tackle the 2,000 lb gorilla in the room.
edit on 20-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

i can only summarize for some reason, addressing these issues wouldn't serve him just yet. he keeping these in his back pocket for a rainy day.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Except it doesn't. Legally, Zimmerman used the basic human right of self-preservation (read: self-defense) in why the outcome was what it was.

I do however agree with you on your second statement. Race is being used here and it is sad. My grandmother weeps as I would believe many do that understood the significance of Martin Luther King Jr. and all he embodied. That isn't happening here. Sadly, while people are dying daily, this one small case has somehow (well not somehow; our president decided it needed the attention of his stature) has gripped the nation.

I responded to your other post and for the record this case had national attention long before the MSM or the President said a word about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

we will see how many show up, it should be interesting

Blacks benefit from Florida ‘Stand Your Ground’ law at disproportionate rate

Read more: dailycaller.com...

It is always a hidden agenda with Obama.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Originally posted by shell69
As far as discrimination goes, I am a woman and I can tell you a thing or two about that!!!!

Not really. I'm a woman, too. And have been for 55 years.

Women's rights and the treatment of women isn't a big concern of our president,

He's done more for women than ANY other president.

The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
Sotomayor and Elena Kagan
Contraception Insurance Coverage
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence Act
Support for Planned Parenthood

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Obama, Jackson, Sharpton et al are assclowns. They have a perfect opportunity to calm people and urge restraint and peaceful dialogue yet they poured gasoline on a fire. If people die because of these protests and riots blood will be on their hands.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Obama, Jackson, Sharpton et al are assclowns. They have a perfect opportunity to calm people and urge restraint and peaceful dialogue yet they poured gasoline on a fire. If people die because of these protests and riots blood will be on their hands.

Yes, that is what the Commander in chief usually does, he is just the opposite.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy V

You are failing to see my point. Yes the trial was about self defense. However the media and gun control advocates are using this to rally against Stand Your Ground. Both Holder and Obama said the law needs to be reviewed.

No doubt this has also been a distraction from major issues too.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!

Let's stick to the topic...and refrain from bickering and personal attack of other members.
Read and apply the following:

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

Those you continue not to follow the above can expect Posting Bans.

ETA
--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

edit on Sat Jul 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join