It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

nightangelus, i really do think you need a different avatar. i have a hard time reading your posts because your choice of avatar is so in your face bloody and violent. can you pick something else, purty please. i do enjoy reading your posts i just can't handle your avatar.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

nightangelus, i really do think you need a different avatar. i have a hard time reading your posts because your choice of avatar is so in your face bloody and violent. can you pick something else, purty please. i do enjoy reading your posts i just can't handle your avatar.

Guns and boobs....oh the horror....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

LOL!

touche' mr. zero!
so i profiled nightangelus? who woulda thunk it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by undo

I profile ATS members as being more aware (for the most part) than the rest of society.

Guess I'm guilty.

(assuming the position now
)

And they let you down sometimes, don't they?

They surprise me sometimes too.

I'm not perfect, I'm still learning... but sheesh.

Some of the stuff I see is ridiculous.

Well done mister President! Good job riling everyone up and distracting them from the NDAA's revival!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Jewel is my oldest main character in my oldest story.

She's my alter-ego. She represents me. *In your face and violent*

My avatar is one of my better drawings of her.

And thanks to my recent health changes, I look almost exactly like her now. BOO-YAH!

Can't toss it, sorry.

EDIT; Also, before this gets removed for being *off topic*

No one cares about this case. No one with a brain stem.

The NDAA has been legalized again. Wake up!

edit on 19-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
At least these comments make more sense than his "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon..." comments. Still, I'm sure many members feel that these latest comments were made for political reasons and were not just words of sympathy for the deceased and his family.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Good choice,
Looks fine to me. She does look pissed but it's not like there are pools of blood everywhere or anything.

Edit: Yeah so back on topic, boo Obama!

edit on 19-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Stop this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

See, I don't see their brains doing it that way, but either way is just pure speculation and they obviously didn't think the stereotype you just threw out (unless they did and they overcompensated by letting him off due to white guilt). What now interests me though is why you'd think they would be like that towards him beforwe they would be like that against Martin. Not in any negative way, just an interesting mindset that could have to do with many things such as your location, etc.. I've seen way more racism towards African Americans than Mexicans from caucasians throughout my life. Not to say I haven't seen any racism towards Mexicans (and not saying they're not affected by it all over America) but a considerable amount less. Just within the confines of my life, which is highly insignificant . Anyway.

My point is that race, one way or another, did play into this and there is a boy dead because of it and that racism or racial profiling should not be ignored by anyone. We should be better than this by now.
edit on 7/19/2013 by ThePawnsTheory because: added to

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Last time I checked a mirror I was pretty white.

So is Obama, by 50%. You wouldn't think that, to hear him speak sometimes though would you?

It's like his white half doesn't exist in there at all. How else to so clearly polarize to one side? It is something to watch.

I'm guessing that he doesn't identify with his white half at all, considering that he doesn't look it in the least. He looks in the mirror and sees an African American man and that's what he's going to identify with.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Good choice,
Looks fine to me. She does look pissed but it's not like there are pools of blood everywhere or anything.

Edit: Yeah so back on topic, boo Obama!

edit on 19-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Right on

She's me all the way. Horrific, strong, pretty mean sometimes, but loving and caring buried under rage and anger. Yeeeah!

I wish everyone would stop with the *hero worship* here...

Get off Obama's .... stuff.

Stockholm syndrome, anyone? With a side of democide?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I have the same problem with my blood-thirsty warrior-spirit avatar as well.

(Boo Obama!
)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Stop this nonsense.

How many movies did he star in that involves violence and guns?

But its just art. Its just a paycheck. People should be able to distinguish fantasy from reality.

The Irony of it all. The "soapbox" has many hypocrites standing on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And my respect for Obama has gone down

You never had any respect for Obama from day one Neo. You're same about him today as you've always been.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

dedicated to your avatar. she's having a good day, posing for the camera. hehe

okay, i'll take it down. lol just thought you would be encouraged to see her in various modes of color.

speaking of which (how's this for a segue-way), color blind means color blind. if our highest officials and movers and shakers wanna be like the rest of us hooligans and go around profiling each other, they shoulda said so in the first place. lol

edit on 20-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

No I'm dead serious. I'm glad he's keeping this debate in the media more than a year on from Trayvons death. Some people wish to sweep clear racism and bias in this law system under the rug, but people have had enough. As for the angry members on this board who hate him for all sorts of reasons anyway, well there's really no loss now is there?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
BTW, when is Obama going to murder another child with a drone strike? Do ALL his victims remind him of Trayvon?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by neo96

And my respect for Obama has gone down

You never had any respect for Obama from day one Neo. You're same about him today as you've always been.

True and?

Obama had a son he still wouldn't look or be like Trayvon since his kids get secret service details.

edit on 20-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

we expect alot from our politicians, but they are, afterall, humans (we hope. lol i dunno sometimes)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
come on Zimmerman is the initial aggressor here, he profiled based of nothing but some home invasions he followed the kid a fight happens and a kid is dead, it sounds to me like Zimmerman put himself in a position that forced it to end in dramatic fashion, and why in the first place is Zimmerman walking around with a loaded gun anyway unless he's a cop or a drug dealer? People you do not have to be a lawyer to break it down just use the common sense part of your brain and of course the facts. Verdict not guilty no argument bad prosecutors and no money for the fancy pants lawyer like Zimmerman had , but god do i hope he sees some penalty for the unlawful death of a fellow human.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join