It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Trayvon Rioters" have shut down a freeway in LA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So it begins.............

"Trayvon Rioters" have shut down a freeway in LA, they are starting fights and throwing objects at cars. LAPD has issued a citywide alert.

Who else is pissed of at the fact people will riot over this but not do a thing about Obama and the elite destroying our country?

www.alipac.us...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
What Obama is more important than a black guy not getting justice ......no wait... hang on....!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
From your source

Around 200 protesters stood on the freeway and shut down traffic; they crossed the freeway median and shut down the northbound freeway as well. The freeway remained closed for approximately 20 minutes.

It was around 7pm.

Doubtful that it's going to get out of control

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill

"Trayvon Rioters" have shut down a freeway in LA, they are starting fights and throwing objects at cars. LAPD has issued a citywide alert.

Who else is pissed of at the fact people will riot over this but not do a thing about Obama and the elite destroying our country?

www.alipac.us...

Let's look at this in a realistic approach.

A predominantly black community stands for ONE of their own in a show of force and community.

And yet...

A predominantly Caucasian population is still standing on their laurels, twitter, FB and a few letters to protest their loss of freedoms, rights and liberties, Issues that ALL have a vested interest in.

Who would I have at my back?

No question.

They have a right to protest since no one was listening. Balls against the wall is the order of the day.

If only the rest of the Nation had the balls.

Peace

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

www.alipac.us...

They have a right to protest since no one was listening.

Peace

please elaborate. it sounds as if you are saying no one was listening because a innocent man wasnt convicted. i was most definitely listening. as was most of the country. as were the jury. maybe if they listened more and screamed less they too would understand

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
If people were looking for a definition of "Sheep", here you go. A racially manipulated event, entirely by the media. Copious facts left out, numbers of very worse cases of black on white crime since, and all these people, acting like this for nothing. Because they were told to, (in not so many words).

Major failure.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Reality is a tough pill to swallow. I have mentioned numerous times before people would this incident for their own purposes. Because no one cares about true justice or respect. They're sheep and like immature people they are they would destroy their communities and innocent people because "they're angry." in reality they're following the mob who is very foolish.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Get the water canons out then i guess

Second
edit on 15-7-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
So the idiots are protesting based on skin color instead of fact.
They are protesting that the system DIDN"T send a man to jail based on no evidence.
Lovely ..... :shk:

The civil rights movement fought AGAINST sending someone to jail simply because of the color of their skin and it fought AGAINST sending someone to jail without any solid evidence. Guess these yutz's didn't get the memo.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

So it begins....

It doesn't stink unless the media pokes it with a stick then sits back and says

"SEE! Rioters"

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

Originally posted by jude11

www.alipac.us...

They have a right to protest since no one was listening.

Peace

please elaborate. it sounds as if you are saying no one was listening because a innocent man wasnt convicted. i was most definitely listening. as was most of the country. as were the jury. maybe if they listened more and screamed less they too would understand

Must I say it again?

NO ONE WAS LISTENING!

Now, please go back to the OP so as to comment on its entirety rather than pick a line to cut out in the hope of stirring controversy.

Peace

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How's that for irony?

The entire civil rights movement, in the south no less, is getting thrown out the window. Fair treatment under the law, unless of course, by all appearances; you've an agenda to push... Then throw the law out just to appease the masses.

Wakey, wakey folks. This is why people, of all shades and creeds, died during the fifties and sixties. Fair treatment under the Law.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What riots, I don't see any riots. There are peaceful demonstrations. Sounds to me like some of you want riots. Maybe so you can say, " see how those people are".

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Why doesn't HHS come in with the tanks and round these hooligans up?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I'm inclined to agree that this is not what people seemed to be expecting. But then again, this is not exactly as cut and dry as Rodney King. That was an extremely violent event caught on video, with added salt into the wound after it. This was a case where the legal process did continue and a jury verdict delivered.

However much people might disagree with the result, there was more justice in this case than previous events causing violent response.

I would say though, this all hinges now on the response of police. If they go in with excessive force to attack a protest, it can easily spiral out of control. The moment you have a protest with large support you risk exacerbating that into a riot with a heavy police response and an injury or death.

Watch the police in this if the protests continue. If there is a response that can be deemed to be unjust or excessive this can indeed become something more considerable.

Incidentally, I was watching footage from LA a short time ago where masked young men were standing in the road and blocking cars, literally gathering around them and damaging them. This is extremely dangerous. If I were in one of those cars I would be fearful for my life and thinking back to those horrifically violent scenes of the King riots. They need to quit that before someone else gets shot fearing for their own safety.

I guess some of those in LA missed out on that little piece of their own history, otherwise they would know better than to be threatening people in cars.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
What riots, I don't see any riots. There are peaceful demonstrations. Sounds to me like some of you want riots. Maybe so you can say, " see how those people are".

Did you look?

Here is a link with a photo of damage:

Please excuse me, I got the wrong link... the link I had was from the Oscar Grant Riots. I apologize for grabbint the wrong link.
See my reply to Benevolent Heretic where she implies that Zimmerman supporters are crazy.

edit on 15-7-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
Did you look?

DID YOU??? ?

July 9, 2010

This isn't even about Zimmerman!

csmonit or

You know who's going crazy on ATS because of the Zimmerman verdict??? The Zimmerman supporters, that's who. You guys are scouring the news from YEARS back and posting it as today's news.

Who is losing all credibility after the Zimmerman verdict? His supporters! :shk:

edit on 7/15/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Originally posted by damwel
Sounds to me like some of you want riots. Maybe so you can say, " see how those people are".

That is exactly right. This is at least the second thread in which some old story is being quoted about how black people are rioting the Zimmerman verdict...

Who is being manipulated by the media????

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
Did you look?

DID YOU??? ?

July 9, 2010

This isn't even about Zimmerman!

csmonit or

You know who's going crazy on ATS because of the Zimmerman verdict??? The Zimmerman supporters, that's who. You guys are scouring the news from YEARS back and posting it as today's news.

Who is losing all credibility after the Zimmerman verdict? His supporters! :shk:

edit on 7/15/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

I edited my above post.... as I grabbed the wrong link. I apologize for my error.
Please see this one which does cover the acts of vandalism occurring in Oakland, CA over this past weekend.
inquisitor

Original reports from Bay Area media placed the number of protesters in Oakland at more than 200, starting fires and breaking windows at a Wells Fargo Bank. Later reports revised that number, saying it was closer to 125 protesters. Some observers took pictures of the destruction in the George Zimmerman riot, including broken windows and police cars sprayed with graffiti.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So it's smaller than originally reported. That's a good thing I guess.

Edited to change the fact that I pointed out your error in linking

edit on 15-7-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join