It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Trayvon Rioters" have shut down a freeway in LA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
At least some folks are still alive inside enough to feel and actually react to something...anything...lets me know that America still has a pulse...not much of a pulse but its something....

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2013 by neo96 because: never mind had my fill of ZT

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Yeah I saw that they beat up a transist car. Gave it a few kicks or something. Intellect is better served over violence. Be better than the stereotype....right?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Think about it, people feel justified in protesting because the subtext of the verdict is that African American males have lost their civil rights...no matter who tries to detain them on the street -LEOs or ordinary citizens - they better comply or they may end up dead.
If that's not worth protesting, what is?

I would think all of the Constitutionalist and Libertarians on this board would support their cause. If not, I urge you to examine your real motive for mocking these mostly peaceful protests across the country.
edit on 7/15/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They have a right to protest since no one was listening

Shutting down a freeway is an aggressive act of interfering with uninvolved motorists. Why couldn't they get a permit and protest in the park? If Occupy could do it, then surely they could.
As far as people not listening, people heard the bias of the media ad nauseum for over a year and in the end, Z was acquitted by a jury of his peers, just like OJ Simpson was. Only the evidence in the OJ case was tainted but the Z case was not.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Quickly Los Angeles, grab your shotguns and go to the roofs of your households, work in shifts. It's Rodney King 2.0. It's hot outside and all the angry people just found an excuse to break the law. Avoid the sports shoe stores at all costs. Sounds like curfew-for-everybody time.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Acting like animals...

I thought it would not come to this...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Stay out of trouble then you don't have nothing to worry about. I heard on the news tonight abou
the ratio of black men I American prisons so don't put yourself in that position. Simple really.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Now, please go back to the OP so as to comment on its entirety rather than pick a line to cut out in the hope of stirring controversy.

No, you're doing a fine job of that on your own.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Hendrick99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Travon Martin was a member of that community . His father was a resident there and he had every right to live in that community. If Mr. Big shot Zimmerman was aware he was not actually a resident of that community and killed him because of such an assumption. He is guilty of killing a member of his community based on the idea
that he was not, when in reality he was a member of that community.

Travon Martin had every right to be where he was while George Zimmerman as a member of a neighborhood watch should never had left his car.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Apparently in Oakland, fires are being set, windows smashed, and cop cars getting graffitied. Sounds like a lot of pent up anger being unleashed. Not looking good.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The moment Zimmerman got out of his car (all thing considered) he was guilty of m murder. Those who think differently, support the idea that killing a human being can be based upon an assumption.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Think about it, people feel justified in protesting because the subtext of the verdict is that African American males have lost their civil rights...no matter who tries to detain them on the street -LEOs or ordinary citizens - they better comply or they may end up dead.
If that's not worth protesting, what is?

I would think all of the Constitutionalist and Libertarians on this board would support their cause. If not, I urge you to examine your real motive for mocking these mostly peaceful protests across the country.
edit on 7/15/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Peaceful protesting is one story.

Rioters is another.

And no. African Americans have not lost their rights, contrary to the Media and this Administration " playing" that card.

The angry Mob Mentality doesn't solve anything. Just ask Reginald Denny.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Breaking: In Senatobia MS- 3 black men attacked a Hispanic man and said it was for Trayvon.

This is getting out of hand, and us intelligent, civil citizens should not be afraid to protect ourselves and contain these animals.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
The moment Zimmerman got out of his car (all thing considered) he was guilty of m murder. Those who think differently, support the idea that killing a human being can be based upon an assumption.

Any thoughts?

I think the killing might have been based on Zimmerman's assumption that he was getting beaten to a pulp and was maybe about to have his skull cracked open. For future reference, if you ever find yourself on the ground with me on top of you smashing your head on the pavement, feel free to shoot me before I turn you into a drooling vegetable.
edit on 16-7-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Any thoughts?

my thoughts:
there are three groups of people
1. those who got their information from watching the trial
2. those who got their information from watching the MSM's version of what happened at the trial
3. those who got their information from their lazy brained, racist friends who got their information from watching the MSM's version of what happened at the trial.

are you number 2 or 3?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

Any thoughts?

my thoughts:
2. those who got their information from watching the MSM's version of what happened at the trial
3. those who got their information from their lazy brained, racist friends who got their information from watching the MSM's version of what happened at the trial.are you number 2 or 3?

Baloney and to be clear you are in a car and you have a gun. You see a person that you think is suspicious so you call 911. From that point you get out of your car at night and while it was raining and you get involved. Despite the fact that in so far as a neighborhood watchman your responsibility ends by calling the police!!!

The moment Zimmerman got out of his car he went beyond the role of neighborhood watchman, that is what makes him guilty of murder in the second degree.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Why??

There was no civil rights violation.

This is trumped up hysteria to protest the decision of a trumped up case against an innocent man.

Meh....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The moment Zimmerman got out of his car he went beyond the role of neighborhood watchman, that is what makes him guilty of murder in the second degree.

Did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Clearly that's not what the law says.

According to the law and the facts presented to the jury...acquittal.

Funny thing....why no rioting after OJ walked away on double homicide charges??

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

Any thoughts?

my thoughts:
3. those who got their information from their lazy brained, racist friends who got their information from watching the MSM's version of what happened at the trial.

are you number 2 or 3?

I love it!1

All of my peers, who are upset at me for being black and supporting George Zimmerman, are 2,s and 3,s.

You gave an accurate description of them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join