It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by knoxie

What makes you think I'm angry?

If this "forward thinking woman" could discuss this issue without stereotyping people I don't think many people would have had an issue with this and it could have turned out MUCH better.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If people who typify stereotypes would stop cropping up (amidst all cultures), they would eventually die out.

And yes,the types of people to which she refers are easily lead, emotional types who take every bit of propaganda that they're fed and never question.

Thing is, they don't know to question and when someone shines a light through those scales, the one who had been living blind is disoriented and lashes out reaching for the blinders because that is what is comfortable. Any further attempts to remove those blinders is met with hostility.

Remember, the pope would not even look through Galileo's telescope because of the very real danger his world view was in if what the scientist was claiming was true. It turns out that he was correct and the earth wasn't the center of the universe.

BTW:

M ore Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I don't see you as black or white... just an extremely intelligent and EXTREMELY honest human being!!!!!! I can only hope that you received the Applause due, for such a wonderful and constructive contribution to the site and to the hottest topic on the site currently.

Thanks for starting a thread on this subject, I understand where you are coming from and I know it hurts for your family to turn against you because you have a different opinion on such matters. I was raised in the South, close to Memphis Tn. and my parents, grandparents and especially my uncles were extremely prejudice. They could have influenced me greatly but at what age I can't remember I realized how wrong it was. It's hate, plain and simple... hate of people we don't even know for that matter. I've raised my children the exact opposite and the worst falling out my mother and I have had in a long time was over her comments and attitude in front of my children after Obama was elected. I disagree with a lot of things our current president does and says, but it is not because of his race, for her it's all about his skin color and it's hatred.

I'm sorry again for what you have to go through because of your beliefs, and I know you cannot be alone in your mentality, even though your immediate family does not believe the same. We need more Americans like you to stand up and speak their minds and we need more leadership like you in our country..

"BUTTERCOOKIE FOR PRESIDENT"

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Sounds like your sister has a psychological disorder of some kind, maybe she experienced some kind of trauma at a critical developmental moment. No amount of tough love/pull yourself up by your bootstraps will fix what is consuming your sister. Some ways that traumas affect people especially in childhood is by overriding survival instincts, if she were cut off from food stamps tomorrow she would probably starve to death, that isn't laziness... something is actually very wrong. Poverty and everything it can entail is one of those traumas that can kill survival instinct conversely it can kick it into overdrive.

Maybe, but I know my sister well...she will not starve but has zero foresight to see what is next around the corner.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benoit84

Ah, my apologies then. The only ones I've seen you in involve race. And every one pretty much boil down to:

Black people are MORE racist now than anyone. And...

That is the fault of Democrats/Liberals/Progressives who trick them into a perpetual victim mentality.

Which are ridiculous statements to make, but of course you get tons of stars from those who love to perpetuate THOSE stereotype and lots of pats on the back.

Honestly the image you're projecting goes towards ignorant people of any race. And by trying to say black people need to take responsibility for themselves (duh! Who doesn't?) While in later posts blaming it on liberals and the like, negates whatever point you're trying to make.

Blame blame blame, that's all it ever is. Keep up the divide, girl!

Yep..Those are my social commentary threads.

But if they offend you so much, ignore them and check out my threads on Dreams and Parallel Universes, Ancient Alien Theory, and Heaven is Space- Angles are Aliens.

Those are my All-Star threads

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
If people who typify stereotypes would stop cropping up (amidst all cultures), they would eventually die out.

And yes,the types of people to which she refers are easily lead, emotional types who take every bit of propaganda that they're fed and never question.

Thing is, they don't know to question and when someone shines a light through those scales, the one who had been living blind is disoriented and lashes out reaching for the blinders because that is what is comfortable. Any further attempts to remove those blinders is met with hostility.

Remember, the pope would not even look through Galileo's telescope because of the very real danger his world view was in if what the scientist was claiming was true. It turns out that he was correct and the earth wasn't the center of the universe.

BTW:

M ore Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

Precisely!!

A perfect example of Plato's Cave.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

hows that new constalation,doing,,guy holding Serpent as Guy,,steps forward,,,,13th Zodiac,,ya him?,,still visable?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I once had a very good friend go way too far on drugs so I had to get him away from me.He's in prison last I heard.My own mother was a constant source of derision and negativity,naturally for many years I tried to curb her emotional assaults,usually politely in the beginning but cussing at the end she would cry and I would hang up on her,but she kept on doing so. Last I heard she was in a nursing home in Washington and didn't know anybody.
You see the lesson here right? Yes I love them but not at the expense of my sanity.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

its the only one u got.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I may take a look at those because they are very interesting topics to me too!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Stereotypes Yup all cultures strive to belong

It doesn't mean it's a lie

It doesn't mean it's right

It doesn't mean it's wrong

It just means don't bitch about about stereotypes if you live them.

Zip code 49022

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I don't think your black, its okay I'm not either : ) What color is Condoleezza Rice?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Black love, brown pride in the sets again?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
You see the lesson here right? Yes I love them but not at the expense of my sanity.

Well I have a family and I would not put my sister in front of them. Every dollar I give to her is one less for my kids college, or my retirement. My sister was able to bankrupt my mom and she would do the same to me and blame it all on something else.

I don't have much love for my sister, so it is easier for me to be this way.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Your comments about your sister remind me of my brother. Our mother let him do whatever he wanted as a child and teen. He didn't finish school. He did work some, while our dad was alive, but after he was gone, not much. Mom wanted him to not work, to do things for her (she did have legitimate health issues). Then, when she moved in with my sister, he still didn't work, and even bragged that he didn't have to. Once she was gone, he had virtually nothing. Would lose every job (never his fault, to hear him tell it), and now actually lives in a shelter. He stayed some with my sister, and some with us, and some with friends, and stole from all. No respect for anyone, no manners, and other issues I won't discuss here. No amount of help would make him change.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You really have no choice when they don't adapt.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Your comments about your sister remind me of my brother. Our mother let him do whatever he wanted as a child and teen. He didn't finish school. He did work some, while our dad was alive, but after he was gone, not much. Mom wanted him to not work, to do things for her (she did have legitimate health issues). Then, when she moved in with my sister, he still didn't work, and even bragged that he didn't have to. Once she was gone, he had virtually nothing. Would lose every job (never his fault, to hear him tell it), and now actually lives in a shelter. He stayed some with my sister, and some with us, and some with friends, and stole from all. No respect for anyone, no manners, and other issues I won't discuss here. No amount of help would make him change.

Welcome to the club

Now lets progress that to a society of people where the government does basically the same thing...not a pretty thought...humans will be human..

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I saw another thread about how the guy suggested we do away with mandatory schooling. Can you imagine the impact on the urban areas as the cheap bastards in charge just stopped having schools? I swear it feels like they want us to go after them,with all these stupid ideas.
Just keep talking to each other ,no race war here.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was thinking back to about a month ago when a friend and I were discussing this topic (about why the left excuses criminal and unproductive behavior). She is also black and is a social worker, she leans extremely far to the left, constantly asserting that 'blacks are like we are because of SLAVERY and evil WHITE PEOPLE. She made comments stating that yes, whites owe blacks lifelong reparations, even after I explained that modern day blacks have never experienced slavery. She also states that by race alone, whites are 'naturally privelaged and blacks have a default as a result of slavery that exists in our DNA'....

WTH????

She proceeded to explain this 'DNA deficieny' in blacks due to slavery like this..

"See, slavery left mental and physical scars on blacks, so much to the point that all generations behind it are automatically affected by it. There is nothing that can be done about this, so blacks will always need assistance. White people also a deficieny that makes them evil and want to dominate the world. They only pretend to be over this feature, but it will always be there."

She is working towards her PhD in social work, so you can see that she has YEARS of this liberal brainwashing.

Is this what most social workers seriously believe?

I am convinced that she allows herself to buy into the victim-hood 'deficieny' because her career depends on people believing it.
edit on 24-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hahaha jeez, sounds like a crazy proponent of eugenics there. Eugenics people are scary, and the only people I have heard say things like that before....... That is their excuse to kill off "undesirables", their BS is encoded right in their DNA and they are muddying the gene pool......

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join