It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Just saw on court TV. Breaking news.

I hope people behave themselves tonight.

MOD NOTE

This is a touchy subject. Please post responsibly.

Thread will be heavily monitored. Please Read:
So there is no misunderstanding....
edit on 13-7-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

Ours is definitely not a perfect system. We need to work things out, that's for sure. Even a best-worded constitution cannot be enough.

I follow a more technological approach to the subject. Technology could have played a critical role in that Zimmerman scenario. The bone of contention was "eyes". Sequence of events could have been more specific has we eyes that see the crime.

This is usually what happens in a crime. It's a tug-of-war of what happened first, etc.

But if technology can put "eyes" on any crime scene then that would be very commendable.

For instance, (though but an idea), why not create an App that can automatically trigger a RECORD system in a tablet say an Android or an iPad. And connect it real-time ONLINE so no one gets to edit it.

I know these things could sound far-off. But the important thing is we continue to find SOLUTIONS and not talk about how things are hopeless.

Just my take.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I am still on the fence with this despite the verdict - i can't decide either way. Good job i wasn't on the jury!

However, this case got me thinking about the jury and how i had forgotten that the jury can be hand picked in the USA, in this case the jury being all white. Did this affect the verdict they came to? And, more to the point, how do our American members feel about jury selection? To me, it just seems wrong that the Defence can pick the jury. Surely a truly fair trial would involve a random selection of jurors from the general population?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
reply to post by Shimri

A armed man Shooting a unarmed man used to be looked down upon until this country and its male populace got soft (kinda like Zimmerman)

I disagree, The jury made the right call, I know it is because our next generation of males are dangerous, drug using, illegal gun running, attackers of other human beings. Anyone thinking somehow a legal gun owner does not have the right to defend them selves from these nut jobs must be in a strange denial.

People want to think somehow if you defend against a punk they are "soft"? Most Americans need to work every day to support the punks and slackers of the country, they don't all have time to become a great street fighter. No matter how many unemployed go out to praise the criminals, and hold them up like a martyr. There are a great many people that deserve this kind of support but Mr. Martin is not one of them, it makes people look foolish.

I mean really this is the best African American to rally behind? I bet every one here knows someone more deserving. The only person color meant nothing to in this whole trial was Mr. Zimmerman.

The MSM is tricking some black folk into hating, and that is sick. Oh and if you think only soft people carry a weapon, you are wrong.

An armed society is a polite society. Just assume everyone is armed and be polite to everyone. Unless they attack you then take them out.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Ok, so in other words don't mess with the OG's or you'll get smoked. I'm 38 and live in pretty hard area, grew that way as well. If a youngest came at me with that I'd laugh, if he assaults me with fist, then I will assault back with fist. No need for a gun, unless it's really necessary. But even then I would be hesitant to pull the trigger,after all he's not armed so what's the point in shooting him?

Hey I agree with you on this, only use the gun as a last resort, good call, just like Mr. Zimmerman did.
The jury made the right call, with the not guilty verdict.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm not saying people don't have the right to protect their area, we all should be doing that. But if your not ready to take on such a role then it's best to leave it up to those who can. Zimmerman was clearly not ready. He got himself a gun and thought he was superman. Ran into a problem and the only way he think of how to solve it, was shot first. Big gun, take little gun.

edit on 14-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Why would you think it is ok, then say he was not ready? Mr. Zimmerman was ready. His attacker, Mr. Martin, is dead. Looks to me, he was ready for anything and it saved his life. I also agree everyone should be doing it. It's the only way to weed out the bad guys. Do we want to let the bad guy rule? Not me and not most of the country. Only those who love being led by the nose by the MSM believe otherwise. Mr. Zimmerman did not shoot first, he took a beating from an attacker first, then he shot. And a little gun can also take the big gun. The non guilty verdict was the right one.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
I'm shocked they didnt find him guilty just to appease black communities, but they had nothing on him when it come to court, so its the right verdict based on what was presented in court. Whether he is guilty or not is between him and his conscience...and may be God if there is one.

I have to admit, I thought the same appeasement thing at first. We need to remember that is a tiny percent of the black community, and an even smaller percent of the white community, that want Mr. Zimmerman guilty, no matter the facts. My friends, who are black, in my community were sitting and watching with me, started cheering when the not guilty verdict came in. Oh and they are legal CCW and open carry people. So I know for a fact that this MSM circus is a sham. Respectable hard working Americans who love that they can use deadly force to stop an illegal gun running, angry, dangerous, drug using, thug and hope they never need to, can do so. The not guilty verdict was the right one in this case.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

That was a great watch, thanks. Very interesting that she prettymuch agrees with how I saw the trial from my seat.Her take on creepy ass cracker was interesting, that she didn't find it to be racial. And that it doesn't make a difference whether Martin went for the gun or not. Race didn't play a role, at least not on Zimmerman's part. Didn't buy the wannabe cop badass angle really.

Interesting that one person actually thought guilty of murder. And that there was jurors that wanted to get him with "something". Glad that kind of thinking didn't prevail. It's good the jurors were intelligent and didn't cave to the appeal to emotion. And she also shares my feelings about Martin as well. It sucks it happened, but that is life. Both made mistakes. I don't buy this crap about staying in your car when you see a suspicious black man in your neighborhood though. I will confront any suspicious character in my neighborhood, I will not be afraid of anyone in my own town.

Hats off to the jury on this one.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by miconATSrender

While I tentatively agree that not guilty was - in the narrow terms of the definition - the correct verdict, I find it amazing the lengths people will go to to make a slightly dodgy 17 year old look like a hardened criminal. I mean, gun runner? Come on.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

The text messages sure points to selling a few different guns. Maybe not fast and furious scale gun running, but gun running none the less.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

The text messages sure points to selling a few different guns. Maybe not fast and furious scale gun running, but gun running none the less.

Nonsense. There are mentions of two guns, for neither of which is there any evidence that he purchased or sold them.

But by all means carry on making stuff up. Gun runner? Brilliant
I imagine he was importing kilos of weed as well.

link   
the juror said... she didnt believe GZ racially profiled TM

hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

someone needs to play her that phone call

so all that the lawyers had to do was cast doubt to win the case????
but is there a doubt that he shot him

only doubt is.. if it was GZ screaming or TM.. i still believe it was TM... as the creams stopped after the shot was fired

its either murder or manslaughter

link   

hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

only doubt is.. if it was GZ screaming or TM.. i still believe it was TM... as the creams stopped after the shot was fired

link   

link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

hello?
you posted the same thing four times

On topic, I wish this whole thing would go away.

now Sharpton Jackson and Holder are not going to be happy until they get someone else killed,sowing the seeds of hatred.

edit on 083131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Why have Sharpton and Jackson both gone on record calling for calm and restraint? How come the family have behaved with dignity and said they don't think violence is the answer?

This narrative, that black people were preparing to riot, comes from the same prejudiced hymn sheet that people have been insisting has no bearing on the case at all. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have a question for the Martin supporters, what do you want to see happen?

They can't drag Zimmerman back into the court room,

I hear his parents are getting thousands of death threats.

Why? What purpose does threatening his parents serve?

If innocent people get hurt or killed because people fanned the flames of hatred, will that make you happy? What will it solve, apparently a reporter was beaten for being at the wrong place,

And why do you think this case is still being pushed to the forefront by our government officials?

Have you ever in your life seen the government get involved with such a local issue?

Don't you see what the administration is up to?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The point I am trying to make is that there are some people that wont be happy until there is rioting.

everyone calm down.

edit on 083131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

The point I am trying to make is that there are some people that wont be happy until there is rioting.

But those people apparently aren't the ones you claimed would be happy. This idea that there are evil "black leaders" agitating for violence is nonsense.

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join