It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women charged $5 per scream while giving birth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

*Gives ricky "the look"*
Naughty rickymouse! Naughty!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Sorry for your problems, but there's another thread for "self pity" parties in another part of the boards somewhere. You can wallow in self loathing there with others I'm sure. Some people who suffer at the hands of others drown in it. Others move on and make their own life better despite their bad beginnings- go be one of those people rather than the former, it will serve you much better.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by VoidHawk

While women gave birth without hospitals for thousands of years how many of those women died during childbirth, and how many of those babies died without benefit of a sterile environment and trained medical professionals at hand? I would not be alive today were it not for giving birth at a hospital- neither would my mother or my sister.

I too would not be here if it were not for a hospital.

Hmm, I can see THIS comment wont make me popular but!
It's called "Survival of the fittest"
Maybe the human race would not need "a sterile environment and trained medical professionals" if we allowed nature to run it's course because the weak would be weeded out.
People only need a sterile environment because they no-longer have an immune system capable of coping. It never used to be that way.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not knocking hospitals, I just think the way we live and the way we use our knowledge is all mixed up and wrong.

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

reply to post by suz62

If somebody had kept their legs together or hadn't made "that racket" you wouldn't be able to leave rude comments on discussion boards, and we just couldn't have that now could we? You would be sorely missed!

My mother wanted an abortion but they weren't legal yet unfortunately for me. So I was abused until I could move out of the house. I'm living proof of why abortion should remain legal. Thank you.

Do you blame a history of abuse on a total and quite shocking lack of sympathy for a fellow woman?

That's not a dig, that's a genuine question? Are you like that with everyone?

If i'm asking too personal a question, i apologize, but after a comment like that, you're going to get some raised eyebrows.

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Heaven forbid we give them means of birth control.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

I think that giving them affordable birth control is an outstanding idea, but the problem with that I think that if giving birth costs approximately one third of the average income that the cost of birth control would put families in the position of choosing birth control or feeding their family for the month. The economy in Zimbabwe has completely collapsed.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

No self-pity. She made me into a copy of herself. Worst thing to happen to the planet. Better an abortion.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

edit on 7/12/13 by littled16 because: Mama said "Don't feed the trolls"!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

No self-pity. She made me into a copy of herself. Worst thing to happen to the planet. Better an abortion.

Well said

To all the anti abortionists, do you eat meat?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Only 5$ ?

They must have good insurance there.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

If $150 is your average yearly income and you pay $50 for delivery at the hospital and $5 per scream (of which there are many in a long, hard labor) how much money is left for your family to live on for the rest of the year?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is this US or Zimbabwean dollars?

That would make a big difference although it doesn't make it any less of a scam.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Found this:

The First Zimbabwe Dollar (ZWD) is obsolete. In June 2006 it was replaced by the Second Zimbabwe Dollar (ZWN) at a rate of 1000 to 1. A third and fourth dollar were later introduced and then the currency was abandoned. Zimbabwe no longer has its own currency and Zimbabwe dollars of all types are worthless.

I'm thinking the USA Today article was referring to US dollars.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I think a husband should be given a "bonus" for having to deal with the screams, the swears, the mood swings, and the blame that goes along with the joy of childbirth!

S&F

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

If $150 is your average yearly income and you pay $50 for delivery at the hospital and $5 per scream (of which there are many in a long, hard labor) how much money is left for your family to live on for the rest of the year?

My comment was more a dig at insurance costs...

But, to answer, it would be determined by how many screams, and what they consider a scream I imagine.
I doubt it leaves much anyhow.
That said, maybe don't create children if you can't afford them. ??

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You mean you stayed for it all? When I was in the hospital in labor (both times) I called my husband's buddies to come pick him up and get him out of there, otherwise I don''t think he would have lived to see the children!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

All THREE times!

I should have been paid 5 grand....................

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

With their economy in shambles I think at those costs NOBODY can afford to have children. Everyone in the entire nation darn near would have to either "get fixed" or be abstinent. Cost will prevent getting fixed and the other.....well, when have you ever heard of an entire country giving up sex? It's a lose/lose situation I'm afraid!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You are either a very brave man or a very crazy one.....I will go with brave!
I salute you on your valor sir!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You can still find it in the exchange rate listings.

Something tells me that something might have been lost in the translation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join