It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women charged $5 per scream while giving birth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Now how come your family has a history of breach births? Is there something in your family line that is common? Certain foods or lifestyles? I would like to know so it can make more sense, usually its a common thing that the children ate the same as the parents, who ate the same as the grandparents, who ate the same as the great grandparents.....and so on.

Just dealing with food at least is one thing, what about location ? Does your family live in the same general location? For example the diseases that we get in Canada is very rare to those near the equator, such as arthritis and respiratory diseases. But those around the equator will get infections from bugs, and disease from water and animals that we do not have in Canada. Most of the issues for Canadians is due to lack of sunlight exposure at least for rickets,arthritis and joint and ligament issues. Down near the equator is most likely from poor nutrition, excessive heat and lack of clean water and access to variety of foods.

My dads side has a history of cancers and my mom's side is a history of mental issues. My dad's side is due to the same meals and drive for big commercial gain through farming or political reasons. Lack of variety of nutrients and vitamins from foods will eventually develop organ failure, disease, sickness and even cancer. That's just looking at foods for the most part, there is other factors as well I haven't covered.

Oh and my moms side has a issue with trust, and faith in the men in the family. My baba (grandmom) worries herself everytime her husband or grandchildren are out doing things she feels is dangerous. Driving on icy roads, working at heights, using machinery etc. And my mom is the same way, they are worry worts, and my mom has worried herself sick many times as like our baba. That is so destructive on the human body it can cause any illness or disease if you worry yourself enough to get migraines and pass out.

So what is your idea to as why there is breath births, what type of foods and lifestyles do you live? Exposure to sunlight and exercise? What location is your family generally? And of course the mental well being of the family?

Stress will cause many problems and could have nothing to do with food as well.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Different parts of country, different diets, etc. Figure it has to be something genetic. Very few with any stress problems, majority happily married. All get (and got) regular exercise. Plenty of fruits and vegetables, some vegetarian some not. No history of cancer or debilitating disease on that side of family, most live to 80+. Only explanation possible DNA flaw.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Well can't help you there, since I don't believe in the theory of DNA. Guess that's all I can say.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Okay let me get this right:

ATSer says that...
USA Today says that...
Washington Post says that...
an unnamed international report says that...

Women are getting charged $5 a scream.

Except I read this same stuff on the Internet circa 2004. And I think at the time it was $3 a scream, and only one traveling doctor was doing it. Oh, so the doctor has raised his prices?

Was it Zimbabwe dollars? Was it US dollars? What hospital was it? What doctor was it? Nobody knows. So much for information!

You know, in some places like that, the racket is that a patient has to buy an orientation book from a hospital before getting "free" medical service funded by donations from abroad. That's corruption.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Well, we're now deep into page 3 of this thread and not a single one of you has bothered to get past usatoday's headline in the *second hand* snippet of the original source article in the Washington Post, so I suppose I'll do it for you.

The original source comes from Transparency International, and their report on corruption around the world.

This link is for the article in the Washington Post.

Why is this important?

Because if you bother to read the original sources, you find the problem was *worse* than the tiny second hand snippet in the OP's posting:

Women who refused or were unable to pay their delivery fees were allegedly detained at the hospital, and charged interest on their debt until they settled it. Some say they called on family members to help them escape.
Others who were eventually released reported being hassled by debt collectors who demanded both the hospital fees and additional ‘collection charges’.

But three cheers for Transparency International (who you never head of until this posting), because they took the time to get the problem fixed.
Captive Mothers

(or then again, maybe just a simple sensationalist headline is all ATS readers want, and not the whole story)

edit on 12-7-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

That's what I was looking for. So it's worse than just a racket, it's a hostage/ransom thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join