It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by turnaround

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

ScarletNyx
Everyone knows that you do not try to understand vampires, persay, you just burn their Coven Hot Topic down.

LOL. Well played. Star for you.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hey at least i shared something besides trying to spam or "bump" the thread. Really that was the point of my post. Maybe to get more exposure to this thread. I mean there is contradictory info that ayndryl is actually a girl and not some 40 year old dude who obsesses over a pulsar. 0.o

I also dug thru those comments and each of them, ayndryl and cerden play instruments. So i think they are multiple people under the israHELL government.

I just want a link to shows me it IS darpa or whatever agency. If i missed it i apologize. Wading thru the pages in this thread sure beats the bigfoot threads, fake ufo videos, pledian alien threads, and all other disinformation.

Even FL acknowledges the pledian alien concept is a psyop type experiment.
forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

Check out the latest video. It actually has people and isn't just blurry repetitive brain heads or weird flashing lights and blinking skull things.
www.youtube.com...=164

It seems all the videos are now on youtube and able to be directly linked now. : )

Things are changing up with the cassini diskus also.. This picture is titled NodeSpace Analysis of Human DNA sequence
lh4.ggpht.com...

This one is called Enoch Stellar Map. What are these guys finding in the book of enoch that we aren't? Or are they just translating it?
lh3.ggpht.com...

Alls i know is this site has great info from the bits i am able to pick up on. It sure beats sifting thru the junk to get to the goods. Some of you guys here are very bright and highly intellectual. I am just a grunt who likes a good mystery.

Eidolon your alive? The mossad hasn't come for you? C'mon there is no way this horse is dead. I don't think we beat it enough, hell maybe just scratched the surface. Explain to me how this site can go from having ties to fraud artifacts, possible jewish connections, darpa, aliens/ufo's, freemasonry, ETC. How is this small group of people able to have their hands in so many honeypots?

BTW is Giselian a alien? Well in this context the word is used here. "A good sensory environment is not one that assaults all the senses, but one that creates an engaging conversation within them. And this is precisely what we failed to do in Colares."
(Giselian #2217)

"we do create environments that substantially alter the neurological structure of the brains of individuals."
(Giselian #2214)

Then there is this.

"What would be the use of the polygraph, electrogastrogram, radar vital signs monitor, facial expressions, eye blinks, saccades, laser Doppler vibrometry (LDV), Eye Movement Memory Assessment (EMMA), and fixations, voice stress analysis, thermal imaging, and truth serums/ narcoanalysis... during the interrogation of a Giselian prisioner? All those techniques will render useless, because the psychophysiology of an EBO is simply different"

edit on 20-1-2014 by turnaround because:

edit on 20-1-2014 by turnaround because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Here if you are interested in this stuff this book is well worth the read

Link

try getting it in a library, my old college actually carried this.

Also you may find this very fascinating

The notion that there is a regular correlation between the form of a word and its meaning is, of course, controversial. In this dissertation my intention has been to shed light on that controversy by conducting a variety of tests -- for the most part on a fairly large scale -- which quantify the extent of the correspondence between sound and meaning in words. I found in the course of this project that phonosemantic correlations were much more pervasive than I initially anticipated and certainly greater than is generally supposed in the linguistics literature. Furthermore, I cannot but see that these tests show that quite general natural laws are productively operative in language which account for most of the correlations observed. If further research indeed corroborates my findings, then it follows that the meaning of every word in every language is in part (only in part!) inherent in its form. The sign is therefore not wholly arbitrary, and it is not possible to devise an abstract representation of language which is entirely unrelated to the form of language itself. The most important results of the experiments in this dissertation seem to me to be these:

* I find that much confusion regarding linguistic iconism can be attributed to the assumption that 'word semantics' is best understood as 'word reference'. I believe these tests show this presumption to be unhelpful. If a word's meaning is analyzed into components -- only one of which is its referent -- it can be shown that some aspects of a word's meaning are arbitrary and others are not. It's therefore not the case that in some words or languages iconism holds more sway than in others. Rather since all words must have these requisite semantic components in order to function at all, the semantics of any word must be in part predictable from its form and in part not.
* Reference is essentially arbitrary. One cannot predict the referent of a word just by hearing it. In words with more concrete reference, the component of reference is more salient, and the iconic sound-meaning is consequently less salient. Therefore, the apparent effect of the sound-meaning is inversely proportional on the concreteness of the referent.
* Individual phonemes and phonetic features are meaning-bearing. They each have a unique semantics which can be identified by first measuring the semantic disproportions within phonologically defined classes of words and then the converse -- measuring the phonological disproportions within semantic classes. One finds in this way that every word which contains a given phoneme bears an element of meaning which is absent in words not containing this phoneme. One finds further than the effect of the phoneme-meaning varies with the position that the phoneme bears within the syllable. In addition, one finds that all phonemes which have a common phonetic feature also have a common element of meaning.
* It is important to distinguish types of sound-meaning correlations:
- The least fundamental kind of sound-meaning correlation is onomatopoeia. It does not concern me in this dissertation.
- The type of correlation which accounts for the 'phonesthemes' or disproportions between semantic classes and phonological form is most commonly called 'Clustering'. I refer to it also as Phonosemantic Association in order to emphasize that it is a side-effect of a natural and productive tendency in human psychology to associate any form with a coherent referent.
- The most fundamental and least salient type of linguistic iconism I will refer to as 'True Iconism', or the level on which form and content are one. This type of correlation is universal, productive in every word, non-arbitrary, and blind to all higher level linguistic distinctions such as referent, part of speech, semantic class and argument structure.

Heres the full dissertation

I found out to understand FL a bit better, it started making sense more when you start understanding the breaking down of language into smaller and smaller parts, this has very interesting information. I posted a ton of links earlier on along with other members, I keep my conclusions to myself but still check up on this thread as new information presents itself.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Brotherman

Here if you are interested in this stuff this book is well worth the read

Link

try getting it in a library, my old college actually carried this.

Also you may find this very fascinating

The notion that there is a regular correlation between the form of a word and its meaning is, of course, controversial. In this dissertation my intention has been to shed light on that controversy by conducting a variety of tests -- for the most part on a fairly large scale -- which quantify the extent of the correspondence between sound and meaning in words. I found in the course of this project that phonosemantic correlations were much more pervasive than I initially anticipated and certainly greater than is generally supposed in the linguistics literature. Furthermore, I cannot but see that these tests show that quite general natural laws are productively operative in language which account for most of the correlations observed. If further research indeed corroborates my findings, then it follows that the meaning of every word in every language is in part (only in part!) inherent in its form. The sign is therefore not wholly arbitrary, and it is not possible to devise an abstract representation of language which is entirely unrelated to the form of language itself. The most important results of the experiments in this dissertation seem to me to be these:

* I find that much confusion regarding linguistic iconism can be attributed to the assumption that 'word semantics' is best understood as 'word reference'. I believe these tests show this presumption to be unhelpful. If a word's meaning is analyzed into components -- only one of which is its referent -- it can be shown that some aspects of a word's meaning are arbitrary and others are not. It's therefore not the case that in some words or languages iconism holds more sway than in others. Rather since all words must have these requisite semantic components in order to function at all, the semantics of any word must be in part predictable from its form and in part not.
* Reference is essentially arbitrary. One cannot predict the referent of a word just by hearing it. In words with more concrete reference, the component of reference is more salient, and the iconic sound-meaning is consequently less salient. Therefore, the apparent effect of the sound-meaning is inversely proportional on the concreteness of the referent.
* Individual phonemes and phonetic features are meaning-bearing. They each have a unique semantics which can be identified by first measuring the semantic disproportions within phonologically defined classes of words and then the converse -- measuring the phonological disproportions within semantic classes. One finds in this way that every word which contains a given phoneme bears an element of meaning which is absent in words not containing this phoneme. One finds further than the effect of the phoneme-meaning varies with the position that the phoneme bears within the syllable. In addition, one finds that all phonemes which have a common phonetic feature also have a common element of meaning.
* It is important to distinguish types of sound-meaning correlations:
- The least fundamental kind of sound-meaning correlation is onomatopoeia. It does not concern me in this dissertation.
- The type of correlation which accounts for the 'phonesthemes' or disproportions between semantic classes and phonological form is most commonly called 'Clustering'. I refer to it also as Phonosemantic Association in order to emphasize that it is a side-effect of a natural and productive tendency in human psychology to associate any form with a coherent referent.
- The most fundamental and least salient type of linguistic iconism I will refer to as 'True Iconism', or the level on which form and content are one. This type of correlation is universal, productive in every word, non-arbitrary, and blind to all higher level linguistic distinctions such as referent, part of speech, semantic class and argument structure.

Heres the full dissertation

I found out to understand FL a bit better, it started making sense more when you start understanding the breaking down of language into smaller and smaller parts, this has very interesting information. I posted a ton of links earlier on along with other members, I keep my conclusions to myself but still check up on this thread as new information presents itself.

Wow, Margaret magnus like the carl sagan of Phonosemantics. This is alot to read thru and i am going to really try to process the info you gave me. You keep your conclusions to yourself? Now why is that? Do you always do so? Or just in this instance? I think you have the right idea as everything you linked me to explains a piece of what is shown at FL. Much appreciated as i hope to digest and have a better understanding of what im reading.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You keep your conclusions to yourself? Now why is that? Do you always do so? Or just in this instance?

I don't require someone to tell me what the truth is, lets just say my conclusions are very hard to put into words. I read quite a lot of material because of this thread from when it was first getting started. A lot of material I had read through often led to another bit to read, digesting it I have had many AHA!WTF moments and learned quite a bit of things. Perhaps this will happen with you as well.

reply: THE GUT

Hey nice to see you around buddy, Did you get my u2u I sent awhile ago involving spooky things? As far as the latest FL videos to be honest I really don't have alot of comment on of course the purpose imo is still an ongoing discussion (Discussion is the best word I could think to use, may not be the best one) between FL members. Other then that, it is still there style, and I still think its neat and sounds good!
edit on 20-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Eidolon your alive? The mossad hasn't come for you?

What's funny about FL setting up a link here at ATS to a possible phishing exploit on FL's website? You know? That little song and dance routine on the last page where FL showed it's spiteful little teeth?

We're just supposed to forget about that because FL has added some design parameters and fonts to its purposeless software package and tarted up the copy with "Enoch", genetics and the Pleiades?

Ninja please.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Jonjonj

lostgirl

abeverage

You could probably do a summation better than I did if you want? But how would you edit the thread, that is something only the site owner can do possibly a mod...

And what would you consider a dead end? Sometimes in a conversation a silly ancidote can trigger a brain storm on a subject. Conversation that is to linear and does not flow is just an info dump.

Well, I don't think I could do a better summary, but that may be a moot point, because your point about particular conversations or anecdotes triggering "brain storms" shows the value in attempting to 'pare down' the thread as a whole, rather than merely summarizing...and since the primary reason to make the thread more 'user friendly', would be in hopes of attracting new contributors who (being able to read the evolution of the thread right from the beginning) would bring new perspective, hopefully inspiring new avenues of thought and research...

As far as dead ends, a better term might be dead 'weight'...I was thinking more along the lines of getting rid of certain sorts of posts, for example:
Ones which only (unbeknownst to the poster) reiterate points which were already made and followed up on earlier in the thread...
Ones which, very early in the thread, set everyone off on a tangent of research followed by conclusions which were subsequently shown to have no validity...
Certainly posts which (while nice at the time) said nothing more than various versions of 'great thread, really enjoying it'...
And then once you get to page 20 or so, there are so many posts from people who only read the first several pages (if that) and made comments that have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what the thread is even about!

But I suppose this is all a moot point as well considering, as you said, only the site owner can do....unless the site owner could be persuaded to allow an exception...?

I don't know, it just seems to me such a waste when any thread gets to such a high number of pages that (regardless how enticing the subject matter) members are too over-whelmed at the idea of wading thru up to a thousand posts or more in order to have the background needed to contribute pertinent info, ideas, or insights...

So, that was my thinking...if anyone knows anyone who has any 'pull' with the ATS powers that be...well, it might be worth asking if the thread could be edited in this way - that is, if anyone else still feels that the thread has enough value for the sort of effort such editing would involve....

I have absolutely no pull with "TPTB" However let me say that your ideas are basically anathema to anybody who uses this site for knowledge. You really don't seem to understand the idea at all do you? And guess what? I havent read the subsequent pages on PURPOSE

Just fyi (and I know I shouldn't take it personally, but what can I say, I'm a person…) that was a mean, hurtful little response to a post which (however misguided) was written with sincere intention..

You know, I do use "the site for knowledge", which is why I "understand" and empathize with members who don't have time to wade thru pages weighted down with repetitive posts, gratuitous comments, previously covered material, etc. in order to 'access' the knowledge therein…

I'm sorry you haven't read the subsequent pages…(didn't you have time?) it seems you've 'purposely' denied yourself hours and hours of fascinating information representing rather a lot of knowledge...

edit on 22-1-2014 by lostgirl because: addendum: btw...nyahh!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Hi, glad you posted. I don't think the horse is dead yet either
. I want to know all same the things you want to know (and everything else besides
).

What is the SURA Facility? I've been keeping up with the FL site, but I guess I've missed a few posts here and there…

You probably know all this, but just in case….some tips for 'gleaning' info are:

When you hit on an interesting looking post - check out the bibliography, most of their references can be found on line; references with a string of numbers in front are from their own archives, the numbers are dates; look to the right side at the top of 'promising' posts, they often have a small list of previous posts which are relevant to the topic of that current one….

Happy hunting - and please share any and all conclusions?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Hello Brotherman, it's nice to see you back here…I wish you were able to put your conclusions into words (though I totally understand how difficult that can be, I hate trying to 'distill' my thoughts down into sentence size chunks), you've always been one of the best contributor's to this thread, well and elsewhere too…

So, um, I know it's rude of me to ask, and I absolutely understand if you don't, but I would love a u2u of the "spooky" stuff you sent to Gut…my curiosity antennas are going crazy…but no worries if it's something you can't share, I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask..

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

lostgirl
reply to post by Brotherman

Hello Brotherman, it's nice to see you back here…I wish you were able to put your conclusions into words (though I totally understand how difficult that can be, I hate trying to 'distill' my thoughts down into sentence size chunks), you've always been one of the best contributor's to this thread, well and elsewhere too…

So, um, I know it's rude of me to ask, and I absolutely understand if you don't, but I would love a u2u of the "spooky" stuff you sent to Gut…my curiosity antennas are going crazy…but no worries if it's something you can't share, I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask..

Wait wait wait... So there is actually more spooky stuff? Please PM me... So far i have read about orbs being a military tier 3 or 4 weaponry, colares incident being a government experiment gone wrong, spiritual warfare techniques, breeding of humans and multiple mentions of dulce, mindscan technique were it says to force the person to stare at the alien while it "reads" you.

So what else could possibley be more frighting?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What I was referring to with TG isn't really relevent to this thread, heres what started that research

Link

Don't know what to make of this other than thought it would be something of interest to you:

blogs.sos.wa.gov...

From Aug 4 2012
www.realufos.net...
(This next with Pics)

www....(nolink)/crop-circle-appears-in-washington-state-815

From Sept 10 2013
www.ghosttheory.com...

But there is a whole lot more in this area you can get reports on here are the adjacent counties

Ferry County, Washington - north
Stevens County, Washington - northeast
Spokane County, Washington - east
Whitman County, Washington - southeast
Adams County, Washington - south
Grant County, Washington - west
Okanogan County, Washington - northwest

and here is a list of reported sightings
www.nuforc.org...

I came across this stuff researching something else, You know I usually don't delve to far into this sort of thing at least here on ATS much but I thought I would share this little bit of stuff with you figuring maybe you can do something with it or just may enjoy reading it

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

Your U2U has been sent, I will be putting together a larger contribution to this thread in a few days as well, nice to see you around on here and for the kind words, this is my favorite Kandtzvelt thread, although the other one she authored a few weeks back with some of her artwork is certainly a close 2nd

Thankies Kandz

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This latest post on FL is really exciting. It is titled The Dalnegorsk Incident and the quest for Rhenium.
The parts in English are as follows. The semiconducting rhenium disilicide detectors are efficient at wavelengths which mate with the transmission capabilities of certain optical fibers, thereby enhancing the combination of infrared detectors and optical fiber transmission previously known. The range of electromagnetic radiation sensed by these rhenium disilicide detectors include the infrared range of wavelengths up to 14 microns.

A combination of electromagnetic radiation detector and source with electronics can be fabricated on a single chip of an integrated circuit having both electronic data processing and memory and electromagnetic radiation information receiving, processing or transmitting capability.

In that time the limited wavelengths which could be transmitted through the atmosphere were 1.5 to 1.9; 2.0 to 2.6; 3.4 to 4.2; 4.5 to 5.0 and 8 to 13 microns, which made impossible the correct engaging and downing of any of the Giselian manned probes, which were at that time operating in the 25 micron wavelength range.

The harvesting of extraterrestrial material was included as a part of the overall plan for military robotics in space because of the future need for large mass and large structures in space, hence it was more than natural to test this capability on a hostile environment such as the targeted Siberian mining area.

These posts on this UFO incident happened in russia and people described the orbs that looked like a half moon that fell sharply. One of the references at the bottom of the post is DARPA CONTRACT DAAH1-85-C-1351 Military Space Robotics.

Just google the Dalnegorsk Incident and read about it. This is huge to me, at least.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That is a fascinating FL post!! Amazing ufo incident too (can't believe I've never heard of that one!)!

Interesting timing for it to be brought up - as I was researching just now, I found that today is the 28th anniversary of the Dalnegorsk crash….

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
yeah lost girl. This site has actually helped me to understand a few major UFO incidents. Also can anyone tell me a little more on this patent that was listed as a source from that article?

www.google.no...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Haven't dropped in the thread for a while, but have kept tabs on their website over the last few months, and they still are delving into some pretty interesting things that I'm surprised hasn't started more discussion around here, since it seems like they have some inside info that would be impossible for average people to get. Here are some of the more interesting things I've read lately:

Inducing mystical experiences in selected populations: The role of slow flying deltoid PSVs

Each of the aspects of UFO phenomenon have significant religious overtones. Let's use them

Paradigm Shifter Vehicles have progressed up to the point of allowing the generation of strong mystical experiences in an ever increasing number of individuals, regradless of their cultural stock

The test flight of the PSV-25S over the transect Nevada-Arizona, gave birth to the so called Phoenix Lights sighting and caused consolidated the basic premise we wish to induce on the population, i.e. that their technology is vastly superior to ours, their spirituality is vastly superior to ours, and their societies are vastly superior to ours. The pursuit of perfection is of course a fabricated religious goal.

After being exposed to the PSV vehicles, individuals suffer a change in attitude towards death. Death and birth are understood in a new context, and consciousness is understood as separate from bodily incarnations. This is exactly the state of consciousness we need to adequately manipulate vast portions of the target population.

Inducing mystical experiences in selected populations: The role of slow flying deltoid PSVs

Advances in Project SEE
Specifically Engineered Entities for Long Distance Travel Learning from the recovered Varginha Cargo EBE

What Giselians have figured out how to do is to harvest those cells and to stimulate them to become any of a number of different cells necessary to regrow organs in the bioengineered biological entity

the effect will be to provide greater structure to those entities who may have a partially functional organ but have lost a large amount of muscle mass due to the requirements involved in interstellar travel. We can regrow skin and regenerate those organs but we need to do it quickly. A gaping wound that is created by the loss of skin allows entry of foreign bacteria and the like and threatens the correct functioning of the entity

In Pentagon terms, $950 million doesn't sound like a lot of money. There's a part of the equation that you might not know about, anyway. We need to have our SEEs ready before 2100 if we are right in expecting the Giselians to be here by around 2150

Advance s in Project SEE
Specifically Engineered Entities for Long Distance Travel Learning from the recovered Varginha Cargo EBE

-------------------------------------------------

Pretty interesting reading there, fictional or not.
edit on 17-2-2014 by HackedAlias because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2014 by HackedAlias because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is one of the most fascinating threads (I think I mentioned that before way back ) that I have ever read on ATS ... Sadly I cannot contribute anything useful to this thread at this point, I just hope this thread will not die any time soon. I am utterly fascinated by the FL site (I wish there was a way to join their group ..)

I did have a long chat about FL with one of my friends some time ago, and one of the conclusions that we came to, is that it might not be a "group" of people, but a group of academics sites (research sites if you want) that all contribute under specific names/titles .. This could explain the vast knowledge that those "few" people seem to have on a myriad of different topics..

Another explanation is that those are low level A.I's ... but that is a completely different topic and view, and I don't think this will get any approval here

PS: check This out...
edit on 17/2/14 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HackedAlias

That's all very interesting HackedAlias. I'm not sure what I do and don't buy coming from the FL camp, but I will say that what you shared above has echoes in some of Jacques Vallee's work.

Excerpted from Vallee's REVELATIONS: Alien Contact and Human Deception:

…Suppose that for the last thirty years or so a massive effort has been going on within U.S. government agencies such as the CIA, the NRO,and the Air Force, to study the UFO phenomenon. Not in an attempt to really solve it, since such a solution is still beyond the reach of our science, but in an effort to use it, to manipulate it as a cover for something else.

Perhaps our military scientists have discovered a way to manufacture flying disks as a platform for reconnaissance operations, for intelligence gathering, for counterterrorism. Some of my contacts tell me that these disks do fly and vary in size from two feet for laser-ranging devices and automated flying cameras to thirty or forty feet for the devices used for such physiological effects as putting people to sleep or inducing paralysis or hallucinations in enemy troops. And such devices do exist,either in test sites across the U.S. or on the drawing boards of various Silicon Valley firms andWashington think tanks. These nonlethal weapons have been actually deployed in various counterterrorism operations around the world. It would be important to keep the knowledge of this technology secure, although hundreds of people are clearly in a position to observe it from time to time. Making people believe that they are observing flying saucers might be a clever ploy.

Let us not forget that Bill Moore, the originator of the MJ-12 case, worked for Agent Doty of OSI, and thatAgent Doty, alias Falcon, worked for an Air Force officer named Hennessey, who was head of security for the Stealth project. Perhaps this connection is perfectly innocent or spurious. But why isthere no official effort to clarify it once and for all? If the mysterious Falcon is only a helpless turkey, why not expose him before the world?

In the failed Desert One operation of April 1980, organized by the Carter administration to attempt the heroic rescue of the American hostages from Tehran, some witnesses claim to have seen a disk resembling a UFO. It was said to be a platform for nonlethal weapons, intended to paralyze or otherwise disable the Iranian guards. And the code word for that part of the operation, of which Richard Secord and Oliver North had been among the planners, was none other than Snowbird , a name that my reader may recall seeing before. It is the code word that Bill Cooper claims to have seen attached to a secret project to test flying saucers captured from alleged extraterrestrial aliens....Again, we need to ask, which is the cover and which is the genuine project? What better cover is there for such craft, if they are tested at Dreamland, than the UFO phenomenon itself? What better channel for deception is there than the groups of true believers who are already convinced that the extraterrestrials are about to land?...

What if that deception has other goals, even more far-reaching? To the New Age idealists, the announcement that aliens are here would bring the culmination of many decades of dreams. It would validate all their group meditations on mountaintops, the loving hopes, the prayers for peace. It would give all of us something to worship at a time when the leaders of our traditional religions have made fools of themselves, at a time when the younger generation has very few heroes it can look up to. To the hardened ufologist, it would bring respectability at last,vindication after years of dedicated, lonely research, a chance to confront such skeptics as Philip Klass and Carl Sagan (or perhaps, in a more mundane way, a doubting brother-in-law) and to tell them “I told you so!”

The revelations that aliens are here, that flying disks have been captured, are too good to be true.But if these claims have been manufactured to provide a cover for real flying platforms, then these false revelations suddenly make perfect sense. Engineers and military officers telling their children on their deathbeds about the strange technology they have seen over the Nevada desert will be able to come up with nothing more specific than a muddled story of flying saucers and extraterrestrial craft, because the cover sticks closely to the imagery of the ufologists that already exists in the surrounding culture. Thus the secret can always be preserved. And it is possible to focus that imagery, through a few carefully crafted hoaxes, into the expectation of a particular type of entity, a particular kind of craft.

REVELATIONS: Alien Contact and Human Deception (PDF)

On Amazon: REVELATIONS: Alien Contact and Human Deception

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I see Direne drops by to check in on us still...

Forgotten Languages caused a splinter in my mind. I do not like unscratchable itches!We still keep on eye on you as well
you are welcome to clarify if you like... Direne?

Oh and Gut you might like the March 5 posting on Manufacturing Witnesses in Man-Made UFO Encounters: Exposing unaware subjects to monotonous rhythmic luminous suggestions

Doctoring Reality through Chemically-Induced Sightings...hmm reminds me of some other Doctoring...Who you ask?

edit on 5-3-2014 by abeverage because: of timey whimey things

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join