It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Jonjonj

You touched on something I wanted to mention earlier about nuances in language.
For someone who doesn't speak English as a native language, but is a linguist, I feel that these folks are very, very prone to dissect the SPECIFIC wording you use in a post, without having a grasp of the context in which you intended your words to carry.

For instance, when I said, "later on I am gonna TEAR into these guys"... that was probably viewed as an actual threat.
Tear
Slash
Rip

It goes back to what I posted way, way earlier in the thread. The site has entire dissertations written about how certain verbs nearly always carry a negative meaning.

Cause "the cause of her disease" (shucks, I can't remember the other two, but there were three specific terms used as an example)...

At any rate, there is a translation barrier here, regardless of these folks being gifted linguists or not.

Which brings to mind something that Direne said two days ago about Ayndryl's views. She said Ayndryl holds the view that any face-to-face encounter with another person is always doomed to fail for the exact same reasons I mentioned above!
Gosh I am confused.

At any rate, these people hold privacy on the internet and RESPECT in very, very high regard.

I am pretty sure that the person who wrote the text I pasted is not only a spanish speaker but in fact Spanish, or at least bi-lingual. However, when reading the same authors in English, I am pretty sure they are either a) Using the same translator, and a very, VERY good translator it is. Or b) They are the same person.

Just as a codicil, not to be misunderstood, the English level is excellent, one would call it a proficiency level, but there are things that ring false, I think I have mentioned them before, some failed inversion structures etc.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

Their translation software is excellent.
Far better than Google's.

For people saying there is no money involved here, that is strange. They could market that for sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

To be honest I have no interest in if they have money or not, in fact I have no interest in anything at all about them now but the intelligence they have shown. It's like a magnet, and makes me wonder WHY the dark side? No idea about that at all, things beyond my scope, and intelligence, and maybe even morality I guess. Fascinating.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

Oh, I couldn't care less about if they have money either.
But it touches on the morality you mention. Just something to throw in the hopper.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

did you look into the material I referenced yesterday in regards to translation?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Oh my gosh.
I am sorry, Brotherman!
I haven't gotten to it yet. My internet is still "down".

I also apologize for not responding to your U2U.

I have some time at my disposal right now though, so I am on it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonjonj
Indeed, I agree with you totally, It is funny, but that's maybe because I have a sense of humour. However, and here is the thing, I see no joke here, I see nothing that is based on humour. Only logic.

I am not sure who your talking to. But if its me, you may have to explain a little. If you see logic in this whole thing that's cool. But did you know humor has a logic as well? This whole thread like all threads are a bit on the humorous side. But maybe that's just me. Whatever logic you talking about you may have to pin point it out to be taken serious.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonjonj
reply to post by JayinAR

To be honest I have no interest in if they have money or not, in fact I have no interest in anything at all about them now but the intelligence they have shown. It's like a magnet, and makes me wonder WHY the dark side? No idea about that at all, things beyond my scope, and intelligence, and maybe even morality I guess. Fascinating.

I hate to be a tool, but if you fail to see the profit angle and take it into account, then the "dark side" isn't going to make much sense. How better to obscure a money trail (or rather, any interest in tracking it) than by throwing up a cloud of disagreeable imagery?

The only ones who will be interested are the ones most vulnerable to rehashed folk tales.

Unless they are really straight-up reppin' Chaotic Evil and just wanna deconstruct what makes us human for the hell of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Removing the barriers of language and actually being able to quote on quote read each others minds is by no means all gravy. Like you said, language is there for a purpose and individuality is for a greater part just the fact that we all interpret things through different filters, ie body, mind, experience, environment, history even genetic history, all are interpretations and filters on language and individuality. Language is merely expressions of those, if you were to remove all that. At first nothing would happen, but in time it would lead to a sort of hive mind were it would be hard to almost impossible to distinguish who thought of what, and who is who, like neurons in the brain you would merely be a synapse of the whole.

If you remove individuality from the picture you become another cog in a overall sort of hive mind borg like machine, maybe the whole thing may just meld into one giant over all mind or hive mind, I mean sure there would be differences, but those would merely be cosmetic and purposeful based on there functions. It would not be individuality as we know and think of it, its merely directions and functions of an overall hive mind. ie certain cells do one thing other cells do another, beyond there borders they are considered cancerous as they would endanger the whole. And yes it would become hard to discern between fact and fiction, because there would be no difference between them other then what the directives are that is.

So in all it would be like the same ol stuff only more so, the majority of people walking the earth are in a hive like trance and even more have trouble discerning between fact and fiction other then what the TV, or some book or other such things tell them. The only difference would be that if you completely remove the barriers of individuality then you completely can replace there realities to whatever you deem fit. There are many dangers to being able to telepathically communicative, in some instances it would be no different then when you go to certain websites and you just happen to catch viruses, even if you achieve such a thing the first order of business would be how to set up walls to keep such things from happening. But why do all that when you already have such things at your disposal, one of which is language.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A question I would pose to the thread:

Why would FL send a "representative", who self-identifies, and then simultaneously send several others who will not self-identify???

ETA: I would refer those to jonjonj's post regarding Ayndryl's rant against the infamous internet author. In that post, she makes the plea HEAVILY that this author has tried to hide behind the veil of internet anonymity and use it to slander and spew hatred.

But if my question is valid, are they not doing the same thing here right now?
edit on 19-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

2ndETA: For what it is worth, I have not tried to hide who I am AT ALL.
edit on 19-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

or its just fun to mess with ppl pre primed to believe they are mystical leaves the door open to pick on the weak minded and gullible, in a larger aspect, I know I would have fun with ppl if they believed me to be an undead vampire with a super ultra secret website with massive secrets and ultimate wisdom and all that I would play with ppl too if I were given this power where usually it would not exist

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

To be honest, bro, I don't believe these people even have "fun". At least not in the sense that I do.

Point taken. I mean, we are dealing here with someone who says face to face conversations are always doomed to fail.
Defeatist.
Prolly' spends a lot of time on the internet. Even more than us.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Really morse code? Seems like a bizarre way of communicating something through. Besides to me the yellow eyes and whole facial expression say something completely else. Behind the wave, rides the wave, of another wave. So that's whats up with the whole bleeding baby thing or the whole human like black eyed brainburger guy thats missing his skin. And here I thought they were just mediocre shock artists.
I suppose in a way I was right.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

dont be daft, listen, the shocking imagery is used to deflect your cognitive ability from information being displayed on the screen if they couldnt detract you and you cannot see the message then you are not part of the test they present. Simply put, they put shocking images out there and their are those that only see shocking images and those that see a bigger picture this is how this and lots of pysch tests work, not all of them but when delving into subliminals it is imparitive to use sex and violence as themes these are easier to drive a simpler more primal sense of mind to filter those that see and those that see only what they choose too. I won't link any more information as everything you need to know about this topic is linked in this thread whether they were acknowledged or not is not important but they are there.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If it was meant to detract people away. Would it not be public for people to watch those videos? I think those videos are NOT meant for the public. (clearly they are not) Notice how there is barely any views on ANY of those videos through youtube? I don't see how you can believe those are meant to stop people from looking further at other things on the site. It took me awhile to navigate the site and get to those videos. If what you say is true, why not put them on the main homepage to boogeyman you away? I'm trying to get where you are getting your view. I think there is a subliminal meaning to those videos. Most certainly. Just NOT for the public. But for the small group of contributors. So what purpose to each other are those videos? That's my million dollar question. Lets ask Alex Jones. LMFAO

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sadybull

May I ask who you are talking to?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Yeah, really, morse code.
At first I noticed that she didn't close her eyes all the way when she blinked.
Then I was told it was morse code and I watched it several more times and can see it.

Watch it a few more times.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sadybull

I wtched those videos go from 15 views to over 170 views in days, some of us have been watching.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadybull
If it was meant to detract people away. Would it not be public for people to watch those videos? I think those videos are NOT meant for the public. (clearly they are not) Notice how there is barely any views on ANY of those videos through youtube? I don't see how you can believe those are meant to stop people from looking further at other things on the site. It took me awhile to navigate the site and get to those videos. If what you say is true, why not put them on the main homepage to boogeyman you away? I'm trying to get where you are getting your view. I think there is a subliminal meaning to those videos. Most certainly. Just NOT for the public. But for the small group of contributors. So what purpose to each other are those videos? That's my million dollar question. Lets ask Alex Jones. LMFAO

Excellent points, recently signed member, sadlybull.

Glad I'm not the only one LMFAO when I'm not too occupied ROTFWMEO.

(Decode that one, I'm sure you've got the applicable software.)

Epistolic reply:

Me to XXXXX:

I'll tell you what, I'm concerned too, but mostly over the idea that someone is paying to develop a language based on universal phonemes which features the advantage of controlling meaning and nuance.

All this poo poo is being contracted out, and recruiting/testing methodology would look a lot like the FL site.

Don't be too worried about the vids, they have a couple of trick ponies, but like all witchcraft, it's only as effective as the viewer permits.

Mostly, the (frankly) cheesy aesthetic serves as a decoy. And, judging by the responses, a very good one.

The videos are accessible to the public, meaning:

A. The folks responsible aren't nearly as smart as we'd like to give them credit for.

or

B. Anyone who stumbles upon them gets to be the next guinea pig down the chute.

edit on 19-7-2013 by Eidolon23 because:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Or C: A combination of the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join