It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I didn't see it as off topic at all.
It may be one of the aspects of research when it comes to seeing the videos.
To note your dreams.

My point was that I have never been able to dream like that (about something I have just viewed that day for instance.) It is always about something boring.
I have tried to do this though. I read a book some time ago on the psychology of playing pool. Good read. In the book the guy noted that if you can dream about a specific task, it will improve your ability at performing that task in the real world.

I think this is very much on point, in fact, given Direne's question about pulling a flower from heaven.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You're probably me in the future lol.

For now, I sit on the fence and excite myself with ideas. I sometimes see correlations and discover new things that tail from what FL has to share.

In this instance am not exploring FL's character but their content.

edit on 19-7-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You're probably me in the future lol.

For now, I sit on the fence and excite myself with ideas. I sometimes see correlations and discover new things that tail from what FL has to share.

In this instance am not exploring FL's character but their content.

Ah yes The Tree is the real thing instead of the shadow?
How abjectly logical of you...doesn't the content reflect the character?

I try to weigh both and right now we are really low on Character...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Coplilla después del 5º Bourbon

Pensaba que sólo habría
sombra, silencio, vacío.
Y murió. Estaba en lo cierto.
El mismo Dios se lo dijo.

De "Cuaderno de Nueva York" 1998

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Ah yes The Tree is the real thing instead of the shadow?
How abjectly logical of you...doesn't the content reflect the character?

I try to weigh both and right now we are really low on Character...

I agree with you and that's why I said "in this instance" because I have honestly looked upon this thread as information from an obscure website and nothing more. Looking back I really didn't think about the character behind the content in the way most of the members have done in this thread. I just assumed them to be intellectual (as we all agree) and at the same time kept my bearings.

I just read Direne's replies with an *Interesting, whats next?* expression. I wanted to keep the ball rolling.

Character says a lot about the content, I know. Again, "In this instance", I kept a level of trust and disregarded character at the cost of having an interesting read lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you look at Loopscopes:

The first section is poetry from José Hierro. From several different books.

The poem listed by FL as "Or pe lessi petpoi ro 5º Pionpin" appears to be "Coplilla después del 5º Bourbon" or "After the 5th ballad Bourbon" from "New York Notebook" 1998.

Other poems listed appear to be from other books published in different years.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadybull
forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

check out this video. Pretty odd.. As usual. Should have stuck with i am the walrus... Goo goo cachoo!

forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

BY FAR MY FAVORITE VIDEO.

Oh i agree. I feel very little no no emotion to any of the other videos. But the landing on the 11th planet vid shows images of craft hovering over water. Mountains. there is a huge ship looking like it is about to enter earths atmosphere. I mean the last post about a visitor traveling to us and posts about oceans.. or water. This video just strikes me in a lotta little details. I'm weary that i cannot get much more outta it. But it is the most telling video as it relates to the final question of another being traveling to us
edit on 19-7-2013 by sadybull because: update

*WARNING* WATCH THOSE VIDEOS AT YOUR OWN RISK...

I am going to put that in every thread from now on dealing with these. While I agree landing on the 11th planet was different the majority are not. I do a frame to frame view and see it's content with the sound muted.

I do not listen to music or start a video until I am sure of the content. I know how music is used in department stores and malls to provoke an emotional response. I know from a friend who does mixes how to layer music and makes embed subliminals and sells them. Advertising companies spend MILLIONS on research as to motivational cues. This is why songs get stuck into your head, and MUZAK is notorious for utilizing it.

In the early 2000's I got into neurolinguistics and NLP and although it is psudoscience I do think there is some merit to it. So use caution or avoid it all together.
edit on 19-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Flower from Heaven

Only not a flower.

As she described what she had seen
that day two months before
while gazing into the crystal
with the girlish question in her mind
he saw it too
just as she had described
only he noticed the perspective
as of one looking up from below
and the stolid expression
as he looked down
wearing the dress uniform
and the hat as she had described.

She hadn't realized the significance of
that perspective and that expression
and he didn't dare to tell her.

But as she was leaving to meet her future
in a distant far off land
he gave her his hat
"to protect her from what may befall"
and took her belt
to hold in safe keeping.

Years later the hat came back to him alone.
From far away it appeared as a speck.
From far away it grew as it approached
until it had arrived.

She was so far away
too far from his reach
too far from any help he could give.

It isn't on his head
and it isn't in his hand
that he carries that hat still.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

If there is a nefarious element to the videos, it would speak volumes towards their "character", as you termed it.
Not for our sake here on ATS, but because they create these videos to be shared with those in their invite only community.

So...if the videos are twisted and INTENDED to provoke an emotional response, it would seem we are dealing with a bunch of sadists, would it not?
Fine by me...different strokes, and all that.

But, I can't see this being the case. It is SO against the grain of all the interaction I have had with these folks so far, limited as it may be.

Still yet, the urge of caution is smart.

(post by Jonjonj removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Jonjonj removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So then, a cult? Perhaps, but all too human I fear. Damned intelligent though, worthy of investigating even if only to somehow get knowledge from these people

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

Thanks for that post!

I took note that she said, "fortunately, no deed goes unpunished"...
And then proceeded to track down his ID through his IP address.

Definitely a lot of anger in that post. Over what? An insult on the internet, no less.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonjonj
So then, a cult? Perhaps, but all too human I fear. Damned intelligent though, worthy of investigating even if only to somehow get knowledge from these people

Looks like you can translate a lot of that with google translate. I'm on my phone or I'd post a translation.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Jonjonj

Thanks for that post!

I took note that she said, "fortunately, no deed goes unpunished"...
And then proceeded to track down his ID through his IP address.

Definitely a lot of anger in that post. Over what? An insult on the internet, no less.

That is what struck me most, the whole tone, very angry, insulted even

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HackedAlias

Originally posted by Jonjonj

Looks like you can translate a lot of that with google translate. I'm on my phone or I'd post a translation.

That was my comment, I speak Spanish and English and understand Catalán. However I can't write catalán.

Should I post the translation? That would take forever lol
edit on 19-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: spelling mistake

It must also be said that there are nuances, as in all languages, that google simply won't catch. An instance being when she uses paleosetólogo which basically means he is a paleoentologist of mushrooms, but as an insult. These things, google cannot really translate
edit on 19-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

Google does a well enough job of translating what you have posted to reveal what seems to be savage internecine warfare between Spanish and Catalan linguists over the Basque language. Looks like a forum flame-war to me.

Thanks, man, that was hilarious.

edit on 19-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
reply to post by Jonjonj

Google does a well enough job of translating what you have posted to reveal what seems to be savage internecine warfare between Spanish and Catalan linguists over the Basque language. Looks like a forum flame-war to me.

Thanks, man, that was hilarious.

edit on 19-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

I laughed much as I read it, the very fact of the viciousness of the attack was wonderful to read, but so well written that this person should do comedy

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

You touched on something I wanted to mention earlier about nuances in language.
For someone who doesn't speak English as a native language, but is a linguist, I feel that these folks are very, very prone to dissect the SPECIFIC wording you use in a post, without having a grasp of the context in which you intended your words to carry.

For instance, when I said, "later on I am gonna TEAR into these guys"... that was probably viewed as an actual threat.
Tear
Slash
Rip

It goes back to what I posted way, way earlier in the thread. The site has entire dissertations written about how certain verbs nearly always carry a negative meaning.

Cause "the cause of her disease" (shucks, I can't remember the other two, but there were three specific terms used as an example)...

At any rate, there is a translation barrier here, regardless of these folks being gifted linguists or not.

Which brings to mind something that Direne said two days ago about Ayndryl's views. She said Ayndryl holds the view that any face-to-face encounter with another person is always doomed to fail for the exact same reasons I mentioned above!
Gosh I am confused.

At any rate, these people hold privacy on the internet and RESPECT in very, very high regard.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeConnea
If you look at Loopscopes:

The first section is poetry from José Hierro. From several different books.

The poem listed by FL as "Or pe lessi petpoi ro 5º Pionpin" appears to be "Coplilla después del 5º Bourbon" or "After the 5th ballad Bourbon" from "New York Notebook" 1998.

Other poems listed appear to be from other books published in different years.

To anyone capable of doing translation work, what you have shown them should be invaluable, well done you!!!

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join