It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonjonj
reply to post by HackedAlias

I do believe Nammu was some type of goddess, of the beginning times, or such like equivalent

Ancient Summerian again The goddess of the ocean, Nammu was a creation diety

I sure hope the don't Bring GOZER when they get here...I hate GOZER!
edit on 17-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

The relevant question, and the elephant in the room must be surely...is she part of that plan

Given that crazy trains are free, I for one want to ride this one to the end

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Indulge if you will, this idea-

If what is being spoon fed to this thread is in any way true; will such an arrival co-inside with a major event of our own perpetration?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direne
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Kantzveldt, I consider your statements correct. What the Sumerians wrote, I take it for truth. They did not make a mistake: the mistake is ours. Where is the mistake? The mistake is that when the good Sumerians were talking about "they will come", we did not realize a simple, basic thing

So we have someone that is by all accounts brilliant and personally believes that the Sumerian beliefs are true and then states that our planet will eventually be in danger of becoming extinct from a primeval sea goddess named Nammu.

I don't really know what to say... is she missing a few marbles?, or maybe she is just playing with us, or is her beliefs about as valid as any other religious belief without substantial proof, Either way I don't want to judge her I want to know what really is going on.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

Well if we were to believe couldn't what Direne stated be the 'perpetration'? Perhaps our response to said 1947 event?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel
reply to post by topdog81

Well if we were to believe couldn't what Direne stated be the 'perpetration'? Perhaps our response to said 1947 event?

Very, Very, good. I was sincerely hoping someone would catch on.

*I think we screwed the wrong pooch in 1947

edit on 17-7-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog81

If what is being spoon fed to this thread is in any way true; will such an arrival co-inside with a major event of our own perpetration?

May be, but if I understand her correctly we still have another ~450 years before said event right?
edit on 17-7-2013 by HackedAlias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ok, so taking into account the twitter thing, which basically has I don't know how many comments and NO followers, the youtube thread which seems private, hence impossible to see the followers, but apparently there are 14, AND the syntaxis and grammatical errors common between Direne and Ayndryl as shown by Ayndryl's posts on other message boards, is it possible that we are talking about the same person?
I talk particularly about the repeated failure of inverted questions etc.
Or perhaps, at least, the same translation program

edit on 17-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: added something else

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HackedAlias

May be, but if I understand her correctly we still have another ~450 years before said event right?
edit on 17-7-2013 by HackedAlias because: (no reason given)

I agree with ragiusnotiel. Someone with tested and credentialed math skills need weigh in at this point to discern the actual time-line.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This stuff is usually amusing to me, this however is unsettling.

After the whole Ata/Sirius thing came out I couldn't believe that so many were overlooking the whole Stanford professor saying "we're closer related to it than apes". Now this.

Well tomorrow can't come fast enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I tried to figure it out, but I'm too dumb lol.

Light years is distances whereas years are time.

We need a mathematician in here, pronto.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

May be, but if I understand her correctly we still have another ~400 years before said event right?

She didn't say the follow-up trip would come all the way from the planet, but from the mother-ship which would be somewhat closer to Earth.

This is starting to feel like the joke of two people running from a predator.

"How are we going to outrun this?"
"I don't have to outrun it. I just have to outrun you."

Two concepts are trans-specie according to D.: space & food.

If you know the lingo you indicate that somewhere else is the food, not here, not me.

We will all wish we could communicate that when the time comes!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Ok, so taking into account the twitter thing, which basically has I don't know how many comments and NO followers, the youtube thread which seems private, hence impossible to see the followers, but apparently there are 14, AND the syntaxis and grammatical errors common between Direne and Ayndryl as shown by Ayndryl's posts on other message boards, is it possible that we are talking about the same person?

I get the feeling that "Direne" could very well be any member of the group, putting in their 2 cents as deemed necessary. For that matter, perhaps they take turns fielding our questions depending on the contextual basis and who's available.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

We can't work it out, the whole idea is based on the premise of "close to light speed" and doesn't actually specify if it's more, less, equal to or even hugely faster than, we only have the time period of "about two months"

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I get the feeling that "Direne" could very well be any member of the group, putting in their 2 cents as deemed necessary. For that matter, perhaps they take turns fielding our questions depending on the contextual basis and who's available.

To which I would reply that perhaps they are ALL the same person/entity ( I say this because the last 2 posts by said person shocked me )

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

For scenario 1, you do exactly the same. The difference is this: you were travelling at near the speed of light (otherwise forget about coming from an exoplanet). It happens that 7 years at that speed means 500 years for you.

The comparison is erroneous. "The speed of light" is a measurement of distance, time on earth is a measurement of time. Their units don't match an cannot be compared in the way that Direne seems to be suggesting.

Once again, "there is no there there"

Which is often what you get when you attempt to derive verisimilitude from nothing.

I'm going to have to try and explain Strange Loops again, huh?

edit on 17-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

There could, in theory, be a direct comparison between time spent travelling at lightspeed, and distance travelled as well as the relative time passage between both parties, but of course, exact measurements would need to be given.
There is nothing exact here, perhaps it's encoded in the videos lol

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Even so, Direne is most likely brilliant and I'm sure quite proficient in math. So I am curious why she'd say it in the first place, you know if it makes no sense.

So either she's just talking babble which doesn't 'seem' like her, or on top of having ways to communicate that we can not understand- she also understands otherworldly math equations and space travel secrets.

Ah, I don't even know.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This has to be one of the most thought provoking and interesting threads that I have ever witnessed on ATS. After reading all 38 pages and going through all those twists and turns of the topic flow I have to say I am beyond intrigued .

One thing I did notice from reading and analyzing the responses of our friend Direne is that to me, she is a spin doctor of the group that has been tasked to guide the flow of the conversation towards a specific topic. I hope I do not come off as insulting towards Direne, because this is not my intention, it is just a simple observation. Since our FL guest appeared the conversation has slowly been turned and is being guided along a specific path with precise answers to some of our questions, omissions of other, and then lastly slowly feeding bits of ideas and concepts through seemingly random questions and remarks.

Or it could be that it is 2:30 am and my mind has already to tired and is seeing correlations where there is none ... Hard to say at this point, but never the less the FL site is a marvel to investigate and whatever You guys and gals are doing there, it looks grandiose.

I guess there is one of the questions that some of us might have on their mind, but somehow has not been asked (at least I have not seen it) yet. It seems that Your group has highly skilled individuals in a very broad spectrum of topics, from a very wide geographic area (not only linguistic it seems) therefore, how does someone join Your research teams, or FL in general, if that's even possible ?

Edit: Since this is a linguistic topic, I apologize for any harsh mistakes in the above text, English is not my native language

edit on 17/7/13 by Thill because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/7/13 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Hello Direne,

Thank you so much for being here.

I'm late to the party, though I've been lurking through the thread and following most of it.

I wanted to ask you specifically about language regarding autistic individuals, as I noticed you briefly mentioned autism in one of your responses. I have an 11 year old son with severe autism who is basically mute except for humming tones, occasional appropriate syllables (i.e. "mmm" for "Mama" and "dddd" for "Daddy) and a random words very rarely (always a shock to hear him say something we can understand - like "avocado" - one of his favorite foods). He does, however have excellent receptive language and understands everything that is said.

My question is, in your group's efforts to break language down and to understand the brain in relation to language, has anyone found information that may be helpful to bring out communication in individuals with autism / language disorder (i.e. 1) new ways of patterning [vocally and/or neurologically, etc.], and/or 2) ways of developing language skills from their most basic beginnings).

None of the Speech Therapists have been able to do much for him. We are slowly training him on "visuals" via an iPad program, which allows him to choose words to say - progress on this is very slow for multiple reasons. My son is trapped behind a neurological wall that will not let his thoughts translate into spoken words, or really much of any kind of communication.

I'm aware this may be an inappropriate question, as I know it may be outside the expertise of anyone on the planet, much less your group. So, please forgive me if this is too far outside the discussion.

Thank you!

peace,
AB

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join