It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

I was just thinking, the rationale that there are only 2 things that can be related from one species to another are 1: Leave me alone 2: Food. These thoughts do not instil happy thoughts in my head

Alot more is communicated species to species than just those two things. You can examine the symbiotic relationships between animals in the wild. Animals can read body language just like we can and more than that.

Smells carry a plethora of information for example. Language is but one method of communication, and it involves only one of the senses. Imagine if we could communicate engaging with more than just one. That would be freaky.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
hm, this thread really is something special. the Vampire-cult connection has been set aside to deepen the ufo aspect. also people will come from the Ocean. sounds like a tale from good old h.p. Lovecraft...

in two months a mother-ship comes for the rescue mission of the roswell craft ? did i get this wrong ? what would be the connection with people from the ocean ? would they come at the same time? are that the survivors of the Roswell ufo or is it some other stranded party ?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

Don't forget the 2 options of interspecial communication.
1) Leave me alone
2) Food

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

That was a reply to me perhaps she was implying this is MY planet
but I tend to think she meant the observers reality of a planet you can only define planet in your perception of reality type of thing

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by Jonjonj

I was just thinking, the rationale that there are only 2 things that can be related from one species to another are 1: Leave me alone 2: Food. These thoughts do not instil happy thoughts in my head

Alot more is communicated species to species than just those two things. You can examine the symbiotic relationships between animals in the wild. Animals can read body language just like we can and more than that.

Smells carry a plethora of information for example. Language is but one method of communication, and it involves only one of the senses. Imagine if we could communicate engaging with more than just one. That would be freaky.

I was replicating the expression used by the entity from the webpage, I personally don't hold this opinion

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direne
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Kantzveldt, I consider your statements correct. What the Sumerians wrote, I take it for truth. They did not make a mistake: the mistake is ours. Where is the mistake? The mistake is that when the good Sumerians were talking about "they will come", we did not realize a simple, basic thing. I explain myself now.

Let's take the following scenario 1: A recce ship from an exoplanet comes to visit us. The recce ship crashes. In a desert. Say, in 1947. What would the mothership commander do?

Scenario 2: An F-16 crashes on a mission over a desert in Iran. In 2013. What would the commander do?

For scenario 2, we know what would happen. You just send another plane to see what has happened and report back.

For scenario 1, you do exactly the same. The difference is this: you were travelling at near the speed of light (otherwise forget about coming from an exoplanet). It happens that 7 years at that speed means 500 years for you. This means that the 1947 crash happened just 3 months ago for the guys in the mothership. hence, assuming those guys would do exactly what you would do in a similar situation, you should be expecting those guys to pop up in about 2 months, Earth time.

This all means, switching back to Sumerian mythology, that we tend to measure time in a very funny way: the way we are used to. And we do this even when relativity theory is there for us to teach us not to take things for granted. So, yes, people "coming out" from Naama (we call it Nemma, it means "ocean") will come. The question is when?

Perhaps Kantzveldt can clarify the naama meaning? Did Direne literally mean the ocean? Or something else in your opinion? Like the sky? Because the whole post is about space/flying and the water angle is throwing me off.

I ask because I know you are more educated in this area than I.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by glowdog

Vaguely yes, she closed with that so well likely "know*" more tomorrow.

*what they want us to know

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sumerian Mythology Nammu

Creator of all the gods

Nammu was the Goddess sea (Engur) that gave birth to An (heaven) and Ki (earth) and the first gods, representing the Apsu, the fresh water ocean that the Sumerians believed lay beneath the earth, the source of life-giving water and fertility in a country with almost no rainfall.

It says goddess sea, not sea goddess.

So I'm thinking the universe. Because why would it differentiate between sea and fresh water ocean? And why would an ocean god create heaven and earth?
edit on 17-7-2013 by ragiusnotiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Perhaps a little subjectivity is required. The ocean can be equivalent in translation to time. It flows.

Before I get shouted at, oceans ebb, rivers flow, it's all water.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonjonj

Don't forget the 2 options of interspecial communication.
1) Leave me alone
2) Food

I am not sure I agree with that 100%. I would add a 3rd one. "Danger - as in "something is coming that is a threat."

From time spent in the woods I know, the little creatures are nature's alarm system.

I can assure you most every deer knows quite well what the alarm call of the local squirrel population sounds like. Right down to are they just angry about some nonsense or are they freaking out because a predator has been sighted.

Heck, many hunters themselves use the sounds of the birds and squirrels to alert them as to when something is coming.

Mine would be -

1) Leave me alone
2) Food
3) Danger

I do respect her highly. However I think there is a third as I have said. Maybe she will comment.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

that would sound more like a river- but yes there are currents in the ocean... i guess ocean just means ocean-alot of water. but sweet water? thats odd

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I agree that what I WOULD DO is basically what you said. Defence, Food, and ask for help. However danger is related both to food and defense, if one puts oneself in certain perspectives.

But the real smart one's are waiting for Direne to pop up tomorrow

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

That is true, I'm interested to see what OP has to say about the meaning of the word as I did just cite Wikipedia

Until tomorrow- already have a list of questions

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It says goddess sea, not sea goddess.

She's primordial, see Tiamat/chaos monster.

The chaos sea after creation and defeat by Marduk (Babylonian) seems to be the outer darkness ie. outer space, or a chaos dimension.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by glowdog
reply to post by Jonjonj

that would sound more like a river- but yes there are currents in the ocean... i guess ocean just means ocean-alot of water. but sweet water? thats odd

Sweet water is used in old languages, I am particularly talking about Latin based languages, to mean fresh water, could that have some kind of importance do you think?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

Not two options. Merely two predestined natures and pathologies of which our options would be based on. If you were to break something down to its simplest form. It would be like in primal responses of flight or flee, all our senses are based and added on to those two things even in cells and amoebas it comes down to that.

So ya she would be right in that respect it would come down and break down to those two things albeit different versions and expressions of it. ie Leave me alone, or Food just may be universal. How else would you communicate with other species in fact inter species communications that is humans among humans, or ants among ants still comes down to basic communications such as leave me alone, or food even if they do it in complicated ways. When you trying to teach your pet dog something you give it food for doing the things you want it to do, or even when scientists are doing tests on chimps to get them to respond they use the same methods.

Basically she is likely saying that there can be no real coherent dialog and interpretations between two alien species or any species really, in fact the idea just may not be such a great one. Leave me alone, or food may be universal both on a macro and micro level, but what about on a quantum level? Would be the question not asked. After thousands if not millions or billions of years even among the most sophisticated species on this planet ie humans it still comes down to that, two basic responses in this duality binary type existence, fight or flight, or when you get past that, its leave me alone or food.

And all that chicken scratch. Well obviously that's not a language, its the input sequence of a cheat code for a very sophisticated and upcoming PlayStation 4 videogame.
Ahh! who knows dude, and who cares. For all you know it may come out to translate as "eat at robs pizzerias" or " I like apples, there delicious"

Anybody can make believe and make up any kind of #, I used to for fun when younger draw all kinds of shapes which I gave meaning to and really it wold not even be coherent unless you translate it or make it so. Its meaningless if it's meaning can not be translated and understood by others. Some people just seem to have a fetish for such things. Now guess what this little fellow

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Is there a way to isolate just the 24h frequency on that video that was posted earlier. I am way out of my comfort level, but I am willing to give it a shot. I just don't know how...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

delete

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Indeed, I agree with you totally, It is funny, but that's maybe because I have a sense of humour. However, and here is the thing, I see no joke here, I see nothing that is based on humour. Only logic.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direne
reply to post by Brotherman

Finally, 500 years Earth time is just 7 years spacetime, at the speed of light. Events that you think happened in 1950, happened 3 months ago, from the point of view of someone approaching you at near c.

I just realized she was talking about relativistic time dilation, At the speed of light, time dilates to a stand still.

An observer at rest on earth will notice time dilation watching something approaching them near speed of light (constant c) but let's say someone riding a photon (like a cowboy woohoo!) wouldn't notice the difference in time.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join