It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

I remember seeing someone post that on Facebook and maybe even here a couple months back.

Its a cool video. I would eventually like to set that experiment up myself...to rule out any camera trickery maybe at play there.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I wonder if you would get the same effect with a solid using say powder of sorts on something that conduct the correct vibration at the measurable frequency

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Been done.
I think its called cymatics
Look it up with sand as a medium.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direne
reply to post by JayinAR

Hello, abeverage. Watch this, please:

www.youtube.com...

That reminds me of the classic pull my finger...and of course I click on the link (I hope that joke translates but I doubt it will)...

What are you guys up to Direne?

Sine wave forms I understand, are you trying to modulate the brain for a specific reason? In other words condition the pattern of thoughts or thought making neurons through frequency?

Or have I just been sent Snipe hunting by FL...

edit on 17-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Let's talk about vampires. However, I guess we first need to agree on whether they exist or not. We need to know if their existence violates any law of physics, and whether they are biologically viable. Or may be that was already discussed in some other thread. If it was, what were the conclusions?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Hey thanks for the info I just found am an watching this Video 3 part series on cymatics this is very interesting

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Well, to be honest, I have never really participated in any vampire threads here other than this one (which doesn't really seem to be a vampire thread at all

Now, given my knowledge of ATS, I would imagine any such thread would mostly be laughed off the boards.

However, I personally do not see it as a biological impossibility and I'm not sure physics come into play. Vampires could be an alien species. This is plausible. I also have a non-ATS related story in works that deals with just this issue.

What would you like to discuss?

link   

No sweat!
It IS quite interesting.

link   
reply to post by Direne

And you know since I was talking about water earlier in the thread...I will ask you to watch one too...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by JayinAR

Let's talk about vampires. However, I guess we first need to agree on whether they exist or not. We need to know if their existence violates any law of physics, and whether they are biologically viable. Or may be that was already discussed in some other thread. If it was, what were the conclusions?

Sorry to jump in for JayinAR but it has been discussed at least as far as the internet is concerned.
Physicists prove Vampires cannot exist

However like JayinAR says perhaps those legends and myths are based upon some truth (as are most in antiquity).

Aliens or perhaps another branch of sapiens one easily hidden within society? A genetic anomaly.

Perhaps they are only partially cannibalistic not requiring only human blood to survive or only a little blood? Or needing blood is a rumor because they suffer from Xeroderma pigmentosum or have abilities homo-sapiens do not. Heightened senses, increased strength, stamina or longevity perhaps increased intelligence all are within the laws of known biology and physics. Perhaps they are raised to believe they are very different from humans even though they look similar...

This also makes them Biologically viable, possible and interestingly unique giving rise to legend and myth.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by JayinAR

Ill bite, how are we going to define vampire, should we not have a classification before discussing what is or is not? Some hollywood (some fantasy has base on some kernel of myth or truth) conjecture, some mythological reference in older texts, and emotionally based fears all tend to say some things that are consistent while others fantastic. People had to have derived this notion of vampire from somewhere. Do we all agree a vampire extracts blood to sustain life, immortality, or sadistic needs? Also can we rule out the idea of shape shifting, and exploding in sunlight? I find those aspects unrealistic however, if possible some creatures already observed in nature have sensitivity towards sunlight whether that be predator/prey nocturnal, or physiological conditions of life form.
So how is it you would like to define this?
edit on 17-7-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hmmm.. Vampire?

I believe they are a possibility. (I also think you are sidetracking us, but I'm bored.)

I come from ancestors believed to have been vampires in Austria. I love the subject. Not the myth, but the little facts. Like the lady who'd bathe in human blood because it "kept her youthful". Or Vlad the Impaler. Those are the more commonly known ones.

I absolutely believe vampire Could exist. Do they? Are they walking earth now? Can they "turn" humans? Those are questions I am not meant to know the answer to apparently.

They are found all throughout history. Some cultures still believe and fear them.

The only thing that scares me about them is the prospect that I would only be viewed as food to them. I wonder if they would at least answer a few questions before they devoured me?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Perhaps i can help here, according to Sumerian tradition vampiric Demons were understood as spiritual phenomena. my thread on this here;

Sumerian Vampire Thread

Now if such phenomena were understood as spiritual then existential reality and biological feasibility are not factors that need be considered, in the same manner that wind can be caused by differences in air pressure, can be seen to impact upon the natural world with great force, but can not in any way be bottled, or have any form of existence.

it's the same with the spiritual...not existing has never over troubled Gods

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

But the starting point of this thread was about a vampirical group. Therefore I assumed the question was already settled. Unless by "vampirical group" it is meant some sort of satanic or psychopathic individuals. Well no, psychopaths are ruled out: they tend to operate individually. A group of psychopaths cannot exist, by definition. This means we can only deal with a satanic group, a sect. I am not knowledgable with satanic sects, so I ignore what are the criteria to classify a group as satanic. I would tend to think more along the lines of a secret society. But as far as I know they do not allow women in. I'm confused, I confess.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Elegant as usual Kantz. I would love to have a coffee with you some day.

If you open the door for vampires in ancient history, does that also include other spiritual beings as well?

Incubus/succubus, demons, angels, werewolves (sorry about this one), and others that I am surely missing on my list?

How do we separate what can and cannot exist from the spiritual side in history?

(Which brings my thoughts to Lillith, but I won't go there in this thread.)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

You might research the Order of The Eastern Star. A secret woman's society...

edit to add - your translator is doing exceptionally well, might I add.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

If I got you right, daemons can exist. Obviously, they do not need to be a satanic group. Being just a group of demons will suffice. I see you are quite knowledgeable in Summer and Summerian mythology. You already know the Summerian language is an isolate. No other language is related to Summerian. They were very fond at watching the stars, and they had some obsession with symmetry and doors. I like your avatar.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

I was a big advocate that a vampire cult secret society does not exist, I even suggested a notion is defamatory when referenced to people doing other things that perhaps may sit outside of understanding from those that know any better, notions of vampires, witches, and heretics has caused quite violence throughout history in hindsight lots of people died because mob madness lacked understanding of a smaller group or individual and their antics, this is why I ask how you would define the term as others define this notion differently. I do not believe vampires exist, who knows maybe they will one day with unpredictable genetic manipulation to some extent but I still think this is highly unlikely.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

As i indicated with the comparison of the spiritual with the wind, phenomena that in themselves are non-existential can impact within the natural world when certain variables and criteria are manifest, in the same sense that spiritual forces are invoked through symbology, invocation and ritual, and the manner in which those spiritual phenomena impact upon the individuals concerned and how such impacts might ripple out into greater society.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You raise a question in my mind. Can the practice of vampirism exist without so called "vampires" existing?

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join