It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Anagram search of "karadne nars" turned up a single result.

"Sankarendra"

Link
Link

Doesn't seem like much, just thought I'd add it to the thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Diorene

Looking back, you didn't answer my question. But that's quite all right.
edit on 16-7-2013 by InSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

"What if we are all homing pigeons?"

Let's suppose we are. Say we're relaying information across space and time, through a coded script embedded within our DNA.... Two questions-

1. Is this act or process of our own volition?

2. Whom is the recipient of these messages/information?

Of course, those two simple questions inherently fracture into a multitude of others.

There you have it; an answer of counter-questions.
"There are questions that should be answered with a counter-question." ~Buddha

*Many thanks for your replies to our unabated wave of questions.

edit on 16-7-2013 by topdog81 because: additonal comment

edit on 16-7-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

We are homing pigeons Direne, only minus on the pigeon part. Which would make us homing humans, looking for that which to home in on, its what we do. And if we dreamed we would dream of that, and if you went to heaven and plucked a flower. You will likely not know what to do with it once you wake with it in your hand.

However to me at least its just a fleeting thing, kind of like flowers in your hand in the dead of winter, you wake up questioning why of all the things you could of brought back you brought back that? Usually when you wake you forget the dream, and when you dream you forget to wake. And yet one transitions into the other effortlessly and without so much as a murmur. So much so that we may as well be automatons both in the dream and in the dream that we are awake, of which only the things which give us pause may be real. For they are outside our directive, the rest of the time were constantly homing in and have tunnel vision to everything else.

And that's why silently and out of the blue completely unsuspecting and when we least expect it things always come to pass, and a conclusion unexpectedly arises at an impasse. After which we invent the reasons and reasoning of what and why it all happened, language is merely a persuasive reason to our reasoning, an attachment to our actions and inaction's. Narrating our own stories to ourself's least we forget the plot we homed in on.

Here you may get a kick out of this song since you seem to be into the whole making and make believe languages, which by the way I don't fully agree with. Just so you know! And now that you know. Do carry on before I get it in my head to ask in just how many languages would you be able to talk smack and insult someone in? But that is kind of pointless you know, there is no point in calling somebody a mean name or insulting there mother if they do not grasp or understand it. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of it all anyways... Anyhow.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

Should have figured with this being ATS someone else would hold these reservations. They did state in an email to one of members they were going to figure out how to deal with all the attention...

That was my last question posted to direne, is this the most exposure the have had and how do they fell about it;

I asked another question that was an honest question but it left room for a manipulative answer , however the response I got was straightforward and did not seem to be manipulative at all. So me being a cautious observer is just taking notes at this point. I was testing the water if you will.

I am grateful Direne even came to ATS and has been speaking to us, and I am excited about the exchanges that are happening between us and them. I hold reservations naturally but everything so far isn't really raising to many flags.

You brought up great talking points and questions Star for you friend,
edit on 16-7-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Thank you! CitizenJack, it is good to know I am not alone. I am surprised however that there doesn't seem to be many questioners, which is usually a constant here at ATS. My thing is, we've all look differently at things than most.. If we were 'in the norm of society' we'd just go to NBC for news. Seems odd to me that so many are willingly being spoon feed by someone who has 'hijacked' the conversation. Sorry if this seems harsh/ judgemental, I am simply trying to figure out why this thread seemed to "flip the script" of a normal ATS 'investigation'.

I am reporting my original post in the hopes that I do get a response from Direne.

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel
Direne,

Thank you for answering my questions, your answers certainly confirmed an interesting aspect of yourself and the group as a whole.

It tickles my interest as to why you are so forthcoming with information that seems like it should be guarded, and guarded on information that seems unimportant.

This, however is solely the opinion of a natural born skeptic.

For instance, this incredibly interesting project is certainly a great interest to people high up in a lot of places, all over the world. So why, if you have no patents for it- and are so 'passionate' about it, would you be willing to let anyone get their hands on it? Why take the time out to guard it in the first place?

Seems fishy.

And why, for that matter, does any identifying information about yourself, such as language, become an issue?

And why come here? Seriously, though. I am grateful for the answers to the questions. The only logical reason I could ever grasp would be that your trying to distract, and leading us in a 'different' direction.

Seems to me that had you wanted an open forum discussion about this you would have built one or added one to your site, even enabled commenting.. Something. Instead it seems you flew under the radar for as long as you could, and are now trying to curb and control interest.

My only real interest after reading this thread is who you all are, and what's really going on. There is obviously a lot more than what you are telling us. While I find it interesting i have no use for hard to decipher languages, however I always have time for secrets.

Lucky for me this is ATS, and I'm not the only skeptic. (Well, one would hope)

While I do want to say to Direne I hope that she/(he?) understands that this isn't in any way personal. These responses would have been the same regardless of whether this was your site or not. From my experience here at ATS, although it is limited, I can honestly say that 99% of the time the origin and people behind what we are discussing are always at the forefront of our discussion.

And here almost thirty pages in, I find that with a friggen guide, no real questions of origin have been answered.

Other than a small area in Madrid with a fairly low pop had been found, 106,000 I believe?

To you Direne, who you are, who your group is, those seem to be the most well guarded areas in our discussions. They are, therefore, the most interesting and probably the most telling. Which is fascinating because this project is mindblowing to begin with, so what lies beneath that?

Earth shattering?

*Also I feel I should note that anonymity seems of the utmost importance to them and yet they host themeelves on blogger, owned by Google, essentially giving tracking, IP and other obviously identifying information to anyone high up. Seems they aren't hiding from command, they are hiding from us- the skeptics, the naysayers.

ATS, please keep digging.

Direne sorry if I have offended you, please note this is just our version if the scientific method. Guess, test, revise-

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Top Search Results for "direne"
On my phone-

Top Result - Siren - Dictionary.com

2. a seductively beautiful or charming woman, especially one who beguiles men: a siren of the silver screen.

Synonyms 2. seductress, temptress, vamp.

Google corrected spelling for turkish word "diren"

n. pitchfork v. resist, stand, stand out against, fight back, refuse, withstand, hold out, hold up, jib, jib at doing, persevere, offer resistance, make a stand for, stand out, stick up to

Google corrected spelling (?) of Mandarin word "diren"

Dí Rén jié
Di Renjie (607-700), Tang dynasty politician, prime minister under Wu Zetian, subsequently hero of legends master sleuth Judge Dee, aka Chinese Sherlock Holmes, in novel Three murder cases solved by Judge Dee Dee case [Dí gōng àn] translated by Dutch sinologist RH van Gulik high 罗珮 | Robert van Gulik [Gāo Lúo pèi]
Enemy who Trad. enemy who
dí rén
enemy CL: a | a [gè]
This way people
běn dì rén
native person (of a country)
Show Strokes
Outside to people
wài dì rén
stranger, outsider
Show Strokes
Snow Man bottom man Trad. Connaught Man Bottom man
nuò màn dǐ rén
Norman (people)
Rent to people voted landmark voting rights Trad. leased land who voted landmark voting rights
zū dì rén tóu biāo piào quán
occupation franchise

From my computer (google wants to correct me, saying I'm trying to spell 'divine')

Alexandre Direne

Name - Irene - in french texts 'D'irene'

anagram hunter
top result deiner

wiki diener

The word Diener is German for servant.[1][2] In English, it is generally used to describe the person, in the morgue, responsible for handling, moving, and cleaning the corpse (though, at some institutions dieners perform the entire dissection at autopsy). It is derived from the German word Leichendiener, which literally means corpse servant.

----

I find it interesting that while these are all coming from different cultures most seem to... "go with each other"

Siren - beguilles (charm/trick) people
Turkish/diren - resist, refuse, fight back, hold out, persevere
chinese/diren - mystery, enemy, outsiders
diener/anagram - servant, mess cleaner

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

new video, uploaded today- titled "untold incidents"

vid link

(Can someone with some youtube experience explain to me why I can see the video, when it doesn't exist on the user youtube page? look here

This channel has no videos.

ForgottenLanguages - No public videos

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I asked Direne about her name a few pages back and got this reply

@doodle19815: Direne is a modern form of the ancient name, Dwryne. It is my name. I ignore if that name is used today, but I recall having seen some Dwrynes in the phone listing of Canada. Can't say for sure.

I then found the name in census.

I think her name is simply a name. Though the earlier spelling of Dwryne is found in several places on FL.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel

new video, uploaded today- titled "untold incidents"

vid link

(Can someone with some youtube experience explain to me why I can see the video, when it doesn't exist on the user youtube page? look here

This channel has no videos.

ForgottenLanguages - No public videos

On YouTube you can upload a video and set it to either of the following...

Public (everyone can see it)

Private (Only 50 people you invite to the link can see it)

Unlisted (Video will not appear publicly or in searches etc but can be linked)

The video's on this YouTube account are unlisted.

Hope that helps

edit on 17-7-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thanks! must have missed this. Even still, there is a difference between 'direne' and 'dwryne", thanks for reposting though!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Rude and uncalled for.

I thought 'Doctors' had better manners

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

thanks it does!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

No I absolutely would not. I didn't search for country of origin, I didn't search her spelling of the name. I was just trying to help the other poster see that it is just a name.

I think it was mentioned in this thread that they had taken vampire names. I was simply trying to solve that mystery.
ETA -

Certainly they appear to be very gifted linguists, but the vampire theme is definatly present as amongst themselves they write in Affel which is Romanian vampire dialect according to them, the names they take are vampiric name types as indicated form an Affel notebook.
Kantz on page 2 of this thread.

I am just searching for truth. Sorry if I offended you or Direne. I think I have stayed within polite boundaries though.

(As a side note - I do a lot of ancestry research so I find names fascinating.)

edit on 17-7-2013 by Doodle19815 because: To add quote box

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I'm obviously not a mod on ATS but I hope I'm speaking for the majority here. This thread has shown the best side of ATS. Look at how this thread turned out and whats been accomplished.

Can we not ruin this thread by showing the worst side of ATS, cant we all just get along and resist name calling? Our friend obviously liked something about ATS lets not give her/him something to dislike. It may seem like an attack to you but some people express curiosity in different ways. And some are more cautious. If Direne is uncomfortable with our ?'s I asssume she/he would lets us know.

Can we squash this one guys? Drinks on me

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I agree with CitizenJack here.

And also, to be fair to Direne, she said she would be willing to answer questions that pertain to her fields of study.
We shouldn't ask questions outside those parameters.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I agree with CitizenJack here.

And also, to be fair to Direne, she said she would be willing to answer questions that pertain to her fields of study.
We shouldn't ask questions outside those parameters.

I can respect that, but before Direne came these topics weren't 'off-limits'. They had already been looked at, spoken about, written about, etc.

I can understand not directing questions at her regarding those things, but I can not agree with not posing the questions at all. Just because Direne won't answer them doesn't mean that we can't get answers to them.

I do apologize if Direne doesn't like it, and completely understand if I get no response to it.I think that is fair. I do hope that I made it clear that this is just how I think.

I mean what am I supposed to do? Hold my thoughts until the expert is gone? That seems silly. I'd rather take my chances and possibly get a straight answer, than always be left wondering.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I can agree with that.

I was just speaking to the point of grilling her personally on things she has stated she is not willing to answer.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I can agree with that.

I was just speaking to the point of grilling her personally on things she has stated she is not willing to answer.

She did, she definitely did- but than again she did answer some questions about the team. So to me it seems like some are off limits, and some are not.

I will admit that I am most likely testing those boundries

Originally posted by Direne
reply to post by leftisright

5- Your team is obviously not all just master linguists (notable from the web design, video editing etc), so what are your teams other areas of interests?

Each member has different interests, including religions, exobiology, cryptography, Medieval literature, ancient civilizations, palaeovirology and ancient diseases, witchcraft and sorcery, secret societies, and the like. Much as ATS members here, I guess.

6- You said English isn't your first language, if so what is? Is most of the team from different countries? How did you find each other?

Can't answer the first question. Yes, the members are from all over the world.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join