It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Bybyots, I think you got us wrong. We fiercely fight against dogma. This is one of our books at FL: "Cryptoscripts and gnosis: Semitic Cryptolects and the defense against dogma."

You can also visit forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org... I watch the artwork there: EX-CATHEDRA - LINGVAM MENDACEM.

As I said before, a world ruled by "experts" equates to anarchy, in a negative sense. What we promote is free thinking and critical thinking. We have develop tools to analyse misinformation and disinformation (refer to forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org... ). I think the portions in English are quite self-explanatory:

there will be a lot of disinformation if the benefits of being believed are high relative to the costs of not being believed and/or if the intended audience of the disinformation is much more likely to be credulous than to be skeptical.

However, in other cases, even if the original authors believed that the information was accurate, other people may come along later and spread the same information further with the intent to deceive.

You can find more info at FL and the bibliography there:

FL-271112 The Communication of Power – Mass Media and Disinformation

FL-240811 Anatomy of Hegemony

Urban Language and Counter-Persuasion

Detecting and countering misinformation, disinformation, and counter-information is an art. A difficult one. Not because of the intrinsic complexity in isolating a lie, but rather, because it is extremely difficult to convince someone that he is being lied. We are interested in the psychological mechanism behind this. Again, I will ask you to please visit this link here and pay attention to the portions in English: forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direne
reply to post by Bybyots

Bybyots, I think you got us wrong. We fiercely fight against dogma. This is one of our books at FL: "Cryptoscripts and gnosis: Semitic Cryptolects and the defense against dogma."

Detecting and countering misinformation, disinformation, and counter-information is an art. A difficult one. Not because of the intrinsic complexity in isolating a lie, but rather, because it is extremely difficult to convince someone that he is being lied. We are interested in the psychological mechanism behind this. Again, I will ask you to please visit this link here and pay attention to the portions in English: forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

Hello Direne.

I figured that much and provided this answer to the various wild theories popping up on this thread about your groups purpose before you appeared here. Thank you for your participation.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

Topdog81, I'm extremely sorry I forgot answering those questions. No, neither Halliburton nor any other corporation is backing our projects. I do not think they would be interested.

We haven't made any research on telepathy. We focused on 'intuition', which is slightly related: Åamer anesvarssy mylegogbrydyn - On metalinguistic intuitions (here forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org... ).

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Bybyots, I think you got us wrong.

Yeah, I think I do. Myself and others around these parts have a real interest in suspension of disbelief, and many of the other things that you and your workgroup seem to be interested in. That's really encouraging, as you folks seem to have made this type of thing an organized vocation, which is what many of us here at ATS dream of.

Thanks, Direne, it is very cool of you to come to ATS and help us all enrich our knowledge like you have.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
May I have a moment of your time to answer my question? I am well aware that there have been many questions coming your way, but I'll give it a last try nonetheless.

Originally posted by InSolace

Hello, Direne
Judging by the videos (I hope to Sol they're a part of your project) you include music, quite otherworldly music in my personal opinion. Is the music there to help the receiver "understand the context" of the message by successfully putting the receiver in a -to the sender- desired state of mind?

Now, it might have been due to symptoms of fatigue, but I began making some connections to this when Ayndryl spoke of a localized, dare I say contextual (?) new mode of communication? Here I was referring to Ayndryl's "speaking russian without being russian decreases the empathic impact in what is spoken".

Thank you for answering our questions, you've done a great deal to clear up lot of things surrounding this project!
edit on 16-7-2013 by InSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I think I already answered your questions. Now, before I go, I would like to make some questions to you all. I think is fair. I'm also learning a lot. My first question has to do with vampires, aliens, and communication. Here it is:

What if we are all homing pigeons?

[“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
― Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Complete Poems]

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Bybyots

I think I already answered your questions. Now, before I go, I would like to make some questions to you all. I think is fair. I'm also learning a lot. My first question has to do with vampires, aliens, and communication. Here it is:

[“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”

There was a science fiction show called EON Flux (The animated version not the movie) anyway in it they would send secret messages to others in their faction via saliva. It makes sense to me that some day we will move into exotic forms of message relay.

I have often wondered if our DNA did not carry more than just what we are or that even a virus might be a form of communication. I also know that if someone was on the trail of finding out some sort of secret or trying to expose a cabal it would be handled with disinformation that seemed plausible and rational.

I believe we could very well be messengers much like Johnny Mnemonic without realizing it or possibly being able to acknowledge it. Perhaps we are packets of information like TRON moving across the grid of an Alien computer.

My retort would be then what message are we carrying?

Thanks for giving me the chills now Direne.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ah, I didn't notice you'd answered. Sorry.

Onto the question:

It would take a couple of days for me to have it sink in. If we were alien homing pidgeons I'd wonder why it had sent me to get a flower. Then the realization would come. I would tell myself: "I just went to heaven and came back to give an alien a flower. How weird is that?". And then doubt would visit me. I would ask myself why I gave this flower to this creature? Was I- involved with it? On an emotional level? With that in mind I would feel trapped. I would question what I am, and if I could be set on to home on a more harmful road. After that I would question why I went down on this tangent, I would recall the heaven I saw as a dream. A dream, controlled by an alien which materialized a flower. I would sit down, and wait for the alien to come for the flower. To ask why I am what I am, and the reason behind this flower. I would not expect an answer, but if you don't ask you might never know.

Hmm, I just mixed the question with the poem. Fiddlesticks.
edit on 16-7-2013 by InSolace because: realization's a female dog

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Oh - I kind of hoped that you would.
It seems fair to me.

Well, it would imply that we either already have imprinted within us of a "home" or that we have the capacity to have one imprinted within us. Such that we will instinctively return there given the opportunity

That would have to mean either it was imprinted upon our ancestors in the murky past and been passed down either intentionally or unintentionally; or we kind of wait around until someone puts in "coop" for a month or so and then we will imprint on that as home.

If we were all homing pigeons would make me ask, "Do we all fly to one huge shared pigeon coop, or smaller scattered coops? That would begin to offer clues on how we were imprinted.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

This is a question I have thought about a fair deal.
If you take for granted that aliens are visiting us (I firmly believe they are) then you have to consider the stories of abduction and implant.

It would make SENSE that those implants work as a tracking device. We do it to animals ourselves all the time.

The interesting thing would be to realize that they MAY be able to use their technology to see THROUGH YOUR EYES.
That is crazy. And somewhat plausible.

But to the point, it doesn't make much difference. Not much we can do about it.
Thanks again for stopping by, Direne!
Till next time!

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Bybyots

Pulling an physical object from your dreams is a subject I find fascinating, I obviously can't do it myself nor know or read of anyone who could and prove it but I did read about Stephen Laberge's mnemonic induction of lucid dreaming known as the (MILD) technique. It was exciting to actually implement it myself.

In the end when we have come so far yet we find ourselves with more questions than answers about our reason to be alive, we need to sometimes stop and look at the things that carry us from day to day, the temporary relationships we form, the ideas that spark our interest and make us thirst for knowledge, and the little pleasantries of physical contact with another life form, for instance I like the feel of my bare feet in the sand

I don't really know if that is a suitable answer but I believe it is one that makes you happy you thought about it.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Reiken because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by Reiken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

I am an art lover... all kinds...I just wanted to let you know that I have stolen some art from your site and am now using as my avatar...I hope you don't mind...sincerely, shells4u...for you Direne...

edit on 7/16/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Bybyots

I would be happy with that. In my mind, it would be a purpose for my life.

By homing pigeon, I am led to assume you mean to relay a message. So if my dreams are relaying a message to some higher being, they must be able to make sense of my jumbled thought during sleep. If they can do that, I am also ok with it. I would like to know the meaning for myself, but maybe that isn't for me to know....

Interesting question Direne. Let me once again thank you for taking time to address us.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi Direne,

In regards to not being funded or needing patenting, can you talk about the origin of NodeSpace and the place of NodeSpace in your group? Is this a tool that was developed by your members or is it a tool that your members found and utilizes? And if so is this a publicly available tool and if it isn't how did your group go about getting access to it? As pointed out in an earlier post there is a patent relating to this very complex software: www.google.com...

And on the idea of sending information subconsciously, can you elaborate on what kind of information this could be? I have a hard time seeing this as anything but nefarious in nature if the reciepient of the information is not consciously aware they are actually receiving the information. The idea of perfecting this form of communcation to me seems to be in the realm of thought control and carries dangerous implications if used in the way it sounds. Am I way off base here on the subconscious communication?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Hello again direne, thank you for taking the time to answer my previous questions.
Your question is an interesting one , however if that line between this world and that world were blurred by material interaction I would take caution. I would be the slow careful observer. In my mind if I could pluck a flower out that world into this world then what can the other side accomplish with material interaction. Can they pull me into their world. I always try to observe before I react....

So I pose a simple question or two to you, not about language but about FL. Is this the most public attention your group has garnered, and how do the individuals at FL feel about this attention?

I for one am pleased to make your acquaintance and hope you stick around . Your reaserch in to intuituin sounds interesting. I'm going to message you a link to a thread on ATS awhile ago. You may find it helpful and if not perhaps an interesting read.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i would see if the flower needs water. guess i would run to the kitchen,fill a glass and then stick it in there. then i would take a photograph, maybe make a drawing of it. then i would wonder if i should show it to somebody.... then i would weep cause i picked it and i knew that it would die like every picked flower.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Did you know that Stremor, and therefore ATS, has provided tools to our community, and the community at large, that use many factors of Natural Language Processing and natural language recognition such as automatic summarization, sentiment analysis and searches based on semantics?

The Samuru search engine that has been provided to us as a personal ATS search engine is a little like R.A. Heinlein's concept of "spanking a baby with an atom-bomb" in the sense that it brings such tremendous computational power to our simple searches.

At the heart of Samuru: a technology that aims to establish a ranking based on criteria intrinsic to the content, and as the credibility of the author, writing style, and the quality of a text.

en.kioskea.net...

Document sorting and ranking using those sorts of parameters is really exciting for language-geeks.

Samuru

The Sloth: a.k.a. TLDR

My interest in NLP and computational sociology began two years ago, here, at ATS.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Direne,

Thank you for answering my questions, your answers certainly confirmed an interesting aspect of yourself and the group as a whole.

It tickles my interest as to why you are so forthcoming with information that seems like it should be guarded, and guarded on information that seems unimportant.

This, however is solely the opinion of a natural born skeptic.

For instance, this incredibly interesting project is certainly a great interest to people high up in a lot of places, all over the world. So why, if you have no patents for it- and are so 'passionate' about it, would you be willing to let anyone get their hands on it? Why take the time out to guard it in the first place?

Seems fishy.

And why, for that matter, does any identifying information about yourself, such as language, become an issue?

And why come here? Seriously, though. I am grateful for the answers to the questions. The only logical reason I could ever grasp would be that your trying to distract, and leading us in a 'different' direction.

Seems to me that had you wanted an open forum discussion about this you would have built one or added one to your site, even enabled commenting.. Something. Instead it seems you flew under the radar for as long as you could, and are now trying to curb and control interest.

My only real interest after reading this thread is who you all are, and what's really going on. There is obviously a lot more than what you are telling us. While I find it interesting i have no use for hard to decipher languages, however I always have time for secrets.

Lucky for me this is ATS, and I'm not the only skeptic. (Well, one would hope)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKindChap
reply to post by HackedAlias

profiles.google.com...

Introduction
Forgotten Languages Organization
Algenib Falls, Iskänyar 23070

What does the bottom line mean?

All I got is this,

Algenib is a star.

Link

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

I think I already answered your questions.

You have managed to overlook the questions of the original thread creator (OP for Original Poster in ATS NewSpeak
). See Here, and Here.

As for the supposed Coleridge quote, that's what it is: Supposed, yet unquestioned as such by popular opinion.

My home?

Between the silence of the mountains
And the crashing of the sea
There lies a land I once lived in
And she's waiting there for me
-- 2:46--

edit on 16-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join