It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direne
reply to post by Kantzveldt

spiritual forces are invoked through symbology, invocation and ritual

I agree. I think words pronounced like a mantra gets your mind into a state in which you can communicate in a totally different way. Mind and sound is a recurrent theme in trance rituals (any of them). And even today some religions do recitation of their holy books. Reading is not enough. But how is this so? What's the power of words being "chanted" upon the mind?

Sound I believe is used to harmonize one's being i.e chanting, it allows to align one's prana/chi/life force which is believed in some religions to bring them closer to a diety in order to communicate. Of course there are other reasons this is done, including self healing through pure tantric meditation another reason may be to seek enlightenment or to simply liberate their minds from any negative energies.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Reiken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Yes, but by language isolate we mean a language that do not belong to any linguistic family. Ainu is just another example, and Basque. And also Etruscan. The language of Sumer was unrelated to any other language (Akkadian was a Semitic language). And it was a spoken language. Obviously, we can only assume this from the archaeological record.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Reiken

Not to get off topic. But inline with healing mantras, a cats purr is thought to be healing as well. You might enjoy doing some research on it and the different frequencies attributed to this phenomenon.

Sorry, carry on...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by HackedAlias

I dont mean to come off as rude or ignorant either but our new member Direne, is a member of the group being discussed being allegedly involved in a vampire group, sure the idea of the vampire intention has for some been dismissed but I am interested as to where this discussion will lead as this member is also apparently affluent with all kinds of interesting information and Knowledge. Just to clue you in if you didn't know again not to be rude or disrespectful there has been lots of things written in this thread if you havent already go back like 8 pages and read from there.

Fair enough. This thread and the FL group has piqued my curiousity unlike anything I've seen on this forum or anywhere for that matter, enough so to push me from lurking to trying to participate. So, with that I'll join the others kicking back with the popcorn and leave this to you guys. Extra butter, please.
edit on 17-7-2013 by HackedAlias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Would your group happen to have an of those divine hymns that the virgins sang laying around? My interest is piqued.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Do you mean deaf peope will never be healed? Sounds seems to be powerful indeed, but not in vacuum. And not for a deaf person. Unless the key element is not "hearing", but "sensing". Like in cymatics. It is the effect of the wave on a surface what counts. Not whether you can "hear" or not. That's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by Reiken

Not to get off topic. But inline with healing mantras, a cats purr is thought to be healing as well. You might enjoy doing some research on it and the different frequencies attributed to this phenomenon.

Sorry, carry on...

Apologies, I'm cherry picking certain points, I feel like a politician lol

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yes, but by language isolate we mean a language that do not belong to any linguistic family. Ainu is just another example, and Basque. And also Etruscan. The language of Sumer was unrelated to any other language (Akkadian was a Semitic language). And it was a spoken language. Obviously, we can only assume this from the archaeological record.

Yes, but, the difference, with Sumerian, is that it is an isolate due to it's isolated usage, in the written form alone. Taking your other examples, perhaps the only one therefore comparable to it would be Etruscan. Similarly Latin, which was utilised by administration, Church and rulers for administrative purposes, but isolated in usage beyond those parametres, hence why it eventually was overcome when the venacular of each administrative unit entered into written form and thus usurped it's usage by sheer popularity. Therefore, my point was, that Sumerian, as an early form of written language expression was not representative of the spoken language, while Akkadian was, and that is why Sumerian words appear within the Akkadian language. Not related in the traditional sense, but still intertwined in some respects. In short, what I am saying is, that written language and spoken language, most certainly at that time, developed at different paces, and for different purposes of expression, before becoming joined. I think that is an important distinction, linguistically.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Reiken

I just can't message you so I had to post here. I hate being off topic, but since Direne caught my meaning I guess it is ok. No apologies needed...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Of course deaf people "hear". They feel bass, they feel pressure waves from overhead jets, and my relative once jumped from my dogs bark. (My dog has a really deep bark.)

Are you deaf Direne?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Direne,

Originally posted by Direne No other language is related to Summerian.

But what about mathematics from my understanding of math in other bases wasnt there system a sexagemisial system based off of 60 where place values would be like ...(60)^3, (60)^2, 60, 1 so if spoken language is not relative what about there math? I would wonder where they got the notion of a base 60 system without the advent of 0 or non existance or infintie existance, the implications of a non placement of 0 can be very telling about their perception of how to quantify things in my opinion do you know any thing about this

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think we need a little satire to lighten the mood.

This is for you, ForgottenLanguages.org...

Sounds seems to be powerful indeed, but not in vacuum.

It is the effect of the wave on a surface what counts. Not whether you can "hear" or not. That's how I see it.

The surreal abounds! I didn't even have to make that video; I just found it on YouTube.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Doodle19815

Do you mean deaf people will never be healed? Sounds seems to be powerful indeed, but not in vacuum. And not for a deaf person. Unless the key element is not "hearing", but "sensing". Like in cymatics. It is the effect of the wave on a surface what counts. Not whether you can "hear" or not. That's how I see it.

People who are deaf can still technically hear certain sounds, which is why some enjoy rock music for example. Also the vibrations of let's say a chant can possibly have the same effect as hearing it, actually I personally believe it may not be the actual sound at all that gives them that peacefulness that meditative chanting is supposed to provide, it's what vibrations the sound gives.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Okay, you mean that what we call Sumerian is just the language we can depict out from the cuneiform tablets, and we cannot ascertain whether that was the language the common people spoke on a daily basis. I agree with you. Anyway, Sumerian was not the only isolate language around. You also have Elamite, to which no relation has been established with any other language. And they had an interesting religion, and a fascination for the underworld.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

I would consider all metaphysical speculation to have an underlying Dualistic premise, that it's the relationship between dynamic and progressive variables and the inert non-variable. There cannot be any pattern that is more metaphysical than another and thus geometry of the sacred and of the mundane are of the same essential nature, and other external factors need to be brought into consideration.

As an example we could perhaps use the Pentagram, seen in all manner of contexts, yet in it's sacred sense it was derivative of Venus sub-dividing the ecliptic plane into five sectors through the progression of the planet through space and time.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Actually, the fish is dying.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Now I see your point. It is the use that you make of a given pattern what turns it sacred or not. The bare pattern is just a pattern. However, we haven't yet defined what a pattern is. Yes, we know what we mean by "pattern", but we shouldn't forget that detecting a pattern requires to tackle the scale. If you only see half of a pattern, you cannot perceive the pattern. If you just see one vertex, and you miss two, you wouldn't see the triangle.

And if you just see your past and present, you do not yet see your life. You miss the pattern.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

But what makes some patterns to be "metaphysical" and other patterns be just geometric?

Certain traditions teach that a specific drum rhythm attracts the spirits that recognize the rhythm, as in, "Hey! I remember that. I will go closer to check it out."

The same would go for using specific incense formulas and even specific parts of animals being burnt; all designed to attract the attention of a god or gods or daemons.

Though the essential thing you need is space. Distance. Without space separating beings, communication is not necessary.

In the case of possessions, the one inhabiting the other, communication is either instant or channeled.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Direne

Looked like a spawning carp to me. Maybe not dying, but fanning out a nest.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Reiken

Yes, that's what I said. What you called vibrations is what I called "the effect of the wave (front) on the surface".

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join