It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: Brotherman

Hello Brotherman:

I've came to understand something I cannot explain, not necessarily because of fl or what ever but like I said I've been away for awhile.

I welcome and am eager for you to share with us, if you would, that which you've come to understand…..
Missed you, too.
tetra

Nothing I have to say applies much here. To be elicit in ideology n metaphors though that do apply here, Ayndryl said to me more or less language is like water, me as a person is like a container water poured fills the container like a glass or vase. Change the language you can change lots of things about the container. I've been away for awhile, I have been busy doing other things work related n art related I would suppose. I've changed the language so to speak. Lifes been crazy I've only been to my home 2-3weeks total this year.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
...Ayndryl said to me more or less language is like water, me as a person is like a container water poured fills the container like a glass or vase. Change the language you can change lots of things about the container

This.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HerbertAshe

“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” ― Bruce Lee

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What an interesting reply. I saw your work with CD I thought it was very interesting and reflects the type of person you probably are. Very imaginative, thorough, and well laid out. I was also very intrigued with the concept the folks at FL were/ are playing with.

Hello Kandtz I see you over there
long time, I've read a few of your newer threads over the past half a year. Keep up the good work!
edit on 1-8-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
from thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: boozo
a reply to: Prisoner60863

Sorry to burst the bubble. I am a new recruit of FL and the countdown simply points to "The International".

Referenced this thread as someone had already but see if boozo pops up here.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

He did already turn up here posting pointless negative remarks, indeed showing all the classic symptoms of having exchanged e-mails with Ayndryl, at least this shows Boozo can follow orders if nothing else...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt
Lol how does one fully accept "recruitment" for an otherwise niche area of the internet under "orders" to be negative on another niche area of the internet and then be like, "Yeah, seems legit." This makes me laugh a little bit.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

"Troll" is probably a more accurate term than "recruit."

Doesn't really matter though, unless participation in their game gains momentum. Which, as we all probably know, does tend to happen quite often.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
If I were to recruit autistic adults in community college under English as a second language to make offensive macaroni paintings for the Denver airport would I also be a troll, I mean it seems legit right

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

In my experience, they (autistic folk) seem to have just as much access as anyone else. In some cases, I have seen a greater ability to recognize its influence on the individual and the collective.

I think, in our modern culture, anyone who goes outside the established groupthink (culture or counter culture) is labelled in a way that facilitates marginalization. I see it as a defense mechanism of our collective ego.

I think the specific labels are a bit more cemented because of communication, but the biggest difference might be in assigned value. If a culture sees value in different perceptions, such individuals are likely to be prominent in society.

Of course, one of the parts of our current cultural story is the concept that if someone agrees with 'me' on a foundational topic (i.e. God) it is a common process to assume there is no difference or diversity. The inverse also holds true in that if someone disagrees with me, that there is nothing to agree with in either perspective.

TL;DR: I see such things as different manifestations of the same stimuli, that differs according to environment, location, and system(brain) structure. What structures are accepted or rejected depends on consensus reality, which is the "pen" that writes our story.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Nicely said. Perceptive.

But that said, both my wife and I
are on the autistic spectrum; she
is in her 40's and I'm in my 50's;
we both understand people fairly
well...but do not identify with them.

Neither of us have ever 'felt human'.
We are bilingual human, but it is
a second language.

As for 'shaman' I'd wager that most
of them are on the alternative
neurology spectrum as well.

Kev

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

To clarify, your (and your wife) experience could be predicted with a great deal of accuracy given our current cultural story.

I guess a main point would be that everyone is on the same spectrum, with -no- equal values. The value (lets use P) is defined by each unique perspective. In this, the perceived commonality present in groupthink doesn't account for either the individual differences within the group, or the similarities outside of it.

The consequence of such a paradigm is that those individuals who do not fit neatly into a labeled group are essentially at odds with society. And in our cultural story, what it means to "be human" is defined by the majority rather than the sum of each unique part (defined by the "totality").

I believe that the vastness of the human experience is not properly accounted for, in our current cultural story. The false lines we have drawn for generations give a faulty, limited definition of humanity that leads to the very experiences you described.

Its a shame really..

Perhaps another way to say it; We are all shamans, but many choose to give their 'power' away in order to join the groupthink war.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

To clarify, your (and your wife) experience could be predicted with a great deal of accuracy given our current cultural story.

I guess a main point would be that everyone is on the same spectrum, with -no- equal values. The value (lets use P) is defined by each unique perspective. In this, the perceived commonality present in groupthink doesn't account for either the individual differences within the group, or the similarities outside of it.

The consequence of such a paradigm is that those individuals who do not fit neatly into a labeled group are essentially at odds with society. And in our cultural story, what it means to "be human" is defined by the majority rather than the sum of each unique part (defined by the "totality").

I believe that the vastness of the human experience is not properly accounted for, in our current cultural story. The false lines we have drawn for generations give a faulty, limited definition of humanity that leads to the very experiences you described.

Its a shame really..

Perhaps another way to say it; We are all shamans, but many choose to give their 'power' away in order to join the groupthink war.

Your mind is well organized and
perceptive with a minimum of
observable personal or selection
bias.

Everything you wrote there is
spot on correct. Couldn't have
said it better.

Humans are stuck in a group think
loop, rather like the out of control
sexual selection observed with
the peacocks tail.

The utility of the evolutionary advantage
of group think has now lapsed however,
and the fatal back loaded recessive
traits such as religion are now becoming
fatal.

If the human animal is not soon reprogrammed
to counteract the buildup of toxic cultural
evolution; the whole herd will become
nonviable.

Btw my wife and I like some
humans but they tend to be a
noisy and irrational bunch and
given our perceptual oversensitivity
we tend to prefer the company of
other species more.

I like chatting on the Internet some,
there are some bright minds here
and there. She doesn't.

Thanks for the excellent conversation
(you and others in this thread).

Kev

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
The utility of the evolutionary advantage
of group think has now lapsed however,
and the fatal back loaded recessive
traits such as religion are now becoming
fatal.

If the human animal is not soon reprogrammed
to counteract the buildup of toxic cultural
evolution; the whole herd will become
nonviable.

Indeed, and I think it is important to note that "religious" thinking goes beyond the atheist/theist paradigm. Zealotry is accelerating greatly, and its not a good thing.

Btw my wife and I like some
humans but they tend to be a
noisy and irrational bunch and
given our perceptual oversensitivity
we tend to prefer the company of
other species more.

10 feet from my living room, I enjoy the company of about 7 species of bird and mammal. Doesn't sound like a lot, maybe, but they all eat together.

Animals don't write us off just because we can't understand each other. Language and communication are so much deeper than the words on the surface.

They only exacerbate the situations in my previous posts.. its interesting how so many other forms of communication ( even just basic body language) facilitate communion, a meeting of the minds, while the spoken language causes so much division.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yes...human language has become
the poisonous fruit resulting from
the ego explosion which occurred
with the post Sahara dry-up and
resulting semitic Aryan destruction
of the previous matriarchical and
equitable world.

Kev

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Isn't this, respectfully, what "waking up" describes? We "wake up" to the cultural overall story of life, and our place within that, and begin a conscious exploration and "writing" of it, don't we? No, it isn't in history books. When you wake up, perhaps, you then realize, that history is just, in fact, another story…..

I think we can wake up from aspects of it, but its impact began from birth. Influencing every single neural pathway that will be developed in life. The only way to truly change it is by passing it on generationally, so that those born are inundated with a different culture that ideally coheres over a couple generations. Realizing what is wrong with the 'plot' is one thing, living an effective day to day cultural story is much different. Its hard to say how things will turn out, even if well intentioned.

As far as that background hum and its permeations….
Have you ever had a memory, a deja vu moment, for lack of a better word, and in that instant, "remembered" that same moment happening fifty or so different ways, all at the same time? That is what the "background hum" you speak of means to me. Being conscious, as you describe, then becomes a challenge of living in this moment and all those other moments, and still having sanity and faith…..that there is some point to all that. In one life I experienced I was a physicist….in another I was homeless, etc.

To me, this is the background hum. This is the real story.

See, from my perspective, it is referring almost specifically to the moments we don't notice. The things we no longer notice because they have never *not* been there.

Things like thinking in words, as it is a learned trait that becomes habit even though, in many ways, it is not advantageous. Or the learned trait that 'who we are' is contained entirely in our mind and brain. These are the types of behavioral traits that most never even consider, and yet they are defining parameters for our experience of life.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
In my experience, they (autistic folk) seem to have just as much access as anyone else. In some cases, I have seen a greater ability to recognize its influence on the individual and the collective.

I think, in our modern culture, anyone who goes outside the established groupthink (culture or counter culture) is labelled in a way that facilitates marginalization. I see it as a defense mechanism of our collective ego.

I think the specific labels are a bit more cemented because of communication, but the biggest difference might be in assigned value. If a culture sees value in different perceptions, such individuals are likely to be prominent in society.

Of course, one of the parts of our current cultural story is the concept that if someone agrees with 'me' on a foundational topic (i.e. God) it is a common process to assume there is no difference or diversity. The inverse also holds true in that if someone disagrees with me, that there is nothing to agree with in either perspective.

TL;DR: I see such things as different manifestations of the same stimuli, that differs according to environment, location, and system(brain) structure. What structures are accepted or rejected depends on consensus reality, which is the "pen" that writes our story.

Just to say that I enjoyed reading that very much.

Very best

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HerbertAshe

originally posted by: Brotherman
...Ayndryl said to me more or less language is like water, me as a person is like a container water poured fills the container like a glass or vase. Change the language you can change lots of things about the container

This.

Indeed

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Herbert, did you get my PM (sent around the 21st July)?

Not that it's anything important, I was just checking something in my outbox and noticed that the PM I sent you is showing as if it hasn't been read..

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Ain't that the truth. We are constantly evolving as a species, and anyone not conforming to the societal standards present today may be looked at with fear and scorn, but might just be displaying advantages of evolution which modern psychology has yet to recognize.
Plus, this guy makes a great point on mental illness. The same psychiatrists who lock ppl away today would lock up Jesus and Buddha if they were alive today. Scary stuff.

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join