It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Another interesting thing I found is, if you try to zoom in one some of diskus's characters you'll find out they some of the squares have some pattern inside. This thing was definitely meant to have some software converter to be able to understand it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

You won't learn any language on the site by studying any one language. Or even two.
The product is the result of the combination of at least two independent languages.

You'd either have to spend the time to learn the language for what it is or have a key.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSB

This is what I got when copied and pasted with a similar back color from there site i took a screen shot of the site opened it up in paint use the eye dropper tool from the background then deleted the pic copied the diskus text and then pasted on the paint bucket filled background after changing the color back to black

also to note if you paste the text in a text bar and change the text to any gothic or roman text in paint it will auto space instead of jumble at any size you make your box idk what that means exactly if anything other then it will not appear jumbled and you can look deeper into the nodes and you can see those patterns you talk about the image above was just pasted without using and sort of text just a paste job
edit on 12-7-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by TheSB

I read an article last night on their site basically saying that language needs to move away from having characters that are assigned a specific value and more towards a language where value is defined by looking at a character's spatial relation to other characters. I think Diskus is an attempt at that.

If so than moving away from alphabet is indead a very important step. Humanity is well too conservative to make such a step with alphabet. If you ever tryed leraning a forign language you probably noticed how the hardest words to prononce right are the ones which is spelled the same as in your mothertong and has same meaning. Like "Banana" for example, I never get it right.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Interesting...

forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...
This page no longer exists,

but if you get to it from here:
forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

then press CTRL+F type in "Nodespaces" take a look at the software...
Still wanting a download link so bad

at the bottom right you see "powered by" but the writing's too small.

(turns out all I had to do to find that picture was Google Image "nodespaces v2.0")
edit on 12/7/13 by AKindChap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

This is what i got from copy/paste in MSword changed background color to something similiar to the page's and resizing it. Looks completly different. I wonder why.

Look what I found while playing with fonds

Maybe there's something to this.
edit on 12-7-2013 by TheSB because: new data

edit on 12-7-2013 by TheSB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by TheSB

This is what I got when copied and pasted with a similar back color from there site i took a screen shot of the site opened it up in paint use the eye dropper tool from the background then deleted the pic copied the diskus text and then pasted on the paint bucket filled background after changing the color back to black

also to note if you paste the text in a text bar and change the text to any gothic or roman text in paint it will auto space instead of jumble at any size you make your box idk what that means exactly if anything other then it will not appear jumbled and you can look deeper into the nodes and you can see those patterns you talk about the image above was just pasted without using and sort of text just a paste job

The picture made me think of constellations, perhaps a reference to stars might have some significance. I feel that at this point I am just throwing in random ideas, I am lost.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

So I was curious about the physics equations.

Cassini Diskus is a language for aliens.

Some members of the group are physicists within quantum gravity field. Additionally, most of the math needed to 'recreate' a natural language is based on topology, fractal geometry, and non-linear dynamics. However, the posts you hit on physics are our discussions on how to encode math and physics information to non-humans, should the case arise.

Cassini Diskus is our encoding of all the 100 most cited papers from CERN (2006-2012). Most of them having to do with superstring theory. The idea behind is this: how to encode all of our current knowledge on particle physics to non-human civilizations, should the need arise in a near future.

Yes, you have our authorization to publish all the information so far.

Yours,

Ayndryl Reganah.

This is what I got from her 3 hours ago:

Forgotten Languages Organization is devoted to the study and research on language and linguistics, revolving around the NodeSpaces V2.0 software, a complex system used to perform research on a variety of fields such as natural language evolution, symbolic-sequence processing, language obfuscation (hiding of natural language within natural language itself), characterization of language dynamics (language as a non-linear self-adapting system), co-syntax, and design of engineered languages (synthetic languages) for Defense and Neurolinguistics research.

In essence, the system allows the user to throw in a pair of natural languages (or several NLs) and perform lexical, morphological, and/or syntactical mixing to come out with a new language, which is then exposed to NL evolution rules (based on a rule-based system coded in Python and JESS). The use of computers allows the simulate time-dependent changes, based on previous analyses of real 'mixed' languages as, for example, Romanian and Maltese (or the many pidgins and creoles available in real life). This also allows for researching and testing language evolution and language-contact hipotheses, plus allowing researching in the field of grammar complexity and emergence.

The new language is then used by the community to test its performance and robustness, either by translating well-known texts ranging from the Bible to literature and philosophical texts, allowing us to further finetune the generated languages, of which so far 37 have been designed, 17 out of which are now completed.

How 'natural' the engineered languages are is measured using a huge set of statistical, probabilistic, and fractal linguistics math tools, mostly based on n-grams and Markovian dynamics.

Because they are languages, they can be used as such. Because they are engineered, no previous knowledge on them is available to the non-designers, which allows the languages to be freely used for information sharing and human communication on a private basis. Obviously, these languages have a grammar, and thus they can be learnt by non-designers. Mind that these languages are not conlangs, which is why we do not pursue research in that area.

On what concerns emotonial (in)competence: forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org... Hope this answers your question. If it doesn't, feel free to ask.

Yours,
Ayndryl Reganah,
FL Org. [email protected]

Looks to me like they're not trying to hide anything.

If all this is true, which I have no reason to believe it is not, I may stand corrected from my previous post where I strongly suggested this is personal for them.

I'll be back later because this is turning into a VERY interesting topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Lewis was a philologist. There seems to be a tension between philology and linguistics.

It's been my general view that humans developed language by story telling. The early stories were about the gods. In a sense we got language from the gods. To then strip the gods away, and our stories away, yet leave the bare structure of language seems de-humanizing. Emptying the vessel for something else.

I found an essay that seems to tie philology with Indo-European and proto Indo-European language. I haven't read the whole essay yet.

Julia Cresswell - Is philology pointless?

While there is general agreement about the basic facts of the relationship between all these different languages, just about everything else is hotly debated. However, the majority of academics think that the original language, Proto-Indo-European, which has not survived, was being spoken some 5000 or more years ago somewhere in the area around the Black Sea. And by looking at the words that have a common origin (often called a root) that are in most Indo-European languages and at those that differ between languages we are indeed able to reconstruct something about their civilization. One of the reasons the homeland of the language is thought to have been quite far north is that ‘snow’ usually comes from a common root in Indo-European languages (although the fact that the word for ‘rain’ does not is a warning that the evidence cannot be relied on that firmly). Further evidence for climate can be found in evidence such as the common roots for northern trees such as the birch and beech, but not for trees that grow in more southerly climates. We can tell something about their levels of technology – they would appear to have had copper, and perhaps bronze, but the word for iron differs in different sub-groups so it was probably discovered after they emigrated from their homeland. We can even guess at their religion, as the world for ‘god’ and ‘sky’ are closely related, and the concept of ‘God the Father’ seems widespread, appearing in names such as that of the Roman god Jupiter.

The Black Sea is likely the result of a major flood, maybe The Flood.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSB

I was able to replicate your sequence using MS reference specialty is that what you used and how were you able to keep color?

Also note the significance in the math symbology when the same paste is applied to MS reference 2 it will give you square root values, I wonder if all of them were applied it would help us gain insight into the logic of this system

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I did it the same way, but tested some more and found out that most of hebrew fonds gave me the same results.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSB

that could mean something as well for example they claim to use 2 languages in there system maybe these numbers are relative to how they did that I dont know much about this node stuff but id really like to know more

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Wow!

I have been on ATS a long time and this is one of the most interesting topics ever.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Well you have numbers as one posible key and there are colors, don't forget the colors, they should be atleast as important.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone noticed the post about the Nodespaces screenshot, so will show it again.

lh6.ggpht.com...

Judging by some of the options is has on there, I doubt we'll be able to translate without it.

I find it odd that they made software that seems available to very few, but put effort into a nice little interface.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AKindChap

This looks like my guitar amp

Hard to tell if we can decipher it even with this program, with so many options I'd say you need some code or something. Still coudn't hurt having it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There is a photo on this page: forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

(I didn't notice Dark Millenium Dungeon until pasting this...)

Notice the 2012 forgottenlanguages.org copyright?

Well they just stole the picture from this site: www.icuinparis.com...

And changed the background.

Is this even legal? :s

Also, this one:

has been mirrored and edited from this:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I posted this link on the first page but wanted to bring it back to light.

arxiv.org...

It is over my head....but maybe one of you can apply it to what is now known.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by abeverage

You won't learn any language on the site by studying any one language. Or even two.
The product is the result of the combination of at least two independent languages.

You'd either have to spend the time to learn the language for what it is or have a key.

If you follow this thread you will see I already mentioned it is not gibberish but a code to which we do not have the cipher. And there are multiple languages with ciphers I was trying to add to this that Gypsy(Romani) was brought up today.

Now if you excuse me I am going to try drinking and see if it helps...lol
edit on 12-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Cassini Diskus when put in a word scrambler gives the word Indicia (the highest lettered word generated)

"Information-Based Indicia" is a system used by the United States Postal Service.
edit on 12-7-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join