It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your username ................. How did it come about ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Mine is really very simple.

I knew that I would protect everyone from Nibiru on the date the Mayans predicted.

Job well done.

*pats self on back

ps- You're welcome all you ingrates!
edit on 11-7-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Man what a great way to start my day

I've just woken the wife with my laughing, thanks people this is a fascinating insight to us.

It goes to show what a diverse bunch we are. May you all have an awesome day

Cody

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Carmageddon, a PC game from the 90's, one of the characters is where i took
my name from and it just stuck really, its unique enough so that
i rarely run into it being taken and that can be handy.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I sometimes worry that people will think that LoneCloudHopper is a drug reference, but it's not.

'Cloud hopping' is using an air balloon or glider to, well, cruise the sky. I always had a fear of heights and so I've never attempted it, but for me it symbolizes spiritual freedom. In a sense, I am a lonely spiritualist without a home or religion (anywhere where I belong,) and I sort of just go through life in my own way: in the clouds or in my own world, you might say. I'm an individualist, artistic guy who lives life my way. As much as I can anyway.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Mine's a fake name.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Its because I'm smart

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Briles is a nickname using letter from my surname, and 12-07 is mine and my partners lucky numbers :-)

Pretty boring!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
Carmageddon, a PC game from the 90's, one of the characters is where i took
my name from and it just stuck really, its unique enough so that
i rarely run into it being taken and that can be handy.

Man that game was awesome!

Strangley, My grandma had it on her PC and I used to play when I went to visit.

She's not such a good driver.....coincidence?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm a semi-retired jester (we never really retire; can't help but crack those one-liners & throw sharp objects). Had to come up with a fool name on the spot when I was roped into performing the very first time and Trivet clanged me in the head: it's used to hold hot objects (topics).

And as a fool, I cannot tell a lie. Or I'll be filleted and braised with garlic and onions.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
What a funny and relaxing 6 page read that was at the end of a hard working day (with a glass of home-made wine)!

I am a long-term, American ex-patriot of France.

My ATS name is an inversion of Marie Antoinette.

I am not a bloke.

The pic is from a painting by the cubist Braque.

It is of a man at a café terrace reading a paper... I once owned a café and cafés meant a lot to me in my life.

edit on 11-7-2013 by antoinemarionette because: added thoughts

edit on 11-7-2013 by antoinemarionette because: changed one word

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
My name's Kenneth and I'm actually a badger.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Well I chose this user name because I had my old account banned / closed because phishyblankwaters was phishybongwaters. Apparently having pictures of a dude smoking a massive joint, or pot leafs, or 420, or even the word bong, in your name / avatar is ok, but in combination with another word it might not be. I'm asssuming the offending word was phishy. Who would be offended by waters?

But the truth to the story goes way way back to a time when most of my online activity was centered around IRC, because none of the social networking features we enjoy today even existed. After some issues relating to copyright violations and data sharing, I needed to shed my old name and create a new fresh one that wouldn't be linked back to my old identity. So I merged a few of my interests into an almost double entendre and came up with:

(phish) y (bong)(waters)

waters being Roger Waters from Pink Floyd as well as a loose waterpipe reference.

Then I expressed the wrong opinion here in some thread, after some time of being a posting user, and was told my account was to be closed and pick a new name. I felt 'blankwaters' had more of a ring to it that 'censoredwaters'

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I cant remember why I have this name but I used it when I was playing counter strike 1.6.. wow must be 10+ years ago.. and the name has stuck since

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by cody599

My username, 'daaskapital' comes from a great 90's Australian TV show. Essentially, the show surrounded a famous Australian comedy/music trio named the Doug Anthony All Stars (DAAS) who completely reinvented Australian comedy.

I chose it because the TV series, and the group are great.

- Daas.
edit on 10-7-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

Crazy, I thought that you might have been some kind of German/Dutch hybrid - "Kapital" for moneyz, "daas" as a stretched version of "das" for "the"!

Nevertheless: Man from Europe. Nothing more to it. It was chosen for a thread which was so very much US-American-centered picture of the world, that I just had to make the statement that there are other people, too. Nothing too political, not too polite, I just like sometimes to pound on the table with my opinions

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I always liked the character "Q" on the television series Star Trek Next Generation.

The remainder came from the ether. It's the next most important number in the universe... After 42, of course

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
My name is Samuel Is****
Wish I had of put more effort into the name. (sad face)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by cody599

Well according to the register date...I joined in 2005!! Haha! But I didn't realize I was a member until last fall.
duh duhduh!

So natalia is a name I have always wanted. It sounded prettier than my name. I know that's why I picked it 8 years ago!! Hahaha!

This is an interesting thread, I've kinda wondered why certain people picked their name.

-nat
edit on 10-7-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2013 by natalia because: Ugh spelling and grammar issues...

Hiya Gertrude... how are you doing?

Bwahahahaha

Nat is a lovely name but i am sure that you RL name is even lovlier my dear

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
There's some great reasons for your names guys

My favourite so far is big fat furry texan's I woke up the wife laughing at that

Thanks to you all for sharing so far it's been quite facsinating

Cody

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Not giving much away apart from the fact that one of my faithful and EXTREMELY handsome and intelligent dogs helped me to find my avatar name

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 11-7-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I''ve had a kick out of reading this thread. Another awsome thread Cody!

*Siberbat* is when you put a mildly blind guy behind a keyboard. Figured Siber was more original than Cyber. lol. Have a good one everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join