It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your username ................. How did it come about ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
First I want to say thanks Cody.

Many times a day I come on here to see whats new and I am always wondering why people have the names they do or more interesting what do those names mean.

Anyway, here's my story

Back when I first came online and needed a user name somewhere, Neo was chosen or Neo with a number. That was short lived however since not longer after the Matrix came along and soon everyone was using it.

Since then I have had many names, ShadowLink is the one I almost exclusively now.

I like all things dark and mysterious, hence the Shadow part and Zelda was an old favorite game. Also, for some strange reason Link just sounds good to me.

My names are always something dark along with Link or Loki.
Not as exciting as most here, but that's my tale.

I hope to read many more replies. Some people I always wonder about have yet to respond.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I was reading a book and this name was in it. Plus it isn't first page google results so most don't know who/what it means.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
At the age of 12, just after the event and learning more about the "Y2K" scare- Well- Lets say, i never understood then, the 89, being the birth year.

I had created an email account in the name of "gizmo"- with a nickname- Y3K-

Not knowing the depths of the name- urban dictionary relates it more streamline too the "Jonas brothers" -.-'

But yeah, Mainly the avatar and name is used widely in online game-tag ... and anything web related...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've survived 2 bouts (soon to be 3) with stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma. A very deadly form of skin cancer. I was also in the US army for 8 years.

It just kind of seemed appropriate in both of those ways. Plus it reminds me no matter how discouraged I get to not stop fighting this damned disease. In the end the cancer will win but I am determined to make it as difficult as I can for it for as long as I can.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
After reading Horace Miner's Body Ritual among the Nacirema, I instantly fell in love with the name.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"I'm all in" poker term
Pretty anticlimactic I know.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This was my blogging name. Ghosting was because I just hung around not being noticed, sort of lurking around so to speak. Miranda sort of speaks for itself.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I couldn't think of a brilliant user name so i just use my name except i rearranged a few letters around...pretty boring huh?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Various life events, my inclination for finding the truth, my love of the truth, my love of science, my love of the absolute truth, the fact I know of things that are true that some people wouldn't believe, the fact I speak truly as much as possible, and more but I won't say about that for now.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In college I had a homework assignment to use two words to describe myself.

I polled others in my Major. Random and tangents were the winners.
R (are) me, might have tried to start out as is me. Either way it's bad grammar on my end.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
æmyrge --> eimyrja --> ember --> slowly dying or fading emotions, memories, ideas, or responses still capable of being revived

of

scott --> painted warrior

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Cool thread.

Hmmm I am pretty sure my name is inspired by the video game Operation Flashpoint.

The quote goes like this :

"Once you see the flash, it's already too late."

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

My username, 'daaskapital' comes from a great 90's Australian TV show. Essentially, the show surrounded a famous Australian comedy/music trio named the Doug Anthony All Stars (DAAS) who completely reinvented Australian comedy.

I chose it because the TV series, and the group are great.

Here's a few of their comedy stuff:

The Doug Anthony All Stars also had some serious songs, and done some great covers too:

Sorry for all of the videos. But whoever loves comedy is bound to like the above stuff. I urge everyone to watch DAAS, especially Cody, knowing that you're a comedy lover.

- Daas.
edit on 10-7-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Marvin Gaye sang "War is not the answer"...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Always felt more like a listening post than a person and well, my grandpa was involved with both it and I: en.wikipedia.org...

Kind of sad that I most affiliate with a glorified radio tower though.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It's mainly representative of lucid dreaming, study of dreams, dream journals, coupled in with esoteric studies, T. McKenna... figured it fit at the time when I kept discovering ATS when searching about dreams, the paranormal, conspiracies, more.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You do manage to have the most interesting threads, Cody.

Mine is fairly straight forward I guess. I started using White Rabbit in the mid 90's from Archangel before that and it's from the 1960's song in a nod to a childhood I'll just leave there for details we don't need to get all personal with.

Anyway... The variation came because in mid 1999 I got tired of having as many different versions of Wrabbitxxxx or Wrabxxxxx with x's being some combo of numbers, I just decided to pick Wrabbit2000 with regard to Y2K. That was my first big "doomer" event to experience (and yes... fall for.. lol) for how people react to dates like that. I've kept it or Wrabbit2001 on some things, ever since.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My name an homage to Nikola Tesla, my avatar because my niece calls me "Old Wolf".

Aethertek of Oakeniron

K~

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Mine is my old Army nickname, had a SGT that couldnt pronounce my nickname, so he started calling me Homer. Before long, everyone else started calling me Homer, so I guess it was meant for me!!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Unpretentious, anonymous and simple.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join