It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your username ................. How did it come about ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Hi mum

Where you been ?

Nah it just makes me giggle, good to see you again

Cody

Hi, Sonny. 'Just off playing Bridge with the girls. Did you get that haircut?

Love, Mum

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My name.
I must be the most boring person on the planet.

I'm not good at picking usernames, obviously.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I was reopening a mothballed call center in Laramie, WY. I had been a Training Manager, but was hired as an Operations Manager. I had a close relationship with the training department.

I was about 350lbs with hair down to my waist and a full beard.

One of the trainers walked in one day looking for me. When he couldn't find me he asked, "Where is that big, fat, furry Texan at?" It got back to me, and I thought it was hilarious.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There are a number of names I wanted to use. Like crimson, or scarlet, etc. Something that's red, power, fire, passion, and represents immortality. I felt Phoenix would be the best choice and 267 is the number I always use for whatever reason. It's a mystery.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Phoenix267 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
No mystery here. I selected Galadriel as I enjoyed The Hobbit and the Lord of the Ring trilogy as a teen, and I really love the films. Most of all, I find the character Galadriel to be strong, mysterious, magical, ethereal and earthly -- tied to the forest. I love trees, outdoors, and all things magical. Galadriel feels as if she is also tied to the night, the moon and stars.

The avatar image, which was provided to me by some folks here on ATS (thank you!!), reminds me a bit of what I looked like in my younger years -- that it feels very comfortable. Couple more pounds, shorter hair, and a few more years on me now.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I was reopening a mothballed call center in Laramie, WY. I had been a Training Manager, but was hired as an Operations Manager. I had a close relationship with the training department.

One of the trainers walked in one day looking for me. When he couldn't find me he asked, "Where is that big, fat, furry Texan at?" It got back to me, and I thought it was hilarious.

That's a good one.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
From the movie Airplane,when the two 'jive' brothers are talking..'See a broad to get that BOOTYAC'

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Bango Skank is a character created by horror novelist Peter Straub, and made reference to in Stephen King's epic Dark Tower novels.

Bango Skank first appeared in Straub's "The Buffalo Hunter", the third story in his short fiction collection Houses Without Doors.

Although Skank never makes a physical appearance in The Dark Tower novels, he has left graffiti in surprising, dangerous, and unlikely spots, from alternate versions of New York City to the tunnels beneath the Dixie Pig restaurant.

and the number 19 plays a big part in King's DT series

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just a nickname I've always had.And the 1982 is NOT my birthyear,far from it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It sure is interesting how people come up with their names.

Mine is not quite as interesting I'm afraid.

Instead of using my real name, which might be recognized, I decided to go Old School and do it like actors and actresses used to come up with their stage names.

Take the name of a Family Pet and a Street that you used to live on and splice them together.

Thus. . Shadellac Zumbrum

Pronounced . . Shade a lac Zoom Broom

But you can call me The Shade.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

When I joined, I asked my (then seven year old son) what my "name" should be.

Ta-daaaa!

beezzer was born.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My choice of username is self explanatory.

I am King of the Chip stacks at poker

Am now considering changing to: MrConceited

edit on 10-7-2013 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by cody599

It sure is interesting how people come up with their names.

Mine is not quite as interesting I'm afraid.

Instead of using my real name, which might be recognized, I decided to go Old School and do it like actors and actresses used to come up with their stage names.

Take the name of a Family Pet and a Street that you used to live on and splice them together.

Thus. . Shadellac Zumbrum

Pronounced . . Shade a lac Zoom Broom

But you can call me The Shade.

Wish I could call you The Shade, but you had that chance when you created your account ShadellacZumbrum

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think my username speaks for itself.

I come to ATS to find truth in the lie we live.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
"grubblesnert"
is what I remembered a video game character saying at it's defeat in an some obscure video arcade game I played while on a date with a former girlfriend (who I still think of and remember fondly all these years later, Angela) at a Chucky Cheese in Daytona Fla in 1982.
The thing said "grubblesnert" and my girlfriend and I laughed, or so my memory says................

Therfore I chose this word to help keep the memory alive and until now it has remained a privite personal keepsake.
But, Sharing this brings a smile to my face so, no worry in the sharing of a personal recolection here

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by cody599

When I joined, I asked my (then seven year old son) what my "name" should be.

Ta-daaaa!

beezzer was born.
personal and heartfelt. Always the best!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Creative use of my birthday to define myself.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Miracula is a cross between dracula and miracle.

Dragons = vampires

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

When they couldn't find me at work I was called a lot worse!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Nowadays I own the checkbook. When they can't find me, they call me on my phone. Then they call me worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join